Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2021, 17:45   #826
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaRocks View Post
I found these two FE numbers during video reviews. Did anyone else see any significantly different numbers in any other video reviews or notice anything during your test drives?
Don't go with the FE numbers shown on reviews or test drives. Cars are usually driven hard. Better to wait for FE numbers reported by owners .
Dr.Naren is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th July 2021, 18:54   #827
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrolHead2272 View Post
Hello fellow BHPians,

Does anyone happen to have the variant wise feature distribution brochure.

Thanks in advance.
This brochure was posted earlier too by our folks here. Hope this helps.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf kushaq-new-brochure(1).pdf (7.66 MB, 415 views)
AnnaRocks is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2021, 19:31   #828
Senior - BHPian

Kushaq is competition to cars like S-cross, Ford EcoSport, Tata Nexon etc. and definitely not with likes of Creta or Seltos. Those are bigger cars. From side it looks quite similar S-cross. It definitely don't have SUV looks which is very disappointing.
aniketi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th July 2021, 20:07   #829
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
Kushaq is competition to cars like S-cross, Ford EcoSport, Tata Nexon etc. and definitely not with likes of Creta or Seltos. Those are bigger cars. From side it looks quite similar S-cross. It definitely don't have SUV looks which is very disappointing.
Have you seen the car in person?

The EcoSport and Nexon are too small in front of the Kushaq. There is no comparison - neither in size nor in quality. In fact, quality wise too the Kushaq is much better than the compact SUVs you mentioned.

It is similar in size to the S-Cross, but has many more features and better build + good engine.

Looks wise, SUV or crossover - that is up to personal preference. Some like the boxy look, some don't. In my opinion, it looks much better than its competitors. It's well proportioned with better dynamics and that you can feel during the drive.

Last edited by Aditya : 7th July 2021 at 18:50. Reason: Grammar
maverickNerd is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 6th July 2021, 20:41   #830

Hello everyone, this is my first post on Team BHP forum and this trending thread feels like a good place to start.
I was out for getting a haircut but there were lot of customers in there so I was told to come back in 30 mins. So I took this opportunity and went ahead and took a test drive of the Skoda Kushaq as there's Skoda showroom right next to my house.
The showroom only has the 1l style variant on display and for test drive. I am not a prospective buyer but just wanted to check out the car.

First look Impressions-
-The doors, the bonnet and the boot lid have some good weight to them, similar to to other VAG cars.
-The car doesn't look very butch like a SUV apart from the front end but looks good for what it is, a crossover.
-The interiors look good at first site and and I feel has a no nonsense layout .
-Front seats feel good to sit in and ergonomics of the car feel good.
-The steering wheel does look and feel good in hand. I am not so sure about the longevity of the knurled switches on the steering if operated agqressively.
-Cost cutting have been made in the interiors as pointed out by other bhpians, specially in the touch and feel of the roof and the AC vent adjustment controls.
-The roof was flexing a bit when I operated the light switches in the rear and that doesn't induce much confidence or a premium feel in the car.
-The rear seat is comfortable with good thigh support(I am 5'10) and ample space is there to slip in your foot under the front seats. It even has a foot rest there.
-The car does feel a little cramped at the back, not something you'll feel in the front.
-Boot space looks good but the seats albeit having 60-40 split, don't fold flat, and that high loading lip could make it cumbersome for loading and sliding heavy luggage.

Drive Impressions(1l Manual Style variant)-
- The bonnet is clearly visible while driving, and the overall visibility is pretty good.
- The engine is smooth and refined for a 3 cylinder and I didn't feel any vibrations at ideal.
- The car has a good pickup and I wasn't expecting that from a 1l unit, I had previously experienced this engine in the Polo which was super fun and I must say it didn't feel much different here in the Kushaq in my short test drive.
-The gearshifts aren't as smooth as the diesel Altis I have been driving FOR the past few days. The gear throws are short and pretty precise, the gear lever itself is nice and small and feel good to hold.
-The clutch doesn't have much weight to it and and the travel is also manageable.
-The breaks are great on this car, they have a good feel and a sharp bite and induce a lot of confidence in braking and the absence of rear discs isn't felt. For comparison, the 2017 Altis has all 4 discs and they too have a very good feel and induce similar kind of confidence in braking.
-The steering is light at slow speeds and feels accurate.
-The suspension setup is also great on this car, there are a few undulations on the road I drove and at similar speeds both the Altis and i20 2020 felt a little bouncy on that patch, but the Kushaq stays stable and planted. The ride quality can be a USP for this car.
-The car as a whole feels nimble and chuckable and should be easy to use in the city
-The test drive vehicle had just done 530kms, so I refrained myself from giving the full beans but the engine should be fun to drive just like in the Polo

Few other thoughts-
-The salesman attending me had just joined a few days back and seems like Skoda is getting a expected good response. According to him, the sales people had attended over 100 people in previous couple of days and they have also received over 30 bookings, most of which were for the 1l variants.
-The Kushaq is making people enter Skoda showroom who otherwise wouldn't even consider a Skoda or any other German car and allow them to experience what the Germans have to offer. I am sure, quite a few people will come out happy with what they experience.
-Kushaq can be very good and comfortable city car for 4 adults, it has more space in the rear than the sub 4m cars and being smaller than the Koreans would make it easier to maneuver in the city.
-The Kushaq has good amount of passive safety features as standard.
-The only downside I feel is the pricing and the lack of 6 airbags in the top automatic variants of both engines, the car could have started a new segment between the sub 4m cars and the mid size SUVs had it been priced maybe a 1-1.5l cheaper for the top variants of both the engines.
-The overall package is good and one should experience it for themselves but without any pre conceived notions. Everyone has different needs and I am sure there are potential customers for this product too.
-I really want this product to be a success so that we get more exciting and affordable products from the Germans in the future because they do seem to have a upper hand in the driving feel compared to others in our market and that's what matters to me personally.

-Ritesh
#drivingFreak is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 6th July 2021, 20:55   #831
BHPian

The Kushaq 1 litre MT will get compared against the S-cross and Creta NA petrols. In terms of interior room, Kushaq is below Scross & Creta. The build is not significantly better for Kushaq either.

A buyer will need to decide if he would prefer to have 1 litre turbo petrol or 1.5 L NA petrol with similar power figures. The in-city drivability and linear nature will be better for the bigger petrols. I don't think kushaq will do great numbers when you consider all these factors.

The vehicle is just too overpriced and there are too many skoda horror stories that will dissuade most folks from paying a premium for 1 litre version. I am not even talking about the 1.5L here.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 6th July 2021 at 21:44. Reason: removing needless bits and fixing typos.
vishnurp99 is offline   (2) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 6th July 2021, 21:16   #832
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurp99 View Post
The build is not significantly better for Khushaq either
You buy a new product based on the trust you have for the company that made it. Brand and goodwill have value for a reason. You pay a heavy premium for newly launched Nike Jordans coz you trust the comfort, reliability based on your past experience and general market sentiments. What makes you think the car won’t have good build quality ? Going by your logic, anyone who pre books is a fanboy.
Let’s not call each other names and stick to good and bad of the car.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 6th July 2021 at 21:44. Reason: quoted post edited.
curiousnewbie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2021, 21:33   #833
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurp99 View Post
The build is not significantly better for Khushaq either!
Go and check out creta, seltos and kushaq back to back, and you will see the clear difference in build. You can feel the same build when you drive it as well.

I am talking about crash rating here, just build.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 6th July 2021 at 21:45. Reason: quoted post edited
Old 6th July 2021, 22:16   #834
Senior - BHPian

Ambition variant Tornado red color
Latheesh is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 6th July 2021, 23:18   #835
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaRocks View Post
I found these two FE numbers during video reviews. Did anyone else see any significantly different numbers in any other video reviews or notice anything during your test drives?
Dont know about 1.0 but 1.5 TSI in T Roc will give 15 kmpl when car is pushed very hard.

For 1.5 TSI Evo in T-Roc
City (less than 2-3 km) 6-8 kmpl
City ( more than 3-4 km) 9-13 kmpl
Highways ( with 80-90 kmph speed & light foot) 17-19 kmpl
Highways (with 100-120 kmph & sporty ride) 14-16 kmpl

I think Kushaq kerb weight is less than T-Roc so mileage will be better than T-Roc.
sagwal is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th July 2021, 23:27   #836
BHPian

Since I own a VW Vento HL+ 1.0 TSI AT I can comment on the fuel efficiency in real world. Trust me this 1 L engine if driven the way it should be will NOT give more than 7-8kmpl

If driven like a saint the max you can expect is 12-14kmpl a turbo petrol with a TC means that the average rpm is high expect the 1.5 TSI to have better economy figures. Even the older engine - 1.2 TSI DSG returns much better efficiency than this baby shark.
adi_sun is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th July 2021, 00:35   #837
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I just wanted to remind members here that the S-Cross is not a small car (in the Indian context) by any stretch of imagination. The Kushaq is almost 80mm shorter in length and 25mm narrower in width than the S-Cross. The S-Cross matches the Korean twins in almost every external dimension except for the height. Meanwhile, interior space is where the S-Cross blows the other 3 out of the water. The external build quality of the S-Cross feels closer to the Skoda than the Koreans. However, the fact that 3 out of 4 cars have not been tested by the GNCAP places them on a similar position as far as safety is concerned.

No point comparing the S-Cross to sub-4m cars. There is simply no comparison.

For reference:

LENGTH || WIDTH || HEIGHT

4300 1785 1595 : S-CROSS
4225 1760 1612 : KUSHAQ
4315 1800 1645 : SELTOS
4300 1790 1635 : CRETA

Last edited by sierrabravo98 : 7th July 2021 at 00:39. Reason: Typos and addition.
sierrabravo98 is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 7th July 2021, 01:44   #838

Checked out Kushaq 1.0 Style versions in Udaipur on Jul 5, 2021 around 16:30 hours. There were 3 colours - Honey Orange, White and Brilliant Silver. IMHO Silver was the best looking. Showroom response was okayish. The guy I was in touch with was finishing off the sale for Octavia so he handed over all the Kushaq keys to another guy in the dealership. I had to remind him about putting on the mask for 2-3 times before he finally obliged. All the Kushaqs were parked in the basement workshop since the owner wanted to unveil the cars in a grand ceremony on Wednesday Jul 7, 2021 involving balloons and all.

Front seats are comfortable but rears seats are just okayish. You would only be able to sit 2 adults and 1 kid in the backseat if safety is one of the reasons you are buying it. For most of my childhood I was sitting in the lap of one of my Mausis during such journeys with no regards to safety. I know it was a horrible decision on behalf of my parents and other relatives but since most of them are already dead I can't blame them much. I don't know a single kid who would be ready to sit in the middle seat for a long time fore-going the masti of the corner seat. And if a kid is sitting in one of the corner seats then the other 2 adults won't enjoy the ride comfortably for sure. I asked whether an ISOFIX can be fixed at the middle seat, the person attending had zero idea.

I will take the TD of 1.0 AT on Saturday with my father to see how it drives. I have booked Carbon Steel 1.5 DSG on Jun 29, 2021 with a delivery date of Aug 22, 2021. But after learning about the horrific decision of skipping 6 air bags and TPMS on the top model I have been weighing my chances. Let's see how it goes in the next few days. Going to TD Jeep Compass Sports MT in the morning. Will let you folks know how it goes.

P.S. I enquired at the Skoda dealership about the bookings on June 29, 2021; they told me they had bookings for 39 Kushaqs - 10 of 1.5 DSG MT and 9 of 1.5 MT. But on Jul 5 they told me they have bookings for 41 Kushaqs in total. I asked them how come bookings have slowed down so much, they told me that waiting is over 2 months now and they don't want any disgruntled customers since in a small town like Udaipur people don't want to wait that much for a car. I just rolled my eyes and went out. Also when I enquired about the essential kit he told me that I can't buy my car without that; I immediately told him to cancel my booking. Then he softened up and said that we are supposed to push that but for you my lord, we won't be doing that. I laughed and told him to take care of himself and his family. Once I came out, I finally saw my FIL lighting one up (I clicked a pic for my treasure), and went walking towards him slowly to give him time to finish it up. We rode back in my Classic 500 with a smile.
vbd316 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th July 2021, 07:54   #839
BHPian

Seems like there are lot of mistakes in brochure

Brochure mentions Hill hold Assist for style variant with nothing as AT or MT.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Kushaq Review-screenshot_20210707075128.png  

maverickNerd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th July 2021, 09:41   #840
Senior - BHPian

It is almost 10 days since the launch and local dealer (tier 2 city) don't even have display car with them.

Display car/test drive car not available
No proper sales outlet
No service center
Overpriced
No proper follow ups

Last edited by Latheesh : 7th July 2021 at 09:47.
Latheesh is online now   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks