Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2021, 21:36   #121
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Alcazar bookings cross 11k mark in less than 1 month

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post
Not really - the 2nd row does not slide.
The second row does slide forward.
CEF_Beasts is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2021, 00:06   #122
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Alcazar Review

After putting the 3rd row down how much liters of luggage space is liberated?
Old 22nd July 2021, 00:36   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achyutaghosh View Post
Great review as always!

Given Hyundai's dealership network, the Alcazar should do 3-5k units per month. How much it cannibalizes the Creta- i would think probably 10% - or half of the owners opting for the top end Creta variants. My assumption here is 20% of Cretas sold are top end/minus one category.

Personally though, i think the only USP Alcazar has is it's petrol 7 seater auto. There is very little competition in the petrol 7 seater space in this price range. No petrol Safari, and Hector offers a 6 seater with a mediocre engine, and the XUV500 is at it's end of life. Competition will arrive soon though in the form of the XUV700 petrol 7 seater.

Prospective diesel owners will opt for the Safari or Hector, so i would think petrol:diesel sales ratio for the Alcazar may be 70:30.
Not quite right to call Hector Plus 6 seater's 1.5l turbo petrol engine as mediocre. It does produce 16 less horses than Alcazar's 2.0l NA engine but has 59 N.m of extra torque.

But yes, in 7 seater Hector Plus, Petrol engine is available only in lower trims. So here, Alcazar is indeed without much competition!
Old 22nd July 2021, 00:47   #124
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaiD View Post
After putting the 3rd row down how much liters of luggage space is liberated?
After folding the 3rd row flat according to Hyundai the resultant bootspace is 579L as showing in their latest video.

Hyundai Alcazar Review-479184b512d647cab4317be8dfdcf873.jpeg

Hyundai Alcazar Review-9e7cf93a166c47fcb70761efd7dac8da.jpeg

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 22nd July 2021 at 00:49.
CEF_Beasts is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2021, 13:20   #125
BHPian

So I had originally booked Hyundai Alcazar top end on April 8th, 2021 at VTJ Hyundai, Kochi by paying a token advance of 21,000 so that I would be one of the first to get the vehicle once it was launched. Once in June end, the vehicle was announced, the dealership requested for an additional 4000 as booking and an advance of 4.5 Lakhs as the booking advance which I paid (They promised delivery by June).

However, early July, they indicated that they would be unable to sell the model since they are not authorised to sell the Signature model, and would transfer the booking to NCS Hyundai (Where I again paid a booking amount on 6th July). They had indicated that the vehicle would be given to me by 10th of July or so. However it has been 3 weeks since and the vehicle has been showing as under allocation.

Meanwhile it has been over two weeks since I cancelled the booking at VTJ, and they are showing no signs of refunding the 4.75 Lakhs despite several follow ups. I have eMailed Hyundai, but now confused if I should switch to a different model after the entire experience.
Old 22nd July 2021, 16:32   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devakj View Post
now confused if I should switch to a different model after the entire experience.
Devakj, I can feel, imagine and understand your frustration and irritation with the dealers, however, don’t let their behaviour/attitude put you off from your top model vehicle plan. Be patient, this will pass, you will get your top model to enjoy for many years soon.

Why compromise on what you want for a few delays/dealer attitude. You have to live with your car, not the dealer. It will be all worth it in the long run.

Congratulations in advance and all the best.

Cheers

Last edited by Cyborg : 22nd July 2021 at 16:36.
Cyborg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2021, 20:46   #127
BHPian

Gone to see the car with the 579L boot space "3rd row down" in mind since it will be used as a 5 seater mainly. Sadly the space provided in the boot is derived from the space from the 2nd row and even after that the space seems less than that of the new safari.
Old 24th July 2021, 15:30   #128
Distinguished - BHPian

Autocar has done a video comparison of the Safari and the Alcazar. One thing I found surprising was the journalist says Alacazar has better seating comfort in the middle row than the Safari! He has compared the Captain Set versions of the two cars.

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-vid...n-video-421453

All the reviews I have read (including the Team BHP review) praise the excellent captain seats in the Safari. The Team-BHP review describes them thus: "they are extremely comfortable, offering excellent all-round support; Legroom is generous. Scooped out seatbacks of the front seats help matters further" The only downside I have heard is that the armrests are somewhat thin (I think TATA had to do this because the ingress into the third row is between these seats, so thicker armrests could have made it harder).

On the other hand, the reviews of Alacazar have all stated how cramped the middle rows have been made to make room for the last row. The Team-BHP review of the Alcazar states: "Overall seat support is good, and the cushioning is on point. However, I would've preferred a little more side bolstering as these are captain seats, after all. Now, here's the problem. Hyundai appears to have compromised middle-row space to release some for the 3rd-row. 5'10" Aditya could just about fit in & had mediocre knee room, behind his own driving position. You can forget about two 6-footers sitting one behind the other. This is especially alarming as all direct competitors like the Safari, XUV500, Hector, Innova etc. offer very spacious middle-row seats"

It is so surprising to me that top Auto journalists, like the Autocar team, can make air such blatantly false opinions and get away with it.

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 24th July 2021 at 15:32.
84.monsoon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th July 2021, 16:07   #129
One
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post

On the other hand, the reviews of Alacazar have all stated how cramped the middle rows have been made to make room for the last row. The Team-BHP review of the Alcazar states: "Overall seat support is good, and the cushioning is on point. However, I would've preferred a little more side bolstering as these are captain seats, after all. Now, here's the problem. Hyundai appears to have compromised middle-row space to release some for the 3rd-row. 5'10" Aditya could just about fit in & had mediocre knee room, behind his own driving position.

It is so surprising to me that top Auto journalists, like the Autocar team, can make air such blatantly false opinions and get away with it.
I did not find the middle row cramped as cramped as being made out. Am 5'10" and took a few photos for the middle row:

The photo with three fingers is me sitting behind my driving position in the second row with the second row adjusted for me to sit in the third row for a short duration.

The photo with two fingers is me sitting behind my driving position in second row with the second row adjusted to leave two fingers' space between my seating position in 3rd row and second row seat.

If I consider my parents or wife, they will fit comfortably in second row behind my driving position.

Also drove the car a bit- for a brief moment, I had around 500 meters (that distance free is a luxury in Bombay) free and I thought will give the car a shove. Pressed throttle and waited and waited before the AT decided to listen.

The front was surprisingly not as ugly as in the pictures. Before launch, I always thought this car will be a hit and looking at it and the way they have packaged it, nothing changed my mind.

Overall though, still came out with the impression that inspite of the deluge of cars, there are still hardly any solid options to choose from across budgets.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Alcazar Review-p_20210703_172303.jpg  

Hyundai Alcazar Review-p_20210703_172445.jpg  

One is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th July 2021, 18:48   #130

My Signature Petrol Manual Alcazar was delivered on 8th of July and it’s been more than 2 weeks and I can confidently say I am happy with my decision to go with Alcazar.

The drive is smooth and noiseless, steering is light and suspension is good. Space is good for my family and I assume it should be good for most families. You will face space crunch if you have everyone in the family tall and above 5’10” if we have a mixed crowd of few being 6 feet , few in the range of 5’5” -5’6” then all three rows can be utilised without much cramping. That being said if space is the main criteria than you should definitely consider Safari or Innova.

I was able to achieve mileage of 15 with mixed usage in city and some highway driving , however since I had not completed 1000 kms I was still trying to be nice and drive around 80 kmph

Am planning to go an my first trip with car to delhi soon will update on the journey once done
parthkashyap is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th July 2021, 15:38   #131
BHPian

Got my Alcazar’s registration done today. I opted for registration through dealer and still had to wait for 27 days (got my car on 1st July). As the number allotted to me is good, its all okay.

Someone asked me how much the car weighs and the weight mentioned in RC is 1435kg.

I personally feel its pretty light for a 7 seater car. I have driven the car for 500kms and would write a detailed review after completing 1000kms.
Jatin247 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th July 2021, 20:16   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jatin247 View Post
... Alcazar’s registration done today. the weight mentioned in RC is 1435kg. ..
Well, that means there is a delta 74 kg between the Seltos and the Alcazar. The Seltos RC states unladen weight as 1361 kg for GTX+ Diesel AT.

Interesting point: body type of Seltos in Karnataka RTO is described as "Station Wagon".

Last edited by Rigid Rotor : 27th July 2021 at 20:19.
Rigid Rotor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2021, 10:57   #133
Distinguished - BHPian

Hyundai Alcazar Bookings Cross 14,000 Mark in less than 45 days of its launch.

- The bookings that the company has so far shows a trend in favour of the 6-seater trim with 60 per cent customers opting for that configuration

- Staggering is the demand for the diesel variants, which stands at 65 per cent

- Cannibalisation between the Creta and Alcazar seems negligible.

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 2nd August 2021 at 11:00.
Old 2nd August 2021, 11:11   #134
Distinguished - BHPian

As is often the case, a good car is better than the sum of its parts.

Looks like Hyundai has taken a big risk with the pricing and still did just fine, as with competition becoming bigger and impractical for most families upgrading from smaller cars, this is perhaps creating a new segment altogether with only one car to sell.
Old 2nd August 2021, 12:52   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
Looks like Hyundai has taken a big risk with the pricing and still did just fine, as with competition becoming bigger and impractical for most families upgrading from smaller cars, this is perhaps creating a new segment altogether with only one car to sell.
Forgot about XL6 and Hector plus ? Though pricing is different, bodystyle and packaging are quite similar. ALCAZAR got a powerful petrol powertrain too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks