Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2022, 13:38   #3031
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by neeravnaik View Post
I booked the Skoda Kushaq 1.5 L DSG Style White with PPS Skoda Mysore Road.
Congrats Neerav , looking forward to ownership report and many happy miles
Old 21st December 2022, 15:20   #3032
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aashikf1 View Post
After spending so much on the car, even things that may sound small like these are irritating :(
Just a side note: I think you should just enjoy the car as it's new and let the engine settle down. FE will improve over time. Real irritation was felt by folks with EPC errors and likes.

Have a fuss-free ownership!
stringbh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2022, 15:31   #3033
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stringbh View Post
Just a side note: I think you should just enjoy the car as it's new and let the engine settle down. FE will improve over time. Real irritation was felt by folks with EPC errors and likes.

Have a fuss-free ownership!
Thanks String. I am enjoying the feel and drive. Cant imagine how the owners felt with the EPC issues. That's absolutely terrible :(

However, I just wanted to hear from users on the FE and also about the Skoda Connect on Ambition AT which the dealer is saying is not available for Skoda Ambition variants(very strange since the brochure says otherwise)

Regards,
Aashik
Old 21st December 2022, 21:58   #3034
VEA
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Piyush_ View Post
I rember seeing this feature in my car, but recently when I checked the settings, I did not find the mirrors lowering in reverse feature anywhere.
Have they removed the support via an update?
The option is still there in the menu in my car. But I can confirm it doesn't work with the settings mentioned earlier here by someone. Apparently, memory seats are a prerequisite for this to work.
Old 21st December 2022, 22:42   #3035
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEA View Post
The option is still there in the menu in my car. But I can confirm it doesn't work with the settings mentioned earlier here by someone. Apparently, memory seats are a prerequisite for this to work.
This option has been wrongly enabled via coding at the assembly line or at vendors facility but wont work. Even without the memory seat this would have worked if the door had a dedicated control unit. But in the MQB IN cars it's only present in the drivers door while the passenger doors have all the components directly connected to the BCM. So the lowering in reverse function even though the BCM will trigger can't be executed in the absence of a door control unit. Memory seat feature needs this controller as a pre requisite to be able to also position the mirrors according to the set positions hence it's widely assumed that it's needed for the lowering function to work.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2022, 09:18   #3036

So a new issue has popped up in Skoda Kushaq and this time this is an equally severe issue like EPC failure as this is related to brake failure. I have purchased Kushaq Ambition AT 1.0 on June 3rd from Garve Skoda Pune, and the car started to cause problems within 500kms for running. Brakes of the car gets suddenly jammed while running and don't get release so the car comes to a sudden stop. This happened 1st when car running was just under 500km, skoda service centre kept the car for few hours and told me that it was due to some brake switch.

Then same issue happened after running the car for 100 more kms, I was with my family, it happened at 9:30pm and for 30mins I tried to connect with RSA but it was busy, tried calling sales advisor, he made a couple of calls but in the end told me that he is not able to help at this time and will connect with me in morning, and all this was happening in Pune city, not sure what would be the scenario where there are no skoda service centres. After waiting for almost an hour, suddenly car brakes got released and I was able to drive the car back to home while.
This time they took it a bit more seriously as I escalated the matter and told me that this will get diagnosed by their technical team. Technical team came up with the reason that it is due to faulty master cylinder and same was replaced and old part was sent to their research team to identify what was the issue. I was ensured that they will share a complete detail of research outcome but looks like it was just a gimmick as no one came back to me with any thing on that issue even after 4 months.

In next 4 months I drove car for around 3k kms and although the irritating brake noise was continuously there which Skoda has conveniently started to called as operational issue, but apart from irritating brake noise in bumper to bumper traffic and on slopes I don't face any other issue. Suddenly the issue reappeared while I was going to drop my kid to school, again in the middle of road without any prior warning of signal of any issue.

After keeping the car for 1 week, again they have came up with a solution that master cylinder and brake booster needs to be replaced along with the Master cylinder gasket. I don't understand how skoda can be so careless and diagnosing the issues and replacing the parts randomly just to get it tested by customers. How can a robust part like brake master cylinder and brake booster fail twice in 4000km of running, these are the parts which usually don't get replaced ever.

This was my 1st and definitely last Skoda, I was one of the person who gave safety a priority although NCAP rating was not out at that time but still it felt more solid then the competition but it is true that safety rating won't help you if your car is ridden with such severe issues like brake failure. Now I am looking to sell this car asap and book a Toyota (hopefully hyryder will get a good safety rating).

For new buyers, that's the only advice that its a fun to drive car but no amount of fun is worth if the car is not reliable, I made a mistake of putting my money in such an unreliable brand when this is my only car. We see issues in other cars and brands as well but just compare the number of units they sell in comparison to skoda to get those number of issues. Failure rate in skoda is just too high.

One good gesture is that after 3rd failure they have immediately provided me loaner car to cary out my day to day duties but I have kept 3 cars in past and I never had to take a loaner car as my cars never went to service station apart from regular serivce.
worldlife83 is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2022, 10:24   #3037
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldlife83 View Post
We see issues in other cars and brands as well but just compare the number of units they sell in comparison to skoda to get those number of issues. Failure rate in skoda is just too high.
Must be very frustrating. If EPC and AC issues were not irritating enough, we now have something as serious as the braking system malfunctioning.

It's no surprise that despite the fun-to-drive factor and robust safety, response to Skoda/VW cars manage to sell unenviable numbers thanks to reliability issues and the lack of urgency in addressing them.

As a potential buyer, these episodes repose more trust on the more reliable, fuss-free brands we usually don't hesitate to brickbat on the grounds of performance and safety. Can't agree more that, if not more, reliability is at least as important as safety.

In my opinion, you should push hard for a replacement or refund if the issue resurfaces.

Last edited by pannags : 22nd December 2022 at 10:31. Reason: Modified content
Old 27th December 2022, 12:00   #3038
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aashikf1 View Post
However, I just wanted to hear from users on the FE and also about the Skoda Connect on Ambition AT which the dealer is saying is not available for Skoda Ambition variants(very strange since the brochure says otherwise)

Regards,
Aashik
I have 1.0 MT variant, by keeping the AC at 22-21, I am easily getting near to 17 kmpl average in highway drive, and sometimes even 19-20, if there are straight highway, speed maintained between 80-95 mostly.

I am very happy with the mileage. Even long term mileage shows up as 15kmpl, which is more than good considering both city and highway drives, total covered distance is now more than 15,000 kms.

Even I used to get mileage around 12-13 in first 3000-4000 kms, I see a lot of improvement after that. I think I understood the car more now, clutch and acceleration is lot in my control now and that's the main reason as per my understanding for the mileage increment.
maverickNerd is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 31st December 2022, 14:50   #3039

After a lot of searching, finally taken delivery of Kushaq Monte Carlo 1.5 DSG. Taken fully loaded package with standard accessories, 4 years SMP and 2 years extended warranty. Additionally, BH registration further sweetened the deal. My SA accommodated all my requests patiently. Absolutely delightful experience at Jagdish Motocorp, Bhopal.

Skoda Kushaq Review-20221227_113854.jpg

Skoda Kushaq Review-20221227_113910.jpg

Skoda Kushaq Review-20221227_113946.jpg

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 31st December 2022 at 16:08. Reason: Reuploaded attachments.
sam2007$ is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 1st January 2023, 19:27   #3040
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldlife83 View Post
So a new issue has popped up in Skoda Kushaq and this time this is an equally severe issue like EPC failure as this is related to brake failure.
Any resolution? I had zeroed in on Kushaq/Taigun as the car I would buy on retirement six months from now. My choice was made up due to the safety features, but this is a serious matter. I wouldn’t want it happen to me while I’m in the hills all alone. Even if its a one in a million, it’s serious enough a doubt will always remain. Now I’ve booked a Scorpio N z8 4x4 AT, but my heart remains with Kushaq. I know when its a matter of safety the head should overrule the heart. So I’m hoping for positive closure on this matter.
Old 1st January 2023, 19:37   #3041

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh2812 View Post
Any resolution? I had zeroed in on Kushaq/Taigun as the car I would buy on retirement six months from now. My choice was made up due to the safety features, but this is a serious matter. I wouldn’t want it happen to me while I’m in the hills all alone. Even if its a one in a million, it’s serious enough a doubt will always remain. Now I’ve booked a Scorpio N z8 4x4 AT, but my heart remains with Kushaq. I know when its a matter of safety the head should overrule the heart. So I’m hoping for positive closure on this matter.
Service centre has kept the car for 10 days and just like previous 2 instances, again brake master cylinder is changed now along with brake booster and service centre has changed brake pads as well as they were making squeezing sound on low speeds. Still there is no 100% RCA of the issue which can clearly point out what the issue is. Last time they said that master cylinder was faulty in my car now they are saying may be it was because of brake booster but they have not identified why such robust parts are failing in just 4k km of running. So I cannot say with 100% guarantee that this is resolved for ever as car worked fine for almost 3k between 2nd and 3rd instance of issue so no amount of test ride by service centre can prove that the issue is resolved now.
worldlife83 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st January 2023, 22:19   #3042
BHPian

Quote:
See be it any vehicle or any manufacturer, it's a mechanical vehicle with many components, and with these many components the chances of breakdown or failure increases too. Mahindra might be more reliable but BS6 diesel engines have DEF issues, many people have faced them.

People take their luxury SUV's to remote places where there are no service centers, no people with repair knowledge and no support whatsoever, but people do drive them throughout the country.

I have been driving my volkswagen polo in Rajasthan for the last 9 years where there are like 4-5 service centers in total. Have not faced any breakdowns, whereas you might find many breakdown cases of polo in our country online.

If you're that concerned about reliability get a car with a simple engine and simple mechanicals, where chances of breakdown are less and can be repaired easily anywhere. Maruti Brezza has 4 star safety and a NA 1.5 engine, fits your criteria.

Or if you want to enjoy driving your car everyday, and not that concerned about occasional breakdowns get a car which you like. Cars are pretty reliable these days, you have long warranties, extended warranties, road side assistance etc. But no thing is 100% reliable.
yesyeswe is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st January 2023, 23:37   #3043
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Don't base your decisions on such things. Various issues are reported in various cars irrespective of brand and the only brands with almost zero(yet not zero) issues are Toyotas and Marutis. For a retirement car, I would suggest neither a VW family nor Tata nor Mahindra if you are looking to own it for 10+ years. These become a pain to maintain in the longrun and also might turn out to be expensive. Have used the Slavia for six months now and I have tested the brakes left right and center and they have never failed me. Just over this weekend I had taken the car deepening the western ghats in places where there was no network and I drove the car at its limits. Thats about the performance of the brakes itself but as you see here some issue has been reported by another member. Hence this one in a million occurrence would be true for any vehicle so don't make or break your decisions based on such factors.
audioholic is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2023, 11:11   #3044
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
For a retirement car, I would suggest neither a VW family nor Tata nor Mahindra if you are looking to own it for 10+ years. These become a pain to maintain in the longrun and also might turn out to be expensive.
Thanks for your response. Which car would you suggest. I’ve driven jeeps all my life. My dad bought a Willys when I was 3. But now my holiday car is an Ertiga bought in 2012, though it has done only 40000km and is very well maintained. Last fee years my official cars have been Scorpio, ciaz and innovas. I’ve enjoyed the innova and would love to go for the Hycross but its too big to fit into our little drive. However as you rightly guessed I’m looking for an SUV type to keep for the next 10 year (till Im 70 ) You see Ill be driving in the mountains to our home and also in the city. That’s why I’d zeroed in on Kushaq 1.5 dsg. Don’t want manual and the 1.0 would be underpowered I’m told. Also didn’t like the immense lag during the TD.
By Gods grace Im reasonably fit and intend to maintain my fitness level. So I’d love to hear your suggestions
Old 2nd January 2023, 14:51   #3045

Skoda Kushaq Review-dscf9452.jpg

Took this beauty to a way through the woods in Jharkhand. At several spots I feared that the bottom may get scraped but Kushaq is indeed more capable off-roader than it looks. It gave a good company to Bolero & Ertiga en route. I could see the traction control working, Kushaq generated much lesser dust waves in wheelspins compared to Bolero & Ertiga. Have done 18000 kms in 17 months of ownership, no problems faced till date (except well known niggles - driver side window one touch erratic operation and at times randomly closing ORVMs). Since the car is driven mostly on highways and rural areas, I just put any petrol anywhere and prefer XP95 when available at IOCL.
Abhishek.ckt is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks