Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2022, 04:45   #2716
BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Can someone compare the brakes in the 1.0 and 1.5 versions? The pad and disc have different part numbers across the range and are also priced differently. The brake pads of the 1.5 as well as discs are expensive compared to the 1.0L Kushaq/Slavia/Taigun. Hence it makes me wonder what the difference really is. Are the brakes on the 1.5 bigger or is it just a better disc and pad combination?
Brakes on the 1.0 is smaller compared to the 1.5. The calipers themselves are different, pads and rotors are different as well. Don’t know the exact measurements of the rotor but definitely the calipers are different. Read somewhere - 1.0 - 276mm and 1.5 gets 300mm.

Last edited by speedfreak : 12th July 2022 at 04:50.
speedfreak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2022, 12:05   #2717
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreak View Post
Brakes on the 1.0 is smaller compared to the 1.5. The calipers themselves are different, pads and rotors are different as well. Don’t know the exact measurements of the rotor but definitely the calipers are different. Read somewhere - 1.0 - 276mm and 1.5 gets 300mm.
Yes I figured this out and posted on the Slavia thread as well. The brakes on the 1.0 and 1.5 are completely different. The rotor measurements are correct, the 1.5 gets a 300mm rotor and a bigger caliper to suit it.
Old 12th July 2022, 21:54   #2718
BHPian

It's been 1 year today for my Kaira(Kushaq), and it still makes me smile, I think about her when I am not with her and when she takes rest in parking. She is a beauty.

11700 kms done in a year, drove in 15 C to 48 C heat of Rajasthan and MP.

Travelled from Hyderabad, all the way to U.P, UP to Delhi, UP to Jaipur, Udaipur, Hyd to Bangalore, Mysore, to Bandipur.

She gave me no trouble at all.

Some lines for Kyra(after wife's approval )

Quote:

मेरे जीवन में वो लेकर आयी बहार,
वो है मेरा पहला पहला प्यार,

वो तो लगती हैं मुझको बिंदास,
और चलती है झकास,
वो हमको देती है घर जैसा आराम,
और पल भर में कर देती है हमारी सुबह से शाम,
उसका म्यूजिक सुन कर हम मस्ती में झूमते,
और बेपरवाह हो कर हम उसके संग लंबे रूट पर घूमते,
वो हमें कभी बैंगलोर तो कभी जयपुर घूमाती,
और अपनी रफ्तार से हमको अपनों से मिलवाती,
वो कुशाक की सवारी है मेरी जान,
जिसकी स्कोडा है पहचान,

मेरे जीवन में ये लेकर आयी बहार,
यही तो है मेरा पहला पहला प्यार ।।
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Kushaq Review-pxl_20210829_045503709.jpg  

Skoda Kushaq Review-pxl_20210912_120147590.jpg  

Skoda Kushaq Review-pxl_20210912_120544653.portrait.jpg  

Skoda Kushaq Review-pxl_20211003_114826896.jpg  

Skoda Kushaq Review-pxl_20211003_121000776.portrait.jpg  

Skoda Kushaq Review-pxl_20211003_121020489.jpg  

Skoda Kushaq Review-pxl_20211003_121219279.portrait.jpg  

Skoda Kushaq Review-pxl_20211003_121837708.portrait.jpg  

Skoda Kushaq Review-pxl_20211003_122125982.portrait.jpg  

Skoda Kushaq Review-pxl_20211003_122156398.portrait.jpg  

Skoda Kushaq Review-pxl_20211003_123040768.jpg  

Skoda Kushaq Review-pxl_20211017_020718172.portrait.jpg  

Skoda Kushaq Review-pxl_20220215_034535712.jpg  

Skoda Kushaq Review-pxl_20220215_053956901.portrait.jpg  

Last edited by maverickNerd : 12th July 2022 at 21:57.
maverickNerd is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 13th July 2022, 09:48   #2719
BHPian

Not sure if this has been discussed here before hence posting.

Latest Models of Skoda Kushaq with reduced Features !!

I took a test drive of Skoda Kushaq 1.0 L AT yesterday and understood from the sales rep that some of the features which I see in TD car will not be available in a new one in case I plan to buy. This is the list which he said ......

1) Wireless Connectivity of phone audio system , it will be wired now - The reason he said is that since some customers complained that their phone hanged while taking calls and even the adudio-system gets stuck until the car is turned-off for few seconds. I was surprised to know as rather then fixing it they decided to remove the futuristic feature.

2) Bass Tube and Amplifiers are no more part of newer models - The reason was very illogical , company is removing it but decided to give some other additional features.
SinghBHP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2022, 18:31   #2720

I got the delivery of my Skoda Kushaq Style 1.0L TSI (2022 model) on 9th June, 2022 from Global Motocorp LLP dealership in Kolkata and just 2 days post that I noticed multiple thuds/knocks when pressing the brake while decelerating from high speed.

As this was not the squeaking brake noise which many Kushaq owners are facing, so I took it to the ASC and they started their hit and trial method to check the disc brakes, axels and so on. Finally after keeping it in workshop for 6 days, they were able to rectify the issue and said it was just "adjustment of the torques in the mount below the driving shaft". What I didn't understand is if it was a simple torque adjustment problem then how does it take 6 days for them to identify it.

Thankfully I haven't faced the same brake noise issue anymore but after couple of days I found a scuff mark on the back side of the leather steering wheel cover. Mostly this was caused in the ASC while working on the brake issue but as I didn't find it before taking the car from the ASC so unable to ask them to replace it as well.

- Is there any detailing work that can be done to remove this scuff on the leather or should I go for a good quality steering cover? If so, please do provide link/photos to check the available Kushaq steering covers.

Other issues I am facing:
- Squeaking brake noise at times when on an incline or reverse parking.
- Squeaks on the right hand side doors when driving over rough surfaces, mostly from the door beadings.
sbhowmik_5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2022, 22:45   #2721
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinghBHP View Post
Not sure if this has been discussed here before hence posting.

Latest Models of Skoda Kushaq with reduced Features !!
Yes, this has been discussed in three past pages of this thread. These features deletion is in effect from all card delivered since middle of June.
Old 15th July 2022, 11:17   #2722
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbhowmik_5 View Post

- Is there any detailing work that can be done to remove this scuff on the leather or should I go for a good quality steering cover? If so, please do provide link/photos to check the available Kushaq steering covers.

Other issues I am facing:
- Squeaking brake noise at times when on an incline or reverse parking.
- Squeaks on the right hand side doors when driving over rough surfaces, mostly from the door beadings.
Aftermarket steering covers are worst. Skoda steering leather is soft and beautifully fitted, if it is on back side of steering, I would say ignore it.

I also face squeaking noise on less speeds, I think it is a most discussed issue. I am not facing doors noise, may be you can get the door beading tape that SC is applying.
maverickNerd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2022, 21:18   #2723
BHPian

Hi.
I have a 1.5 TSI DSG with 2 airbags and no TPMS.
I belive it can be activated using VCDS. Has anyone tried it amongst us? I saw a video of a guy on youtube saying it's possible, however he doesn't divulge the coding changes.

Also I never used the inbuilt sim connectivity feature, but is it possible to use the inbuilt Jio as a wifi hotspot? Or is it that the jio sim is only used for mobile app connectivity with car.
What I also mean to ask is if the network to head unit not available through this jio sim?

Last edited by aviral2122 : 15th July 2022 at 21:21.
Old 16th July 2022, 10:44   #2724
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonHawk View Post
I got these GFX Rubber TPU mats from a local vendor for 3900 bucks. Looks to be a good alternative for those who don`t want to go with 7D mats
Do you know whether boot mat is available for Kushaq from this vendor? Skoda didn't have it as accessory. I see only very few options for Kushaq online for mats.
Old 16th July 2022, 14:47   #2725
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanixravindran View Post
Do you know whether boot mat is available for Kushaq from this vendor? Skoda didn't have it as accessory. I see only very few options for Kushaq online for mats.
I have checked with my vendor, looks like GFX tpu boots mats aren’t available yet for Kushaq. But if you are ok with mats other than rubber made then I would suggest to this check this one .
I have this in my car and they are good fit.
Skoda Kushaq Review-bc01b15a59e34f20854d68facce9a692.jpeg

However, if you want you can also check out the ones sold by Skoda.
Skoda Kushaq Review-ab94696982074d498fc71f25c5f3ed66.jpeg

Skoda Kushaq Review-1349a0deb84e41249cfdbaaa1d6a6e52.jpeg
DragonHawk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th July 2022, 14:48   #2726
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviral2122 View Post
Hi.
I have a 1.5 TSI DSG with 2 airbags and no TPMS.
I belive it can be activated using VCDS. Has anyone tried it amongst us? I saw a video of a guy on Youtube saying it's possible, however he doesn't divulge the coding changes.

Also I never used the inbuilt sim connectivity feature, but is it possible to use the inbuilt Jio as a wifi hotspot? Or is it that the jio sim is only used for mobile app connectivity with car.
What I also mean to ask is if the network to head unit not available through this jio sim?
Update: it seems inbuilt sim is only meant to be used with myskoda app and gives access to vehicle related info. However there is this JioMotive app, which may allow enabling of Jio dongle wifi and let you set the password of your choice, still to test it.
On the other hand, TPMS is still unknown, its possible it seems but if its with VCDS or some other way thats unknown, maybe @gannu_1 can shed some light.

Edit: unable to tag user gannu_1, if someone can do that please do.
Old 17th July 2022, 17:17   #2727
Senior - BHPian

Was nearing 15,000 kms, so I sent my Kushaq for its first service.

I had noted down the list of issues, which I shared with the service advisor.
  1. The fuel lid cover - was not getting locked while locking the car - Now fixed.
  2. Squeaky doors - Now fixed. They did not change the rubber but have put a tape, which has solved the issue.
  3. The driver's side power window - while going up, will stop on its own and go back in - Was fixed at the time, but now the problem has surfaced again. Will send the car back again.
  4. Wobbling after 100kph - I had this issue, ever since I switched back to stock wheels from aftermarket wheels. That tyre shop did not do a good job. So I chose to get it done at the time of service itself.

Then there were things, which I did not complain about, but were fixed by them.
  1. The aggressive creep mode - Has become a lot less aggressive now. Earlier, I used to literally ride on my brakes in bumper-to-bumper traffic. Not anymore.
  2. The backlight of the instrument cluster - Earlier it did not use to turn on during the time of low light situations, for example at dawn or dusk. Now it stays on.
  3. Software update Did not notice any difference in the UI. Maybe I didn't look hard enough. Will check with the SE and share here if anything worth sharing.

I am sharing the invoice for the first service.

The total should have been ₹5227, but I opted for wheel alignment-balancing and dry cleaning, which cost me another ₹4928.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Kushaq Review-kushaq-service-01.jpg  

Skoda Kushaq Review-kushaq-service-02.jpg  

Skoda Kushaq Review-kushaq-service-03.jpg  

ashutoshb is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 18th July 2022, 01:17   #2728

Hi experts, I visited the Ring Road Skoda dealership today to book the 1.0 Kushaq Ambition Classic and was very happy with the treatment. I have paid a fully refundable booking amount for a car which is readily available with the dealer. Later, I read about the ac issue which has put me in a dilemma whether to go ahead and buy the car or cancel my booking. Please suggest
saketarora is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th July 2022, 13:03   #2729
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saketarora View Post
Hi experts, I visited the Ring Road Skoda dealership today to book the 1.0 Kushaq Ambition Classic and was very happy with the treatment. Please suggest
Ambition Classic comes with manual AC instead of the Auto, which works very good and has no reports related to poor performance. I bought Kushaq Active with manual AC 3 months back, driven close to 5000 KMs now and very happy with the performance of both the car and the AC as well .
tsi_niks1989 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 18th July 2022, 15:05   #2730
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviral2122 View Post
Update: it seems inbuilt sim is only meant to be used with myskoda app and gives access to vehicle related info. However there is this JioMotive app, which may allow enabling of Jio dongle wifi and let you set the password of your choice, still to test it.
I have used Jio motive app to enable the WiFi SSID and password so that it sends the data to the app (I don't have to use my mobile as hotspot) but not used as a hotspot to connect my phone to internet.

Please note you can be connected in only one app at a time, so please logout and login accordingly.
thanixravindran is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks