Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2021, 15:29   #1786
BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq Review

Hi All,

After an initial run of 300+ kms over the last 19 days, I have found a few niggles on the car.

Contrary to many in this forum, I didnt find an issue with the roofliner, it is similar to the Rapid we own. The AC unit is quite powerful, It literally gave me chills at 22 degrees. Bangalore weather helps too

Coming to the issues, here you go:

1. The door seals were squeaking and making a terrible sound everytime I went over a bump or undulations. We had the same issue with our Rapid but back then the dealer asked us to clean it with Soap water but we didnt too much about it. However the Rapid's squeaking was not too prominant. I reached out to Tafe CRM and they sent a guy over with the Wurth HHS 2000. Happy to report that the squeaking is completely gone. The service person who came down did mention that it is lack of lubrication to the door seals that causes this issue and you can simply add WD40 to rectify the issue. A quick google seach does suggest Wurth HHS 2000 to be a better lubricant for door hinges and seals.

Skoda Kushaq Review-15.jpg

2. I find the gear switches to be a little notchy, it isnt as smooth as our Rapid. Spoke to the dealer and he has asked me to complete a few more kilometers and report back if it doesnt get smooth. Anyone else have the same issue?

3. I also find the steering to tilt every so slightly towards the left. Can notice that the car doesnt hold a straight line if i take my hands off the steering. The dealer has asked me down to the workshop and they will take a look. Although I must admit that it happened only twice to me and may be I was overthinking it at the time. To ease my mind, I plan to visit the workshop soon.

Anyone who has had to change the rear wheel bearing? If anyone can suggest what are the tell tale signs of a bad rear wheel bearing. Anything I need to keep an eye out for?

Thanks
Ram
ramgkulkarni is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th November 2021, 20:01   #1787
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaroah View Post
Picked up the car two days back. My dealership experience was very smooth (from booking to delivery) and my SA happily obliged our request for a late-night delivery. Have taken up the extended warranty and the service pack also for peace of mind.
What was the cost for the extended warranty (6 year?) and service pack? I did a quick check and couldn't find any official communication anywhere on this.

Also, what all is included in the service pack?

Edit - The details are available on the website, I didn't notice this earlier --

https://www.skoda-auto.co.in/aid/supercare-campaign
https://www.skoda-auto.co.in/aid/sko...ended-warranty

Last edited by varkey : 16th November 2021 at 20:26.
Old 18th November 2021, 12:41   #1788
BHPian

Hi everyone. Took delivery of my Style 1.0L MT variant last evening. Delivery from SGA Cars, Coimbatore was a smooth & fun process. The drive back home wasn't anything to write about - a thunderstorm and mad traffic.

As for the initial and long term ownership experience, I'll post as time goes by. What I'd like to post about presently is that I decided to get an underbody coating done since I'd noted that both the Kushaq and the Taigun doesn't come with the essential underbody protection plates as one would expect from VAG.

Went to my trusted Wurth detailing centre today morning and am waiting it out to get the process completed. After the underbody was pressure washed, I decided to take a peek to see what the scene was underneath. It was kind of a scary, WTH moment I would say.

I think it's best that all new Kushaq & Taigun owners avoid peeping at the underbody area to avoid instant heart burn.

I'll let the pics speak for themselves...

I'm no automotive expert but I do believe the engine bay underside could have been better protected. The coating process doesn't apply to that area anyhow and it's hardly a job for a product of such nature.

I suppose one would have to go easy on roads that maybe prone to throwing a stone chip or two to the car's underside while driving over them. Experts in the forum may be the better judge of what's to be taken with caution on this topic.

Barring this initial finding, I'm pretty happy with the baby Skoda's package on offer.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Kushaq Review-pxl_20211118_063931855.jpg  

Skoda Kushaq Review-pxl_20211118_064045727.jpg  

Skoda Kushaq Review-pxl_20211118_055257931.jpg  

Skoda Kushaq Review-pxl_20211118_055237125.jpg  

Skoda Kushaq Review-pxl_20211118_055234549.jpg  

Skoda Kushaq Review-pxl_20211118_055206959.jpg  

Last edited by rideon74 : 18th November 2021 at 12:52. Reason: Additional information added
rideon74 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th November 2021, 14:14   #1789
BHPian

In continuation to my earlier post: the coating process is over and just waiting for the mandatory curing period to get over.

Here's some pics of the underbody after the coating. Since I'm with a known team, the service guy took the effort to nicely clean up after the spray was applied.

I've included two pics of what looks like connection module that's got quite a few wires going into it (as mentioned earlier - I'm a noob when it comes to such things). Just felt that such a module left at the mercy of the slush that will thrown at it while driving is something to ponder about.

I don't mean to sound like a killjoy here to fellow new owners. Just sharing what I felt may help others to know how their Kushaq has been put together.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Kushaq Review-pxl_20211118_075136398.jpg  

Skoda Kushaq Review-pxl_20211118_075323103.jpg  

Skoda Kushaq Review-pxl_20211118_074919676.jpg  

Skoda Kushaq Review-pxl_20211118_074831770.jpg  

Skoda Kushaq Review-pxl_20211118_074839785.jpg  

Skoda Kushaq Review-pxl_20211118_080316645.jpg  

Skoda Kushaq Review-pxl_20211118_081307409.jpg  

Skoda Kushaq Review-pxl_20211118_081448135.jpg  

Skoda Kushaq Review-pxl_20211118_081432346.jpg  

Skoda Kushaq Review-pxl_20211118_074820079.jpg  

rideon74 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th November 2021, 15:06   #1790
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideon74 View Post

I think it's best that all new Kushaq & Taigun owners avoid peeping at the underbody area to avoid instant heart burn.
A small steel plate to protect the oil filter is a good idea, rest of the things are alright for road use. In general new vehicles do not need any rust protection treatment as such, just park in a ventilated place that is dry.
Kosfactor is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th November 2021, 20:51   #1791
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
In general new vehicles do not need any rust protection treatment as such, just park in a ventilated place that is dry.
I'd agree to this perspective on new cars though I'd add that the need for an extra layer of protection largely depends on the prevailing climatic conditions where one uses/parks the car for most of it's usage period. If the area is a coastal region with salty air prevalent then it's further worth considering. Nevertheless, it's just a precaution left to one's discretion.

In my case, work takes me to the hills of the Nilgiris and Kerala for most part of the car's use - both these regions have many months of heavy rains. In addition to this, my native home is very near to the coastline at Calicut and spend my time there as well.

Considering these zones of usage, I've always gotten an underbody coating done for my earlier cars as well.

Just thought I'll add my thoughts on how the decision to get an underbody coating should be made. But as you'd mentioned, for those who use their cars in less punishing environments, one can safely do without the extra 3k-3.5k investment.
rideon74 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th November 2021, 22:21   #1792
VEA
BHPian

Do you feel any reduction in road/tire noise after doing the underbody treatment? Or is it just a very thin coat of paint? The job seems to be well done. Properly masking all the uncoated areas.
VEA is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2021, 22:40   #1793
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEA View Post
Do you feel any reduction in road/tire noise after doing the underbody treatment? Or is it just a very thin coat of paint?
No noticeable reduction in tyre noise actually. That's a good question, by the way. It isn't paint per se, it's basically a rubber based compound which can be painted over if required.

With a recommended application thickness of 4mm, one would expect some sort sound dampening to happen - but nope, I didn't get that feeling.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Kushaq Review-pxl_20211118_053708177.jpg  

Old 19th November 2021, 00:00   #1794
BHPian

For those of you following the Slavia thread - I find it amazing that Kushaq is panned for poor interiors and Slavia lauded for nearly the same interiors with a different color scheme (beige/black)
JishD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th November 2021, 09:30   #1795
KPR
BANNED

I've been hearing songs of Amit Trivedi through his Youtube channel AT Azaad in collaboration with Skoda Sonic Roots titled 'Songs of Soil'. They travel in Kushaq. Good quality of music and must appreciate Skoda for going this way.
KPR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2021, 10:09   #1796
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPR View Post
I've been hearing songs of Amit Trivedi through his Youtube channel AT Azaad in collaboration with Skoda Sonic Roots titled 'Songs of Soil'. They travel in Kushaq. Good quality of music and must appreciate Skoda for going this way.http://Youtu.be/4HPnecy6D1U
That is a Kodiaq in the video. Much bigger and expensive than the Kushaq.
Pancham is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th November 2021, 12:38   #1797
KPR
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
That is a Kodiaq in the video. Much bigger and expensive than the Kushaq.
In one of the song called "Mooch" based in Rajasthan they've shown red Kushaq.
KPR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2021, 17:48   #1798
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaroah View Post
Picked up the car two days back. My dealership experience was very smooth (from booking to delivery) and my SA happily obliged our request for a late-night delivery. Have taken up the extended warranty and the service pack also for peace of mind.

Our Brio (which this car replaces) had done 75k kms in 9 years and was on its deathbed due to its rough use. So we wanted a car ASAP and couldn't wait for the Taigun hence decided to proceed with Kushaq. Since it will be used for doing daily chores and bumper-to-bumper duties we didn't feel the absolute need for 6 airbags in the Taigun either.
Congratulations and happy million miles on the Skoda ahead!

How do you find the transition in the ride quality and handling from a Brio?
I own a 2012 Brio V(MT) too, which has done about 103000 kms thus far.

But the itch to upgrade to the Kushaq (after multiple T.D's and coaxing by family ) is absolutely irresistible.

Also, care to share what sort of rates you got for the Brio? Can D.M me details if you'd like as well.
1985Darkkid85 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2021, 23:44   #1799
BHPian

I had always wanted to try out the dechromed version, so here it is.

Did a test drive of the 1.0 automatic today and found pick up to be a little hesistant, there is a delay of a second or so before the engine repond to pedal thrust. Exterior looks and paint finish is awesome. Interior finish is a big letdown. Seat quality and leather cover is quite good, but plastic parts and switches are poor quality. Exposed sunroof mechanical is unforgivable.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Kushaq Review-2021skodakushaq02.jpg  

Guite is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th November 2021, 01:56   #1800
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
ISeat quality and leather cover is quite good, but plastic parts and switches are poor quality. Exposed sunroof mechanical is unforgivable.
As an active user of Kushaq , I would go contrary to your opinion - plastic parts are definitely par for the segment . The only switches which feel downmarketl are the interior led switches . I still think that the leatherette covers could have been better on the Style - they look too generic.

Regards the sunroof exposed mechanicals , it's valid ...only if you open the sunroof. I have opened my sunroof a total of 2 times ! That too when I was way out of urban areas...and I never noticed rhe mechanicals since I was busy driving (neither did my family) . So these 'problems' are overhyped to say the least.
JishD is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks