Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2021, 20:15   #1996
BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jatin247 View Post
Hello everyone,
We are on the verge of replacing our old trusted 2013 Swift Dzire with a new car and as an enthusiast I would love to get Kushaq or Slavia (waiting for price reveal).
Our only concern is fuel efficiency, their is no fixed running it can be 500kms or even 2000+ kms a month.
Can you guys give me a rough idea of what mileage can I expect in heavy bumper to bumper traffic in city like Delhi?
Thankyou.
For fuel economy you can read this thread backwards, many members who own kushaq have reported fuel economy figures. On highway the engine is efficient, many people have reported consumption figures of 18-20 kmpl. But still it varies from person to person, your speed, how fast you accelerate, no of stops, Road conditions, ac use etc.

But when we are talking about bumper to bumper condition, it's always going to be under 10 kmpl, users can give you accurate data here. Why don't you look at electric cars if range is manageable?
yesyeswe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2021, 21:08   #1997
BHPian

Finally booked a Kushaq 1.0 MT Ambition in Red color. I managed to get a total discount of 75k including corporate discount. I am taking the insurance outside as there is a huge difference. Dealer said I might get the vehicle(mostly Nov or Dec manufactured) by end of this month. Took the Skoda Maintenance package and On road cost came to 14.17lakhs without the insurance.
ramsudhir is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th December 2021, 21:22   #1998
BHPian

Finally decided to take the plunge! I said to myself, "What the heck!? Just get that 1.5 man, YOLO!". Also, it might as well be the last chance for me to get an IC engine car, considering I would keep it for at least 8 years.

So, went ahead and booked a RED 1.5 yesterday, did the pre-reg inspection of the car in the yard today. The VIN seemed to indicate a manufacturing month of October. All set to get the car delivered this Friday or Monday.

Bargained hard, and finally managed an OTR of 19.14L with Mini Acc. kit (in Chennai). (The price doesn't include Ext. Warranty & Service pack)

Started with a budget of 11-12L, went to 14-16L, and ended up close to 20L. Hopefully I won't regret this decision!

Last edited by ridehard : 15th December 2021 at 21:23.
ridehard is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 15th December 2021, 21:55   #1999
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridehard View Post
Finally decided to take the plunge! I said to myself, "What the heck!? Just get that 1.5 man, YOLO!". Also, it might as well be the last chance for me to get an IC engine car, considering I would keep it for at least 8 years.

So, went ahead and booked a RED 1.5 yesterday, did the pre-reg inspection of the car in the yard today. The VIN seemed to indicate a manufacturing month of October. All set to get the car delivered this Friday or Monday.

Bargained hard, and finally managed an OTR of 19.14L with Mini Acc. kit (in Chennai). (The price doesn't include Ext. Warranty & Service pack)

Started with a budget of 11-12L, went to 14-16L, and ended up close to 20L. Hopefully I won't regret this decision!
Congratulations on booking your red beauty. May I know from which dealer you booked,and where is their stock yard. I myself booked my 1.5Ltr Mt red last week, but decided to take delivery only in Jan. I paid the booking amount. Total on road price 19.34L(chennai) including Smp.
Rjeevan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2021, 22:21   #2000
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjeevan View Post
Congratulations on booking your red beauty. May I know from which dealer you booked,and where is their stock yard. I myself booked my 1.5Ltr Mt red last week, but decided to take delivery only in Jan. I paid the booking amount. Total on road price 19.34L(chennai) including Smp.
Congrats to you too!
Gurudev, Teynampet. And the stockyard is in Ambattur.
ridehard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2021, 22:26   #2001
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations!

Hope you thermal insulate the cabin to the fullest! You know what I mean.
Old 15th December 2021, 23:33   #2002
BHPian

I have two questions.

1. Is the Auto Start/Stop feature not available in 1.0 AT? The button where this exists (next to the driver seat ventilation button) in the media pictures is a blank in my car (Style AT 1.0 6 airbags). I am super confused as to why this feature would be missing in the top trim. Or is this a manual only feature?

2. My second question is about the three beeps (audio notification) that seems to indicate a gear shift. It is super annoying. I was able to turn the notification volume down by turning the navigation volume down. But has anyone figure out what the sound actually is, and how to turn it off?

Last edited by msnarain : 15th December 2021 at 23:58.
Old 16th December 2021, 07:02   #2003
BHPian

Quote:
Finally decided to take the plunge! I said to myself, "What the heck!? Just get that 1.5 man, YOLO!".

Congratulations mate. Welcome to the Kushaq family. That 1.5 will put a smile on your face everytime you drive it; city or highway. I went through the same conundrum, starting with Kicks and finally chancing upon Kushaq. Now I just can't stop driving . You won't regret owning the 1.5.

Is it a coincidence that I got the same car, same model, same variant, same colour from the same dealership branch?

Congratulations again mate.
Old 16th December 2021, 07:46   #2004
BHPian

Quote:

I did the same thing I was fixed on 1.0 MT and then booked the 1.5 MT (Red) because why the hell not?! Didn't want to regret later. Got ONR of 18.9 lakh including insurance and maintenance package. I took the insurance from the dealer itself which was surprisingly the lowest quote, 38k for entire ex-showroom IDV and other add-ons.

Btw, did you notice any PIN sticker on the car? Mine had one on the front right fender, just above the wheel arch. It had May 2021 on it but the VIN is of December
amey027 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th December 2021, 08:54   #2005
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramsudhir View Post
Finally booked a Kushaq 1.0 MT Ambition in Red color. I managed to get a total discount of 75k including corporate discount. I am taking the insurance outside as there is a huge difference. Dealer said I might get the vehicle(mostly Nov or Dec manufactured) by end of this month. Took the Skoda Maintenance package and On road cost came to 14.17lakhs without the insurance.
Congratulations! You got a great value for the car. I love the Kushaq in red, though my family has differing views so had to settle for Carbon Steel!
NikhilosKage is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th December 2021, 09:30   #2006
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amey027 View Post
Finally did the PDI on my red beauty...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramsudhir View Post
Finally booked a Kushaq 1.0 MT Ambition in Red color...
Quote:
Finally decided to take the plunge! I said to myself, "What the heck!? Just get that 1.5 man, YOLO!"...
Well, it looks the Kushaq fam is slowly but surely picking up in strength. Good for your guys! And here's to the happy miles ahead!
rideon74 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th December 2021, 10:05   #2007
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msnarain View Post
I have two questions.

1. Is the Auto Start/Stop feature not available in 1.0 AT? The button where this exists (next to the driver seat ventilation button) in the media pictures is a blank in my car (Style AT 1.0 6 airbags). I am super confused as to why this feature would be missing in the top trim. Or is this a manual only feature?

2. My second question is about the three beeps (audio notification) that seems to indicate a gear shift. It is super annoying. I was able to turn the notification volume down by turning the navigation volume down. But has anyone figure out what the sound actually is, and how to turn it off?
Could you elaborate on which auto start/stop button you're referring to and what's it for? There isn't any such option on my Style 1.0L MT either...

As for that pesky gear shift notification - I tried everything to switch it off. But no go. There's no mention of how to turn it off in the manual either. It really is very, very annoying - especially when it breaks into the flow of the music being played

If any of the fellow Kushaq owners have found a work around, do share and earn eternal thanks.
Old 16th December 2021, 11:28   #2008
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eccentric View Post
Congratulations!
Hope you thermal insulate the cabin to the fullest! You know what I mean.
Sorry, I don't follow. Can you elaborate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunramaswamy View Post
Congratulations mate. Welcome to the Kushaq family. That 1.5 will put a smile on your face everytime you drive it; city or highway. I went through the same conundrum, starting with Kicks and finally chancing upon Kushaq. Now I just can't stop driving . You won't regret owning the 1.5.

Is it a coincidence that I got the same car, same model, same variant, same colour from the same dealership branch?
Thanks mate!
Yeah, we went on a similar path. Starting with the Kicks, to the Kushaq 1.0 and then to the 1.5! I almost locked down the Kicks, but couldn't convince myself in the end to go for a slightly outdated model, which might get phased out next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amey027 View Post
I did the same thing I was fixed on 1.0 MT and then booked the 1.5 MT (Red) because why the hell not?! Didn't want to regret later. Got ONR of 18.9 lakh including insurance and maintenance package. I took the insurance from the dealer itself which was surprisingly the lowest quote, 38k for entire ex-showroom IDV and other add-ons.

Btw, did you notice any PIN sticker on the car? Mine had one on the front right fender, just above the wheel arch. It had May 2021 on it but the VIN is of December
Congrats mate! That's a damn good price you got, that too being in Bangalore!
My dealer wasn't ready to budge below 19.24, and then had to play my last hand to get another 10k off
No, I don't think I saw a sticker there. Although the paper stuck on the windshield seemed to have a date mentioned like "05 - 2021". Not sure what it means!
ridehard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2021, 11:50   #2009
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry, I don't follow. Can you elaborate?
Applying sunfilms on the glass area is what I meant. 3M CR70 on the windscreen and RE35 on the sides and rear would be my pick of the lot.

Again, average A/C performance wouldn't matter much when you'd be grinning by that 1.5 TSI though.

@arunramaswamy Is your ownership review ready?
eccentric is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th December 2021, 12:16   #2010
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideon74 View Post
Could you elaborate on which auto start/stop button you're referring to and what's it for? There isn't any such option on my Style 1.0L MT either...
Here are screenshots from Faisal Khan's review. You will see the auto start/stop button next to the driver seat ventilation button. I found the button in his review of the 1.5 manual, but not in the 1.0 manual. I am assuming both cars he reviewed were the Style trim because both had sunroofs.

Maybe it's a feature exclusive to the 1.5. Can any 1.5 owner confirm please?

Skoda Kushaq Review-skodakushaq1.5autofkhan.png
1.5 manual

Skoda Kushaq Review-skodakushaq1.0manualfkhan.png
1.0 manual
msnarain is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks