Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2021, 15:01   #1621
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapursaket View Post
There are special contraptions/adaptors acting as a cap over the Tyre Nozzle which keeps sending pressure signals to the infotainment system having a microprocessor-controlled circuit for sensing the same and giving a digital readout.
I don't think any OEM TPMS system uses the external sensor concept you have described. It is either a sensor inbuilt into the valve if it is a direct TPMS system or like NevGin has explained in the indirect TPMS system. The sensor cap on the valve concept is an aftermarket one.

The indirect TPMS system uses wheel speed signals to compare the rolling circumference of each tyre from the set reference point and can detect a puncture accordingly.

Last edited by fiat_tarun : 11th October 2021 at 15:04.
fiat_tarun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2021, 17:11   #1622
BHPian

Not sure if it was shared before, but its the first time I came across the pricing for the 6 airbags version of the 1.5 DSG Kushaq combo.

As per this tweet exchange, Zac Hollis says its at a premium of INR 40,000 and bookable right away, though production constraints limit availability.

Very surprised they aren't marketing it better (probably due to supply & production constraints).
Attached Images

VT-RNS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2021, 13:08   #1623
BHPian

I spotted a Karoq on my way to office today morning. Karoq looks so good and IMHO looks far more premium than Kushaq/Creta/Seltos.
I feel Skoda should have localised that and priced it somewhere around 22-25. At least the product would be drastically better sorted than Kushaq and made of better materials.

Skoda in the hopes of competing with Koreans messed up it's premium quality and couldn't even match the feature side of it.
I feel Kushaq is doing more harm to the brand image at the cost of quick sales revival. My father who isn't into cars also knows about the EPC issue and how Kushaq breakdown within few thousand kilometers.

I am no genius but Skoda should have done exactly what they did with Karoq and T-roc.
Skoda's Karoq would be a premium offering price around 22-25 Lakhs while VW's Taigun would be a more price friendly offering targeted to a larger audience in the 9-16 territory.
omranga98 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th October 2021, 14:54   #1624
Distinguished - BHPian

Happened to a test drive car about 10 days back, as per Aryan from Surat, Gujarat.

Aryan writes:-
Quote:
First Major Accident and Just Minor Bruises to Occupants

Today I was driving by Abhva Road in Surat and I saw this accident. Kushaq Test drive vehicle toppled.
I stopped to help because at the first look of the accident I thought there might be fatalities or definitely major injuries as the damage on the car was way too much.

The story that the onlookers told that this car was on a test drive and it hit the divider at a high speed and toppled on the other side of the road.
To extreme surprise, there were minor bruises to one of the persons in the car whereas other three were unscathed.

The whole dealer team had reached the site in minutes and was so proactive at the scene, helped the customers and even cleared the traffic.

Definitely, god was with the people in the car
Skoda Kushaq Review-2.jpg

Skoda Kushaq Review-1.jpg

Skoda Kushaq Review-3.jpg

Last edited by RavenAvi : 13th October 2021 at 14:56.
RavenAvi is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 13th October 2021, 15:34   #1625
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Happened to a test drive car about 10 days back, as per Aryan from Surat, Gujarat.
Driver airbag didn't deploy inspite of hitting the divider at high speed.
Old 13th October 2021, 15:46   #1626
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD150 View Post
Driver airbag didn't deploy inspite of hitting the divider at high speed.
See the underbody picture. Most of the structure is intact with not even the wheel being dislodged from its position. Hence that would not be an impact that would trigger the airbags. The car would have toppled over after being launched from the divider and not crashed into it.
audioholic is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th October 2021, 16:23   #1627
sbm
BHPian

Good to know that the passengers are safe. Skoda should at the earliest get the Kushaq tested by Global NCAP and hopefully get the 5 (or 4) star rating everyone is expecting from it. That would surely compensate for the bad publicity generated by the EPC issue and the premium pricing. Until then, random pictures of accidents with no other known parameters shouldn't effect one's buiyng decision. I remember a guy from Creta/Seltos safety thread who was vouching for his car's safety based on an accident he had in which he crashed his Creta into an electric pole and the pole got bent. Then another person replied that may be the pole was weak already. No offense to any of those gentlemen but my point here is, only controlled environment crash tests should be taken as a measure of a car's safety.
sbm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2021, 17:34   #1628
BANNED

I was at the ASS to enable the feature of 'My SKODA Connect' in 'Kushaq' and happen to find 'JIO Connect' router installed under the Driver Side Dashboard. It seems it has host of features available via the mobile App once it is activated by SKODA. Waiting for the activation as I was told that it will take couple of days and the Dealer will inform me. Anyone here who has used this feature in Kushaq?
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Kushaq Review-img_20210930_165647.jpg  

Last edited by kapursaket : 15th October 2021 at 17:37. Reason: Skoda My Connect
Old 15th October 2021, 18:05   #1629
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by omranga98 View Post
I spotted a Karoq on my way to office today morning. Karoq looks so good and IMHO looks far more premium than Kushaq/Creta/Seltos.
I feel Skoda should have localised that and priced it somewhere around 22-25. At least the product would be drastically better sorted than Kushaq and made of better materials.

Skoda in the hopes of competing with Koreans messed up it's premium quality and couldn't even match the feature side of it.
I feel Kushaq is doing more harm to the brand image at the cost of quick sales revival. My father who isn't into cars also knows about the EPC issue and how Kushaq breakdown within few thousand kilometers.

I am no genius but Skoda should have done exactly what they did with Karoq and T-roc.
Skoda's Karoq would be a premium offering price around 22-25 Lakhs while VW's Taigun would be a more price friendly offering targeted to a larger audience in the 9-16 territory.
I beg to differ on the expressed view as the fit and finish of Kushaq reeks of German Quality and Engineering which the Koreans can never match. I have two Skoda animals in my stable, Fabia and now the Kushaq.
kapursaket is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2021, 17:12   #1630
Team-BHP Support

A sweet looking Monte Carlo'ish mod job on the Kushaq -

Skoda Kushaq Review-modified_inpost2021_10_15_13_50.jpg
Source
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 16th October 2021, 17:52   #1631
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
A sweet looking Monte Carlo'ish mod job on the Kushaq -

Attachment 2219894
Source
Very tastefully done. But why OVRMs didn't get the black treatment.
Old 16th October 2021, 18:32   #1632
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD150 View Post
Very tastefully done. But why OVRMs didn't get the black treatment.
Looks like mirror base has been painted to gloss black from the original bare plastic finish.

Claddings have been painted gloss red, whereas grille, alloys, roof rails and logo has been painted to gloss black.
Old 16th October 2021, 18:48   #1633
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
It’s incredible the sense of entitlement and recklessness with which we treat things that don’t belong to us. While of course the specific details are not known so a bit presumptuous on my part but high speed crash while doing a test drive simply doesn’t go well.

Good to hear that the dealer team was prompt and proactive to deal with the situation at the accident site.

It’s also good to hear that minor build issues aside, the product does perhaps have a solid build structure from a safety standpoint.
Axe77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2021, 13:28   #1634
BHPian

It was the same car, which I took for the test drive on the same road along with my dad. The accident took place just when the service road was adjoining the main highway. The service road is pathetic, and has a loopy up and down road close to the divider. I myself lost control for a bit on the same section and had to slow down. Lot’s of accidents take place on that section due to uneven roads. However this accident and my test drive convinced me that car has solid structure.
Oomph11 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th October 2021, 14:27   #1635
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Aryan writes:-
What’s the course of action in such cases? Is the customer liable for damages or dealer takes care?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks