Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2022, 15:55   #526
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Alcazar Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naetik30 View Post
Mr. Chetan called back to confirm the issue is due to fuel injectors. He took it up with Hyundai and next day got confirmation that the fuel injectors would be replaced under warranty.
Did he say why injectors have to replaced at 11,000 kms? The mileage you and Rohan have done is very low. Much lower than the infamous Vento/Rapid injector failures.
Old 12th October 2022, 08:41   #527
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
Did he say why injectors have to replaced at 11,000 kms? The mileage you and Rohan have done is very low. Much lower than the infamous Vento/Rapid injector failures.
No clarity on what could have caused this. But it is possible that bad fuel could cause this. To be on safer side, I have changed my regular fuel pump.
Naetik30 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2022, 15:48   #528
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naetik30 View Post
Not a good decision to drive back with that. You were lucky - do not tempt fate again.

This tyre needs to be replaced by Hyundai under warranty. But as per warranty process, you will have to leave the tyre with the service station and it will take about a week-two weeks for replacement to arrive. You should plan to drive around with the spare and hopefully within city limits.

Thanks a lot, I did send the car to the workshop today and they said it will be a few days before tyre is analysed and decision taken. Like you said, they have put on the spare wheel and asked me to drive around carefully in the mean time. The workshop team was strangely lethargic today and got to work only once I told them to expedite. Will keep posted on how it goes.
Ays7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2022, 10:40   #529
BHPian

Does anybody feel that the throw of the LED lights are on the higher side. Is that a placement issue? i feel that even the low bean has throw much higher than normal.
Old 14th October 2022, 14:34   #530
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmeneo View Post
Does anybody feel that the throw of the LED lights are on the higher side. Is that a placement issue? i feel that even the low bean has throw much higher than normal.
Have you tried to change the light throw setting using the switch (rotary) on the right side on dashboard near the door. Please ignore you tried it already
Attached Images

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 14th October 2022 at 14:38.
Old 14th October 2022, 18:43   #531
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
Have you tried to change the light throw setting using the switch (rotary) on the right side on dashboard near the door. Please ignore you tried it already
Ha ha ya. I have tried it.. Even the lowest 0 seetting is also too high.
callmeneo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2022, 10:21   #532
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan6391 View Post
I have been facing a similar issue ever since I bought the car. Every morning it judders going from 1st gear to 2nd and 3rd. It also happens every evening if the car is parked all day (which mostly it is since my drive is to office and back home).
I have noticed the same. First drive of the day sometimes have a bit of juddering during the initial 5 minutes. And this happens only when acceleration is slow during gear changes. Also, happens very occasionally. Service center person said it is sometimes due to cold start of ECU components, nothing to worry as long as there are no warnings showing up on dashboard.

Solution that works for me always - when the vehicle is started in morning, leave it in idle state for a minute and then start driving. I use that time to put on the seat belt, tune in to audio playlist etc. Not saying this is the ideal solution, but it works.
vkivaturi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2022, 11:42   #533
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ays7 View Post
Thanks a lot, I did send the car to the workshop today and they said it will be a few days before tyre is analysed and decision taken. Like you said, they have put on the spare wheel and asked me to drive around carefully in the mean time. The workshop team was strangely lethargic today and got to work only once I told them to expedite. Will keep posted on how it goes.
So I was contacted by the Hyundai team today who stated that Apollo Tyres have rejected the warranty for the tyre, stating reasons as attached in the report. The car has not gone through any impact damage or been mounted on a flat bad, improper repair, external application or so on. In fact as can be seen it is just 2658 Kms on the ODO.

The Hyundai SA is saying they are still figuring this out, but how does one challenge this report?

Are there any options that I have? This is the first time that I have encountered such a thing, any leads and helps would be appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Alcazar Review-img_2701.jpg  

Old 23rd October 2022, 12:17   #534
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ays7 View Post
So I was contacted by the Hyundai team today who stated that Apollo Tyres have rejected the warranty for the tyre, stating reasons as attached in the report. The car has not gone through any impact damage or been mounted on a flat bad, improper repair, external application or so on. In fact as can be seen it is just 2658 Kms on the ODO.

The Hyundai SA is saying they are still figuring this out, but how does one challenge this report?

Are there any options that I have? This is the first time that I have encountered such a thing, any leads and helps would be appreciated.
Hello. I’m a tyre industry professional and this is a very typical issue on low profile tyres - sidewall bulges. It happens when the rim touches the inside of the tyre and creates a small rupture in the ply cords and in that region the tyre becomes like a balloon (because the fabric is not there to keep the tyre’s shape). Unfortunately a majority of companies do not cover this as part of warranty - I feel for you though, because I know that this is unavoidable in certain sizes and is a case of bad luck more than low pressure or negligence by the user.

Only JK and Ceat have an unconditional warranty policy where they would accept a claim for anything short of you slashing your tyres with a knife. However, the rest have very rigid boundaries on what is covered under warranty, and this is not considered a manufacturing defect and so will not be covered.

Just posting the experience of a BHPian whose stock Creta tyres were adjusted via warranty after (probably) miscreants had punctured the sidewall.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-...-warranty.html (Sidewall issues, Warranty or FNG? | Update: JK Tyres replaced tyre under unconditional warranty)

Also linking a post where I’d explained the pinching phenomenon in detail with visual aids (though I guess it’s scant consolation to your issue, I guess it does help to understand how it happened)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubberGuru1113 View Post

To help understand how low pressure causes impact damage on potholes (especially for low profile tyres), I 'm attaching an image of how the tyres would deform so that you can visualize better.

Attachment 2356670

Hope this helps!

Last edited by RubberGuru1113 : 23rd October 2022 at 12:23.
RubberGuru1113 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 29th October 2022, 12:04   #535
BHPian

Quote:
Hello. I’m a tyre industry professional and this is a very typical issue on low profile tyres - sidewall bulges. It happens when the rim touches the inside of the tyre and creates a small rupture in the ply cords and in that region the tyre becomes like a balloon (because the fabric is not there to keep the tyre’s shape). Unfortunately a majority of companies do not cover this as part of warranty - I feel for you though, because I know that this is unavoidable in certain sizes and is a case of bad luck more than low pressure or negligence by the user.
Thanks a lot for your detailed reply Sir, I really appreciate it, I have been reading your tyre related posts for quite some time on here and your knowledge is unparalleled.

As I mentioned, Hyundai has agreed to bear half the cost of new tyre, which I am told is approximately between 8500-9000. Things were shut during Diwali, so I have started the follow up again.

I have told Hyundai to proceed with the new Tyre, saying that I will be putting up 50% of the same, with the condition that I do not accept Apollo's technical report which is vague and has multiple probable causes of damage to the tyre, and that I will be taking this up with higher up's at both Hyundai and Apollo and insist that this is a manufacturing defect. I do not know how far I will be able to go along with it, but I am a practicing advocate and it will literally cost me nothing apart from my time and effort to shoot a legal notice or two.

I have been told that they will be able to procure the new tyre on Monday or Tuesday, so hopefully fingers crossed that at least I can get that done, it feels unsafe driving around with a smaller sized spare tyre.
Old 30th October 2022, 13:54   #536

After driving over 6K KM across several South Indian states, I feel comfortable sharing my experience with Hyundai Alcazar Signature Petrol Automatic (DT).
Hyundai Alcazar Review-20221015_040332_edited.jpg
Hyundai Alcazar Review-20221015_060745_edited.jpg
On October 15th, I started my road trip across South India with my three-month-old Alcazar. My first break was in Adiyogi, Booluvampatti, Tamil Nadu. At a distance of around 400 KM from Home (BLR).

Hyundai Alcazar Review-20221015_114518_edited.jpg
After taking some shots at Adiyogi, I started for Munnar. A distance of approx. 200 KM through narrow hilly terrains.

So far I have encountered steep hill climbs and very narrow roads with both-way traffic. This made me realize if I didn't have a car with 360 view camera and perfect dimensions I would have taken much longer on the route. Alcazar's dimensions are not only perfect for narrow hilly roads but also great for heavy traffic city lanes with stop-and-go traffic.
Hyundai Alcazar Review-screenshot-20221030-125216.png

Before selecting Alcazar - I drove Hector Plus, Safari, Jeep Compass, and XUV700.

What made me select Alcazar?
Perfect finish of every feature, just the right dimensions for all common conditions in India, lack of panel gaps, near-perfect interiors, and a tried and tested petrol engine. One of the key factors for selecting a Hyundai product has also been its reliable and vast service network.

After a couple of days exploring Munnar, I started driving toward Varkala. A distance of approx 250KM. Again encountered some of the narrowest roads with traffic. However, driving was a pleasure on flawless Kerala roads with perfect road markings. Also, one could notice that most drivers in Kerela followed traffic rules and exhibit great driving sense.
Hyundai Alcazar Review-20221018_214954_edited.jpg

In Varkala, after a pleasant stay and a visit to the Jatayu Earth Center, I started driving toward Kanyakumari. A distance of approx. 150KM. I drove through non-NH routes, as post-Trivendrum, the NH-66 was mostly under construction. The state roads were in good condition.

After a couple of days exploring Kanyakumari, I started driving toward Rameswaram. A distance of approx. 210 KM. The drive was scenic and it was mostly NH, so proper 4 lanes highway.
Hyundai Alcazar Review-20221020_184752_edited.jpg

So far on the trip, I encountered a mix of heavy rains and extreme sun. I found Alcazar to be very comfortable to drive in all conditions. During heavy rains the wipers did the job well, in the burning sun the AC and ventilated seats made the journey a pleasant experience.

In Rameshwaram, the view at Dhanushkodi was simply breathtaking.
Hyundai Alcazar Review-20221020_181657_edited.jpg

After a pleasant stay at Rameswaram, I started toward Pondicherry. A distance of approx 450 KM. Mostly 4 lanes highways made it easier to cover the distance. Driving in Pondicherry is not so fun during heavy traffic hours, as bikers are all over the place. However, Alcazar's front sensors made it easier to negotiate poorly managed traffic.
Hyundai Alcazar Review-20221021_210136_edited.jpg

After a couple of days exploring Pondicherry, I started driving toward Kodaikanal. A distance of approx 410 KM. The route is a mix of 4/2 lane highways and narrow single lane 2-way traffic hilly roads. Here, the auto-hold feature helped a lot as the traffic near Kodaikanal is not managed and one could find bikes and cars parked all over the place, even in the middle of the highway.

Driving in Kodaikanal was not as painful, as most roads are dedicated to one-way traffic only. However, the lanes are very narrow and one often had to reverse due to poorly managed traffic. Here 360 view camera came to the rescue, as one would often find the car near the edges of the road.
Hyundai Alcazar Review-20221023_202010_edited.jpg

After a couple of days exploring Kodaikanal, it was time to head back home. A distance of approx. 460KM. After descenting from the hills, it's all 4 lanes of NH44, one of the well-maintained highways in the country. Hence, I reached home in just 7 hours.

Here are some of the questions one could ask -
1. Would I have taken any other car in the same segment and price range?
No, it wouldn't have survived the poorly managed traffic and extremely narrow highly roads.
2. What could be improved about Alcazar?
From this travel, I couldn't identity anything that needs to be changed/improved. However, I would prefer to upgrade my tires from Apollo to Bridgestone. I have used Bridgestone for my other cars and I have more confidence in their tires than Apollo.
3. Did the car struggle on any of the roads?
No. Although for the Munnar hotel, the climb was very steep on a narrow path and the road was muddy, using mud traction control, one could easily negotiate any climb.
4. What are some of the accessories and maintenance utils. does my car carry?
A dashcam - 70MAI: it has both, front and rear cameras - a must-have for Indian driving conditions and legal systems. A tire inflator - Michellin. A couple of microfiber cloths and a dashboard cleaner. Distilled water, in case the coolant level drops significantly. Wiper fluid mixed with distilled water. A toolkit set, a vacuum cleaner.

Last edited by Aditya : 3rd November 2022 at 18:03. Reason: Spelling error
sauravkumar is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 31st October 2022, 21:07   #537
BHPian

Thanks Saurav for sharing the review. Precise and very well put down!
Wishing you many successful miles with your new car! ����

Ps: the pictures are mind blowing!
SinghShu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2022, 19:26   #538
dew

Upgraded alloys on my Prestige to Top ends 18" Inchers. I wouldn't have done this If my car was white or silver, since the 17" inchers are nice. However these 18" rims look good on black car.

Exchanged JK Tyre UX Royale 215/60 17 with Apollo Apterra Cross 215/55 18

Hyundai Alcazar Review-20221021_141627.jpg

I tried all kinds of rims on my car before I decided to stay stock.

Clockwise, Kia Carnial, Stock Prestige, 2020 Tucson facelift, BMW Z4

Hyundai Alcazar Review-alal3.jpg
dew is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 1st November 2022, 22:04   #539
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Only JK and Ceat have an unconditional warranty policy where they would accept a claim for anything short of you slashing your tyres with a knife.
Doesn't Apollo and Bridgestone offer 2 year unconditional warranty too. I think these are sub-brand limited, not across the range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dew View Post
Exchanged JK Tyre UX Royale 215/60 17 with Apollo Apterra Cross 215/55 18
Apart from aesthetics, is there any other factor?
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2022, 22:51   #540
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
Doesn't Apollo and Bridgestone offer 2 year unconditional warranty too. I think these are sub-brand limited, not across the range.
Absolutely - but yes it’s only applicable on a few product lines like Amazer 4G life on Apollo (which is only sold on the replacement market), Earth 1 for Yokohama, etc. The context of my comment was that on stock tyres it’s only those two brands . Apologies, should have been more clear.

Last edited by RubberGuru1113 : 1st November 2022 at 23:15.
RubberGuru1113 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks