Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2022, 12:59   #2551
BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq Review

Slightly Off-topic; I would prefer to have the standard features installed at the dealership level (ICE, Cruise control, Reverse park camera etc) to reduce the sticker price because in many states the customer end up paying 20% road-tax. 10+ years back, the difference between lowest variant & top variant was only about 20%, nowadays the difference is nearly double. So get the base variant at <10L, pay 10% road tax (~1L) and then add standard accessories worth 3-4L from dealership
amit1agrawal is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2022, 12:18   #2552
Senior - BHPian

Skoda Kushaq Monte Carlo to be launched on May 9

Skoda is gearing up to launch the Kushaq Monte Carlo edition in India on May 9, 2022.

Name:  Screenshot 20220503 115212.jpg
Views: 1278
Size:  93.0 KB

The Monte Carlo edition is expected to be positioned above the Style 1.5L TSI trim. It will feature a distinct exterior with a gloss black grille, smoked headlamps, a black roof, ORVMs and badges. It will also get a sunroof and black alloy wheels.

Inside, the Monte Carlo edition will get dual-tone upholstery with red highlights and gloss red inserts on the dashboard.

The Kushaq Monte Carlo is likely to be offered with the same petrol engine options as the standard Kushaq. These include 1.0-litre 3-cylinder TSI that makes 113 BHP and 178 Nm and a 1.5-litre, 4-cylinder TSI that puts out 148 BHP and 250 Nm, while transmission options will include a 6-speed manual, 6-speed automatic and a 7-speed dual-clutch automatic.
TusharK is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2022, 16:16   #2553
BHPian

I am not sure if it is meant to be like this or not, but the cons list on the first page has 6 airbags listed in the missing features of Kushaq. As Skoda has added this, can this be updated by the mods?
FrAgile is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th May 2022, 15:45   #2554
BHPian

I still could not understand the positioning/pricing behind these two variants -

1. Difference between the Active Peace and Active is Rs. 1,30,000 just for the 7 inch infotainment system + speakers. Dealer is offering an Skoda approved accessory at Rs.30,000 only. So why will anyone choose the Active variant? In many states, the road tax is less under 10L as well there will be savings in the insurance. So it does not make any sense to go for Active variant.

2. Difference between Ambition Classic and Ambition is Rs. 30,000. It seems the only difference is the Auto AC. Isn't this too less value proposition for a customer to choose between these two variants? And they offer the AT in both variants with Rs. 50,000 apart. At least they should have differentiated with transmission option.

Overall, this seems to be an internal margin adjustment exercise (yet again) without thinking about customer value. I must admit that I did not checked the brochure to see whether there are any other differences.

Now, with the starting price of Kushaq is brought under 10L, I guess there is very less chance to get a Sub 4M (Sub Compact) Crossover from the same platform with the 1.0L TSI engine option unless Skoda springs a surprise. I thought they will launch it in a year between 8 - 11L bracket to push up the volumes from the platform.

Now coming to the Monte Carlo edition, since the changes are cosmetic, it would have been better to launch it in 1.5 TSI only to give the aura of exclusive sportier variant in it. If the 1.5 Style AT is at 18.8L, I guess Monte Carlo will nearly touch the 20L Ex-showroom price point.
Old 4th May 2022, 17:53   #2555
BHPian

Skoda kushaq active peace variant was only introduced because there was a part shortage at the time of production, it is not a permanent variant, if your nearby dealer has the variant in stock get it before it runs out. Only a limited number of cars were produced, the same thing applies to the Ambition classic variant. At 9.99 rs lakhs ex showroom it is actually a steal, don't sit on the fence, get it before the stock runs out.
yesyeswe is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 4th May 2022, 19:06   #2556
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
Does the Kushaq/Taigun/Slavia/Virtus (basically all MQB-A0-IN vehicles) come with a rear ARB (anti roll bar) , alongwith the rear torsion beam ?
Can anyone please help with this info ?
Old 5th May 2022, 09:22   #2557
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
Skoda kushaq active peace variant was only introduced because there was a part shortage at the time of production, it is not a permanent variant, if your nearby dealer has the variant in stock get it before it runs out. Only a limited number of cars were produced, the same thing applies to the Ambition classic variant. At 9.99 rs lakhs ex showroom it is actually a steal, don't sit on the fence, get it before the stock runs out.
Correct, saw a tweet from Zac yesterday that confirms that the Active Peace was launched due to semiconductor shortage for the Infotainment system. Guess we will get another lot when Skoda runs out of semiconductors again. Till then .. Peace!!
Attached Images

acquillew is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th May 2022, 11:35   #2558

For Skoda's sake I really wish they continue the Active Peace variant. I was just tempted to find a replacement for my 2012 Rapid TDI and the 1.0 TSI simply doesn't cut it. Kushaq base variant is 14 lakh on-road in Bangalore. For the same price, Seltos HTE Diesel looks like a more value for money proposition. Just wondering what will happen to the volumes of Kushaq when Maruti/Toyota launches their new SUVs.
Old 6th May 2022, 00:23   #2559

Friends,

I got my new car (Kushaq) 1.0 MT in Carbon Steel colour delivered a week ago (28th April) in Bangalore. When I was driving it home, I noticed that the driver-side one-touch window control was not working. I reached out to salesperson at PPS Skoda, Bangalore, but he surprisingly has not been answering my queries as to how it is not working in a brand new car or if pre-delivery inspection by a technician was done or not. He had informed me that it's a part of the delivery. I had done the PDI myself at the stockyard and found it to be working, but am not sure what transpired between the stockyard PDI and delivery. Also, I found scratches all over piano black finish that is part of the console. Don’t remember if they were already present when I did the PDI. Did it happen when they did the cleaning before the delivery? But a new car does not need such extensive cleaning on inside, isn't it?

By the way, has anyone faced such issues in a brand new car? To be honest, I'm already a bit disappointed with their after-sales approach towards customers. It is just ruining my experience with Skoda.

Thanks.

Last edited by Aditya : 6th May 2022 at 18:19. Reason: Grammar
ladha.deepak is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 6th May 2022, 08:21   #2560
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladha.deepak View Post
Friends, I got my new car (Kushaq) 1.0 MT in Carbon Steel color delivered a week ago (28th Apr) in Bangalore. When I was driving it home, I noticed that the driver-side one-touch window control was not working.
Could you please elaborate on the issue? Is it not at all working? Or working till mid way? Or stopping and going the other way? It may need only a reset, but need to know what is the actual issue you are facing.
Old 6th May 2022, 12:14   #2561

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHudson View Post
Hi Everyone

I'm into an unfortunate situation and need your advice.
Yesterday evening while driving, the car started to make some grinding noise while braking, it felt like something is stuck and it is preventing the car from braking smoothly.
This morning the noise started coming even on light braking. I'm not sure if there is some issue with the brake pads or the discs or some other issue.
The dealership is 90 kms from my hometown and I'm very skeptical about driving it all the way. Only option I can see is to utilize the RSA.
There is a 800 km long trip coming and I don't want any issues during that trip.
If anyone has been in the same boat or has any information related to this please do let me know.
Thank you!
Hi Everyone, I apologize I couldn't update the resolution to this on time.

I opted for RSA and sent the car to the agency. The silencer unit was displaced from it's location which was making that noise. I remember while parking once the car scraped it's bottom on an uneven and weirdly slant ramp. But at that time there was no issues with the car. I'm guessing as I drove more, the silencer must have displaced further which later started to make that noise.

I want to give a shoutout to the skoda RSA. As soon as I called the toll free, I was immediately assigned with an agent. He promptly replied to all my queries and made sure the flatbed reached on time. From calling the toll free to sharing all my details and confirming that I require assistance and car is not in a condition to drive, it only took the flatbed 45 minutes to reach my home. Live tracking on the skoda connect app was a boon in this situation.

As soon as the car reached the service center, I got a call from my SA. He made sure everything went smoothly. I even got timely updates from the service agent about the issue and how they resolved it. They also did a software update and taping on doors to prevent rattling noises even though I had no complaints regarding this.

2 weeks after all this, I got a call from Skoda RSA services asking for my feedback and if anything can be improved. I understand Skoda has been notorious in it's services in the past but I feel they have come a long way and have improved a lot in keeping its customers happy. As skeptical as I was sending my car on a flatbed with strangers, I have gained more confidence in this service now

A photo of the flatbed. It's been a month and this photo still hurts me.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Kushaq Review-20220404_144825.jpg  

DocHudson is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 6th May 2022, 13:00   #2562
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHudson View Post
I'm guessing as I drove more, the silencer must have displaced further which later started to make that noise.

I even got timely updates from the service agent about the issue and how they resolved it. They also did a software update and taping on doors to prevent rattling noises even though I had no complaints regarding this.
Nice to hear the prompt response and resolution you got from Skoda. Appreciate if you can provide some more details -

How they resolved the silencer issue? Are there some bolts that gotten loose or is there any welding involved?

Was it done in a single day or does your car has to stay longer in the workshop? How much the total cost incurred to fix the silencer issue?

Wishing you many more trouble free miles!!!
Old 6th May 2022, 13:05   #2563

Quote:
Originally Posted by RijuC View Post
Is this Active Peace variant good enough for the hill drives in broken tarmac to no tarmac condition? No off-roading is intended.

During my recent trips, I could see few kushaqs on the roads of chopta and Pangot. But these roads are easier than the real fun of Spiti or Ladakh. I didn't get any chance to ask the owners whether those were 1.0 or 1.5 litre variants and how they find the performance.
Kushaq looks like a small but very sober and smart car in the mountains. I find it's dimensions and footprint tight and compact for those challenging roads.

Whether the Turbo petrol engines face any problem/ drop in performance due to low oxygen levels beyond 3500 meters altitude?

Whether the Active Peace variant is available only with MT or the TC AT is available for 1.0 litre engine?
Hello, I have driven around 300kms purely on hills and i'm confident to say that the 1.0L engine works perfectly. Some areas had no roads, it was only rocks and a bit mud and i didn't face any issues both in uphill and downhill driving. I also read a travelogue somewhere where the person did a Spiti trip in 1.0L AT in snowy conditions and didn't face any issues. So i think it's safe to say you won't be disappointed with the engine and driving dynamics.
I would suggest to do a bit more research for Ladakh and Spiti before you plan a trip. I have read Ladakh road conditions have improved a lot in the past few years.
DocHudson is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th May 2022, 13:14   #2564

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanixravindran View Post
Nice to hear the prompt response and resolution you got from Skoda. Appreciate if you can provide some more details -

How they resolved the silencer issue? Are there some bolts that gotten loose or is there any welding involved?

Was it done in a single day or does your car has to stay longer in the workshop? How much the total cost incurred to fix the silencer issue?

Wishing you many more trouble free miles!!!
Since it was only displaced and the holder was not broken but gotten loose, they fixed it with new bolts.
The car was repaired within a day but I couldn't visit the showroom due to some prior engagements so had to keep the car with them for 3 days (Cons of not having the dealership in your hometown).
They didn't charge me a single penny.

Also, RSA was quoting a whopping 9k to bring my car back which was around 100kms so waiting 3 days felt right
DocHudson is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2022, 22:31   #2565

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
Could you please elaborate on the issue? Is it not at all working? Or working till mid way? Or stopping and going the other way? It may need only a reset, but need to know what is the actual issue you are facing.
One-touch function is not working at all.
You referred to a reset. Can we do it ourselves or only a technician can do it? By the way, I am still awaiting a response from my salesperson at PPS Skoda, Bangalore. I didn't expect them to let their customers continue to face a reported issue. It's just a week since the purchase. Thanks.

Most Viewed