Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2021, 11:29   #196
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)
Re: Skoda Kushaq Review

Anything on variant wise features? I might book AT 1L ambition variant if only “good to have” features (sunroof, ventilated seats, wireless charging, 17” alloy, etc) are missing on it. If I consider style variant then I might end up going for 1.5 DSG which is not VFM for this car at this price.
Old 28th June 2021, 11:29   #197
BHPian

I see the Kushaq going the normal Skoda way. Overpriced by half a lakh atleast, and we'll see discounts kicking on this 6 months down the line.

Also, quite curious that unlike other car launches, where we get to see the pictures of the car in dealer stockyards in lower variants too a couple of days before the launch, we don't have anything for the Kushaq yet. Or am I missing something? I hope the car has reached the dealers.
Old 28th June 2021, 11:30   #198
BHPian

Dead on arrival ☠️. Skoda has once again messed up with the pricing. How can the launch 1.5 tsi AT for 17.6 lacs ex showroom when the bigger VW T ROC CBU was launched last yr for 19.99 lacs.!! Seems ridiculous to me.

My polo turbo edition costed me on road 7.32 lacs which I’ve once again realised today that what a steal deal it was !
divyadeeptsi is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 28th June 2021, 11:30   #199
BHPian

And here it goes off our list!

Well done, Skoda. After two decades in India, you deserve to be where you are - at the bottom of the sales chart.

Hyundai Kia group are celebrating Kushaq prices as their offerings are suddenly looking more VFM than ever.
Col Mehta is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 28th June 2021, 11:31   #200
BHPian

I think its unfair to expect European build qualities at prices which are lower than the Koreans knowing how they fair in the NCAP. Unless this car scores less than 4 stars in the NCAP, its still good pricing. And as per the review except the seat covers, and head liners which as GTO mentioned can be replaced aftermarket, the car feels solidly built with typical Skoda quality which is much better than the competition. And the driving experience is definitely better than the competition as well according to the review.

July like the polo never went head on with Maruti or Hyundai in terms of features, or even in space, but it was still and even today is a drivers delight and the best built car in its class. We want them to bring the new Polo to India which is priced in between 15-20 lacs in many countries and if they ever do we will want it to compete in pricing with Baleno and still provide the same build quality and engines they do internationally which is totally unrealistic. Thats why they said it doesn't make business sense to launch it in India.

Probably they will eventually offer some discounts or warranty packs with the car when the initial demand cools off and they will be able to achieve their target of 3k units a month with this car as their base variants are also well equipped feature wise and can compete with the next to base variant of competition.

Last edited by BlackPearl : 28th June 2021 at 15:20. Reason: Minor typo. Thanks.
prateekchanana is offline   (31) Thanks
Old 28th June 2021, 11:32   #201
Senior - BHPian

Skoda Kushaq Review-kushaq1.jpg

Skoda Kushaq Review-kushaq2.jpg

Skoda Kushaq Review-kushaq3.jpg
abhishek46 is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 28th June 2021, 11:36   #202
Distinguished - BHPian

For a brand that is trying a footing in this market with so many hurdles to its brand ( hit/miss A.S.S, parts availability, reliability, pricing etc.) this pricing is over ambitious. (+ by 1.5 lakhs variant-variant)

When the hype settles down this will do at most ~ 1500 copies /month in the first year.

They fail to understand this segment have a couple more promising SUV's bound to launch next year and Kushaq would fade away slowly .

VW Taigun if priced similarly or more will have the same fate awaiting them too.

Skoda Kushaq Review-1.jpg

Last edited by volkman10 : 28th June 2021 at 11:57.
volkman10 is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 28th June 2021, 11:37   #203
BHPian

Great detailed and exhaustive review as usual, many thanks to the team!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiragM View Post
Recommended tyre pressure is 33 PSI all-round:
If I am reading it right, it says 38 PSI front and 46 PSI rear with full load, and the same for the spare. This difference is big and significantly different than what other similar vehicles mention, for example - the Creta (official review/specs)

Quote:
Recommended tyre pressure is 33 PSI all-round (35 PSI with a full load of passengers and luggage)
Link (Hyundai Creta : Official Review)

Last edited by SchrödingersCar : 28th June 2021 at 11:44.
SchrödingersCar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th June 2021, 11:38   #204
Team-BHP Support

Damn it man! Was expecting a Rapid Rider kind of pricing considering this is an extremely price-sensitive segment, the 90% localisation levels and the Kushaq considered to be Skoda’s first entry level crossover. The Koreans would laugh all the way to the bank.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 28th June 2021 at 11:39.
Gannu_1 is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 28th June 2021, 11:40   #205
Senior - BHPian

Please note the cost of the 1.5 DSG is NOT 17.59 lakhs.

You have to add a compulsory additional cost of 3 lakhs (2 lakhs for DSG repair PLUS 1 lakh for delays, mixups, other unrelated damages to car while in the ASS, loss of peace of mind).

So the cost of the 1.5 DSG would be 20.59 lakhs ++.

Remember, there are only 2 things certain in life - taxes and DSG repairs.
AMG Power is offline   (69) Thanks
Old 28th June 2021, 11:41   #206
BHPian

Brochure is incomplete. Does not contain variant wise feature distribution. This launch looks like Harrier's 1.0 attempt. I have a feeling we will soon see Kushaq 2.0 in few months. Oh I forgot, It is already planned as VW Taigun
Attached Files
File Type: pdf kushaq-new-brochure (1).pdf (4.23 MB, 611 views)
bwildrd#1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th June 2021, 11:41   #207
Team-BHP Support

Skoda Kushaq Review-screenshot-20210628-11.36.09-am.png
  • Ambition carries a 2.3L ex-showroom premium over the Active
  • Style carries a 1.8 L ex-showroom premium over Ambition
  • The 6 speed torque converter carries a premium of 1.4 lakhs over MT in the Ambition variant, but only 1.2 lakhs in the Style variant!
  • 1.5 TSi engine carries a premium of 1.6 lakhs over the 1.0!
  • 1.5 TSI DSG carries a premium of 1.8 lakhs over the 1.0 TSI AT.

Pricing against the competition (Variant distribution is not listed in the brochure. Hence just an assumption here) -

Skoda Kushaq Review-screenshot-20210628-11.13.13-am.png

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 28th June 2021 at 11:46.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (35) Thanks
Old 28th June 2021, 11:45   #208
Team-BHP Support

I was going to reply that this thread has been on fire and has crossed the Alcazar in views and replies even though it was out 24 hours later. But I decided to wait for the pricing.

Expected but somewhat disappointing, Skoda has priced the Kushaq at a premium.

Skoda knows buyers are ready to pay premium for the badge. The Kodiaq was overpriced but you will never complain paying more after 5 years cause you get such a nicer product.

The same applies here. Buyers only have the Koreans to choose from, and Skoda knows that with their brand, their better dynamics, solid build, people will be ready to pay a premium over the Kia and Hyundai.

Would I buy a Seltos, Creta over the Kushaq just for the pano roof, electric seats, 360 camera. Nope. I would prefer the Euro feel, euro brand and engineering vs the Koreans. And most definitely a lot safer car.

The 1.5L DSG is 10K lesser than Creta and 15K more than Seltos 1.4L DCT. It's steep but it's a price that Skoda knows they can get away with.

Personally the ex showroom should be 16L max for the top end so it's 1.5L more than what I would expect.
Vid6639 is offline   (44) Thanks
Old 28th June 2021, 11:47   #209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG Power View Post
Please note the cost of the 1.5 DSG is NOT 17.59 lakhs.

You have to add a compulsory additional cost of 3 lakhs (2 lakhs for DSG repair PLUS 1 lakh for delays, mixups, other unrelated damages to car while in the ASS, loss of peace of mind).

So the cost of the 1.5 DSG would be 20.59 lakhs ++.

Remember, there are only 2 things certain in life - taxes and DSG repairs.
Wouldn't the same apply for DCT variants of Creta or Seltos?
AnandB is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 28th June 2021, 11:48   #210
Senior - BHPian

I knew this. After the horrendous pricing of Kodiaq and Octavia, this was incoming. What kind of market research do these guys at Skoda and Citroen? (yes haven't still forgotten the horribly priced C5 Aircross)

Can't they learn something from MG and Kia? Disappointed to say the least, and I am sure Skoda's vision 2.0 is going to flop in a royal manner.
07CR is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks