Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2021, 11:21   #181
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq Review

This was a massive opportunity to revive some business for Skoda and they have massively goofed up the pricing.

A few months down the line, they will need a rider and rider plus variant to revive sales!

Being Petrol only in a diesel dominated market with a higher price than anticipated, this will sell 1000-1500 max/month.

Honestly the Octavia pricing should have given an idea where Skoda was heading with the pricing for the Kushaq as well, leaving aside localisation as well.

I expect the VW Taigun also to be priced similarly, maybe a few thousands more!

Price check with competitors:
Skoda Kushaq Review-d709485b8b0b47ba9c4ebe7cfb541fd9.jpeg

It’s only the 1.5L TSI that has been priced on par with the Koreans top-end diesel variants. It’s the 1L TSI that has been overpriced by a good 50K-75K.

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 28th June 2021 at 11:40.
CEF_Beasts is online now   (17) Thanks
Old 28th June 2021, 11:22   #182
Senior - BHPian

I think only the entry Active 1L variant is priced well considering the engine and safety kit on offer as standard (well worth the 50k difference over the Creta). The 2 Lakh + jump to the Ambition is 'ambitious' and then there's another 1.8 Lakh jump to the Style.

I still think they will achieve their target of around 2.5 k vehicles per month as there aren't many choices in this hot segment.

Last edited by fiat_tarun : 28th June 2021 at 11:26.
fiat_tarun is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 28th June 2021, 11:22   #183
BHPian

Prices are a bit on the higher side. They should have started it below 10L as introductory pricing atleast, to keep it below the mental barrier of the 10L figure. But let's not ignore the fact that if VAG's past is anything to go by, in terms of safety, build quality and premium-ness, Kushaq/Taigun will be miles ahead of the Koreans.

I think with this pricing, they have made way for Taigun to be the more competitive product and Kushaq will be the premium offering. Some auto channels mentioned that Taigun will undercut Kushaq in terms of pricing. So, may be they will start Taigun at 9.99L.

Skoda is since long trying to position itself as a premium brand. It reflected in the Octavia pricing as well.

Last edited by thehacker : 28th June 2021 at 11:34.
thehacker is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th June 2021, 11:22   #184
BHPian

The pricing is competitive, but not aggressive. Base variant is well priced for what it offers. Undercuts feature equivalent Creta EX by around Rs 50k. 1.0 TSI AT top end undercuts Creta 1.5 Petrol CVT top end by Rs 80k, but then again it loses out on features like panoramic sunroof, powered seats, electric parking brake, digital instrument cluster. Has a smaller capacity engine (but yes, it's a turbo and that too TSI! )

The pricing is decent, but they should've gone more aggressive at the start as this is the most significant product for VAG.There should've been a cheaper base variant without touchscreen, speakers, ambient lighting just like Creta has. It pulls customers from the lower segments as you get a bigger car.
Old 28th June 2021, 11:22   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Skoda Kushaq launched at 10.49 lakhs!

Detailed prices below -

Attachment 2172193
Okay, so the Seltos actually feels VFM now. A missed opportunity from SKODA. A good product let down by overambitious pricing. Reminds me of the Jeep Compass saga. Will sense prevail to the group when they launch the Taigun?

I was really hoping for some solid competition in this segment. Really bored of looking at Seltos's and Cretas' within the family and the friend circle.

Alas! the Korean will continue ruling.
DebarshiSharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2021, 11:23   #186
BHPian

The King has arrived with some royal price tags. Rs. 10 lakh is a kind of some mental barrier that this king has crossed.

Most of the customer in our country do believe in 'bigger is better' and not in 'better is better'.

I can see wicked smiles on the faces of some Koreans.

Last edited by NH08 : 28th June 2021 at 11:25.
Old 28th June 2021, 11:23   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek_hch View Post
There's no comparison between the base versions of the two in terms of features & safety. Also a TC engine here. I think it's aggressive pricing. The base version of Kushaq is even better than the Rs. 11 lac version of Creta in terms of both safety & features.
The base variant of Creta demands longest waiting period and is sold like hot cakes according to various dealers in my location. The base variant pricing is what attracts the crowd. If Skoda is aiming 3-4k units per month, they should have launched it more aggressively.
Old 28th June 2021, 11:24   #188
Senior - BHPian

Wow for 16.7L ex you dont even get 6 airbags while Creta also has panoramic sunroof and few other goodies.. All this while saying its 95% localized
neoonwheels is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 28th June 2021, 11:24   #189
BHPian

Sad pricing, was expecting an AT variant around 15L on road. Only die hard Skoda fans might buy this.
Definitely not going to impact Creta’s sales. With the reviewers having not so good comments about the interiors, this pricing is really disappointing. Skoda missed the trick here.
TheWall is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th June 2021, 11:24   #190
BHPian

Price range is from 10.5-17.6. Now all Skoda fans can rejoice. Fans have got themselves an exclusive car with Kushaq.

It would have been justifiable if they offered premium interiors even though they missed some features. Now what you get is a cheaper looking interiors compared to competition with some key features missing by paying extra.

Cheap items: MID(at-least 10 years old), Roof liners, very cheap plastics on AC vents, unacceptable reverse camera, cut cost on all window auto up/down, cheapest wipers, etc...

Missing features: no Digital instrument cluster, no panoramic glass roof, no electric adjustable seats, no reclining back seats, no 360 degree camera, etc.. etc...

Looks like they cut cost on market research too...

I am wondering how much Taigun GT variant is going to cost.
SBM3J is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 28th June 2021, 11:27   #191
BHPian

The Active seems reasonably priced but the next jump is a bit too much to the Ambition with a difference of 2.3L, which could translate to approximately 2.8-3L OTR. It seems "Less" car for the money.
It might be a good car but definitely not worth the silly part by part reveals by Skoda.
hareshjethwani is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th June 2021, 11:27   #192
BHPian

Not a great start I would say as the pricing is slightly higher (approx 50K to 1L) than what the market was expecting.
Skoda missed to get that instant booking on Day1 as now with this pricing many would want to visit showroom, test drive and then think of booking. Lets see how many booking they will be able to get in the 1st week.

Does anyone has variant wise specifications ?

Last edited by Carz77 : 28th June 2021 at 11:35.
Carz77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2021, 11:28   #193
BHPian

They took 5 years of development and millions of kms of testing, market research, did the so called 95% localization and still didn't understand what sells in India. Skoda have gone and played their premium card, when they are truly out gunned by the competition.

They should have gone the introductory price route and increased it slowly to get their profits, once you have consumer reviews out. It would have given them a chance to survive.

I can live without a car having sunroof, wireless charger or connected tech but sure care about the engineering behind the car. With exposed oil sump/ oil filter, poor fitting seat covers and low rent headliners it doesn't give much confidence that this car would agree well or be trouble free like my 2013 Polo TSI did.

I hope the Taigun undercuts the Kushaq and is priced under 10 lakh atleast, after seeing the poor response Kushaq is expected to receive.

Cheers,
D.

Last edited by Aditya : 28th June 2021 at 19:58. Reason: As requested
delta5 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th June 2021, 11:28   #194
BHPian

Terrible pricing!

Skoda has gotten the pricing wrong again. The Kushaq is such a wonderful and capable car, I was a hundred percent sure that this car would be able to revive the Skoda brand in India. I find no reason to invest approximately 2 million rupees in a car that measures below 4.3 metres. If given an option, I would buy a Creta any day.
Thankfully these prices are not introductory. Even the base model with the 1.0 TSI is overpriced by a lakh. The 1.5 TSI commands one and a half lakhs more than the corresponding 1.0 TSI variant, which isn't exactly cheap. Going by the review on Team-BHP and the videos on YouTube, I would say that the 1.0 TSI makes more sense to buy now.

Thanks,
-Namit S.
PetrolHead2272 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2021, 11:28   #195
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Skoda Kushaq launched at 10.49 lakhs!

Detailed prices below -

Attachment 2172193
The prices do seem on the higher side (even to me) and It would have been better if they had priced the Kushaq 50k-80K less for each variant. Some of the jumps are really substantial, model wise and engine to engine.
Though I will be retaining my booking, I will now most likely go with Ambition 1.0 TSI AT or Style 1.0 TSI AT (Only if the Style has 6 airbags!) I was taken a bit aback that the Manual version of Style has 6 airbags while the AT version has only 2 airbags - as mentioned in some of the Videos. But this still needs to be reconfirmed with some official specs sheets / Brochure, which till now just has not been made available! Waiting to see the final spec sheet to take a call.
Behemoth is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks