Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2022, 16:35   #2131
BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by anto1212 View Post
Is it possible to get Style variant alloys on ambition? Gurudev Motors Chennai informed that they won't do it and it will void the warranty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
Surprising!
Most dealers would be happy to sell you a set of alloys and overpriced tyres!

If you stick to the same tyre size of the Style, it ideally shouldn't be an issue since you're using OE Skoda Alloys and Manufactured recommended tyre pressure.
If you want to stay on the safe side, best to write to Skoda directly and ask them. They're pretty decent about responding.
Yes surprising. I was just curious and asked the sales advisor who sold me my 1.5 Style, and the figure I got was 60K for a set of 4. Now, why would the dealer not want to make such money
KapilD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2022, 17:26   #2132

The only ostensible reason would be the 16' Ambition vis-a-vis the 17' Style.
MID would be configured for 16' in Ambition - that would be impacted would not it be?
Old 10th January 2022, 21:19   #2133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideon74 View Post
Squeaky door beadings...a rattle from the dashboard console...botched up fitment of rear window guides + a rattle from the front passenger door panel (both new, both after the door beading replacement done on Jan 1st)...two inter-state work trips till the 16th and no chance of leaving the car at the SVC till then. Sigh...

By yesterday morning, these niggles started getting to me. Bypassing the SVC representative who I was in connect with, I made a call directly to the service manager at SGA Skoda, Coimbatore.

My primary questions: why were the door beadings still squeaky after a full replacement and would it better to wait for an improved batch of beadings instead of a second replacement job presently? I'd also mentioned the other niggles that were induced thanks to their shoddy workmanship from my last visit to them.

Attachment 2256549
The mechanic was very polite. I found it funny but kind of him to forewarn me that he'll have to hand thump the beadings back into place. 'Don't mind, okay saar?'

Attachment 2256551
The windows rolled up & down smoothly now. The dashboard & the door panel rattle will have to be checked out at the SVC later, they said. So the clean up was done and quite thoroughly too, I must say

Attachment 2256552
The mechanic then decided to take a quick look what was causing the door panel rattle...but he couldn't figure it out. So that was added to the list for the SVC visit after 16th.

Attachment 2256553
Final inspection by the gentlemen and overall, they did a good job. A few more minutes of talk about the Punto and the chaps left - leaving a happy customer to grab a cup of his evening tea.

I'm not sure if this 'doorstep service' is a Skoda SOP or if it had something to do with the fact that SGA Cars had won the 'Icon of the Year' award among the local businesses last year. Whatever it is, this kind of pampering certainly helps the customer feel like their cars are in better hands.
Oh well! All that begins "mediocre" ends well I guess.

Quote:
The mechanic was very polite. I found it funny but kind of him to forewarn me that he'll have to hand thump the beadings back into place. 'Don't mind, okay saar?'

I'm not sure if this 'doorstep service' is a Skoda SOP or if it had something to do with the fact that SGA Cars had won the 'Icon of the Year' award among the local businesses last year. Whatever it is, this kind of pampering certainly helps the customer feel like their cars are in better hands.
This is what had surprised me positively. Sending a service rep to one's home is one. The way the personnel carry out the required procedures without making the owner gnash his teeth all the way, is another. Kudos to team, SGA a job well done.

Though I'd silently weep a minute or two in the shower knowing a new car being thumped and thudded all the way. But if that's the way it is, then suo moto.

Happy mile munchn' Sanjeev.

Cheers!
VJ

Last edited by VijayAnand1 : 10th January 2022 at 21:42.
VijayAnand1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2022, 16:43   #2134
BHPian

Anyone know what's the deal with corporate discount? All the dealers are quoting with corporate discount and then when it comes to finalizing...they say "your company is not listed".

Is it a very restricted set of companies that have this discount?
Old 11th January 2022, 22:18   #2135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anto1212 View Post
Is it possible to get Style variant alloys on ambition? Gurudev Motors Chennai informed that they won't do it and it will void the warranty.
If ride quality is your preference, my advise would be to first drive the style variant on 17" thoroughly.

I only switched to a wider 16" wheel (from Ambition's 6J to aftermarket 7J), did not like it one bit and came back to stock wheels.

Now I am looking for the Rapid Monte Carlo's wheels (16x6J), if only someone decides to sell them
Attached Images

ashutoshb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th January 2022, 10:22   #2136

Silver Kushaq mixes with dirt so well! Celebrating 9000 kms odo reading somewhere in Jharkhand.

Skoda Kushaq Review-20211229_160048.jpg
Abhishek.ckt is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 12th January 2022, 18:45   #2137
BHPian

For those who have done test drives of Kushaq and Taigun both - is it true that the turning radius of Taigun is much smaller than Kushaq?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 13th January 2022 at 16:40. Reason: Capitalising.
Old 12th January 2022, 19:46   #2138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbyte View Post
For those who have done test drives of Kushaq and Taigun both - is it true that the turning radius of Taigun is much smaller than Kushaq?
That has been my question as well. I have seen media reports of this and saw some comments in our forum as well.
However, while taking the test drive, I didn't find a significant change in the turning radius. I made sure to take sharp turns in narrow alleys to see if the Kushaq had a bigger turning radius, but it seemed similar to the Taigun.
Seeing that both the vehicles are built on the same platform, I find it a bit hard to believe that Kushaq would have a very obvious driving disadvantage when compared to the Taigun.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 13th January 2022 at 16:40. Reason: Quoted post edited.
Old 12th January 2022, 19:47   #2139
BHPian

Quote:
I could not feel much difference, so I think it is not "much" smaller, rather hardly noticeable.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 13th January 2022 at 16:40. Reason: Quoted post edited.
Old 13th January 2022, 00:13   #2140
BHPian

Quote:
Neither could I tell the difference. Even the sales advisor told me the same thing but couldn’t feel any difference.. on the other hand I found that they deliberately missed and added some features here and there..

Old 13th January 2022, 13:49   #2141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideon74 View Post

They found out that the door beading replacement wasn't done with the latest version (GEN03S) - whoever worked on it earlier, merely put in a new set from the first version again (GEN01S). So the car will have to go back the SVC later to get the latest version. Well, at least now I know that things will get sorted out finally.
Would it possible for you to show how to identify GEN03S vs GEN01S ? It will help the rest of us identify such problems. Not all of us are blessed with honest dealers.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 13th January 2022 at 16:41. Reason: Please capitalise words wherever necessary. Thanks.
Old 13th January 2022, 16:32   #2142
BHPian

Quote:
Would it possible for you to show how to identify GEN03S vs GEN01S ? It will help the rest of us identify such problems. Not all of us are blessed with honest dealers.
Wish I could but I missed the opportunity to take pic of this as I'd gotten a long call when they'd popped out one of the door beadings to check out the version. Later, when I asked the SVC guy how they found out, he showed a pic he'd taken on his mobile for their report submission. Unfortunately, he wasn't allowed to share the pic as they were 'internal' data. The version details are printed on the inner bottom of the beading with some extra codes and in particular 'GEN-xx-S' - which the chap informed me that the 'xx' should have been 03.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 13th January 2022 at 16:41. Reason: Quoted post edited.
rideon74 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2022, 16:23   #2143

Guys,

Though there is a surge in Kushaq sales numbers last month (maybe a year-end effect though), the action on this thread seems to be waning. Just my observation!

Well, after a long wait, I decided to buy another car and started taking test drives. Finally, I decided to go ahead with Kushaq Ambition 1.0L TSI MT variant (felt a little low on power though). I wanted to go ahead with the booking in December but then it got delayed because not all the colors were available and I wanted to personally check out all before finalizing on one. I was informed that Silver and Grey colors were not readily available as those were slow-moving. Though the dealer had the year-end offers running, I decided to delay my booking.

Then the new year happened. Around 11-12 Jan, I called up the sales rep to enquire about the availability of the 2022 batch Kushaq. I was told that it was not certain (I was a little surprised). When I asked how long it could be, I was told that it could be Feb end for 2022 batch cars to start arriving at dealers. I also gathered that there were just a few cars (2021 make) left at the plant itself for the Ambition MT variant.

I am just wondering that on one hand, Skoda wants to sell 3K upward Kushaq per month, on other hand, there are no cars, and then there is a wait for almost two months for 2022 cars to become available. So, are they not going to sell anything in Jan and Feb? Any idea, how does it play out? When do dealers start receiving cars of a new batch(i.e. new year)? Specifically, How much time Skoda takes in making the new batch available in the new year? Please share if you know.

In the meantime, I have started to receive calls from the sales rep. Seems there is one car from Aug-2021 in their stockyard and they seem pressed to clear the old inventory. I am very skeptical about going ahead with the Aug-2021 batch and hence opting to ignore the year-end discount and rather wait for 2022 batch cars. Any thoughts.

Thanks.

Last edited by ladha.deepak : 14th January 2022 at 16:53.
Old 14th January 2022, 17:46   #2144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladha.deepak View Post
Guys,

Though there is a surge in Kushaq sales numbers last month (maybe a year-end effect though), the action on this thread seems to be waning. Just my observation!

I am very skeptical about going ahead with the Aug-2021 batch and hence opting to ignore the year-end discount and rather wait for 2022 batch cars. Any thoughts.

Thanks.
From my experience with VW/Skoda they are just trying to push the old stock. They should be getting 2022 by this month end or early Feb. It is better to wait and take 2022 stock now. Most of the issues like door rattling are also sorted in new batch cars is what I hear. Grey color what I know is the best selling one in both the Twins. That is the reason for no grey stock. Wait for a week or two and you will hear back from the dealer regarding 2022 stock.
TJ02 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2022, 11:34   #2145
BHPian

Anyone here based in Gurgaon and has done ceramic coating on their Kushaq? I searched online and there are decent number of shops providing the service, all with great reviews but surprisingly not one has mentioned pricing, which makes me wary of contacting them directly.

Most Viewed