Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2022, 20:42   #2086
BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq Review

I got a query for fellow BHPians who own a Kushaq.

I got a 1.5 TSI Style MT. In the recent few days I've noticed that the door opening request sensor doesn't respond after a long period of closing the door with the remote locking.

However, once opened with the remote key, it starts accepting the request sensor unlock/lock.

Is it an anomaly or not?
Old 3rd January 2022, 08:45   #2087

Quote:
Originally Posted by KapilD View Post
I got a query for fellow BHPians who own a Kushaq.

I got a 1.5 TSI Style MT. In the recent few days I've noticed that the door opening request sensor doesn't respond after a long period of closing the door with the remote locking.

However, once opened with the remote key, it starts accepting the request sensor unlock/lock.

Is it an anomaly or not?
Seems an issue. Mine works fine. Get it checked at the service center.
Deepak Ramani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2022, 09:49   #2088
BHPian

Quote:
...In the recent few days I've noticed that the door opening request sensor doesn't respond after a long period of closing the door with the remote locking. However, once opened with the remote key, it starts accepting the request sensor unlock/lock.

Is it an anomaly or not?
Definitely an issue that needs a rectification by the SVC. Mine works fine too.
rideon74 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2022, 11:42   #2089
BHPian

Got my door beadings replaced under warranty on Jan 1 and the noise from door beadings are gone thankfully.

There was also a rattling noise from the dashboard console and this has been solved as well. They'd written 'console trim removal and re-fitment' in the job card closure details. Upon enquiry, the manager explained the it was a wire tie that was rattling against the dash inner.

Being pressed for time thanks to a project deadline, I zipped back home and left the car untouched till yesterday evening. It was then that I found both the rear windows travel with considerable resistance after about three-quarters upwards. I very rarely roll down the windows while driving within the city limits, so I was oblivious to this on my drive back.

Somehow it didn't occur to me to roll the windows up and down at least once during the TD or before leaving the SVC. The TD was done with the windows up, AC off and a short drive with all our focus on the door beading & dashboard.

The left side rear window sends out quite a bit of creaking noise while closing. The right side one suffers silently. Along with this setback, this was also found:

Skoda Kushaq Review-kushaqrhs.jpg
Note the clarity through the right rear window

Skoda Kushaq Review-kushaqlhs.jpg
Lube not cleaned off the inner felt beading = greasy glass pane of the left rear window

The strained window travel might require only a re-alignment of the beadings there and the lube can be cleaned off of course, but requires removing the door panel. Nothing complicated but surely these should have been checked by the SVC guys (or myself) before delivery.

So I now have a unwanted 1 hour drive back to the SVC (again) and I'm supposed to leave the vehicle till the next day (again) + a repeat of the the same in reverse order to get the car back.

Can't help but re-iterate the point I'd mentioned earlier: if anyone is being offered an immediate delivery from a batch earlier than December, do yourself a favour and say no-thank-you. Just get one from the latest batch.
rideon74 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2022, 14:35   #2090
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideon74 View Post
Got my door beadings replaced under warranty on Jan 1 and the noise from door beadings are gone thankfully.

So I now have a unwanted 1 hour drive back to the SVC (again) and I'm supposed to leave the vehicle till the next day (again) + a repeat of the the same in reverse order to get the car back.
Ouch !! That hurts

I wonder why it takes 1 day. My one was completed in a couple of hours. Anyways, the more care they take the better. Don’t want repetitive visits.

Also, note from another owner who has had a replacement under warranty:
Please check the door handle alignment as well before leaving. My one has a minor misaligned door handle grab on the driver side. Effect of uninstall and reinstall of the door panels

I’ll have it redone this weekend when I go for the request sensor diagnostics and 1500 km oil change (of my own).
KapilD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2022, 15:09   #2091
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideon74 View Post
The strained window travel might require only a re-alignment of the beadings there and the lube can be cleaned off of course, but requires removing the door panel. Nothing complicated but surely these should have been checked by the SVC guys (or myself) before delivery.

Thanks for this heads-up. I am planning to take my car for the beading replacement sometime this week, will ensure to check the window before taking the car from svc.

-== 1100KMs Odo Update ==-
Went on a road trip to Yercaud for the holidays. Did around 800Kms overall. Listing out some points observed,
  • On the highways with good roads, it was a bliss to drive. The ride is almost perfectly balanced, and it was a delight to take the curves at high speeds (it just remains planted all the way through).
  • No shortage of power and torque, pulls in any gear (provided you're above 1400rpm)
  • On the hills the 1.5 really came in handy. It managed most of the roads effortlessly on 2nd and 3rd gears. Only in some very steep curves/slopes, had to drop in to the 1st. It performed better than the 1.5 Honda TD I used to drive before
  • I realized for the first time that the MT also comes with Hill-Hold. It made the drive on hills so much more convenient and stress-free
  • After riding diesels extensively, the NVH levels of the 1.5Tsi was scarily quiet. It made the highway experience so much more relaxing
  • The car takes on bad patches and small potholes with ease, and glides through, without a change in composure
  • The audio system was great. It has a nice sound stage, good bass (a bit boomy). Only the rear speakers lack the punch (planning to replace them with my old Alpine coaxials)
Some bad bits,
  • The car crashes into some mid sized and large potholes with a thud (Even with the UC6 there is not much improvements here)
  • Door Rattle/squeak - It got so bad over the course of the trip. Luckily the audio system was able to mask it to a good extent. (SVC has agreed to replace the beading after I took them on a TD)
  • There might be some dash rattles as well, but hard to isolate because of the door rattles (will look at it more keenly after fixing the door rattles)
  • Had some niggles with wireless Android Auto couple of times, where it would just fail to connect, no matter we do. And then starts to work magically the next time I turn the ignition on
Some pics from the property I stayed at. It got super foggy/misty on the last 2 days of the trip.

Skoda Kushaq Review-7lue2t1.jpg

Skoda Kushaq Review-c6eoc7o.jpg

Skoda Kushaq Review-jqcih9g.jpg
ridehard is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2022, 16:34   #2092
BHPian

All Kushaq customers who purchased variants other than the active variant and who paid a higher price for the Skoda Maintenance Package to get after sales services worth the difference amount. Screenshots of conversation with Zac Hollis below.
Name:  zachollis.png
Views: 1349
Size:  43.1 KB
nimblemaster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2022, 17:36   #2093
BHPian

Quote:
Ouch !! That hurts..I wonder why it takes 1 day. My one was completed in a couple of hours. Anyways, the more care they take the better. Don’t want repetitive visits...Please check the door handle alignment as well before leaving. My one has a minor misaligned door handle grab on the driver side. Effect of uninstall and reinstall of the door panels...I’ll have it redone this weekend when I go for the request sensor diagnostics and 1500 km oil change (of my own).
It sure is a pain! And I'm clueless as to why every visit is turning into a one full day affair. As you'd rightly mentioned, it's just a 2 hour job max. With other scheduled work targets to manage in parallel, a half day would've been reasonable.

Anyways, thanks much for the heads up on the door handle alignment. Besides that, I know I'm going to be extra careful about checking all related elements this time around.

Cheers!
Old 4th January 2022, 14:02   #2094
BHPian

I was cleaning the car last weekend and happened to look at the various parts manufacturing places out of curiosity and here is what I found. Thought of sharing with the fellow BHPians

It’s on my 1.5 TSI MT.

Most of the car is made in India and there are many tags for Made in India but we knew that!

Skoda Kushaq Review-b4413d08097d4366bd1374badeef0f4c.jpeg

Now!

Made in Germany

Skoda Kushaq Review-9db19e93b0b7471b8b9314149a8f486e.jpeg
Skoda Kushaq Review-50cbe38ca9a545a289617bd1f665bc2d.jpeg
Skoda Kushaq Review-100732f237da40738058524ad1fb05c2.jpeg

Made in Turkey

Skoda Kushaq Review-eeb5c267547a4419b4c2c0ca8b8508fe.jpeg

Made in Romania

Skoda Kushaq Review-e41f6151a2b84cccbf8e8d932a2221fc.jpeg

If I find something more interesting I shall share, till then safe driving
KapilD is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 4th January 2022, 22:03   #2095
BHPian

Has anyone got 7D floor mats on? Any good online/offline source?
And does it fit well and work without intrusions for the driver?
Old 5th January 2022, 10:01   #2096
BHPian

Any news on Monte Carlo or L&K variants?
Old 5th January 2022, 10:56   #2097
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridehard View Post
Has anyone got 7D floor mats on? Any good online/offline source?
And does it fit well and work without intrusions for the driver?
I haven’t found any and am doing with the OEM ones.

I had been using mats by 3D on my 2014 Polo which are very good with full Velcro under the mat and had enquired with them but being a new car they haven’t scanned it yet. I’m still searching for good ones.

Let me know if you have any other good brands in mind.
Old 5th January 2022, 11:58   #2098
BHPian

Kushaq's revised price list for chennai.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Kushaq Review-kushaqprice_jan2022converted1__01__02__01__01.jpg  

Rjeevan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2022, 16:26   #2099
BHPian

does anyone know if you can upgrade your tyres while purchasing the kushaq ? I would love to upgrade to Continental UC6 right off the bat.

Also - does anyone know if we can buy an additional alloy + tyre ? i want a full size spare tyre for highways and not the small sized one.
Old 5th January 2022, 16:41   #2100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbyte View Post
does anyone know if you can upgrade your tyres while purchasing the kushaq ? I would love to upgrade to Continental UC6 right off the bat.

Also - does anyone know if we can buy an additional alloy + tyre ? i want a full size spare tyre for highways and not the small sized one.
You can but car salesroom has limited option. It is recommended that you get it done from a reputed tyres dealer (with right equipment which doesn't scratch your alloy) right after you get the car from the dealer. The more miles you put on the tyre the lesser you get in exchange.

Of course, you can buy extra alloy and tyre, given your storage space in the garage. People sometimes keep 4 extra slick wheels for the race track

However, please note - the circumference of the new alloy + tyre should not exceed approx 2% of the current one. It affects a lot of variable. I prefer to keep it around 1%.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks