Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2022, 12:47   #2581
BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
You have basically done the same thing I suggested. I fail to understand the differences between the two approaches. Only difference that I am seeing is 10 secs and 5 secs. Only thing I failed to mention was the ignition on thing, but that is minimum criteria to pull up or pull down a power window right.

Anyways anything that ends well is great. Happy to know that your issue is resolved
It worked and than same problem next day.
Will have to contact service center. Skoda literally launched this model without testing. I really hate visit to service centres, whole day is laid waste.
Old 14th May 2022, 08:12   #2582
BHPian

It seems the EPC issue has surfaced again. Car was fitted with so-called 'Robust fuel pump'.
Luckily the car didn't stall since the concerned person was in a remote mountain area.

https://twitter.com/arjunchauhan24/s...KbJJZ0kgw&s=08
KuvamBansal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th May 2022, 11:31   #2583
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHudson View Post
Hi Everyone, I apologize I couldn't update the resolution to this on time.

I opted for RSA and sent the car to the agency. The silencer unit was displaced from it's location which was making that noise. I remember while parking once the car scraped it's bottom on an uneven and weirdly slant ramp. But at that time there was no issues with the car. I'm guessing as I drove more, the silencer must have displaced further which later started to make that noise.

I want to give a shoutout to the skoda RSA. As soon as I called the toll free, I was immediately assigned with an agent. He promptly replied to all my queries and made sure the flatbed reached on time. From calling the toll free to sharing all my details and confirming that I require assistance and car is not in a condition to drive, it only took the flatbed 45 minutes to reach my home. Live tracking on the skoda connect app was a boon in this situation.

As soon as the car reached the service center, I got a call from my SA. He made sure everything went smoothly. I even got timely updates from the service agent about the issue and how they resolved it. They also did a software update and taping on doors to prevent rattling noises even though I had no complaints regarding this.

2 weeks after all this, I got a call from Skoda RSA services asking for my feedback and if anything can be improved. I understand Skoda has been notorious in it's services in the past but I feel they have come a long way and have improved a lot in keeping its customers happy. As skeptical as I was sending my car on a flatbed with strangers, I have gained more confidence in this service now

A photo of the flatbed. It's been a month and this photo still hurts me.
Regarding the RSA, did you pay any amount to Skoda? I had received a call recently mentioning they are delivering the RSA card, but I will need to shell out some INR 3.5k and will be applicable for some 10 years. When I enquired why, the lady mentioned that only the first 6 months are free. Is that true?

Quote:
Originally Posted by avaneeshvyas View Post
I had a couple of queries about the Kushaq. I would be a first-time buyer and would be driving it mostly for going out of the city. Having said that obviously cannot avoid driving in the city as well.

I test drove the 1.5 DSG variant and found it to be super smooth and good. The automatic transmission, both upshifts and downshifts seemed to be in order and the peddle shifters were great fun too. The roof liner was a serious eye sore.

I would like to understand more about the problem with the DSG engine which some people alluded to in this forum. Why is that an issue and if the Kushaq or Taigun owners have faced it already? Is the smaller 1.0L engine worth it? Does it feel under powered in any circumstance. Does it make sense to pay a premium for a 1.0 Litre engine?

Also with the incremental price rise in both the Kushaq and Taigun, are these cars really worth the chase? Since both these models are untested in terms of the NCAP crash test, is there any evidence they are not as fragile as their Korean competitors? Kindly help with your insights for me to take an informed decision
I own the 1.5TSI Manual, so can't directly comment on the DSG performance. However, I am under the same category as you, this was my first car purchase ever and I mostly driver outside the city (road trips) since I have been working from home. For the occasional city rides, I have a motorcycle.

Coming to buying a 1.5 over the 1.0, it depends on what you want. If you are single or a small family of 2-3, the 1.0TSI will do just fine. The 1.5TSI is basically a safety buffer, a peace of mind that no matter what, the car will always pull through. Recently, I did a 2 week trip in Himachal with a fully loaded car (4 passengers + luggage) and AC switched ON almost all the time and I had no trouble whatsoever even in the hairpins. The 1.5TSI is just too OP, managing to climb even in 3rd gear provided there's decent momentum.

Answering whether the VAG sisters are worth it, depends on what you are looking for. The USP of both cars in the build and driveability. Drive either of the Korean sisters and Astor and then drive either of Kushaq/Taigun and you notice the difference. The ride offered is just sublime and personally, I have had fun pushing my Kushaq in the twisties considering just how stable it is. If anything, the tyres are the limiting factor than the car itself. I wouldn't dare do that in a Creta/Seltos and absolutely not in the Astor which is the least compliant among all. However, if you are sedate driver who although likes road trips, doesn't really push his car around, the other options could be better.

As for the DSG, it literally is the best gearbox in terms of performance. However, this does has a compromise on reliability. This though depends on how you drive. If you are out and out enthusiast who pushes the car all the time, the gearbox will give up quickly. However, if you drive sanely, it should last you. The new generation gearboxes definitely are more reliable than the earlier ones. If you are still worried, just buy the MT version.

BTW, why aren't you looking at the Slavia? It offers everything the Kushaq does and more (bigger boot, digital cluster, better beige interiors) and at lower cost. The GC is marginally lower (179 vs 189mm) which would make no difference practically and being a sedan, would be better at handling.

Has anyone tried retrofitting the digital cluster in their std Kushaq? Considering that Monte Carlo is coming with the digital cluster and Slavia already has it, retrofitment technically shouldn't be a problem, rather a matter of component availability and quality of fitment.

Last edited by vb-saan : 15th May 2022 at 15:07. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged. Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another.
amey027 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th May 2022, 13:35   #2584
BHPian

I had booked a 1.5 DSG Monte Carlo sometime back. The car arrived at the dealer's earlier this week. The PDI and payment formalities are done, expecting to take the delivery next weekend. Will write a more detailed post on the buying process, experience and initial observations in due course later.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Kushaq Review-img20220512wa0009.jpg  

abhishek_hch is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 15th May 2022, 15:58   #2585

Quote:
Originally Posted by amey027 View Post

BTW, why aren't you looking at the Slavia? It offers everything the Kushaq does and more (bigger boot, digital cluster, better beige interiors) and at lower cost. The GC is marginally lower (179 vs 189mm) which would make no difference practically and being a sedan, would be better at handling.
The missus is not to keen on a sedan..although it looks smashing and the SA at Skoda said the Slavia had a bigger wait time than Khusaq now. So no point. Also the same engine, so same concerns. Thanks for the feedback though. Also how did you choose between the two VAG sisters? Was it only the waiting time that swung your decision in Kushaq's favor? Was it something else?
Old 15th May 2022, 16:22   #2586
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avaneeshvyas View Post
The missus is not to keen on a sedan..although it looks smashing and the SA at Skoda said the Slavia had a bigger wait time than Khusaq now. So no point. Also the same engine, so same concerns. Thanks for the feedback though. Also how did you choose between the two VAG sisters? Was it only the waiting time that swung your decision in Kushaq's favor? Was it something else?
To me, Kushaq looked better. For some reason, Taigun looks like a hatchback although it's exactly the same size. Also, the dashboard on Kushaq appealed to me more. I remeber Taigun being slightly more expensive, some 10-15k in exshowroom price
amey027 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2022, 18:54   #2587
BHPian

Quote:
Has anyone tried retrofitting the digital cluster in their std Kushaq? Considering that Monte Carlo is coming with the digital cluster and Slavia already has it, retrofitment technically shouldn't be a problem, rather a matter of component availability and quality of fitment.
Hi Amey!, I had the same doubt as you and ended up emailing Zac himself. He said it's not possible as of now!. Attaching a screenshot aswell.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Kushaq Review-screenshot-20220515-6.53.01-pm.png  

dheer4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2022, 11:06   #2588

Quote:
Regarding the RSA, did you pay any amount to Skoda? I had received a call recently mentioning they are delivering the RSA card, but I will need to shell out some INR 3.5k and will be applicable for some 10 years. When I enquired why, the lady mentioned that only the first 6 months are free. Is that true?

I believe the RSA is included in the service package which costs 25k for 4 years so basically you have free RSA for 4 years and i didn't get any RSA card, it is linked to the car's reg number.

Last edited by Eddy : 16th May 2022 at 11:09. Reason: Quoting a large post hampers readability. Quoted portion reduced.
Old 16th May 2022, 15:11   #2589
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojojaja View Post
[
Welcomed Skoda Kushaq Ambition Classic AT (2022 model) to my garage. It's my first car, been using it for just a day so I can't delve much on the performance front but I am already very optimistic about my choice. The other cars I was looking at were Tata Nexon and Kia Sonet and I saw and TD those two before I saw Kushaq.

All in all there were a few trade offs when it comes to feature while picking this over a sonet, but no waiting period and (at the risk of offending others) the feel of sitting inside a Skoda is simply much more premium and solid (imo) than a Nexon or Sonet.
Congratulations on your purchase of new Kushaq. Happy and safe motoring!

Well, simply comparing Kushaq to Nexon/Sonet is not the right thing. It is of course, is not an apple to apple comparison.
Kushaq/Taigun/Creta/Seltos/Astor fall in the same segment while Nexon/Sonet/Brezza/Urban Cruiser/Venue/XUV300/S-Cross fall in the same segment.
Livnletcarsliv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th May 2022, 22:11   #2590

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
You have basically done the same thing I suggested. I fail to understand the differences between the two approaches. Only difference that I am seeing is 10 secs and 5 secs. Only thing I failed to mention was the ignition on thing, but that is minimum criteria to pull up or pull down a power window right.

Anyways anything that ends well is great. Happy to know that your issue is resolved
I followed the same steps but it did not work for me. Interestingly, I noticed a pattern, it works for the first time after the ignition starts and then stops working. I tried it a couple of times and noticed the same. Now, I understand, why I found it working in PDI. I had tried one touch just once as a checkmark exercise.

By the way, I spoke with the dealer and was advised to get the car to their service center. They claim that pre-delivery inspection by their team of technicians found no such issue and apparently it is captured in their report.
Old 17th May 2022, 10:03   #2591
BHPian

Dear Bhpians,

After waiting for a full year researching and contemplating "What Car?", booking and canceling 4 different cars during this duration, we have finally bought this beautiful machine "SKODA KUSHAQ".

Took delivery of it yesterday evening from Krishna Auto Patiala and am happy to report that everything went perfect. Right from the PDI to the Delivery, everything was smooth.

The funny thing is we waited 1 Month for Bolero Neo, 4 months for Sonet, 2 months for Carens, and 25 days for Dzire CNG (Yes we actually booked this too ) and eventually ended up canceling all the bookings.

But for the Kushaq, we discussed it on Friday, inquired about the availability and booked it on Saturday, and got delivery on Monday!

The variant that we have chosen is Active Peace and I shall be visiting a store in Ludhiana recommended by Bhpian Sunderdeep for getting an android/sony head unit installed today as this variant doesn't come with a head unit but thankfully the speakers are provided.

Will be writing a detailed buying experience and initial ownership review very soon!
Sharing some pics of this beauty, not the best quality pics because was too excited to drive it and forgot to take good pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Kushaq Review-3.jpeg  

Skoda Kushaq Review-2.jpeg  

Skoda Kushaq Review-5.jpeg  

Skoda Kushaq Review-4.jpeg  

Attached Images

Rambo-RS is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 19:07   #2592

Quote:
Originally Posted by acquillew View Post
One point to note is that the Active Peace doesn't get Hill assist. The Active Peace variant comes with MT.
Any more inputs for Active Peace. In case if this model becomes available, is it advisable to get the music system from after market as the dealer does not have the stock. Any other feedback in terms of missing features in this viz. a viz. Active variant
Old 17th May 2022, 20:45   #2593
BANNED

I checked with Zac and he said that installing an aftermarket music system will void the warranty for Active Peace. The representative from the accessories team also confirmed the same.

Zac said that one can only install the 7 inch system that comes with the Active variant at a later date.

That’s the reason why I cancelled my booking and went for the Ambition variant.
Ragin_Ice is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th May 2022, 19:39   #2594
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladha.deepak View Post
I followed the same steps but it did not work for me. Interestingly, I noticed a pattern, it works for the first time after the ignition starts and then stops working. I tried it a couple of times and noticed the same. Now, I understand, why I found it working in PDI. I had tried one touch just once as a checkmark exercise.

By the way, I spoke with the dealer and was advised to get the car to their service center. They claim that pre-delivery inspection by their team of technicians found no such issue and apparently it is captured in their report.
Yes, it only works once. Went to service centre, they told that power window motor is to be changed but they didn't had one in stock. I enquired on some whatsapp groups and this seems like a very common problem.
Old 19th May 2022, 00:07   #2595
BHPian

After being in the market for more than two years (ever since Seltos was launched). Booking a Seltos & then cancelling it. Innumerable test drives and showroom visits, finally brought this 1.5 DSG Monte Carlo home today. We have named him 'Blitzkrieg'.

The buying experience with PPS Skoda, Jakkur, Bangalore was extremely good and the long test drives that they offered hooked me to the 1.5 DSG and we ended up moving up to it from the 1.0 AT that we planned to buy initially despite all the reliability concerns. Will write a more detailed buying and ownership post in short course.

Love the exteriors & we are good with the interiors too. The kick down is exhilarating & I look forward to great times with him
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Kushaq Review-img20220518wa00422.jpg  

Last edited by abhishek_hch : 19th May 2022 at 00:17.
abhishek_hch is offline   (19) Thanks

Most Viewed