Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2022, 22:28   #3001
BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq Review

Can anyone who's done the first service tell how much time it takes? Mine is due in a week and the service center is 20km away. Skoda offers a pickup and drop option but don't trust someone else with the car. If it's barely a matter of 2-3 hours, I can just stay at the service center.
Old 4th December 2022, 22:32   #3002
BHPian

On a different note, suffered this last week, had to replace the tyre. However while I was at the tyre shop, the worker there told me the wheel had no tyre pressure sensor inside. I am aware sensors are installed inside the rim and if Skoda doesn't have a sensor inside, how the hell is it measuring the pressure? Not like the system is any useful, the TPMS is purely a paper feature, it's practically useless but still wondering how's Skoda?VAG doing it.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Kushaq Review-20221203_182151.jpg  

Old 4th December 2022, 22:43   #3003
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amey027 View Post
Can anyone who's done the first service tell how much time it takes? Mine is due in a week and the service center is 20km away. Skoda offers a pickup and drop option but don't trust someone else with the car. If it's barely a matter of 2-3 hours, I can just stay at the service center.
Well you book an appointment and you reach the service center as soon as it opens, make sure your car is the 1st one which is picked up for service. That's how you get your car serviced on time. Routine service is nothing but changing oil, filters, routine inspection and wash. But if there's some problem which you're facing, then it could take some time.

Quote:
On a different note, suffered this last week, had to replace the tyre. However while I was at the tyre shop, the worker there told me the wheel had no tyre pressure sensor inside. I am aware sensors are installed inside the rim and if Skoda doesn't have a sensor inside, how the hell is it measuring the pressure? Not like the system is any useful, the TPMS is purely a paper feature, it's practically useless but still wondering how's Skoda?VAG doing it.
Well the the tyre pressure monitoring on VAG cars work on speed sensors, they detect the change in speed of the tyre due to deflation and alert us. So even though it's not monitoring the exact tyre pressure but it knows that the tyre is deflating.
yesyeswe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2022, 23:24   #3004

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskebail View Post
I had gone to a service center today to get Skoda connect app issue checked on my Kushaq Ambition AT ( they restarted the dongle by plugging it out and put back in; it somehow worked . )

While I was there, I checked the accessory catalog and found that they have a new dual tone horn as a accessory for Rs. 1500/-; the adviser explained that it is about 80-90% better/louder than stock horn of Kushaq Ambition, but does not sound like the original Skoda horn Rapid used to get. They did not have any units with it installed so I am not sure how good they are; has anyone here got it installed/have any feedback on this accessory?
100% worth it. I got it fixed, along with sporty pedals. Changes the perception of pedestrians coming in the way for sure.
Sayan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2022, 14:27   #3005
BHPian

Well the the tyre pressure monitoring on VAG cars work on speed sensors, they detect the change in speed of the tyre due to deflation and alert us. So even though it's not monitoring the exact tyre pressure but it knows that the tyre is deflating.[/quote]

Which is why it's pointless. I don't know which tyre is low and by how much. It also needs to be recalibrated everytime the pressure goes down. I have stopped doing it and the now the indicator stays ON all the time even though I refilled air
Old 5th December 2022, 15:18   #3006
BHPian

Quote:

Which is why it's pointless. I don't know which tyre is low and by how much. It also needs to be recalibrated everytime the pressure goes down. I have stopped doing it and the now the indicator stays ON all the time even though I refilled air
They have introduced the actual tyre pressure monitor as accessories similar to third party devices. It will be connected to mobile Bluetooth and app notification. I asked whether it can be connected to infotainment system and use the MySkoda connect app for remote notifications but it seems not possible as per SA
Old 6th December 2022, 17:46   #3007
BHPian

Visited Jai auto Gurgaon today and got a quote of 20.3L OTR Gurgaon for Oct manufactured 1.5 Style DSG 6AB - includes SMP (25k), 46.5k cash discount, 15k loyalty and 15k exchange if trading in the Polo. 1.5 style MT was quoted at 19L including above discounts. I feel there's room for another 30-50k discount, other than the insurance savings of course.

Would be really helpful if other bhpians can shed some light on deals being offered on Kushaq Style 1.5 DSG / 1.5 MT?
991.2GT3 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2022, 13:06   #3008
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 991.2GT3 View Post
Visited Jai auto Gurgaon today and got a quote of 20.3L OTR Gurgaon for Oct manufactured 1.5 Style DSG 6AB - includes SMP (25k), 46.5k cash discount, 15k loyalty and 15k exchange if trading in the Polo. 1.5 style MT was quoted at 19L including above discounts. I feel there's room for another 30-50k discount, other than the insurance savings of course.

Would be really helpful if other bhpians can shed some light on deals being offered on Kushaq Style 1.5 DSG / 1.5 MT?
I recently picked up a Kushaq, the same variant which are looking at. The total discounts inclusive of the SMP et al was about 1.2 lakhs. This is before the 20 k price hike on the 1st of November. PM me if you need a break up of the discounts.
Baddychat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2022, 13:55   #3009
KPR
BANNED

How is now the AC effectiveness of Skoda and VW 1.0 cars now?
Old 7th December 2022, 15:37   #3010
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddychat View Post
I recently picked up a Kushaq, the same variant which are looking at. The total discounts inclusive of the SMP et al was about 1.2 lakhs. This is before the 20 k price hike on the 1st of November. PM me if you need a break up of the discounts.
Share it with everyone here, it might help a lot of people if you put it up in the thread, even though I'm not looking to buy but I am intrested to know.
Old 8th December 2022, 21:53   #3011

Quote:
Originally Posted by 991.2GT3 View Post

I think you are getting a good deal. I'm getting Kushaq Style 1.5 DSG 6AB at Bhopal for 21.08 lakh OTR. This includes insurance, SMP (Rs 24999) and accessories (Rs 16319).
sam2007$ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2022, 22:27   #3012

Facing issue of vibration noise in windows while playing songs with high bass at volumes higher than 6-7/10 volume (Ambition 1.0 AT).

Anybody else facing the same issue? Any solution for the same?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 8th December 2022 at 22:36. Reason: Typo.
Old 9th December 2022, 10:56   #3013
BHPian

A general enquiry from the experts as well as the Kushaq 1.0 automatic owners, regarding the issue of ac in bumper to bumper traffic, whether the tripping of the ac compressor has been solved or not. Planning to change wife’s 2017 Ignis Zeta AMT, which has covered around 55000km, and running fine except for a lot of rattles, and the interior has started to appear worn out. And she daily covers around 25km on a 2 lane highway, with fast moving traffic, so need a safe car, and only Taigun and Kushaq come to my mind. Hope the ac issue in the 1 litre engine has been solved, via software updates.
Old 9th December 2022, 14:16   #3014
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsratta View Post
A general enquiry from the experts as well as the Kushaq 1.0 automatic owners, regarding the issue of ac in bumper to bumper traffic, whether the tripping of the ac compressor has been solved or not. Planning to change wife’s 2017 Ignis Zeta AMT, which has covered around 55000km, and running fine except for a lot of rattles, and the interior has started to appear worn out. And she daily covers around 25km on a 2 lane highway, with fast moving traffic, so need a safe car, and only Taigun and Kushaq come to my mind. Hope the ac issue in the 1 litre engine has been solved, via software updates.
It definitely doesn't cool the cabin like the Asian Manufacturers. Compared to the Baleno, I found it less powerful.
aashikf1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2022, 16:51   #3015
Distinguished - BHPian

Skoda Kushaq CNG Variant spied testing, launching in 2023?

Skoda Kushaq CNG bi-fuel can become India’s first CNG vehicle to come mated to an automatic gearbox.

Skoda Kushaq Review-skodakushaqbifuelvariantspottedtesting1.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 9th December 2022 at 16:53.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed