Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2022, 16:49   #2101
BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by KapilD View Post
You can but car salesroom has limited option. It is recommended that you get it done from a reputed tyres dealer (with right equipment which doesn't scratch your alloy) right after you get the car from the dealer. The more miles you put on the tyre the lesser you get in exchange.

Of course, you can buy extra alloy and tyre, given your storage space in the garage. People sometimes keep 4 extra slick wheels for the race track

However, please note - the circumference of the new alloy + tyre should not exceed approx 2% of the current one. It affects a lot of variable. I prefer to keep it around 1%.
hey thanks for your reply. I wasnt able to understand the 2% or 1% answer.

I was told that the Ambition variants get a 15 inch spare tyre (not alloy) for temporary usage upto 50km. I wanted to get the normal 16 inch alloy and a tyre, so that i can simply swap the tyre and drive normally for a long time. is that not possible ?
Old 5th January 2022, 17:04   #2102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbyte View Post
hey thanks for your reply. I wasnt able to understand the 2% or 1% answer.

I was told that the Ambition variants get a 15 inch spare tyre (not alloy) for temporary usage upto 50km. I wanted to get the normal 16 inch alloy and a tyre, so that i can simply swap the tyre and drive normally for a long time. is that not possible ?
If you go to for any upsizing, then this 2% rule is applicable. You can find more info on sites like tyrestore.in/upsizing.htm

If you are going for same size tyre as OEM then don’t bother about the rule. It’s ok.

Now for the spare wheel, you need to pay extra for the alloy and the bigger size tyre from the showroom.

The spare we get is limited to 80kmph speed and for temporary use only. Never treat this as a replacement for your standard alloy. So, your decision for getting a full-size wheel as spare is a good option.
KapilD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2022, 23:08   #2103
BHPian

Quote:
I haven’t found any and am doing with the OEM ones.

I had been using mats by 3D on my 2014 Polo which are very good with full Velcro under the mat and had enquired with them but being a new car they haven’t scanned it yet. I’m still searching for good ones.

Let me know if you have any other good brands in mind.
For 7D I have no idea about any good brands. I found a couple of AutoFurnish 7D mats online. The brand's products have satisfactory reviews on Amazon.

Economy - ₹4699

Luxury - ₹6990

And a 5D one too. I'm wondering if we can use the Skoda rubber mats on top of these 5D mats.
5D - ₹3499
Old 6th January 2022, 01:59   #2104
BHPian

Has anyone bought the silver color of the kushaq ? I haven't been able to see one in person.
And the dealers are projecting delays in silver version.

Seems silver is very polarizing - people love it a lot or hate it.

my thoughts here ?
Old 6th January 2022, 10:06   #2105
BHPian

Quote:
Has anyone bought the silver color of the kushaq ? I haven't been able to see one in person...Seems silver is very polarizing - people love it a lot or hate it.
Many moons ago, there was a silver Kushaq just infront of me while I was driving around the city. This was during my decision making period of which car to finalize upon. To get a closer look, I snaked my way through the traffic and got a good look at the side view as well.

Somehow, the silver felt like a very bland colour for the Kushaq. I remember this much.

Perhaps a lot of other potential buyers feel the same and hence the rarity of Silver colour Kushaqs on the road?

Last edited by rideon74 : 6th January 2022 at 10:14.
rideon74 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2022, 11:00   #2106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideon74 View Post
Many moons ago, there was a silver Kushaq just infront of me while I was driving around the city. This was during my decision making period of which car to finalize upon. To get a closer look, I snaked my way through the traffic and got a good look at the side view as well.

Somehow, the silver felt like a very bland colour for the Kushaq. I remember this much.

Perhaps a lot of other potential buyers feel the same and hence the rarity of Silver colour Kushaqs on the road?
thanks for your candid answer. I felt the same way. Also probably why skoda themselves have very long waiting times for silver - maybe deprioritised during manufacturing.

Quote:
If you go to for any upsizing, then this 2% rule is applicable. You can find more info on sites like tyrestore.in/upsizing.htm

If you are going for same size tyre as OEM then don’t bother about the rule. It’s ok.

Now for the spare wheel, you need to pay extra for the alloy and the bigger size tyre from the showroom.

The spare we get is limited to 80kmph speed and for temporary use only. Never treat this as a replacement for your standard alloy. So, your decision for getting a full-size wheel as spare is a good option.
I just got a quote of 9100 for the alloy and 10,000 INR for the tyre (apollo or mrf). I'm thinking of just getting the alloy and getting my own tyres. It seems very expensive for the price. Anyone else have quotes for a spare alloy of the 16 inch kushaq?

Last edited by silverbyte : 6th January 2022 at 11:02.
Old 6th January 2022, 11:37   #2107
BHPian

Quote:
thanks for your candid answer. I felt the same way. Also probably why skoda themselves have very long waiting times for silver - maybe deprioritised during manufacturing.

I just got a quote of 9100 for the alloy and 10,000 INR for the tyre (apollo or mrf). I'm thinking of just getting the alloy and getting my own tyres. It seems very expensive for the price. Anyone else have quotes for a spare alloy of the 16 inch kushaq?
The silver doesn’t stand out. The chrome doesn’t add any bling or premium feel either. Gets lost in trying to mix silver with more silver

MRF or Apollo at 10k is a daylight loot. You can get a Michelin Primacy ST4 at the same price with the exchange of your spare rubber. Now for the alloys, it’s difficult to say as you would need to maintain the design sync between the other 4 and options are limited to showroom only

You got better alloy options outside at cheaper price. May be a BHPian from your location comment on procuring OEM alloy from aftermarket seller?
Old 6th January 2022, 12:18   #2108
BHPian

Quote:
Seems silver is very polarizing - people love it a lot or hate it.
My personal preference for Kushaq would be Carbon steel just because I appreciate that unique shade of paint. Owning a darker shade has its benefits, that immense love after a quick wash + wax which brings about the depth of the paint is unparalleled!

However, I have begun to realise that a darker shade just masks the size of the car and conceals the character lines, haunches, cuts and creases of the sheet metal. To me silver is the top color which brilliantly pronounces the aforementioned attributes.

Yes, I have seen a Kushaq in silver shade but during a rainy, dusky evening. It is the most beautiful shade in a Kushaq I believe! That luster from the paint coupled with the powerful DRL had a very tranquil effect. Apart from that, it is not the silver you see on Marutis', this one belongs with that shade of W212 E-class (strictly my opinion).

Kushaq may lose the road presence due to it's dimensions but it claws its way back by those DRL's and the richness of paint!
eccentric is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th January 2022, 16:30   #2109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridehard View Post
Has anyone got 7D floor mats on? Any good online/offline source?
And does it fit well and work without intrusions for the driver?
I bought 7D mats from auto furnish for my Kushaq and installed them myself yesterday. They seem to be of good quality and were not obstructing me in anyway while driving. This was the observation from the short drive I went to after installing them. I will let you know if I face any issues in future. It costed me 6490/-. Here are some pictures

Skoda Kushaq Review-whatsapp-image-20220105-12.55.40-pm-1.jpeg

Skoda Kushaq Review-whatsapp-image-20220105-12.55.40-pm-2.jpeg

Skoda Kushaq Review-whatsapp-image-20220105-12.55.40-pm.jpeg
ramsudhir is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2022, 16:39   #2110
Senior - BHPian

Skoda sales for December 2021 stood at 3,234 units, compared to 1,303 units sold in December 2020, resulting in a 148% increase in the monthly sales volume.

Skoda Kushaq Review-20220106_163643.jpg

Kushaq has contributed to over 60% of the overall sales volumes for the year 2021.

Source : Skoda India

Last edited by ajmat : 6th January 2022 at 20:13.
Venkatesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2022, 18:12   #2111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Skoda Kushaq sales for December 2021 stood at 3,234 units, compared to 1,303 units sold in December 2020, resulting in a 148% increase in the monthly sales volume. Kushaq has contributed to over 60% of the overall sales volumes for the year 2021.
Isn't that Skoda India total sales numbers and not Kushaq exclusively?
Old 6th January 2022, 19:12   #2112
Senior - BHPian

Skoda India to launch new top-spec Kushaq Monte Carlo trim in 2022.

Name:  20220106050034_Skoda_Kushaq.jpg
Views: 1153
Size:  118.5 KB

Source
Venkatesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th January 2022, 19:15   #2113

Hi, followup from my previous post. I eventually got a December manufactured Kushaq which was delivered yesterday. One thing I noticed on my short drive, that while playing radio on the ICE the sound quality is not that great(can’t feel the bass). I have put the equaliser on Rock which is present in the audio settings. The quality is definitely good when I use Apple music due to loseless audio. Did anyone else notice this?

In comparison my dad’s Nexon has better quality while playing radio.

Btw I have style variant with the subwoofer. Below is the pic. I asked them not to put any ribbons n flowers to which they happily obliged
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Kushaq Review-b4d0d5daafec4b5fad62771812b07b1d.jpeg  

Last edited by 2wheelerhoot : 6th January 2022 at 19:33.
2wheelerhoot is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th January 2022, 20:56   #2114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramsudhir View Post
I bought 7D mats from auto furnish for my Kushaq and installed them myself yesterday. They seem to be of good quality and were not obstructing me in anyway while driving. This was the observation from the short drive I went to after installing them. I will let you know if I face any issues in future. It costed me 6490/-. Here are some pictures
Thanks for the pics mate! They quality and looks seems decent enough.
I have ordered the Black 5D ones, as I didn't want the noodles layer on top.
ridehard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2022, 21:06   #2115
BHPian

Even I did not like them but luckily they can be removed. I ordered seeing the pic where that noodles layer was black in color but what I received was red in color.

Most Viewed