Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2021, 11:03   #151
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Alcazar Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by parthkashyap View Post
If 3rd space is important it has to be Safari or Innova, I have completed 7000 kms in my Alcazar and am satisfied with the flexibility provided to adjust the 3 rows, for average height of 5'6" its comfortable enough. I think this is lacking in XUV700 and in MG Hector the seats are too low you feel as if you are sitting on the floor.

I have a petrol so cant complaint about engine power
I agree, 3rd row seating was not an issue with 2 kids (14,12 yrs) and 4 adults. Regarding diesel power, i would say it is adequate and performs superbly in highways. Just to remind, first Ertiga diesel had only 90Bhp, 1.3 multijet diesel... It is too early to comment on XUV700 though it appears to be a VFM.
funda2max is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th August 2021, 11:04   #152
BHPian

I booked Alcazar Diesel AT Signature with Modi Hyundai. They told me that waiting period was 2 months which was increased to 4 months immediately after booking.

I am considering it a Creta with bigger boot as ours is a family of 3. They told me that even 7 seater is launched but not yet available for booking. I may shift to 7 seater if it is available in Sig (O).

I took test drive and it will take some time getting used to lighter sterring wheel and presence of all the technology available inside the cabin.

I have been in the market for a long time prebooked Harrier and Seltos but did not go through with the purchase as Harrier had niggles and lack of automatic at launch. Seltos has small boot and purchase was deffered and dropped after it received 3 star safety rating.

I am hoping for a smooth delivery process without any false promises.
Old 30th August 2021, 21:00   #153
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeevSharma View Post
I booked Alcazar Diesel AT Signature with Modi Hyundai.
Quote:
Seltos has small boot and purchase was deffered and dropped after it received 3 star safety rating.
Pardon me for asking, didn't your research tell you that Seltos and Creta are stepsons from the same mother and that crash ratings are extremely likely to be same ?
venkyhere is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th August 2021, 21:34   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
Pardon me for asking, didn't your research tell you that Seltos and Creta are stepsons from the same mother and that crash ratings are extremely likely to be same ?
I did some but most of the other cars are untested including Harrier and Alcazar. Alcazar has 75% high strengrh steel structure and I decided to take the plunge.
Old 30th August 2021, 21:59   #155
BHPian

Quote:
I booked Alcazar Diesel AT Signature with Modi Hyundai. They told me that waiting period was 2 months which was increased to 4 months immediately after booking.
Congrats on your new car.

We have also finalized Alcazar, Prestige (O) Diesel, for our family of 4+2.
When I asked for any discounts or freebies, the exec flatly refused. But, he said he can get me the car in 6 weeks, provided I'm flexible with the color. I've checked with two dealers in Bangalore and got same reply.

Were you able to get any discount or free accessories?
Old 31st August 2021, 19:47   #156
BHPian

My Creta 1.6 SX+ AT was a company leased car which is no longer with me. Had it for 5 years , 90K KM and loved its performance.
I was very keen since last year to get the MG ZS EV and was also very close to getting it.

I happened to take test drive of the Alcazar 2.0 AT around 2 or 3 weeks back and loved the gizmos.
The Instrument cluster, the infotainment system, the cabin mood lighting.
The blind spot camera view just blew me away.

Today I got a chance to test drive the 1.5 AT Platinum (O), took about a 10KM Test drive around my area. Not sure but for me I felt it was bit sluggish compared to the 1.6 CRDI I was used to.
I did try it in all 3 modes and feel it is a miss for me.
The fuel efficiency on the MID was showing 11.3L /100km = 8.8Km/l for the diesel.
Hence plan to test drive the 2L AT again if i can find a test vehicle.

The problem will be the Fuel Efficiency of the 2L for my driving needs it may hit 8km/l or less and with petrol around RS 105/L and will only go higher this is food for thought.

Checking with any of the existing owners for AT Petrol or Diesel what is the fuel efficiency they are getting. I know it is only a month or two for the ownerships but any inputs would be helpful.
Old 31st August 2021, 19:59   #157
Distinguished - BHPian

I saw alcazar on road for the first time today. The first thought that struck me was how euro the rear looked like. Very clean and classy. Dual exhaust looked nice too.

Hyundai Alcazar Review-20210831_173500.jpg

Hyundai Alcazar Review-20210831_173459.jpg

The front though, was a bummer.

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 31st August 2021 at 20:03.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st September 2021, 11:20   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveenkkr View Post
Congrats on your new car.

We have also finalized Alcazar, Prestige (O) Diesel, for our family of 4+2.
When I asked for any discounts or freebies, the exec flatly refused. But, he said he can get me the car in 6 weeks, provided I'm flexible with the color. I've checked with two dealers in Bangalore and got same reply.

Were you able to get any discount or free accessories?
I did not ask for any discount but I will opt for insurance from outside and skip additional accessories pack to save some money.

Can anyone explain need for and working of Shield of Trust. I felt that most of those should be covered under warrenty.
RajeevSharma is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2021, 17:06   #159
BHPian

Today took a Test Drive of the 2L Alcazar again. It is such a pleasure to drive in city traffic and on the small open stretch i could find.
It was set to Comfort Mode, the MID showed the efficiency at 13L/100KM which equates to 7.6km/L or with todays petrol prices, rs 13/km.
Yesterday's 1.5L Diesel demo vehicle had shown 11L/100KM which equates to 9KM/L and with todays diesel price RS 10.55/KM.
The 2L is super smooth and effortless to drive but a huge drain on ones wallet. However factoring that in and with all the gizmos Hyundai has thrown in, I have been brought back to the "Dark Side" of the ICE world from my wish to join the Electric Bandwagon.
So it looks like I may go for this 2L beauty of a gas guzzler and hope in ECO mode things may be a little better.
Old 1st September 2021, 18:19   #160

Quote:
Can anyone explain need for and working of Shield of Trust. I felt that most of those should be covered under warrenty.
Last week, I had taken my Alcazar for 1st free service at Hyundai Motor Plaza and I had a elaborate discussion with the service head regarding different after sales options which Hyundai provides.

Basically you have three options or packages to choose from when you buy a new car.

1. Extended Warranty - This covers manufacturing defect or failures. He showed me a detailed booklet having almost 25 to 30 pages which had the list of all the parts covered under extended warranty. Even though it covers most of the things, the 14 items listed under Shield of Trust package doesn't come under the extended warranty coverage. Also irrespective of whatever extended warranty package you opt for, I was told that for few parts the warranty is valid only for 60,000 kms.

2. Shield Of Trust (SOT) - This covers the wear and tear parts like belts, brake, clutches etc. Even window winder comes under this category and not under extended warranty. But the window switches come under extended warranty. I took a photo of the 14 components, which Hyundai calls it as running repair parts. He clarified that, during the tenure, these parts will be replaced any number of times if there is a need and the package includes labour cost as well.

This can be taken before the 1st service or during vehicle purchase. As of now, SOT for Alcazar cannot be generated, since they don't have the prices approved in their portal for generating this policy (even though its already updated in Hyundai website). For Alcazar, they told that this can be taken with in 90 days from the date of vehicle delivery. This package with a validity of 5 years or 60,000 kms and for Alcazar (irrespective of fuel type), it comes at a cost of INR 25,999 (inclusive of taxes).

3. Shield Of Trust - Super (SOT - Super) - This package covers the regular consumables cost and the labour cost for the next 5 services (5 years or 50,000 kms).

This covers the following:
a. Oils - Engine and Brake oil
b. Coolant top-up or change
c. Filters - Oil, Air, AC and Fuel filters
d. Wheel alignment and balancing

Additional to the above, you can opt for underbody coating and interior antimicrobial treatment, each once any time during the package tenure.

Basically what I was told is that it will protect you from inflation and its like you are paying the service cost in advance. But the overall cost of service and maintenance will be lower if this package is opted when compared to the regular way. According to him, unless you opt for any added service like polishing etc., your service cost should be zero for 5 services (2nd & 3rd free service + 3 paid services). He mentioned that even for the free service, these consumables will be charged and only labour will be free.

This cost varies with respect to fuel type and for Alcazar Diesel MT, it costs INR 29,983 (inclusive of taxes). This can be opted any time before the second free service.

Basically, these three things are actually different from each other. Even though its confusing at the beginning, 15 mins with him helped me in understanding the differences. Ideally if you are opting for all these three packages, you should not be having any maintenance or failure expenses for 5 years and 50K kms.

As of now, already I have extended my warranty for 5 years and 1 lakh kms when I purchased the vehicle. He was suggesting me to opt for these packages by mentioning that it will be actually beneficial and was not forcing it on me. I told him let me take some time and comeback to him.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Alcazar Review-sot.png  

KAR2050 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2021, 19:59   #161
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Alcazar mid-spec Platinum (O) 7-seater launched at Rs 19.63 lakh. Affordable by Rs 15,000 than the six-seater version.

Name:  SmartSelect_20210903200213_Twitter.gif
Views: 2181
Size:  2.88 MB

Platinum (O) 7-seater offered only with the 1.5-litre diesel engine with 6-speed AT.

Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 3rd September 2021 at 20:02.
Venkatesh is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 4th September 2021, 00:33   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Hyundai Alcazar mid-spec Platinum (O) 7-seater launched at Rs 19.63 lakh. Affordable by Rs 15,000 than the six-seater version
As soon as I read this news, the first thing that came to mind was the line -- "It doesn't even matter" from Linkin Park's smash hit "In the end" -- all thanks to the XUV 7OO.

I am sure a lot of folks will agree with me on this but Mahindra has shaken not only its own segment but the ones above and below it as well with a killer price tag and it deserves all the praise for that!
captain.torque is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 4th September 2021, 09:54   #163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain.torque View Post
As soon as I read this news, the first thing that came to mind was the line -- "It doesn't even matter" from Linkin Park's smash hit "In the end" -- all thanks to the XUV 7OO.

I am sure a lot of folks will agree with me on this but Mahindra has shaken not only its own segment but the ones above and below it as well with a killer price tag and it deserves all the praise for that!
Well, I dont think Hyundai would have discounted the XUV effect while introducing the Alcazar. As a company that is more successful than even Mahindra in capturing the Indian market share, there would be some plan and homework ready. Besides, Mahindra is not exactly acquitting itself well by launching an all-new car with ongoing production constraints. I would imagine that the Alcazar is a bit more easily available than say, a Creta. Prices notwithstanding, that factor, along with the basic consumer comfort with the Hyundai brand will be a big challenge for XUV to surmount, besides providing acceptable reliability for all the new-age tech it promises.
Besides, the Alcazar also makes an aim at the other looming contenders, the Hector/Astor duo.

Last edited by fhdowntheline : 4th September 2021 at 09:56.
fhdowntheline is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2021, 10:53   #164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain.torque View Post
More importantly it's just not the consumers saying, but even the Hyundai Top brass may have thought of "It doesn't even matter", therefore try to price it a little more competitively. Usually the seven seaters have been priced higher than their 6 seater counterparts in India.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
Well, I dont think Hyundai would have discounted the XUV effect while introducing the Alcazar.
While I agree, they won't have discounted the XUV effect, but they would have surely not even thought in their wildest dreams that the XUV range will start at 11.99 L (about 5L lower than the Alcazar!)
Old 5th September 2021, 00:42   #165
BHPian

GOT THE FIRST SERVICE DONE FOR MY ALCAZAR

They just cleaned the car and checked/topped up everything. It took around 45-50 minutes.
I haven't personally sat in the 2nd row and my mother was complaining that the 2nd row ac isn't that effective. So, got it checked too.
The driving experience of my diesel automatic has been pretty good till now.
I would suggest everyone to get the tyre pressure reduced to 37-39 psi, the car feels and drives better.
The mileage in city drive has been around 10-12 kmpl. I have not taken car on highway as of now but during late night and early morning drives I have got around 14-16 kmpl.
For anyone wondering is it underpowered with all seats occupied, NO it isn't. I drove around with 6 people and didn't felt for a second that the car was underpowered.

Hyundai Alcazar Review-img_4575.jpg
Hyundai Alcazar Review-img_4577.jpg
Jatin247 is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks