Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2022, 23:52   #2791
BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHudson View Post
I faced this issue and asked SA, he told me the backlit is connected to a sensor and changes according to the sunlight.
So it's not an issue per se, it's just how it is designed.
I have also experienced the same thing in my Taigun. In my case it has happened only late evenings and never in bright sunlight. I have a highline and it does not have automatic headlights. I suspect that although my headlights are manual, the backlit is behaving as it would for an auto headlamp car.

I think it’s a flaw although minor. It can also create a risk where dials are not readable unless you put on the headlight.

I also noticed another issue around it. When you switch on the parking lights only the rear lights get lit. Find that in the front the headlight does not start. The anomaly is that in all other cars I have seen the backlit of speedometer lighting up when the parking lights are switched on. However it is not so in these models which is strange.
Quatro is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2022, 17:29   #2792
VRJ
BHPian

Finally decided on bringing home the Kushaq for my sister. Will be booking one this week. Style AT grey colour. I’d appreciate it if anyone can answer the below queries that I have:

1. Now the debate is between 1.0 and 1.5. It’ll be primarily used in the city. So, I believe the 1.0 will be sufficient. But I’ve read a couple of comments that the 1.5 A.C is better than the 1.0. Has this been rectified in the latest batches? Because it gets very hot in the summers in Vizag. The GM tells me the AC is the exact same unit. At the same time, the 1.5 is soo damn tempting. Such positive reviews. I drove them both. 1.5 was great on the highway. The lag in the 1.0 was a bit disappointing. The mid range was alright though. Can live with it. It’s only the AC that I need confirmation. The extra Rs. 2L for the 1.5 isn’t an issue, it’s just the DSG that worries me. DSG just isn’t a fan of our Indian Stop and Go traffic.

2. Are the door rattles and squeaks sorted?

3. Recently the screen size was reduced. Haven’t seen it outside. How is it compared with the original one? I’ve read that they even removed the woofer. So, how is the new audio setup? Please tell me it still comes with wireless Apple CarPlay.

Cheers!

Last edited by VRJ : 17th August 2022 at 17:32.
Old 17th August 2022, 18:45   #2793
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo-RS View Post
Greetings Fellas!

Called my Sales Advisor today morning to enquire about availability of Kushaq for a friend. He told me that they have been allocated a fresh batch of 17 Units of Skoda Kushaq Active Peace @ 9.99 Lac ex showroom.

The dealership I contacted was Krishna Auto, Patiala, you guys can check with your local Skoda dealerships too.

- Ranvir
Thanks to your post my cousin was able to book one in Punjab in carbon steel colour, I informed him last night and he made the booking this morning.
If anyone is interested there's one available in Jaipur, Rajasthan too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VRJ View Post
Finally decided on bringing home the Kushaq for my sister. Will be booking one this week. Style AT grey colour. I’d appreciate it if anyone can answer the below queries that I have:

3. Recently the screen size was reduced. Haven’t seen it outside. How is it compared with the original one? I’ve read that they even removed the woofer. So, how is the new audio setup? Please tell me it still comes with wireless Apple CarPlay.

Cheers!
Well the original screen was bigger and the UI looked more modern, it was a better screen in general. Yes the new radio doesn't support wireless car play and android auto, moreover the subwoofer has been removed and the total wattage of the remaining speakers has been reduced as well.

Earlier the style trims had ŠKODA sound system on them with subwoofer and powerful speakers as compared to Active and Ambition trims. But now with the change in the radio, it's all same in all the models. It's still good, but it lacks the punch of the original one.

If you still want the original setup you can get the Monte Carlo edition, it has that original 10 inch radio and the ŠKODA sound system.
yesyeswe is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th August 2022, 14:35   #2794
VRJ
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
Well the original screen was bigger and the UI looked more modern, it was a better screen in general. Yes the new radio doesn't support wireless car play
If you still want the original setup you can get the Monte Carlo edition, it has that original 10 inch radio and the ŠKODA sound system.
An interesting update. Spoke with the SA and the GM. I asked about the decrease in screen size and the deletion of features. I told him how important wireless CarPlay is to me. He said he’ll get back to me as there are very few unsold units with the 10 inch screen (with the subwoofer and wireless CarPlay) left at the factory and the company would allocate this stock to the dealer. He got back to me an hour ago and told there’s one white 1.5 DSG available with the 10 inch screen. The grey I wanted isn’t available. I asked him to find out the VIN number so that we can decode the manufactured month. It’s just that I can’t decide if this a good decision. Old leftover stock at the factory vs newly manufactured car. God knows how the old white one was taken care of. Do you think it’s safe to purchase the white 1.5 with the 10 inch screen?

Coming to the Monte Carlo, the interiors are straight up ugly. That is not how a Skoda looks. Skoda is all about class and the interiors of the Monte Carlo are the opposite.

Cheers!
Old 18th August 2022, 20:10   #2795
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHudson View Post
I faced this issue and asked SA, he told me the backlit is connected to a sensor and changes according to the sunlight.
So it's not an issue per se, it's just how it is designed.
This is being fixed via a software update by Skoda. Pls refer to post #2727 in this thread. Thanks
KuvamBansal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2022, 00:37   #2796
BHPian

Quote:

1. Now the debate is between 1.0 and 1.5. It’ll be primarily used in the city. So, I believe the 1.0 will be sufficient. But I’ve read a couple of comments that the 1.5 A.C is better than the 1.0. Has this been rectified in the latest batches? Because it gets very hot in the summers in Vizag. The GM tells me the AC is the exact same unit.
I took multiple test drives for the 1 litre Ambition in Bangalore traffic and the AC is not satisfactory. Most cars just need to maintain 21-23 for a chilled experience inside but for kushaq the fan has to be minimum in the 2nd level and temperature reduced to 21 max. Point to be noted when you increase the fan and reduce temperature it does get cooled but the fan noise is too high.

Last edited by Axe77 : 19th August 2022 at 09:12. Reason: Fixed quote tag.
Latebloomer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2022, 13:13   #2797
BHPian

Where did you get the mats from?
Old 22nd August 2022, 11:31   #2798

Hi,
I own a Zen Estilo and I wanted to upgrade to a mid size SUV.
My budget is at the max 15 lac.

My basic requirements
1) Good mileage (above 16km/per on high way).
2) Safety (As I drive maximum on high way and not using car for daily office commute)
3) Enough leg room in rear seat
4) A boot capacity over 350 litre.
5) Good music system.
6) Do not want to change car for next 10 years.

I have checked various cars in sub 4 meter segment like Nissan magnite, Suzuki Breeza, Tata Nexon, Mahindra XUV3OO and found that rear seat leg room is inadequate. Last week I test drive the Taigun 1litre TSI version and found it better. Leg room in rear seat is very good. Boot space was also adequate. I also checked the Kushaq Taigun Amibition classic version of it, both looked similar in terms of boot and seat comfort.
Finally decided to book either Taigun highline or Kushaq Ambition classic. But later read reviews in this thread and found that there AC issues in Taigun and Kushaq. Some also reported door rattling and gear shift issues. Are these issues fixed? Please also advise on the build quality of Taigun and Kushaq as well (I hope there is no official global NCAP test result for Taigun).

Thanks
Old 22nd August 2022, 11:32   #2799

Have you opted for any skoda Service Maintenance Plan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
Was nearing 15,000 kms, so I sent my Kushaq for its first service.

I had noted down the list of issues, which I shared with the service advisor.

Last edited by bblost : 22nd August 2022 at 12:32. Reason: reduced size of quoted post.
Old 22nd August 2022, 13:41   #2800
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBird View Post
Hi,

Finally decided to book either Taigun highline or Kushaq Ambition classic. But later read reviews in this thread and found that there AC issues in Taigun and Kushaq. Some also reported door rattling and gear shift issues.

Thanks
Kushaq Ambition 'Classic' comes with manual AC which performs really well and has no reports when compared to the Auto AC unit. I have Kushaq Active Peace variant and the AC performance is pretty good (similar to my Honda Brio).
Door rattling issues are present but ASC guys will fix them by taping the door frames.

If you like the car can go ahead, build is good than what the competition offers. It is lower than older PQ25 cars from VAG but still feels good. No GNCAP rating yet though.
tsi_niks1989 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2022, 17:40   #2801
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsi_niks1989 View Post
No GNCAP rating yet though.
I don't think Skoda will go for a GNCAP test for the Kushaq at this point in time. I agree with you that the build feels solid. On the door rattling issue: I have a friend who owns the Active Peace too, and both doors on the left side have developed some rattle. There also seems to be some rattling from under the dashboard. Have you encountered the dashboard rattle too? Thanks!
acquillew is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2022, 17:37   #2802
VRJ
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dheer4 View Post
Car returned 16.8 Km/L when doing tankful-tankful calculations even though I'm running on an upsized tyre and was cruising triple digits all day long. Average speed was 70 Kmph[/list]
Hey dheer4, hope you’re doing well. I’m taking delivery of the Kushaq 1.5 DSG in a weeks time. I’ve fallen in love with Michelins after I swapped my stock Bridgestone Duelers with the Michelins on my 2018 Fortuner recently. So, just like you did, I’m planning on getting the 215/55/R17 Primacy 4ST straight out of the showroom to replace the MRF’s. I’m still enquiring regarding the buy back. I’d appreciate it if you could answer a couple of questions.

1. How is the overall performance with the upsized setup when compared with the stock tyres? I’m sure the road noise reduced as was the case in my Fortuner. Did the increase in sidewall improve the plushness while driving on bad roads?

2. Did you notice any drop in fuel efficiency in the city? As my primary use case is in the city.

3. Did you have a word with the service team before upsizing? I’ve heard this voids warranty and I just paid for 5th and 6th extended warranty. Thank you in advance

Cheers!
Old 27th August 2022, 22:15   #2803
BHPian

Quote:
Hey dheer4, hope you’re doing well. I’m taking delivery of the Kushaq 1.5 DSG in a weeks time. I’ve fallen in love with Michelins after I swapped my stock Bridgestone Duelers with the Michelins on my 2018 Fortuner recently. So, just like you did, I’m planning on getting the 215/55/R17 Primacy 4ST straight out of the showroom to replace the MRF’s. I’m still enquiring regarding the buy back. I’d appreciate it if you could answer a couple of questions.

1. How is the overall performance with the upsized setup when compared with the stock tyres? I’m sure the road noise reduced as was the case in my Fortuner. Did the increase in sidewall improve the plushness while driving on bad roads?

2. Did you notice any drop in fuel efficiency in the city? As my primary use case is in the city.

3. Did you have a word with the service team before upsizing? I’ve heard this voids warranty and I just paid for 5th and 6th extended warranty. Thank you in advance

Cheers!
Hey!, congrats on the new Kushaq!, 1.5 DSG is a beast and you would love your time with it!.

1. After 6,000 Kms, overall performance of the tyres are amazing. There is a noticeable difference when compared to the stock MRF's which come stock with the car. The road noise is very little and the overall comfort is really good. Would totally recommend. Stock MRF's are noisy and are not great compared to P4ST's.
The wet grip is really good as well. Just that, these tyres are not made to have the least rolling resistance, so when compared to the Energy series, these tend to give a little less mileage.(But totally worth for the Silent Thread)

2. There is a small drop in fuel efficiency. I usually get around 9-10Km/L in the city and upto 12-13 if there's little traffic. I'm running the tyres on 34PSI as I've found this to be a great balance b/w comfort and FE. For very short distance runs (Less than 2-3 Km), the car returns around 7Km/l anything above 5 Km, the car should return 9Km/L to 13 Km/L depending on the traffic. ( My long term trip meter shows that I had around 13.2Km/L for 1320 Km. This was done in 80% city and 20% in Hyderabad's beautiful ORR.)

3.I had enquired a lot of people and received a response saying that they cannot deny the entire car's warranty(Just that if a trivial thing such as suspension fails, they would not honour it, but suspensions rarely fail). As the upsize is 1.6% a lot of them said that it won't matter. Ex: if an electrical item fails, they cannot deny saying that upsizing the tyre has caused this to happen. I had my viper blades harden in 3 months, Skoda decided to replace it under warranty. Same case with the wireless charger, got it replaced under warranty.
dheer4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2022, 00:50   #2804
BHPian

Basis the recent comments of Zac Hollis on Twitter, it appears Skoda has decided brush the AC issue under the carpet for the time being in Kushaq and Slavia
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Kushaq Review-screenshot_20220901004558.jpg  

KuvamBansal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2022, 08:42   #2805
BHPian

What kind of discounts would the Kushaq have right now in Gurgaon?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks