Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2022, 09:23   #2686
BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
A gentle tip for the future. In any car. Always carry 1 or 2 litres of manufacturer recommended engine oil or whatever engine oil you are using in it and 1 or 2 litres of the recommended coolant and some distilled water as emergency supplies. Really far explorations it is useful to have an extra jerry can of petrol too. All these are useful things to do and one won’t get caught unawares.

Yes it seems to be a pain to do all this. But this habit of mine stems from observation during the 1970’s when trusted Petrol pumps were few and far between and because of this, my Dad always carried a 10 litre jerry can of petrol, 1 or 2 litres of engine oil and a couple of bottles of distilled water at all times in the Fiat and Ambassador and Mahindra Jeeps that we used to have.

I follow this general dictum even now.

The below is intended to be a joke.
I was actually carrying everything else (fuel, tow rope, jumpstart cable, air pump, fuses) excluding coolant. I didn't expect the coolant to fall since I had checked its level before the trip. Even more surprisingly, it came back to normal the next day by itself and the coolant low indicator went away. Not sure if the low temperature in the region was affecting the coolant.
Old 1st July 2022, 09:39   #2687
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amey027 View Post
Even more surprisingly, it came back to normal the next day by itself and the coolant low indicator went away. Not sure if the low temperature in the region was affecting the coolant.
Typically the capacity of coolant in the vehicle would be around 6 odd litres.

Of this perhaps 3.5 litres will be circulating around in the radiator and engine keeping things cool and at even temperatures.

And the rest will be visible in the coolant reservoir where ideally one should never let it go below the Min Mark and at the same time one mustnt over fill above the Max mark.

Low coolant can damage the engine and Over filling can damage the coolant pump, and hoses and connectors.

It is quite normal for the coolant to expand and contract to some extent like any other fluid on account of temperature. (It literally builds up a head of steam).

Which is why it is never recommended to open the radiator cap and/ or the coolant reservoir cap when the engine is hot.

Which in turn, is why you will find that the coolant level typically will show a little higher in the reservoir after driving. And when at rest it will come down a little.

But I have never until now heard of the Low Coolant lamp and warning coming on because of low temperatures and consequent contraction of coolant fluid.

In matters of Coolant level, Oil level, brake fluid etc I go by visual cues and ‘feel’ more than anything else.

This causes me to on average check all these things atleast once a fortnight if not once a week.
Old 1st July 2022, 10:11   #2688
BHPian

Re: Underbody rust in my brand new Skoda Kushaq

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisree View Post
This is normal in these area to have rust and most of the cars have it. There are many such instances reported in new cars like Honda and Hyundai too in the forum.
Have peace and enjoy the drive.
My 8 year old Skoda rapid does not have any such issues. Requesting other Kushaq owners to please confirm if they are facing this issue
Old 1st July 2022, 14:20   #2689
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Typically the capacity of coolant in the vehicle would be around 6 odd litres.
I was surprised as well. I checked the level in the reservoir when the light came ON and it was below min. Next day, I opened the hood to refill it and it was back to normal (slightly above min) and the light was no more ON. Never seen this before

Finally, my first experience of service. Not exactly service but general checkup as I returned from spending 2 months in Himachal. I was sure there will be aftermath of driving on non existent roads and a checkup was due.

Had a pathetic first experience. The SC made me wait for 4 hours for just a standard wash and wheel alignment. They hadn't even created my job card for the initial 3 hrs and now I'm dreading the rest of my ownership experience. I literally had to blast the service manager to get the job done

Last edited by aah78 : 1st July 2022 at 17:13. Reason: Posts merged. Quote trimmed. Please use QUOTE+/MULTI-QUOTE. Thanks!
Old 1st July 2022, 19:14   #2690
BHPian

Hey Guys.. Interesting Update!

See below!

Skoda Kushaq Review-2aeb672844d74563b04e364686cdb029.jpeg

The car I’m supposed to be driving is the new Fabia (International Model) as per the infotainment system.

Did anyone else get a model upgrade?

Jokes apart, this is the new bug in the Kushaq software which I found today.

Last edited by Turbanator : 3rd July 2022 at 05:02. Reason: Alignment.
KapilD is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 1st July 2022, 20:23   #2691

Excuse me for going slight off topic related to new car billing.

I have recently purchased Kushaq. I'm unable to match the amount I paid to the dealership with the invoices I received.

Here are the documents I'm considering:

(a) insurance
(b) road tax
(c) tax invoice: cost + 14% sgst + 14% cgst + 17% gst compensation cess + (1% tcs on above)

Insurance and road tax checkout correctly.
The problem seems to be with the tax invoice. I see mention of a special discount that's deducted before the sgst, cgst and gst cess are calculated.

If I include the special discount, I don't have around 17k accounted for in any of the documents I mentioned above. Except that it's accounted for in the dealership receipts given for payments.

Few thoughts I have:
1. Not having this accounted seems a bit odd to me. Since, it's paid for the purchase and should be part of the invoice isn't it?
2. Is this a normal practice? I mean is it like their margin of the car sale?
3. Should I be asking for more documents to double check this?

Thank you very much.

Last edited by aj.jaswanth : 1st July 2022 at 20:48. Reason: Added thanks.
Old 2nd July 2022, 06:18   #2692
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.jaswanth View Post
I have recently purchased Kushaq. I'm unable to match the amount I paid to the dealership with the invoices I received.

Insurance and road tax checkout correctly.
The problem seems to be with the tax invoice. I see mention of a special discount that's deducted before the sgst, cgst and gst cess are calculated.
I just got the invoice for my Virtus yesterday, and there’s a similar cash discount mentioned before taxes and cess. The net invoice value is also different from ex-showroom price. Since I am yet to take delivery of the car, haven’t reconciled with all the receipts. Shall update in couple days time.
Pequod is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2022, 09:29   #2693
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KapilD View Post

Did anyone else get a model upgrade? ..

Apparently, it is new-gen VW polo and the only way to get your car back at least in the infotainment system is to do a system reset

I have faced it a few times now, as you said, it is a bug in the software which Skoda cares least about.
Old 2nd July 2022, 22:37   #2694
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KapilD View Post

Did anyone else get a model upgrade?

Enjoy different cars for the price of one

How did it happen? Have you updated the infotainment software at the service centre or is there any OTA update push happened?
Old 4th July 2022, 11:17   #2695
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanixravindran View Post
Enjoy different cars for the price of one

How did it happen? Have you updated the infotainment software at the service centre or is there any OTA update push happened?
My new virtual car disappeared!

I checked the software versions. All same. Before and after. It disappeared the next day. I don’t know how it came about.

The changes were: the car became a hatchback and the tabs became blue in colour which otherwise is orange.
KapilD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2022, 11:31   #2696
Senior - BHPian

The first car of India 2.0, the Skoda Kushaq, celebrating its first anniversary this month.

Quote:
The company sold 6,023 cars with a 721% Y-o-Y growth in June, led by the ŠKODA KUSHAQ and SLAVIA.
Skoda Kushaq Review-20220705_113031.jpg

Link

Last edited by Venkatesh : 5th July 2022 at 11:37.
Venkatesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2022, 00:33   #2697
BHPian

Need help with few items from the price list quoted

Hello Fellow T-Bhp'ians
I have finally decided to go for the Skoda Kushaq 1.5 TSI MT
I wanted some guidance on the following sections of price list
  1. 5th and 6th year extended warranty INR 26,999 - Is this worth it on a manual 1.5 TSI?
  2. I will ask the RM what is the difference between below 3 but if any of you know it then plz do let me know and is the amount correct because i read about some reduction of costs in one of the posts but maybe i misread it
    • Drive assure economy + consumables INR 22,035
    • Drive assure elite + consumables INR 34,902
    • Skoda Maintenance Package INR 24,999
  3. Their insurance quote is INR 65,301 but i am able to get a similar quote from ACKO for approx 40k (including GST , added riders and IDV of 20.1 lacs) - is there any reason why their quotes are so high (i have noted this in KIA and Mahindra as well)
  4. Fastag INR 600 - can i purchase this on my own and usually the amount is 500, not sure why they are charging 600
  5. Finally there is an accessories kit worth INR 15,499 - I enquired about it and the only item i found worth in that was mud flap set, so planning to give it a miss
  6. Ex-Showroom and Registration looks ok, but there was a mention about 15K discount and reconciliation gaps, can someone help with how to check it
Thanks in advance for the help and eagerly waiting for ur responses as m planning to book the car on Friday this week
Old 6th July 2022, 22:48   #2698
BHPian

Re: Need help with few items from the price list quoted

Quote:
Originally Posted by shridhar.s.i View Post
  1. 5th and 6th year extended warranty INR 26,999 - Is this worth it on a manual 1.5 TSI?
Absolutely! It is a must, not just for VW-Skoda but for every new car purchase, irrespective of the brand and same is resonated in every Team-BHP car review as well.

Quote:
Drive assure economy + consumables INR 22,035
Drive assure elite + consumables INR 34,902
Skoda Maintenance Package INR 24,999
Not sure of the first two, but the third one i.e "Skoda Maintenance Package" is a must buy in my opinion. I know people in my circle who have got the price for this package completely waved off, especially the ones who bought 1.5 TSI Kushaq. It covers following things for 4 years or 60K Kms:

Name:  Service Package.PNG
Views: 1955
Size:  167.7 KB

Quote:
Their insurance quote is INR 65,301 but i am able to get a similar quote from ACKO for approx 40k (including GST , added riders and IDV of 20.1 lacs) - is there any reason why their quotes are so high
You can definitely choose to get your car insured by yourself and the dealership can't force you to take it from them. Although I would recommend that you try negotiating a bit harder and insist your sales advisor to match the quote with the one you have chosen. Even if the dealer's quote is 3-5K more than yours, get it from the dealer itself. Reason = Hassle free insurance claims and thus peace of mind.

Quote:
Fastag INR 600 - can i purchase this on my own and usually the amount is 500, not sure why they are charging 600
Sure, it is better to get it by yourself. Me too got it from my earlier Fastag provider i.e HDFC Bank and thus I could utilize the wallet money of my earlier fastag too which was from the same provider.

Quote:
Finally there is an accessories kit worth INR 15,499 - I enquired about it and the only item i found worth in that was mud flap set, so planning to give it a miss
Skip it, it's an absolute waste of money. I have ordered mud flaps for my Kushaq for Rs.550 on Amazon and got custom Noodle Mats for Rs. 1500 from the local market, which are much better than the rubber mats offered as a genuine accessory.

Regards
Ranvir
Rambo-RS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2022, 23:05   #2699
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Fellow T-Bhp'ians
  2. I will ask the RM what is the difference between below 3 but if any of you know it then plz do let me know and is the amount correct because i read about some reduction of costs in one of the posts but maybe i misread it
  3. Their insurance quote is INR 65,301 but i am able to get a similar quote from ACKO for approx 40k (including GST , added riders and IDV of 20.1 lacs) - is there any reason why their quotes are so high (i have noted this in KIA and Mahindra as well)
  4. Fastag INR 600 - can i purchase this on my own and usually the amount is 500, not sure why they are charging 600
  5. Finally there is an accessories kit worth INR 15,499 - I enquired about it and the only item i found worth in that was mud flap set, so planning to give it a miss
  6. Ex-Showroom and Registration looks ok, but there was a mention about 15K discount and reconciliation gaps, can someone help with how to check it
Thanks in advance for the help and eagerly waiting for ur responses as m planning to book the car on Friday this week
First all the best for the new car purchase and 1.5 MT is truly a beast and now some answers as known to me
1. General consensus in this forum is to get EW for European cars for peace of mind. You can decide on this if you plan to keep the car beyond 4 years. I have not taken during the purchase and planning to take it now as the cost is 26,999 till 6 months of sale. You can take it later too at slightly increased cost. Check whether they are giving any discounts on it from both Skoda and dealer side. I have asked now whether there is any anniversary offer available but got a negative reply.
2. This is insurance and service package
Drive assure economy is Basic Comprehensive insurance.
Drive assure elite is Zero dep and other covers added. This is all Skoda assurance which in turn will be insured with 2 or 3 insurers by Skoda as agent in between. You can check it in Skoda website itself. If dealer is offering insurance or you are taking outside, this is not needed.
SMP is 4 years (4 service) service package. I took it as anyway the cost of service will be higher in next 4 years but got it discounted at 16,999. It was given free also some point of time. Please check offers from Skoda and dealer.
3. Insurance from dealer will always be higher due to the big fat commission. Check which insurer dealer is showing 65k, and get your quote from outside for same insurer and give it to them to price match and they will do it mostly. I went with HDFC Ergo which seems good on paper.
4. FasTag is needed during registration to be verified by RTO but only physically as he is not checking the Tag tied with Engine/Chassis number. So I asked my dealer to get it done with just another Tag (what is the use of ticket holder otherwise ) and then got it from my preferred vendor at Rs.350 after I purchased and registered the car. Some banks like ICICI or HDFC offer it free of cost for their customers. You can do it if you wish.
5. I did not opt for it as I felt it was quite useless for me. Once again, I purchase accessories separately and don't mix with car purchase.
6. Please provide the quote/calculations so that it can be verified easily. Just remove all the costs like insurance, FasTag, SMP, EW (I never mix these things during car purchase) etc all of which can be done by you. For a car to be sold by dealer, the minimum should only be Ex-showroom, discount at base price with GST added if any, 1% TCS on invoice (discounted price) and finally RTO charges added to it for registration.

PS: I remember Skoda was offering some discount for booking Kushaq with HDFC Regalia credit card sometime back and check whether it will be of use to you if you have it.
thanixravindran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2022, 17:48   #2700
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Fellow T-Bhp'ians
I wanted some guidance on the following sections of price list[list=1][*]5th and 6th year extended warranty INR 26,999 - Is this worth it on a manual 1.5 TSI?[*]I will ask the RM what is the difference between below 3 but if any of you know it then plz do let me know and is the amount correct because i read about some reduction of costs in one of the posts but maybe i misread it
[*]Their insurance quote is INR 65,301 but i am able to get a similar quote from ACKO for approx 40k (including GST , added riders and IDV of 20.1 lacs) - is there any reason why their quotes are so high (i have noted this in KIA and Mahindra as well)
Hi!, I own a Kushaq 1.5 MT and was able to get the insurance for 33k including Zero dep, RTI, engine protect and few misc addons through United India Assurance. Please go through policy bazaar and other websites as the price quoted for the insurance through Skoda is exorbitant .
dheer4 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks