Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2021, 19:26   #1861
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amey027 View Post
Anyone took loan from HDFC while also having a HDFC account? Or in general from the bank you have an account in? I was looking at the process and since I have an account, it's breezy. However, I noticed the list of dealers mentioned on the loan website didn't match the official Skoda List.

In fact, when I visited the SBI page, it didn't even have Kushaq as an option under Skoda cars! So now I am confused whether I should apply for loan online, or just use the good old fashioned way.
Reach out to your relationship manager. He will get it sorted. My friend took loan for the Taigun through ICICI and his was the first Taigun for which ICICI disbursed the loan amount.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek_hch View Post
This is a big big issue with both Kushaq and Taigun. I have driven 3-4 Kushaqs in test drives till now and this was a noticeable problem in most of them. On an extended test drive of 40 KMs of 1.5 DSG Kushaq, this noise was extremely noticeable. The SA something to the effect of that particular car having crashed, which did not sound very convincing.

Yesterday, test drove 1.5 DSG and 1.0 AT versions of Taigun and this noise was there to the point of being irritating in the 1.5 one. It was present even in 1.0 to a lesser extent.

Hope VAG solves this issue at the earliest.
This must be the test drive vehicle issue. I have not heard anywhere on social media or come across this issue. I have myself driven more than 2500 km.

Last edited by vb-saan : 1st December 2021 at 08:13. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged. Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another.
Old 30th November 2021, 19:28   #1862
BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrk View Post
More than having savings account, having salary account with the bank makes it easy for loans. Atleast that has been my experience. Although you could take the loan from different FI, it would take few more days. End of the day you have shop for cheaper/better interest rate as well.
Yup, I have a salaried account with them plus the interest quoted is 7.5% which is very competitive. However, didn't like the early closure penalty which is 6% of pending amount. SBI offers 3% and I am definitely planning to close the loan early.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAA View Post
I went through the dealer and took a loan from SBI. The rates and terms were significantly better then HDFC. Loan got disbursed in 3 days so very efficient.
I checked with SBI and they quoted 8.5% which is way off from what HDFC and Axis are offering. Although the early closure penalty is only 3% compared to 6% in HDFC and 5% in Axis.
Old 30th November 2021, 20:30   #1863
KAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by amey027 View Post
Yup, I have a salaried account with them plus the interest quoted is 7.5% which is very competitive. However, didn't like the early closure penalty which is 6% of pending amount. SBI offers 3% and I am definitely planning to close the loan early.

I checked with SBI and they quoted 8.5% which is way off from what HDFC and Axis are offering. Although the early closure penalty is only 3% compared to 6% in HDFC and 5% in Axis.
I got an offer of 7.25 from SBI with zero processing fee, no part prepayment penalty and no penalty if fully prepaid after 12 months. You should push your dealer to show you different quotes. The psu banks seem more competitive then the private ones.
Old 30th November 2021, 21:59   #1864
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ02 View Post
This must be the test drive vehicle issue. I have not heard anywhere on social media or come across this issue. I have myself driven more than 2500 km.
Thunder clouds as referred to by the owner in this video.

Many cars can get door rattles after they age a bit or they are used off the road often but uncommon in new vehicles of this kind.
Kosfactor is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 30th November 2021, 22:13   #1865
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
Thunder clouds as referred to by the owner in this video.

https://Youtu.be/FkBoS8E17Sk

Many cars can get door rattles after they age a bit or they are used off the road often but uncommon in new vehicles of this kind.
Ok. I thought you are referring to some other type of noise. Yes door rattling issue is there, I agree. Hope this gets rectified soon. Door rattling is more in Kushaq and Taigun compared to Polo/Vento/Rapid.
Old 1st December 2021, 09:22   #1866
BHPian

Our delivery is tentatively slated for this Saturday (3rd Dec). When I booked the Kushaq in Nov, my dealer promised a discount of 9k in the service package (16k against 25k). He called me last night and said they could invoice the car with my permission on Nov 30 itself and I could avail the offer. Sounded shady to me as I had been insisting on a visit to the yard to do a PDI before they allot the chassis number to me.

I stood my ground an said I need to do the PDI personally before they send the car for registration (God forbid I discover on the day of delivery that it's a 2 airbag version instead of the 6 airbag version). They said I will have to forego the 9k discount in that case because the car can only be invoiced in Dec.

Here are my questions.
  1. Aren't monthly offers by date of booking and not date of invoicing/delivery?
  2. And if by date of invoicing, technically I should be able to avail December offers right (which aren't announced yet)?
  3. I am sounding super paranoid (Skoda India's past behaviour is definitely at fault here!), but does this sound shady and look like the dealer might be trying to get a bad unit sold to me?

My loan has already been sanctioned and disbursed, so I don't think I even hold any cards here.

The SA is super sweet (I have known him for exactly 5 days and I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, but Skoda India's reputation precedes all this.

Please advise.
Old 1st December 2021, 10:22   #1867
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msnarain View Post
When I booked the Kushaq in Nov, my dealer promised a discount of 9k in the service package (16k against 25k).

They said I will have to forego the 9k discount in that case because the car can only be invoiced in Dec.

Please advise.
The service package, in November, was 16k, which was the offer from Skoda and not from the dealer. Effectively, dealer is not giving you any discount from his side. Just for your reference, in NCR discounts on Kushaq ranges from 25k - 40k (even without taking insurance from dealers).

Hope it helps.
Old 1st December 2021, 11:51   #1868
BHPian

Skoda Kushaq with some modifications both exterior and interior. Really like the way the seat covers have been done. Might be of help to some fellow members.

Old 1st December 2021, 12:15   #1869

Quote:
  1. Aren't monthly offers by date of booking and not date of invoicing/delivery?

Please advise.
Skoda will honour the discount. See this message.
Attached Images

apoorvdurga is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st December 2021, 13:04   #1870
BHPian

Hi Dear Fellow members,

Need an opinion!

My car is coming with 205/55R17 91H ET WANDERER STREET TL tyres. What do you suggest I do?

1. Stick to the tyre
2. Upgrade to 215/50R 17 Michelin Primacy 4 ST
Old 1st December 2021, 13:44   #1871

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrk View Post
I will test drive Kushaq 1.0 and Nissan Kicks this week. Hopefully these machines wont put head and heart into confusion on which to buy.
Do post your driving experience and comparison of both Kicks and Kushaq here especially in terms of ride quality.
Old 1st December 2021, 14:34   #1872
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.grg View Post
The service package, in November, was 16k, which was the offer from Skoda and not from the dealer. Effectively, dealer is not giving you any discount from his side. Just for your reference, in NCR discounts on Kushaq ranges from 25k - 40k (even without taking insurance from dealers).

Hope it helps.
You are right. Gurudev Skoda said I will be making the payment to Skoda directly post-delivery.

My question was more around finding Gurudev's claim weird about Skoda not honouring their November offer because delivery was not in November itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apoorvdurga View Post
Skoda will honour the discount. See this message.
This is very helpful. Shared the screenshot with my SA. Will keep you posted. Thank you!
Old 1st December 2021, 15:25   #1873
BHPian

Hello folks,
How was the Kushaq's performance in the November sales? Cant seem to find the data.
Please share if anyone has it.
Thanks.
Old 1st December 2021, 18:44   #1874
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KapilD View Post

My car is coming with 205/55R17 91H ET WANDERER STREET TL tyres. What do you suggest I do?
205 is good enough even for the 1.5 variant. If yours is a 1.0 variant, it will make the car much slower,

I would stick to the 205 profile, but get the michelin ones.
Old 1st December 2021, 19:00   #1875
BHPian

Quote:
My question was more around finding Gurudev's claim weird about Skoda not honouring their November offer because delivery was not in November itself.

This is very helpful. Shared the screenshot with my SA. Will keep you posted. Thank you!
I’m getting my delivery tomorrow. I asked my SA here in Kolkata, and he gave me the discounted SVP price (15999) today, in Dec.
I paid for the car on Nov 29. So, I guess it should work for you as well.
Payment is done directly to Škoda website. I got a link for payment.

Hope the above helps you.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks