Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2021, 09:46   #1906
BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridehard View Post
Whereas both the Kushaqs, just managed to keep me from sweating, at the end of the 8km TD.
NCR is hotter than Chennai from an ambient temperature perspective - what I figured is that if the AC is kept at 18 (vs 21-22 in other cars), it works well enough. And keep recirculation on, the auto AC programming is too aggressive in pulling in outside air.
Old 6th December 2021, 10:14   #1907
BHPian

I've been seeing reports which indicate that the turning radius of the Taigun is considerably lesser than that of the Kushaq? I find this a bit hard to understand as both of them arw almost identical. Can someone confirm if this is true?
Old 6th December 2021, 12:22   #1908
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KapilD View Post
I’m getting mine replaced today.
And here i’m now sitting in the customer lounge and reporting to my fellow members
Following up on my message above, here is an update with a few photos:

First, the workshop is huge in comparison to the one of Volkswagen (I’ve been there for last 7 years)

Skoda Kushaq Review-cd26adea34ef4975a4205bcd421eafe6.jpeg

The lounge also had decent facilities.Skoda Kushaq Review-52bc9e26abc24cd9adf7734bc64555cb.jpeg

Coming to the point of concern, these are the ones getting replaced

Skoda Kushaq Review-859a8600fa61421cb42f4975c57205b1.jpeg

So off they came and in went the new ones. The feel of the rubber on the new ones is way better, they have the rubbery sticky feel when you run your finger on them, whereas the old ones had a more slippery feel to them; may be that was the reason it was squeaking.

Anyways, Škoda got themselves and me covered under warranty.

Skoda Kushaq Review-6d93ac0a10d444cfa48b47f179aab059.jpeg

Here are some more photos in the workshop.

Skoda Kushaq Review-a231f853c55b400483264420bfc0f87e.jpeg

The majority of the cars in for service were Octavia and Superb. Also, I saw one blue vRS tuned to stage 4, carbon fibre intake, wing mirror, ceramic brakes etc. point being it was drool worthy. However, since it was being worked upon and dusty, didn’t feel like taking a photo and doing injustice to the beast

So after the door seals were put in place. They ran a VCDS check on all electronics and a free 40 point check up (under campaign)

Skoda Kushaq Review-e40a9d736d0b4e64b1aef6e3a34942af.jpeg

And then when I was on my way back, I hit the 100 km on my odo

Skoda Kushaq Review-77a34dccb0e2403cb9032ea0c5d3e68b.jpeg

So far I’ve done DIY ceramic wax by Turtle Wax and the results look pretty good for the product. Also, I found the tiny little lights illuminating the door handles and charging slot.

Pics as under:

Skoda Kushaq Review-e621e6c9d95a44d19f5d172155141d53.jpeg
Ceramic coating water beading

Skoda Kushaq Review-391e3155610d40a6bde5ef934239a1a2.jpeg
Door Handle illumination

Skoda Kushaq Review-e1907d9feb41457ea5b70e7e6fc746c4.jpeg
Wireless charging illumination

Also, after getting the car I got the maps updated from Sygic for testing. Although I prefer apple CarPlay google maps.

Skoda Kushaq Review-0270e92b5fb6453580427f06e510cf2c.jpeg

And finally, the speedo console. I love the analog dials. Can never wrap my head around the digital ones. So one last upload of the good old dials.
Skoda Kushaq Review-527f4805081340888c4a7e7181d19442.jpeg

Last edited by KapilD : 6th December 2021 at 12:23.
KapilD is offline   (39) Thanks
Old 6th December 2021, 13:23   #1909
BHPian

Took delivery of our new Škoda Kushaq 1.0 Style AT (6 airbags) on Saturday. We have driven it for close to a 100 km over the weekend. It's been an absolute joy to drive - so much that the wife and I have literally been fighting over who gets to drive the car - we have now resorted to rock, paper, scissors!

I will try to write a detailed review one of these days, but here is a quick gist.

What we like
  1. Looks - we love it. Surprisingly been turning heads - probably because there are not many Kushaqs on the road.
  2. Driving. The TSI + the torque convertor is an absoltue joy. Been resisting the temptation to floor for at least a couple of thousand kms.
  3. Handles beautifully. Super refined ride quality too in the city. Will update highway manners post a long highway drive.
  4. Sedan like manners. For someone coming from a hatch that was an absolute toy to chuck, this seems like the perfect upgrade. Not too hard to navigate through traffic or take that tight U-turn.
  5. We love the dashboard and steering. Classy and not too loud. Every thing visible to the driver is extremely usable, accessible and thought through (except the AC controls - more on that below)
  6. Back seat - parents love the easy ingress and egress after having been struggling with the Brio for a couple of years now. Three in the back seems like a squeeze, but the middle occupant won't complain for city drives considering there is an adjustable head rest for middle seats. We don't plan to take on a third occupant for long drives, unless it's someone we really hate.
  7. 6 airbags. We had to shoot down a lot of good CSUV/crossovers within (Magnite, Kiger etc) because they lacked 6 airbags. This almost single-handedly sealed the deal for us. The other SUV/CSUV/Crossovers with 6 airbags that we could buy for less than 20L were either too old models (Ecosports etc) or commanded waiting periods that didn't make sense (all the South Koreans)

What we aren't big fans of
  • Analog cockpit that looks dated. No complaints, but we would have loved the digital cockpit considering cars priced way below seem to offer better looking MIDs and needles. Not complaining about the analog rev meter though. I absolutely hate the digital rev display in my Triumph Street Twin. Unusable.
  • Non-powered seat adjustment. Plus the passenger seat can't be adjusted for height.
  • Exposed sunroof mechanicals are an eyesore. Luckily, I don't see us opening it ever.
  • AC controls are all-touch. Had to take my eyes off the road for split-seconds multiple times.
  • Cabin is really noisy. A lot of engine + traffic noise makes its way into the cabin. The powered windows are WAY noisy as well.

Few more points
  • We haven't setup MySkoda yet, so will not comment on that yet.
  • No squeaky door issues so far - SA promised they have taken care of it before delivery and said if it arises, they will take care of it again.
  • Oct 2021 is the manufacturing month. So they SA claims the fuel pump is also replaced.
  • The 3-cylinder clatter seems amplified at idle. So much that someone mistook it for a diesel. But super refined once you drive off. But you still hear the engine inside the cabin. Can one go for after market insulation under the bonnet to at least contain some of the noise?

I will post more pictures and write a detailed review here soon. Brb for now, got to go win a game of rock, paper, scissors!

Skoda Kushaq Review-img_713931ae52d51.jpeg

Skoda Kushaq Review-img_0f2594115dd61.jpeg
msnarain is offline   (40) Thanks
Old 6th December 2021, 13:26   #1910
BHPian

Can someone please recommend where can I find the boot mat for Kushaq online or off store in Bangalore?
roadlover1705 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th December 2021, 14:05   #1911
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickelniks View Post

Any experience from the existing owners regarding the interior space & quality. How much of an issue it is in the ownership experience?
I recently booked the Kushaq 1.5 TSI Manual. I experienced and test drove every car in this segment twice (exception: Creta due car non availability). I was so paranoid, I test drove all of them on the same day, one after the other. Car buying decisions are difficult, so I additionally also created this matrix to help reduce subjectivity as much as possible.

Hope it helps.
Attached Files
File Type: xlsx Car Matrix.xlsx (80.1 KB, 381 views)

Last edited by amey027 : 6th December 2021 at 14:06.
amey027 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th December 2021, 14:48   #1912
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msnarain View Post
Took delivery of our new Škoda Kushaq 1.0 Style AT (6 airbags) on Saturday.
Congratulations on that beauty. This colour looks superb.

Quote:
The 3-cylinder clatter seems amplified at idle. So much that someone mistook it for a diesel. But super refined once you drive off. But you still hear the engine inside the cabin. Can one go for after market insulation under the bonnet to at least contain some of the noise?
I will post more pictures and write a detailed review here soon. Brb for now, got to go win a game of rock, paper, scissors!
Indeed, there's quite a lot of engine noise inside the cabin. I've been trying to figure out if the bonnet silencer material available on boodmo would fit the Kushaq. It is originally for the Polo/Vento/Rapid brigade.

Part No. 6R0863831B

Will have to take measurements.

Enjoy your car!
cpabhijit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th December 2021, 15:14   #1913
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
[*]Non-powered seat adjustment. Plus the passenger seat can't be adjusted for height.
Took a TD and home minister found the passenger seat to be a bit too low for her liking! Is it the case or am I missing something?

Pre-booked Slavia, but can't expect the sedan to have better visibility, the wait is on. Might have to let it go for this very reason.
Old 6th December 2021, 16:37   #1914
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpabhijit View Post
Congratulations on that beauty. This colour looks superb.

Indeed, there's quite a lot of engine noise inside the cabin. I've been trying to figure out if the bonnet silencer material available on boodmo would fit the Kushaq. It is originally for the Polo/Vento/Rapid brigade.

Part No. 6R0863831B

Will have to take measurements.

Enjoy your car!
This is helpful, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
Took a TD and home minister found the passenger seat to be a bit too low for her liking! Is it the case or am I missing something?

Pre-booked Slavia, but can't expect the sedan to have better visibility, the wait is on. Might have to let it go for this very reason.
Yes. We both found the passenger seat obnoxiously low on height. However, we both discussed and realized it was not a deal breaker at the end of the day. I am 5'10" and the wife is 5'6" if that adds some perspective.
msnarain is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th December 2021, 16:44   #1915
BHPian

Quote:

I think maybe Slavia has a height adjustor for passenger too, so you don't have to let it go yet
yesyeswe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2021, 18:38   #1916
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KapilD View Post
My Škoda Kushaq ownership is going to begin soon.. hopefully by mid next week.. the car is in stockyard and I did the PDI yesterday.

Here is a click… 1.5 TSI MT STYLE

Full details on experience and ownership to come soon.
Should PDI be done before registration? I booked mine (same model, Red colour) and the dealer is asking me pay him registration charges upfront. Makes no sense to me to register the car before checking it. He's even pushing me to make full payment pre-delivery which seems fishy to me.

I have never bought a car before, but do own a motorcycle and remember paying balance 50% amount only during delivery.
amey027 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2021, 18:41   #1917
BHPian

Quote:
Yes. I too felt the same in Kushaq. Infact, I had the same observation in Magnite as well.
skarthiksr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2021, 18:53   #1918
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes. We both found the passenger seat obnoxiously low on height. However, we both discussed and realized it was not a deal breaker at the end of the day. I am 5'10" and the wife is 5'6" if that adds some perspective.
Quote:
Originally Posted by skarthiksr View Post
Yes. I too felt the same in Kushaq. Infact, I had the same observation in Magnite as well.
This is one weird design flaw which rarely gets covered I guess! Tucson is said to be the worst.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
I think maybe Slavia has a height adjustor for passenger too, so you don't have to let it go yet
Hopefully adjustment range is good enough, will keep an eye on this

Post pandemic car purchase has become complicated, XUV has one and half years of waiting, other options are not far behind, crazy price hike and no price protection at the time of booking I guess I need to rant on a different thread.
giri1.8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2021, 19:09   #1919
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amey027 View Post
Should PDI be done before registration?
Not at all! You are not obliged to pay anything except the booking amount till the PDI is completed. In my case, I even instructed the bank not to release any amount until I confirm that everything is to my satisfaction.

I believe the dealership is trying to bind you in to meet their targets but do not budge. To add some context, I bought the car in Bangalore as well.
roadlover1705 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th December 2021, 19:09   #1920
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amey027 View Post
Should PDI be done before registration? I booked mine (same model, Red colour) and the dealer is asking me pay him registration charges upfront. Makes no sense to me to register the car before checking it. He's even pushing me to make full payment pre-delivery which seems fishy to me.

I have never bought a car before, but do own a motorcycle and remember paying balance 50% amount only during delivery.
It is common practice by dealer to ask full payment including RTO charges upfront as most of the customer do not insist or care about PDI and just ok to see the car for the first time on the delivery day. I was one of them when I was first time buyer Now wisdom has been imparted by this forum so I did the PDI for my second car before releasing full funds.

Coming to your post, I do believe that there is nothing wrong in PDI before final payment if that's feasible. Or at least hold some payment till you complete PDI. Dealer may not agree for you to hold payment till the delivery day.

I have had tough time convincing my Hyundai dealer as he was ready to pass on the car to someone more willing to go by his TnC. I could manage to hold off some payment till PDI day but had to clear all dues 3-4 days before the delivery so that all the formalities could be complete before delivery.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 6th December 2021 at 19:13.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks