Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2023, 23:48   #781
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Alcazar Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sids1811 View Post
Alcazar done 50k in < 1 Year

And so the beast completes 50k in less than 11 months and what an enjoyable ride it has been. As fellow BHPian Chillajay rightly said it is not a beast but a beauty inside
Congrats on the milestone.

My usage is similar to yours . Clocked ~21K kms in 5 months. Would have hit 30k mark now if not for my business trip .
callmeneo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2023, 09:02   #782
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmeneo View Post
Congrats on the milestone.

My usage is similar to yours . Clocked ~21K kms in 5 months. Would have hit 30k mark now if not for my business trip .
These figures are exceptional! Would you mind sharing how you happen to drive so much? Is it work, visiting family, or for leisure?
Old 19th May 2023, 13:30   #783
mtk
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkishya View Post
Alcazar's headlights are not meant for night highway driving beyond 80kmph. I've added RIGID 20" light bar in the front and now I can comfortably drive at 110-120kmph even in the night.
Lights are the biggest con for me. Night driving requires extra attention due to the poor throw and brightness. Could you share a picture of how it looks on your car? Also, the cost and a link to purchase. TIA
mtk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2023, 17:21   #784
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by automowheels View Post
These figures are exceptional! Would you mind sharing how you happen to drive so much? Is it work, visiting family, or for leisure?
Had a couple of long leisure trips , around 5k Kms each one.

Also shuttled a lot between 2 cities with a to and fro distance of 900 kms.

As mentioned above , the lights are the biggest con.

One drive in heavy rains and you move from loving the car to hating it.

No actual solutions until now except some headlight modification centers i found which are in Hyderabad and Gurgaon. Haven't had the heart to try them yet though.
callmeneo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2023, 16:39   #785
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naetik30 View Post
Has anyone installed a rear dashcam on the hatch door in the Alcazar? If so, can you post pics of how you routed the cables?
Sorry for this delay in posting the pictures of the wiring of dashcam with rear camera.

The rear camera and the wiring. Please note that there is connector which connects the rear camera with the main camera.

Hyundai Alcazar Review-1.jpg

The wire routing can be seen in below pictures:

Hyundai Alcazar Review-2-2.jpg

Hyundai Alcazar Review-3.jpg

Hyundai Alcazar Review-4.jpg

Hyundai Alcazar Review-5.jpg

Hope this will be helpful. Please do let me know if you need any further information in this regard.
Kulvinder is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2023, 16:57   #786
BHPian

I have installed 70mai A500+ dashcam with rear lens in my Alcazar. I always wanted to install the parking surveillance kit but was somehow not comfortable in doing it with the hardwire kit available from the 70mai on amazon with the fuse tap method. Although, I had done the same thing in my Manza earliest myself, but somehow, was not willing to fiddle with Alcazar.

Normally my car is always kept covered and there is actually no point of installing the parking surveillance kit but when the car is not at home and is parked in mall or something, then this kit will be handy. I'll be taking the Alcazar to a 3000 km round trip soon and the car will not be under cover for the entire trip. So, the parking surveillance kit will be helpful in this situation.

I found a option to provide the parking surveillance without hard wiring the dashcam. This option I found on Amazon is having a inbuilt battery backup of 2500mAH which powers the camera when the vehicle engine is not running. The description says that it can provide power to the camera with dual lens setup for about a week. Which is sufficient in my opinion.

The link to the product: https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B09YQ6YFHX/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I ordered one for 1998/- and was delivered the next day. The installation is pretty straight forward. This product replaced the power cable of the dashcam. I have powered the dashcam from a USB port. Just removed the existing power cable of the dashcam and replaced it with this one. It has one adaptor kind of thing in the middle which essentially houses the battery and related electronics.

Hyundai Alcazar Review-img20230522wa0026.jpg

Hyundai Alcazar Review-img20230522wa0027.jpg

Hyundai Alcazar Review-img20230522wa0028.jpg

Hyundai Alcazar Review-img20230522wa0029.jpg

I have not yet checked it as the car is not being used before the trip which is expected to start my end of this month.

Will post the results after the trip.

I think I will increase the battery capacity later if the backup is not sufficient. It must be using a Li-Ion battery or a 18650 single cell (just assuming by the size of the product) which can be upgraded to a higher capacity easily.
Kulvinder is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2023, 18:56   #787
BHPian

My Bluelink app is not registering trips with less than 1 KM I think. Is there any way to track all trips.

Also is there any way to set alerts within app, if someone starts the engine. This would be helpful during valet parking.
Old 23rd May 2023, 13:08   #788
BHPian

Hi All,
Has anyone faced an issue with the O2 sensor ? Mine is Diesel automatic and just done around 8K Kms, but the O2 sensor is damaged without any reason. Due to this the engine light comes up and remains throughout.
The service advisor mentioned it might take 10-12 days for the part to be available, and I can drive the car with the warning.
I see problems with pickup, gear shifts no happening on time and sometimes misfiring as well due to this.

I am surprised about a part getting damaged so early - around 8 months & 8K KMs.

Any pointer or experiences would be greatly appreciated.
Old 24th May 2023, 02:27   #789
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trave11er View Post
Hi All,
Has anyone faced an issue with the O2 sensor ?
I did.
Mine is also a diesel automatic.
My odo was at 11-12K and the engine light kept coming and going which was very irritating as it didn’t inspire confidence for long drives.
I got car analysed 2 times and the service centre wasn’t able to identify it. Later temperature error was found, and then they finally replaced the sensor under warranty. It took a couple of days for the service centre to replace it.

The sensor cost around 9K, replaced under warranty though.

Last edited by Jatin247 : 24th May 2023 at 02:28.
Jatin247 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2023, 10:15   #790
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jatin247 View Post
I did.
Mine is also a diesel automatic.
My odo was at 11-12K and the engine light kept coming and going which was very irritating as it didn’t inspire confidence for long drives.
I got car analysed 2 times and the service centre wasn’t able to identify it. Later temperature error was found, and then they finally replaced the sensor under warranty.
Many thanks for the details Jatin. In my case, they were able to quickly diagnose the problem after connecting the tab/OBD - it showed P003600:HO@S Heater circuit low (bank 1 / sensor 2).

Waiting for the sensors to be available from last 8 days.
Indeed, it doesn't inspire confidence if the engine light is on all the times - looking ahead to the resolution.
trave11er is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2023, 08:22   #791
BHPian

Anyone here who’s purchased a Turbo DCT Alcazar? Wanted some light on fuel efficiency numbers.
Old 4th June 2023, 16:57   #792

Quote:
Anyone here who’s purchased a Turbo DCT Alcazar? Wanted some light on fuel efficiency numbers.
I am planning to buy Alcazar turbo petrol but unable to find any detailed reviews on its performance online.

It will be great if along with the fuel efficiency someone can also update on headlights performance in this facelift variant?
Old 4th June 2023, 23:56   #793
BHPian

Planning on getting a Diesel Automatic Alcazar Signature. Anything specific that I need to know or check before delivery?
Thank you
Old 5th June 2023, 20:08   #794
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, need help.

The sunroof clip broke on one side. I couldn't find this part anywhere. Even checked Boodmo. HASS said that the entire set (deflector) needs to be replaced which is around 7.5k.

Thanks in advance.

Hyundai Alcazar Review-whatsapp-image-20230605-18.38.12.jpeg

Hyundai Alcazar Review-whatsapp-image-20230605-18.41.47.jpeg
Old 6th June 2023, 22:47   #795

Quote:
Hello, few contacts of mine have suggested 15-16 kmpl for highways and 9-10 kmpl for urban drives. They all own Signature DCT Turbo Petrol 7 seater

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks