Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2023, 09:02   #721
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Alcazar Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jatin247 View Post
It’s been nearly 1.5 years and 12000kms since I have been using Alcazar Diesel 1.5 AT and recently I have started facing this issue of check engine light.
The check engine light randomly pops up and stays there, there is no issue in driving the car. I have got it checked 2-3 times and the issue still persists, as I have read in earlier posts many of you guys have been facing issue with injector I guess I will get it checked too, as such I don’t feel any jerks regularly but sometimes there is a lil jerk when accelerating hard and the lag :/
This issue can’t be related to DPF because I have got it checked and even did the regeneration once and light too never came up.
Last time I got it checked the error was related to some pressure sensor. Can anyone guide me on this?
When the check engine light glows, it is the easiest to diagnose. What more does the service center want to fix this issue? Looks more like foot dragging from them. Mention the name of the service center here and take them to task. As your vehicle is under warranty, they should replace the part giving the problem.
Old 20th March 2023, 17:43   #722
BHPian

I have noticed the jerks during acceleration specially when the distance to empty is less than 200 kms. Not sure if this is a valid observation but once I do a tank full, it runs smoothly. Specially noticeable when the RPM hovers around 1500 mark and the speed is between 40 - 60.

I am nearing 20 k kms and due for 3rd service. Will see the possibility of getting the injectors cleaned as part of service and then check the performance.

P.S. I had an issue with DPF and was replaced under warranty. Jerks and loss of acceleration felt that time used to be quite severe.
Old 20th March 2023, 21:20   #723
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus_fiat View Post
I have noticed the jerks during acceleration specially when the distance to empty is less than 200 kms. Not sure if this is a valid observation but once I do a tank full, it runs smoothly. Specially noticeable when the RPM hovers around 1500 mark and the speed is between 40 - 60.

I am nearing 20 k kms and due for 3rd service. Will see the possibility of getting the injectors cleaned as part of service and then check the performance.

P.S. I had an issue with DPF and was replaced under warranty. Jerks and loss of acceleration felt that time used to be quite severe.
Fuel filter is near end of life. If that's fine, then it has to be fuel pump.
Old 22nd March 2023, 12:08   #724
BHPian

I have clocked 6.5k on my Alcazar Diesel. The feedback is pretty much in-line with what has been summarized in this thread. However, there are few additional aspects that i am facing with my car.

1. The center console vibrations and creaking sound is not consistent. It sometimes creaks even without having to touch it. Sometimes even when pushed hard with the left leg, it does not creak. It has a mood of its own and i am really not sure what makes it creak and how it manages not to sometimes. - I was planning dampen the center console to rectify the issue.. yet to identify as to who can do this perfectly.

2. There is considerable vibration / noise if we place smaller bottles / umbrella / dustbin (anything that is hard for that matter) in the door pockets. Initially i did not understand why there was so much rattle and noise, but later identified it coming from the door pockets. This especially happens if we place things that don't sit flush in the door pockets.. the rattling noise is bit disturbing may be because of otherwise silent cabin. I have never faced such issues in my previous cars.

3. RPM in the car sometimes gets high even when not revving. This could be because of the DPF regen process. While this is happening the fuel efficiency is also impacted. This is really one off and happens may be 1 or 2 times in a month. After a short ride or two this automatically gets back to normal. I am unable to ascertain the pattern yet. I initially thought if i do atleast a 100 / 200 kms journey at over 2000 rpm / 80kmph once a month, the DPF regen would not occur. But then i have had instance where the issue had occurred right after a non-stop 500 km journey.

4. The passenger side seat belt warning did not work couple of times. Though the seat was occupied by an adult, the passenger side seat belt warning did not work. However, when the passenger got out and sat back again, it started to function normally.

5. The perfume provided in the air purifier does not even work. I even tried opening all the vents but no smell at all. Is there a specific setting for turning on the perfume? Also, is anyone aware whether we can refill or replace the perfume.

6. Having upgraded to Android Auto Coolwalk, it doesnt let me finish the voice commands. It used to work well before the upgrade. It cuts off in the middle irrespective of the size of the command. For e.g. some time you ask "play my reprise youtube playlist".. most of the times it cuts off in the middle. i have tried both holding the voice command button till the end of the command and also giving voice command after pressing the button once. The issue seems to be persistent.

7. I have seen few videos especially of Kia / Hyundai where people have enabled wireless android auto / Carplay through the Engineering Mode. Has anyone tried this. I did manage to access the engineering mode one time, however i couldn't find the appropriate setting. I am unable to access the engineering mode ever since. If this doesn't work, i am planning to buy Carlinkit for the wireless AA / CP.

Having discussed these pointers, these are not show-stoppers and are not off huge concern to me. This really has been a fantastic upgrade for me from my earlier Honda BRV in terms of Ride quality, Cabin noise insulation, Quality of interiors, Features, engine performance, middle row comfort and space etc. The only thing that seems better in BRV is the third row space. I really wonder how BRV managed to squeeze little more leg room for the 3rd row.
Vikashmalya is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2023, 15:52   #725
BHPian

Has anyone been delivered the turbo petrol Alcazar yet? Wanted to hear feedback on the new engine.
Old 27th March 2023, 13:12   #726
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikashmalya View Post
4. The passenger side seat belt warning did not work couple of times. Though the seat was occupied by an adult, the passenger side seat belt warning did not work. However, when the passenger got out and sat back again, it started to function normally.

5. The perfume provided in the air purifier does not even work. I even tried opening all the vents but no smell at all. Is there a specific setting for turning on the perfume? Also, is anyone aware whether we can refill or replace the perfume.
I have faced the above 2 issues as well.

Point 5 happened a couple of times but went off by itself.

Point 6 : i spoke to service center but they had no clue. I was not too keen on this hence left it.
callmeneo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2023, 15:50   #727
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by automowheels View Post
Has anyone been delivered the turbo petrol Alcazar yet? Wanted to hear feedback on the new engine.
+1

I asked sales lead in one Hyundai showroom IN bangalore, no test drive vehicles available yet. I have asked for either Verna or Alcazar just to check the 1.5 Turbo Petrol engine, but nothing available yet. As of Saturday, he had said it will be available in next week. Will update if I hear anything back.
Old 28th March 2023, 19:21   #728
BHPian

Quote:
I have clocked 6.5k on my Alcazar Diesel. The feedback is pretty much in-line with what has been summarized in this thread. However, there are few additional aspects that i am facing with my car.
Point 2: Yes something I have noticed as well. This could be because of hard plastic used internally. We have purchased bottles with soft cloth / foam cover specially to address this

Point 3: It really depends on how quickly the soot is deposited while driving. City driving / quick start stop journeys will clog the filter quickly.

Point 4: Has always worked for me. However, it looks like a certain weight needs to be there for it to be activated.
maximus_fiat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2023, 12:35   #729
BHPian

Quote:
2. There is considerable vibration / noise if we place smaller bottles / umbrella / dustbin (anything that is hard for that matter) in the door pockets. Initially i did not understand why there was so much rattle and noise, but later identified it coming from the door pockets. This especially happens if we place things that don't sit flush in the door pockets.. the rattling noise is bit disturbing may be because of otherwise silent cabin. I have never faced such issues in my previous cars.
I think it has to do with the hard plastic material in the door pockets. My kids once dropped a thin flat plastic ice-cream spoon in the door pocket. It was giving such a rattle and noise, I thought it was the seat-belt buckle hitting the door. I was surprised to find that a loose plastic item was the cause of it.
rvlkiran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2023, 10:54   #730
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus_fiat View Post
Point 4: Has always worked for me. However, it looks like a certain weight needs to be there for it to be activated.
Can you pls elaborate what you mean by "certain weight needs to be there for it to be activated"? Fill-up the perfume or is it something else? How long have you been using it? For me it has not worked from day one. I guess it must have been full when the car was delivered.
Old 5th April 2023, 09:23   #731
BHPian

Quote:
Can you pls elaborate what you mean by "certain weight needs to be there for it to be activated"? Fill-up the perfume or is it something else? How long have you been using it? For me it has not worked from day one. I guess it must have been full when the car was delivered.
Point 4 was about the seat belt. Not the perfume.
Old 5th April 2023, 09:30   #732
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naetik30 View Post
Point 4 was about the seat belt. Not the perfume.
My bad. Thanks. In my case it did not work when a fully grown adult (65 kg) was occupying the seat multiple times. The moment he got down and got back in, it started working. I understand where you are coming from. However, in my case it has worked every time when young adults or kids occupied the seat. Weird.
Old 5th April 2023, 19:24   #733
BHPian

Quote:

2. There is considerable vibration / noise...

5. The perfume provided in the air purifier does not even work...

7. I have seen few videos especially of Kia / Hyundai where people have enabled wireless android auto / Carplay through the Engineering Mode...
Spot on Vikashmalya. I can relate to the points you've mentioned.

2. Door pocket items rattling: I am yet to find a proper fit (thick and low) water bottles for the door pockets. Leaning towards buying ones with cushioned covers. Most I have seen so far are glass ones and I am in two minds to go for them or keep looking for other build / material.

5. Perfume: Do we even have perfume already provided or its an accessory to be purchased extra?

7. Wireless AA/AC: Also interested to know about it and enable if possible without breaking Bluelink. Please share if you had been able to move ahead on this point.

Now, a few additional aspects that I had observed on my Diesel Manual Signature model (Comments/suggestions welcome!!):

A. Not at nag, but fail to understand Hyundai marketing strategy, as to why same model will have aesthetic difference based on gearbox. Like side-step as a standard for Automated Platinum / Signature and not for Manual version

B. Drive Information: It resets the minute you stop the car and get out of it for few mins. IMO, it should not reset when one is on the long drive and takes Bio/Food breaks in between. There should have been an option to setup interval before which it resets OR there must have been an additional manually controlled 'trip meter' of some sorts

C. Auto Hold: Turns itself off between two drives. Is there a way to retain last value selected?

D. Car Air Purifier: Also looses its setting on a restart. I usually setup for it to be operable by 2nd row passengers from its own small screen on the armrest. But at next start, this setting is gone!!

Want to retain the setting done once (C) and (D) are set-up and not spend a couple of mins every-time fidgeting with the controls. Especially when most of these need car to be stationary to be accessible. The Front row passenger can do it when on the move!!

E. We have a great panel on the 10.25" Infotainment system. If, somehow only 2/3rd of it was utilised by Android Auto / Apple Carplay and 1/3rd was left stock for say Compass/Altimeter, or even inbuilt Maps (small view in third panel) leading to both GMaps through AA/AC and inbuild Maps viewable at same time, it will be great!!

Ah!! Sounding like a wish-list at this time

Last edited by Haldian : 5th April 2023 at 19:27.
Haldian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2023, 11:57   #734
BHPian

Hi, looking to purchase Alcazar 1.5 Turbo and had a few questions:

- Does anyone know if deliveries started and if yes, any reviews on this? I have seen a few on Youtube, but didnt get a whole lot of information out of them.

- Since previous gen had the NA engine, would the performance and mileage see an improvement?

- How is the DCT gearbox on this? Since this is the same on all Hyundai's and Kia's, apart from few initial hickups, I haven't seen much failures or issues in this. Would this still be recommended over the iMT, assuming one gets the highest warranty period available on DCT?

- How are the OEM tyres, are they sufficient or has anyone done an upgrade? Recommendations would be helpful.

Thanks.
Old 6th April 2023, 18:15   #735
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaleen View Post
- Does anyone know if deliveries started and if yes, any reviews on this? I have seen a few on Youtube, but didnt get a whole lot of information out of them.
Deliveries have indeed started and TD cars are available in showrooms too, at least in Bangalore. Found only one review of the engine which may help, but not a lot.

Most Viewed