Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2021, 14:51   #1771
BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
No way to tell without lifting the hood and seeing the engine. Unfortunately.
Even inside the hood also, there is no badging like what we had seen earlier in VAG cars. This is somewhat confusing. Given the history of Skoda dealers, it will not be a surprise if a customer gets 1.0TSI for his order of 1.5DSG.

I still remember one thread in our forum, where a customer was cheated by delivering a Rapid Style variant saying that it was Monte Carlo.
Old 15th November 2021, 14:54   #1772

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunramaswamy View Post
Hey folks, I have only recently bought the Kushaq. It has run only 300 km until now. When is my first service due? I am somehow not able to find the answer anywhere for this.
It is 15000 KM or 1 year whichever is earlier.
lalsam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2021, 15:00   #1773
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunramaswamy View Post
Hey folks, I have only recently bought the Kushaq. It has run only 300 km until now. When is my first service due? I am somehow not able to find the answer anywhere for this.
The service manual says, first service will be at 7500 KM or 6 months from the date of purchase whichever is earlier. Second will be at the end of 6 months from last service or 15000 KM whichever comes first.

First two services are free of labour charges.
sreddyhere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2021, 15:21   #1774
BHPian

Re: Kushaq review from a City owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoConsultant View Post
I had recently helped someone in the family make a decision on buying a mid-size SUV and they went ahead with Kushaq 1.0 L MT Style (Top variant) and I had a chance to spend some time with it. As I also had bought my 5th Gen City Petrol ZX MT earlier in this year, I just wanted to compare the two offerings.
Wow. This is the USP of TeamBHP. An actual comparison from direct users which no other portal can give. Thanks for doing this buddy.

BTW, did you get a chance to check the headlight visibility comparison at night between the two? If yes which one would you say fared better?
Kickdown is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th November 2021, 15:59   #1775
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickdown View Post
BTW, did you get a chance to check the headlight visibility comparison at night between the two? If yes which one would you say fared better?
I cannot comment on City ZX variant, but headlamps in V and VX variant is bad.
Latheesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2021, 16:22   #1776
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
I cannot comment on City ZX variant, but headlamps in V and VX variant is bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickdown View Post
The City's LED set up looked and felt better to me with a more intense and longer throw as compared to Kushaq's. City's fog lamps (white LED) are also pretty strong and combine well the headlamps to increase visibility. Kushaq's fog lamps (yellow halogens) are quite bad and look out of place on such a modern looking car.

Headlights on the City V and VX are quite weak (I have compared them ZX side-by-side).
AutoConsultant is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th November 2021, 17:47   #1777
Senior - BHPian

Skoda Kushaq: 15,000 cars booked in 4 months

Skoda has received over 15,000 bookings for the Kushaq in just over 4 months since the car went on sale in India.

Skoda Kushaq Review-2021skodakushaq04.jpg

The Kushaq was launched in June 2021. It is available in three variants - Active, Ambition and Style.

The SUV is available with two engine options - a 1.0-litre, 3-cylinder TSI that makes 113 BHP and 178 Nm and a 1.5-litre, 4-cylinder TSI that puts out 148 BHP and 250 Nm. While a 6-speed manual transmission is offered as standard, the 1.0L engine gets a 6-speed automatic option. The 1.5L motor comes with a 7-speed dual-clutch automatic gearbox.

Skoda is now gearing up to launch the Slavia mid-size sedan in India. It is scheduled to be unveiled on November 18.

Both the Kushaq and Slavia are part of the VW Group's India 2.0 project.
TusharK is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 15th November 2021, 22:06   #1778
BHPian

I test drove the 1.0 TSI and 1.5 TSI and basis the test drive, I would pick up the 1.5 TSI manual any day (subject to finances). The 1.5 TSI is good at both the city drive and highway as i had a chance to drive on the Chennai bye pass which gives the real world feel of the highway. The 1.0 TSI motor does not do justice to this car any day. But one point, I noted which was little surprising to me was, the Venue 1.0 Turbo was peppy as compared to the 1.0 TSI. But if its the Kushaq, first choice would be 1.5 TSI

Last edited by Lalitha Venkat : 15th November 2021 at 22:10.
Lalitha Venkat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th November 2021, 22:45   #1779
BHPian

Quote:
The City's LED set up looked and felt better to me with a more intense and longer throw as compared to Kushaq's. City's fog lamps (white LED) are also pretty strong and combine well the headlamps to increase visibility. Kushaq's fog lamps (yellow halogens) are quite bad and look out of place on such a modern looking car.
Very nice comparison thread of 2 very different cars but definitely can be clubbed for a comparison as the price is similar and people on a budget might consider 2 different segments.

As far as the fog lights are concerned, it is universally known that in actual fog , a warmer colour light works much better than cooler colour. So, despite the Kushaq's fog lights looking out of place, they will be more useful in actual fog than the City's white fog light which are just better looking but less functional. When there is no fog, you shouldn't be using fog lights anyways.
Amsdoc is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th November 2021, 23:24   #1780
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsdoc View Post
Very nice comparison thread of 2 very different cars but definitely can be clubbed for a comparison as the price is similar and people on a budget might consider 2 different segments.

As far as the fog lights are concerned, it is universally known that in actual fog , a warmer colour light works much better than cooler colour. So, despite the Kushaq's fog lights looking out of place, they will be more useful in actual fog than the City's white fog light which are just better looking but less functional. When there is no fog, you shouldn't be using fog lights anyways.
Being in Delhi, I have had my fair share of foggy/smoggy drives. I have personally not found any types of fog lamps useful in dense fog, it is mainly the head lamps that help cut through the fog. But I agree, yellow lights would be more helpful in such conditions, although I have never used these white headlights in fog yet.

Also, is there harm in keeping fog lamps on during normal times?
Old 16th November 2021, 07:43   #1781
BHPian

Quote:
Being in Delhi, I have had my fair share of foggy/smoggy drives. I have personally not found any types of fog lamps useful in dense fog, it is mainly the head lamps that help cut through the fog. But I agree, yellow lights would be more helpful in such conditions, although I have never used these white headlights in fog yet.

One should NOT use front or rear fog lights unless visibility is seriously reduced as they dazzle other road users and can obscure your brake lights. They must be switched off when visibility improves.

Fog lights are designed to be used when visibility is severely restricted, generally by fog, but also in other poor visibility conditions such as snow or heavy rain. They are designed to make you more visible, rather than helping to light your way so they are not needed in good visibility conditions at night - that’s what your headlights are for. They should only be used when your car's main lights won't be enough to make you visible to other road users.
Old_Salt is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th November 2021, 07:46   #1782
BHPian

Quote:
I don't think I can compare with the foggy/smoggy conditions from Delhi, so you may be right. But, my experience is from the UK and foggy/cloudy hill stations around Pune like Mahabaleshwar. Even in the olden days we used actual fog lamps with yellow coloured glass and there my experience is that fog lamps work better than your regular headlights. My Vento had aftermarket Led headlights and they just used to cause huge dispersion of light which actually used to worsen the view.
As far as fog lights in non foggy condition are concerned. I don't think the beams are as focused as your normal headlights and they can produce significant glare sometimes and dazzle the on coming traffic. In the UK you can be caught by the cops and fined for using fog lights in non foggy conditions. Out here no such thing but it is not ideal. If your headlights are good you don't need fog lights.
Amsdoc is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th November 2021, 08:18   #1783
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks like base variant prices of the Kushaq have already gone up by 30K - Have been seeing full page Ads in the Hindu regularly, which used to say "Starts at 10.49 lakhs" - Today it says "starts at 10.79 lakhs".

Just confirmed from the Skoda India website that the base variant price has indeed increased by 30K - other variants remain at the same price. Skoda seems to have done this silently as I did not see any other news about this.

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 16th November 2021 at 08:19.
84.monsoon is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2021, 10:19   #1784
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Looks like base variant prices of the Kushaq have already gone up by 30K - Have been seeing full page Ads in the Hindu regularly, which used to say "Starts at 10.49 lakhs" - Today it says "starts at 10.79 lakhs".

Just confirmed from the Skoda India website that the base variant price has indeed increased by 30K - other variants remain at the same price. Skoda seems to have done this silently as I did not see any other news about this.
Thanks for this info. With a rumored variant (that would sit between active and ambition) in the works, I hope they don't increase the price for the ambition variant next.
Old 16th November 2021, 11:19   #1785
BHPian

There is an ad in TOI today offering some discounts.Corporates/Govt employees will get 15k. Skoda Loyalty bonus 15k and exchange bonus 25k.

Initial discount of 40k without negotiation at dealer level if we are exchanging a car. We may save some amount on Insurance premium too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks