Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2021, 19:29   #1921
BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by amey027 View Post
Should PDI be done before registration? I booked mine (same model, Red colour) and the dealer is asking me pay him registration charges upfront. Makes no sense to me to register the car before checking it. He's even pushing me to make full payment pre-delivery which seems fishy to me.

I have never bought a car before, but do own a motorcycle and remember paying balance 50% amount only during delivery.
Yes, in respect of pre delivery inspection, it is recommended that you have a look at the car and make sure that all parts are ok (no scratches or rusting) and working (some may not be working as they are locked by factory prior to workshop PDI), note the VIN and then give the go ahead to the sales advisor to give you the invoice and then you make full payment (down payment, loan etc as the case may be) including car cost, insurance, road tax amongst others.

This is a normal practice.

Also, it is recommended that you have a thorough check of all panels (so that there are no scratches), mechanical and electrical working, get a demo from the sales advisor and then leave the sales showroom. If any defect is found, please report it then and there so that they acknowledge and repair/replace the same at the earliest.
Old 6th December 2021, 21:37   #1922
BHPian

Hello folks. Have any existing kushaq owners experienced EPC related issues post fuel pump corrections?
abhi_ank is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2021, 07:52   #1923
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KapilD View Post
...these are the ones getting replaced...Anyways, Škoda got themselves and me covered under warranty...
Thanks for the info that you were able to get door liners replaced under warranty. The SVC at my place spoke only of a 'softening' treatment, which requires the car to left with them overnight. Will now ask them why a replacement option from Skoda wasn't being offered out here.
rideon74 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2021, 08:01   #1924
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideon74 View Post
Thanks for the info that you were able to get door liners replaced under warranty. The SVC at my place spoke only of a 'softening' treatment, which requires the car to left with them overnight. Will now ask them why a replacement option from Skoda wasn't being offered out here.
I was told that replacement instruction has been sent by Škoda to the workshops sometime on Friday/Saturday. Had I gone before that, I’d have got the softening treatment as well.

FYI I am the first customer to get the warranty replacement here
KapilD is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th December 2021, 09:13   #1925
BHPian

Quote:
I was told that replacement instruction has been sent by Škoda to the workshops sometime on Friday/Saturday. Had I gone before that, I’d have got the softening treatment as well.

FYI I am the first customer to get the warranty replacement here
Much obliged for this additional info. It comes at perfect timing. I was planning to take the baby Skoda for the door seal work sometime this week. Thanks again & happy motoring!
rideon74 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2021, 10:27   #1926
BHPian

I used the sunroof to take in the sun after the clouds of cyclone Jawad started to clear from Kolkata today. Guess there won’t be much use of it after the winter season is over.

I wonder why we go gaga over the sunroof for may be just 2 months of usage

Skoda Kushaq Review-b5f42e9ad25945e3bd8376fd51c4fcbf.jpeg

If I only had the option to buy the Kushaq without it

PS. I still had to keep my AC on

Last edited by KapilD : 7th December 2021 at 10:28.
KapilD is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th December 2021, 13:37   #1927
BHPian

Quote:
I used the sunroof to take in the sun after the clouds of cyclone Jawad started to clear from Kolkata today. Guess there won’t be much use of it after the winter season is over.

Your sentiment resonates and practicality of sunroof in our climatic conditions for most of the year is impractical.

You can't ignore the fact it would be useful very few times a year. Long drive to Goa or hill stations or a late night drive. Paying premium to experience these moments rather than practicality.

One can't be gazing out while driving, back & passenger seat passengers would appreciate more this novelty.
CircleOfLife is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2021, 13:53   #1928
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CircleOfLife View Post
Your sentiment resonates and practicality of sunroof in our climatic conditions for most of the year is impractical.

You can't ignore the fact it would be useful very few times a year. Long drive to Goa or hill stations or a late night drive. Paying premium to experience these moments rather than practicality.

One can't be gazing out while driving, back & passenger seat passengers would appreciate more this novelty.
True, sunroof is only useful if there are rear passengers i.e you have a family of 4-5 or travel with friends often. Even then, it's the panaromic sunroof that makes sense. A standard sunroof in my opinion is useless for both front and rear passengers and is just a gizmo, rather than having actual utility.
amey027 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th December 2021, 14:03   #1929
BHPian

Quote:
The only practical use of sunroof in India is to expel the hot air quickly when have to take your car out after being parked in hot sun for a reasonable time. Else, it is just a feature that you tend to forget after the initial honeymoon period.
Rolling_Stock is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 7th December 2021, 14:03   #1930
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, in respect of pre delivery inspection, it is recommended that you have a look at the car and make sure that all parts are ok (no scratches or rusting) and working (some may not be working as they are locked by factory prior to workshop PDI), note the VIN and then give the go ahead to the sales advisor to give you the invoice and then you make full payment (down payment, loan etc as the case may be) including car cost, insurance, road tax amongst others.

This is a normal practice.

Also, it is recommended that you have a thorough check of all panels (so that there are no scratches), mechanical and electrical working, get a demo from the sales advisor and then leave the sales showroom. If any defect is found, please report it then and there so that they acknowledge and repair/replace the same at the earliest.
Yeah, I mentioned to the dealer to bare min share me details like manufacturing date/month, engine and chassis details, plus arrange a visit before registration. Unfortunately, PDI is something I can only do 10 days from now since I am traveling currently. But the dealer kind of refused to share details saying he needs 100% payment. Mostly I will cancel the booking if he keeps refusing.
amey027 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2021, 14:08   #1931
BHPian

Quote:
True, sunroof is only useful if there are rear passengers i.e you have a family of 4-5 or travel with friends often. Even then, it's the panaromic sunroof that makes sense. A standard sunroof in my opinion is useless for both front and rear passengers and is just a gizmo, rather than having actual utility.
None of my cars including new Octavia has a sunroof, but it's not a Gizmo entirely either. It does let air & enough sunlight to brighten up the cabin. There are pros and cons depending on how one effectively uses it. It's something of novelty factory in a car one will not use it on daily basis but few days a year. Is it worth it or not depends on ones perspective, especially when the competition is offering a panoramic.

Last edited by CircleOfLife : 7th December 2021 at 14:10.
Old 7th December 2021, 14:40   #1932
Senior - BHPian

Managed to get 18.33 kpl out of my Kushaq 1.0 AT.

No AC.

This was 80% expressway (Noida - Greater Noida) and 20% city.

At expressway I generally keep the RPMs between 1500-2000 and set the speed mostly at 80kph.
ashutoshb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2021, 15:30   #1933
BHPian

Quote:
Yeah, I mentioned to the dealer to bare min share me details like manufacturing date/month, engine and chassis details, plus arrange a visit before registration. Unfortunately, PDI is something I can only do 10 days from now since I am traveling currently. But the dealer kind of refused to share details saying he needs 100% payment. Mostly I will cancel the booking if he keeps refusing.
I understand your position but from a dealer point of view, no dealer would wait 10 days for you to complete PDI or delay the delivery to you as he has his targets. He would much rather sell it to another prospective customer.

Having said this, you may very well ask the dealer to cancel this booking and allot a new car to you at your convenience (with free time at hand) so that you are able to go with that sales guy to the stockyard/service shop to have a look at the stock and then give the go ahead.

Also, it is advisable that you get only the VIN of the car and the forum can decode the month and year of manufacture for you.

Bottom line: Always get the Month and Year of the manufactured car confirmed before paying out. You don’t want to end up with a 9-12 month old manufactured car. I always prefer 1-2 month between factory production and delivery.

May be you can have this thought conveyed to the dealer to make him understand of your concern. Even then if he doesn’t budge, please find a better and honest dealer.

If he wants 100% money without giving any details, he’s hiding something. Better stay away from the car in question.
KapilD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2021, 16:16   #1934
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just ask him to share full VIN number (chassis number) which you can decode to obtain month of manufacturing (last 2 characters represent month and there is a table for each manufacturer). I do not have the team Bhp post handy but you can search the forum.
By having VIN details, you are sure of manufacturing date. Also, you can be sure dealer is delivering the same car for which you agreed.
If he is not cooperating to share even the VIN details then there is something fishy.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 7th December 2021 at 16:20.
Old 7th December 2021, 20:31   #1935
BHPian

Quote:
Also, it is advisable that you get only the VIN of the car and the forum can decode the month and year of manufacture for you.

Did a quick search on the internet and found this useful link to find out the manufacturing date of cars using VIN -

https://www.mycarhelpline.com/index....d=38&Itemid=91

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks