Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2021, 14:05   #106
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Alcazar bookings cross 11k mark in less than 1 month

Hyundai has announced that it has received over 11,000 bookings for the Alcazar SUV in less than a month since its launch.

Hyundai Alcazar Review-image-1-hyundai-alcazar.jpg

The Alcazar was launched on June 18. The SUV is available in 6-seat or 7-seat configurations and three trims - Prestige, Platinum and Signature.
According to Hyundai, one-third of the bookings are for the top-spec 'Signature' trim, while diesel variants constitute about 63% of the total bookings. More than 5,600 units have already been sold.

The Alcazar is available with two engine options – a 2.0-litre petrol engine producing 157 BHP and 191 Nm and a 1.5-litre diesel engine that puts out 113 BHP and 250 Nm. Both engines are offered with either a 6-speed manual or 6-speed automatic transmission.

The Alcazar competes with the Tata Safari and MG Hector Plus in the Indian market.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 19th July 2021, 14:44   #107
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Alcazar bookings cross 11k mark in less than 1 month

Hyundai is soon becoming MS of 10-20L space.
prajwalmr62 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th July 2021, 15:34   #108
BHPian

Although the Alcazar would give high sales. I personally would still chose Tata Safari over it. But yes, as u/prajwalmr62 has mentioned, Hyundai is becoming the MS of 10-20L space. And the features which Hyundai gives us in that bracket is absolutely worthy of buying it.
Old 19th July 2021, 15:35   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Hyundai has announced that it has received over 11,000 bookings for the Alcazar SUV in less than a month since its launch.

The Alcazar was launched on June 18. The SUV is available in 6-seat or 7-seat configurations and three trims - Prestige, Platinum and Signature.
According to Hyundai, one-third of the bookings are for the top-spec 'Signature' trim, while diesel variants constitute about 63% of the total bookings. More than 5,600 units have already been sold.

The Alcazar competes with the Tata Safari and MG Hector Plus in the Indian market.
The Alcazar surely looks like a winning shot from Hyundai, thereby establishing near-dominance in a market recovering from the implications of the Covid/lockdown phase. Safari, though a good product will suffer because of the terrible after-sales record of Tata Motos. On the MG front, I know many who are not opting it for it for two reasons: One, since it's technically a Chinese product and Two, their after-sales experience is still untested.

I checked out and test-drove the Alcazar last week when I had visited the Hyundai dealership for my Creta research and was really tempted to choose the Alcazar over the Creta, but we really have no utility for a big 6/7 seater at the moment, so will be sticking to the Creta.
Old 19th July 2021, 16:02   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prajwalmr62 View Post
Hyundai is soon becoming MS of 10-20L space.
Hyundai became segment leader in this price bracket from the launch of 1st generation Creta itself way back in 2015.
It still continues to be, which itself is a great achievement for the brand.

Maruti Suzuki simply doesn't have any cars in this segment (in India) to compete with Hyundai.

Moreover, Maruti Suzuki has to bring something to at least match/compete with the latest technologies (engine + gearboxes) that Hyundai has given us.

Not to forget, huge profits Hyundai is getting in this segment.
Old 19th July 2021, 16:29   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Overwhelming majority of Alcazar customers have chosen the lesser-powered diesel engine (113 bhp) as compared to the powerful petrol engine (157 bhp). Goes to show customers' preferences for higher diesel priced car, irrespective of the variant.

Tata Safari, with its sole dependence on diesel (no petrol engine) and having its top-end diesel variant (XZA+) as its trump card, may have to re-look its pricing/feature proposition very quickly since it is already priced almost 1.5 lakhs more than the Alcazar top-end variant.
JoshMachine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2021, 16:51   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No wonder diesel is back as the preferred engine option. With fuel prices only going north, people would want to pay upfront if possible and save some heartburn on every trip to the fuel pump. Plus, with the new age diesel engines being just as reliable, refined and paired with autoboxes, it is easy to shift the preference.
Nilesh5417 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2021, 17:57   #113
BHPian

Given the hype this product enjoys, I checked the Alcazar last week, with a friend who is considering Innova Crysta. The middle row and last row is a big compromise. Even the quality of plastics used is not upto the standards for the segment. Upset with the size and space provided in middle row my colleague didn't even bother a test drive. I test drove the diesel MT signature variant. It's no where close to Crysta or Safari (the other two products we TD that day), in terms of space, comfort or driving dynamics. I personally feel the MS XL6 is much better product, in terms of space comfort and VFM.
This is my final take on the segment

Safari
+ve Space, comfort, feature list, cost of ownership
-ve Niggling issues as reported in this forum, service experience, white interiors, resale value, long term reliability of electronics.

Innova Crysta
+ve Space, comfort, cost of maintaining the vehicle, reliability, service experience, resale value
-ve Feature list and interiors in base variant, sunroof

Alcazar
+ve Feature list, reliability (over safari), that panoramic sunroof
-ve Space, comfort, cost of ownership, long term reliability of electronics, resale value

XL6/ Ertiga
+ve Space, comfort, cost of maintaining the vehicle, reliability, service experience, resale value, VFM
-ve Feature list, Sunroof, Slow AT.

These views are completely personal in nature with no offense to anyone
bravo82in is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 19th July 2021, 18:23   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshMachine View Post
Overwhelming majority of Alcazar customers have chosen the lesser-powered diesel engine (113 bhp) as compared to the powerful petrol engine (157 bhp). Goes to show customers' preferences for higher diesel priced car, irrespective of the variant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
No wonder diesel is back as the preferred engine option. With fuel prices only going north, people would want to pay upfront if possible and save some heartburn on every trip to the fuel pump. Plus, with the new age diesel engines being just as reliable, refined and paired with autoboxes, it is easy to shift the preference.
IMHO, it is also to do with performance. On paper diesels may seem less powered (113 bhp vs. 157 bhp), but the peak torque available from almost stand-still (~1500rpm) makes them fun to drive. In NA petrols, even though peak power is higher, it usually comes at high RPMs (~6500rpm). Big turbo-petrols are different story altogether.

Personally speaking, I'll take a diesel over NA petrol anyday.
AutoNoob is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th July 2021, 20:18   #115
Senior - BHPian

We should wait for a few more months, before giving the 'certificate' of success.

People will soon find out, that the Engines are under whelming, and Space is not upto the mark.
abhishek46 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th July 2021, 20:35   #116
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshMachine View Post

Tata Safari, with its sole dependence on diesel (no petrol engine) and having its top-end diesel variant (XZA+) as its trump card, may have to re-look its pricing/feature proposition very quickly since it is already priced almost 1.5 lakhs more than the Alcazar top-end variant.
The Alcazar is a full segment below the Safari in every aspect (Size/Power/Looks/Quality). The respective prices just reflect that. A Safari customer would not cast a second glance at the Alcazar (which is neither the jack of all trades nor the master of any). Agreed, the Safari could do with some more features (ventilated seats and a better infotainment system come to my mind). Else, there is simply no competition.
sierrabravo98 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 20th July 2021, 16:22   #117

Re: Hyundai Alcazar Review

Hyundai alcazar is an aspirational car for the modern family.I needed to upgrade my ride from the current Honda Brio VMT to something that is suitable for harsh Bangalore roads, can accomodate me, my wife and my two dogs super comfortably, is safe, and has the oomphs of the luxury car in a relatively value for money package.
I was looking at Harrier(too big), Honda City(not suitable for the potholes), Hector (drab interiors), Jeep Compass( questions on reliability and price) and finally Creta( interior not feeling classy)/Seltos(miss out on panaromic sunroof).Based on the above reasons, I decided to upgrade to Hyundai Alcazar. Me and my wife both are very happy with the driveability, size, features, and modern design of the vehicle. I have completely flattened out the last low and put pet cover on it, to make space for my two dogs, who seem to be very happy relaxed and quite happy in that cooled zone. For me this is a luxury 4 seater, which I see it fulfilling majority of my requirement and needs atleast for the next 10 years.
amanbansal0291 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 20th July 2021, 17:51   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hyundai has announced that it has received over 11,000 bookings for the Alcazar SUV in less than a month since its launch
Well deserved numbers to a very worthy car! Hyundai has started to milk the Creta platform finally - why did it take so long?! Any other "derivates" from this platform? I would like to see a 5 seater Alcazar with tons of space!
Old 20th July 2021, 18:27   #119
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post
I would like to see a 5 seater Alcazar with tons of space!
Removing the 3rd row seats should solve the issue and you have a spacious 5-seater Alcazar.

Have spotted many on the road and like how it looks over the Creta. Hyundai has got a winner in hand.
a4anurag is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th July 2021, 21:18   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Removing the 3rd row seats should solve the issue and you have a spacious 5-seater Alcazar.
Not really - the 2nd row does not slide. We can have D segment like leg room and still left with excellent cargo space behind!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks