Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2023, 11:28   #661
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Alcazar Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvlkiran View Post

How long was your continuous playback (and in what mode, what connectivity option) when you noticed this problem ? Do you have the 10.25" screen or the 8" screen in your car ? In case of Wired Android Auto / Apple Car Play, please ensure you connect with a good quality USB Cable. I don't have any information on the Wireless Android Auto / Apple Car Play issues on Alcazar.
I have noticed them when i get calls on whatsapp or drive over 10 hours, mine is the 10.25 screen the platinum petrol version.
Old 24th January 2023, 11:34   #662
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by werfish View Post
I have noticed them when i get calls on WhatsApp or drive over 10 hours, mine is the 10.25 screen the platinum petrol version.
Drove over 12 hrs and was connected to Android Auto through out but did not come across such a issue.

Off topic ::

I was able to achieve the below efficiency on Samruddhi Mahamarg. Cruise control through out at 95 kmph.

Hyundai Alcazar Review-whatsapp-image-20230124-11.26.28.jpeg

Also was able to achieve the below mileage on a very short run

Hyundai Alcazar Review-whatsapp-image-20230124-11.28.25.jpeg
callmeneo is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th January 2023, 12:21   #663
BHPian

Quote:
Hello,
Have been facing an issue quite often, When the infotainment system is used for long sometimes it hangs and doesnt show the rear camera while reversing. we need to turn off the car and restart the car after sometime for everything to get back to normal. Has anyone encountered this?
Never faced during a long drive. I hung up once when the Maps was getting updated, I used a pin to reset. All well till now.
Old 26th January 2023, 02:37   #664
BHPian

Got the 'Low Key Battery' message displayed momentarily while switching off the engine after a drive. (Apologies for the low quality pic). This is the key that I have been using regularly for almost 15 months now.

The message keep appearing upon every time the engine is switched off. Looks like the Key Battery needs replacement. Have anyone faced this, and got the battery replaced? How easy is to get the battery replaced through Hyundai ASC? Are these batteries readily available?

PS: Using the second key for the time being and the vehicle is working fine without any battery-related message.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Alcazar Review-20230123_110540.jpg  

Old 26th January 2023, 03:42   #665
BHPian

Hi Sunil,

This is a fairly easy DIY, there are many videos available on youtube about Hyundai remote key battery replacement.

You just need a good quality CR2032 button cell/Coin battery and a flat-head screwdriver.

Last edited by NA-driver : 26th January 2023 at 03:51.
NA-driver is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2023, 05:17   #666
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunil_k_u View Post
Got the 'Low Key Battery' message displayed momentarily while switching off the engine after a drive. (Apologies for the low quality pic). This is the key that I have been using regularly for almost 15 months now.

The message keep appearing upon every time the engine is switched off. Looks like the Key Battery needs replacement. Have anyone faced this, and got the battery replaced? How easy is to get the battery replaced through Hyundai ASC? Are these batteries readily available?

PS: Using the second key for the time being and the vehicle is working fine without any battery-related message.
Any nearby car accessories shop would be able to replace the battery or you can DIY as 'NA-driver' mentioned.
Aviator_guy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2023, 21:37   #667
BHPian

Many thanks 'NA-driver' and 'Aviator_guy'. Let me take a look at this, and update. Appreciate the response; it really helped.
sunil_k_u is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2023, 09:18   #668
BHPian

Quote:
Hello,
Have been facing an issue quite often, When the infotainment system is used for long sometimes it hangs and doesnt show the rear camera while reversing. we need to turn off the car and restart the car after sometime for everything to get back to normal. Has anyone encountered this?
I had a similar trip to rvlkiran recently. Travelled 1100 kms within 72 hours. 550+ kms each day with a day break in between. The longest stretch i did without a break was around 6.5 hours. Had my phone connected through out via wired apple carplay without any issues.
Old 29th January 2023, 09:24   #669
BHPian

Quote:
Hello,
I have also had the same issue, several times, but it is mostly random and did not seem to be related to long drives. Requires the car to be turned off for a few minutes before it restarts
Old 29th January 2023, 11:32   #670
mtk
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvlkiran View Post
I recently had a long drive of 10 hours onwards on a day + 10 hours return another day with breaks every 2-3 hours where the engine was switched off. I never noticed any problems with the Infotainment system. I have the Signature (10.25" screen), Automatic, 1.5 Diesel variant (So only Wired Android Auto). I only used Spotify / Gaana + Google Maps with Wired Android Auto and never faced any issues, and never noticed the issue you mentioned about rear camera not being shown in the console.
I’ve had my infotainment system get unresponsive twice. The system wouldn’t switch off even after the car is off. Both times it was during long drives. The solution was pretty simple though. Used the sim ejector pin to reset and it worked fine.
mtk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2023, 10:37   #671
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtk View Post
I’ve had my infotainment system get unresponsive twice. The system wouldn’t switch off even after the car is off. Both times it was during long drives. The solution was pretty simple though. Used the sim ejector pin to reset and it worked fine.
I had the same problem once and used the reset button. But it was after a 45 minute drive.
Naetik30 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2023, 21:36   #672

Hyundai Alcazar Petrol AT Signature 7 seater variant.
Car is ~6 months old now with ~4k odometer reading.

Just observed a weird issue with middle row left side seat belt buckles.
The female sockets on the seat appear to have been faulty. Left side belt buckle does not fit and holds the corresponding left side belt.

This seems to be a common problem in all 7seater variants. I checked other 7seater alcazar cars at the service center, and this was same issue in all cars.

It looks like a manufacturing design problem from Hyundai side.

Root cause: left and right sockets are fitted swapped, factory fitting fault.

Service Manager was surprised to note that and confirmed that can be easily fixed by swapping right and left sockets, but need to open the seat and hence need more time to fix. Will get it done at next service time.

Shoddy job by Quality checks and PD checks by Hyundai here.
zorbish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2023, 11:43   #673
BHPian

Hey guys.

The 3D mats from Hyundai for the Alcazar does not cover the dead pedal.

Any solution for that?
Old 2nd February 2023, 12:30   #674
Senior - BHPian

As a part of the MY’23 launch, ALCAZAR have been equipped with a host of comprehensive Active and Passive safety features as standard.

Hyundai Alcazar Review-20230202_122618.jpg

With Model Year 2023, ALCAZAR has now been equipped with 6-Airbags (Driver, Passenger, Side & Curtain) as standard.
Venkatesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2023, 12:45   #675
BHPian

Surprisingly, no word yet on whether the 1.4 Turbo remains in the Creta as RDE compliant. Here's the Hyundai announcement.

EDIT: It's official that the Alcazar will continue with the 2.0 petrol and the Creta loses the 1.4 Turbo.

Last edited by automowheels : 2nd February 2023 at 13:06.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks