Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2021, 16:10   #1561
BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagwal View Post
ACT does not help much during highway drives as it hardly gets activated above ~80 kmph ( when the accelerator pedal is released slightly at high-speed then ACT can be activated up to 130 kmph). ACT does help a lot during city drives.
Does the T-Roc have eco-coasting function? So, if the driver takes the foot off the accelerator pedal completely, does the DSG automatically disengage the clutch?
NevGin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2021, 16:44   #1562
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevGin View Post
Does the T-Roc have eco-coasting function? So, if the driver takes the foot off the accelerator pedal completely, does the DSG automatically disengage the clutch?
Yes, it has Coasting function. (The engine will be disengaged and run at idling speed. The vehicle rolls without the braking effect of the engine.)
As per T Roc manual
When the selector lever is in position D/S and neither the accelerator nor the brake pedal is depressed, the vehicle will roll (“coast”) with practically no energy being consumed.

In coasting mode, the momentum of the vehicle can be used to save fuel in conjunction with an anticipatory driving style. The engine no longer brakes the vehicle – the vehicle can roll for a longer distance. The function is available only in the selector lever position D/S and at speeds of approximately 40 – 130 km/h (25 mph – 80 mph).

Initiating coasting

— Take your foot off the accelerator.

Depending upon different conditions, car can go into three different mode
a) Coasting Mode
b) Engine braking mode: Again press the accelerator pedal very gently for 1-2 seconds & release it. Coasting mode will activate.
c) None of the above : Again press the accelerator pedal very gently for 1-2 seconds & release it. Coasting mode will activate.

Canceling coasting mode
—Depress the brake pedal forcefully.
— OR: depress the accelerator or brake pedal briefly.
— OR: pull a paddle towards the steering wheel.
— OR: press the selector lever to the Tiptronic

Last edited by sagwal : 22nd September 2021 at 16:45.
sagwal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2021, 19:18   #1563
VEA
BHPian

Amongst all the noise of breakdowns and feature additions I made the payment for Kushaq Style variant today. I sold my car a couple of months ago when I booked a T-roc and been on a rental car for sometime. Cancelled the TRoc due to concerns over rear seat space. While I value the additional safety of the 6 airbags I really can’t be bothered driving a rental for another month and I am afraid I will change my mind again. I hope for the best and pray I won’t regret.
VEA is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2021, 19:48   #1564
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEA View Post
Amongst all the noise of breakdowns and feature additions I made the payment for Kushaq Style variant today. I sold my car a couple of months ago when I booked a T-roc and been on a rental car for sometime. Cancelled the TRoc due to concerns over rear seat space. While I value the additional safety of the 6 airbags I really can’t be bothered driving a rental for another month and I am afraid I will change my mind again. I hope for the best and pray I won’t regret.
Your concerns about rear space are very valid for TROC. It's hoot to drive, but your family won't be too happy.

It's definitely a very good second vehicle or for younger folks who can afford at the price.

I too cancelled TROC booking for mainly 2 concerns. First was the rear space, second one is that next year TROC will have substantial changes.

Not ready to compromise on 6 airbags situation had to out for Taigun. Tomorrow is the D-Day for Taigun, let's see how much is the pricing difference between siblings.

Any reason to prefer Kushaq over Taigun?
Old 22nd September 2021, 20:25   #1565
VEA
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CircleOfLife View Post
Your concerns about rear space are very valid for TROC. It's hoot to drive, but your family won't be too happy.

Any reason to prefer Kushaq over Taigun?
Very true. A brilliant car that’s an absolute VFM. The rear seat space was the primary reason to avoid it. Another reason, no test drive was available. I felt that the dealer is not committed enough to bother stocking even the basic spares and consumables or service training of staff.

I prefer the styling of Kushaq over Taigun. Also value the much better audio system as I usually spend a lot of money on it in all my cars. I might be able to stick with stock this time. The ventilated seats also felt attractive.
VEA is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2021, 23:18   #1566
Team-BHP Support

So I noticed something interesting. Spot the difference in the 2 pics. Both pics are of a Quartz grey Skoda Kushaq Style variant:

Skoda Kushaq from the review page i.e. media car:
Skoda Kushaq Review-whatsapp-image-20210922-22.58.27.jpeg

Skoda Kushaq from a member who just got delivery recently of his 1.5L MT Style Quartz Grey:
Skoda Kushaq Review-whatsapp-image-20210922-22.58.31.jpeg

Last edited by Vid6639 : 22nd September 2021 at 23:20.
Vid6639 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2021, 00:03   #1567
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Skoda Kushaq from a member who just got delivery recently of his 1.5L MT Style Quartz Grey:
Attachment 2210557
That's a FOC dual tone Kushaq. Does this paint scheme (or lack of it) run under the bonnet too?
Old 23rd September 2021, 08:56   #1568
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
So I noticed something interesting. Spot the difference in the 2 pics. Both pics are of a Quartz grey Skoda Kushaq Style variant:
Thats Two of the Fifty Shades of Grey to be experienced!
ajmat is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2021, 15:13   #1569
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
The 1.5 TSI is superior to the 1.0 TSI in both acceleration and fuel economy! Now you can have the cake and eat it too! But seriously, the economy of the 1.5 TSI manual is simply amazing - Even Diesel cars will struggle to come close to that highway figure in Autocar tests.

I guess the cylinder deactivation tech is what works the magic here.
Yes absolutely. ACT works as advertised. I usually get same or slightly better mileage on the Karoq compared to the GT.
Old 24th September 2021, 10:22   #1570
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JishD View Post
Finally got a call for my fuel pump replacement - while I did not face any issues till date, definitely gives me more peace of mind !
UPDATE : Got the Kushaq back in half a day. The workshop changed the fuel pump and some washer. No replacement of the front power window assembly mentioned by @mavericknerd , as they were not aware of this.

Will take a long-ish drive over the weekend to check if there is any impact on performance.

Slightly OT , see the attached to understand why you should never opt for pick and drop service , if you can manage otherwise
Attached Images

JishD is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 24th September 2021, 14:59   #1571
Distinguished - BHPian

While Kushaq looked not so small from the front, it does look puny from the sides.

The red shade was gorgeous!

Skoda Kushaq Review-20210924_143855.jpg
PrasannaDhana is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 24th September 2021, 21:42   #1572
BHPian

Went to the Skoda showroom after checking out Taigun and Astor, relatively, the crowd was less, and the person whom I talked to mentioned that there is no big waiting period for any model (except models with carbon steel colour) and any other can be delivered in a month! Is this a one off remark or does this indicate a waning interest in Kushaq compared to the competitors?
Old 25th September 2021, 14:11   #1573
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWanderer View Post
Is this a one off remark or does this indicate a waning interest in Kushaq compared to the competitors?

This is bound to happen with current EPC issues and pricing blunder Skoda has done.
Contrary to what you have been told, two weeks back, Akoya Skoda (Pune) sales person told us that there is minimum 2 months waiting irrespective of color / variant you choose.
There were 50+ Kushaqs parked in front of the showroom pointing at which I asked him that what about these cars?
He replied all cars are allocated which I knew was definitely a sales talk he was doing.
Old 25th September 2021, 17:42   #1574
BHPian

1.0 Kushaq owners - are the rear door handle ambient lighting LED's working in your cars ? Is there any specific setting for them to operate ?

I didn't even know of their existence till I saw them on Dragonhawk's ownership report. But I can't figure out how to switch mine on.
Old 25th September 2021, 21:31   #1575
BHPian

I have a question. Hope nobody has asked this before.
How much does the VCDS come in use in the Kushaq (and Taigun)? Would it have as much options as the 'true' VAG cars?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks