Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2021, 09:30   #1066
BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq Review

Here is the details of Maintenance plan.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Kushaq Review-screenshot_20210716092816.png  

Skoda Kushaq Review-screenshot_20210716092830.png  

maverickNerd is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th July 2021, 09:45   #1067
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Also just a comment on Nexon vs Kushaq build quality, if you put a Nexon side by side with a Kushaq, the Nexon will look more imposing and also in interior quality the Nexon feels better.
+1 Few days back I came across top of the line brand new white Nexon and it looked pretty nice and well screwed together. Interior looked pretty good except couple of minor rough edges.

Another ex-TML (sub) employee
Latheesh is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 16th July 2021, 10:14   #1068
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickNerd View Post
Here is the details of Maintenance plan.
20k extra for wipers, front brake pads and discs! Did they forget that the rear ones are drums and last for over 1 lakh kilometers on most cars? Thanks but no thanks Skoda!

Last edited by nitkel : 16th July 2021 at 10:17.
Old 16th July 2021, 10:35   #1069
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitkel View Post
20k extra for wipers, front brake pads and discs! Did they forget that the rear ones are drums and last for over 1 lakh kilometers on most cars? Thanks but no thanks Skoda!
Do you know if it is beneficial to buy standard plan ? There is no info on the cost of yearly service yet.
Old 16th July 2021, 10:41   #1070
BHPian

Quote:
Well let me address this part of your query as I had missed it last time! I have seen the Nexon and it is a nice package and the EV is also a nice car. But with a real range of 200km it does not fit my bill - I can't be charging it every day as I cover 105km in one day and I know it won't last even two days so I would have to charge it every day! Secondly I do have an independent home with inside parking but my home power connection is 3 phase 12.5 kW and if I were to add another 7.5Kw for the Nexon I would need to upgrade it to 20Kw and that is a bit of a hassle here in Gurgaon.
Also having been a ex-Tata Motors employee (20 years back) I have seen how they experience supplier quality issues firsthand and I can tell you that even now they are going through the same challenges. With an electric car the risk with low quality batteries, controllers, motors can be very high. Even Tesla has had problems of cars going up in flames initially. I personally would not feel safe in an Indian Electric car (yet) - but after 4-5 years I am sure my next car will be electric.

Also just a comment on Nexon vs Kushaq build quality, if you put a Nexon side by side with a Kushaq, the Nexon will look more imposing and also in interior quality the Nexon feels better.
if you are indeed travelling 105km everyday, the savings from an electric will be really good. Charging everyday wont be a bother. the standard plus for the nexon is a 15amps plug and I think the power rating is around 3kW, not 7.5. The battery itself is rated at 30kW and charges in about 8 hours. So, the power requirement wont be 7.5kW.
Old 16th July 2021, 10:46   #1071
BHPian

Quote:
Do you know if it is beneficial to buy standard plan ? There is no info on the cost of yearly service yet.
If we look at the standard plan it costs 25000 for 4 years, for each year it will cost you 6250, that's cheap considering the car is two segments above my Polo and I used to get bills in the range of 7000-8000 for yearly service.

6250rs is cheap for yearly or 15000 kilometers service of any vehicle or any manufacturer(in the price category of 12 to 20 lakhs). You should definitely get it. The other plans are expensive as wiper blades, disc pads and disc rotors are not that expensive and moreover you don't need them evey year.
yesyeswe is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th July 2021, 10:52   #1072
BHPian

Quote:
The standard plan is definitely VFM as yesyeswe stated. Other 2 plans are pure ripoffs!
Old 16th July 2021, 10:57   #1073
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
If we look at the standard plan it costs 25000 for 4 years, for each year it will cost you 6250, that's cheap considering the car is two segments above my Polo and I used to get bills in the range of 7000-8000 for yearly service.

6250rs is cheap for yearly or 15000 kilometers service of any vehicle or any manufacturer(in the price category of 12 to 20 lakhs). You should definitely get it. The other plans are expensive as wiper blades, disc pads and disc rotors are not that expensive and moreover you don't need them evey year.
Thanks, agree apart from standard plan, others are not at all worthy.

Do you have nay info on Skoda RSA, I purchased insurance from outside, does insurance has any relation to RSA, I don't think so, but reading somewhere. I hope Skoda RSA is for all for first 4 years.
Old 16th July 2021, 11:05   #1074
BHPian

Wow, Standard plan further proves that Skoda is damn serious with the Kushaq this time. The plan is no brainer as it covers all the essential things without costing a bomb. Every year my Polo costs 7-8k for service, this is simply clever from Skoda !!

Hoping that Taigun too will get such packages.
Old 16th July 2021, 11:06   #1075
BHPian

Quote:
... I purchased insurance from outside, does insurance has any relation to RSA, I don't think so, ....
Most Insurance companies provide RSA as an add-on cover that you can purchase. I have recently seen one companuy.. Bharati AXA or Bajaj Allianz (can't remember which one) that seems to offer RSA as part of the comprehensive coverage component itself.
Old 16th July 2021, 11:09   #1076
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lina View Post
if you are indeed travelling 105km everyday, the savings from an electric will be really good. Charging everyday wont be a bother. the standard plus for the nexon is a 15amps plug and I think the power rating is around 3kW, not 7.5. The battery itself is rated at 30kW and charges in about 8 hours. So, the power requirement wont be 7.5kW.
I will hold out for a few more years and wait till I am able to get an electric car with 400km range (maybe a Tesla )
Then I will take the plunge to electric and upgrade the whole setup. I have ridden in a Tesla Model 3 in Dubai/ Abu Dhabi (hired it in Uber Black) and it is just amazing.

Last edited by Behemoth : 16th July 2021 at 11:33.
Old 16th July 2021, 11:11   #1077
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
Most Insurance companies provide RSA as an add-on cover that you can purchase. I have recently seen one companuy.. Bharati AXA or Bajaj Allianz (can't remember which one) that seems to offer RSA as part of the comprehensive coverage component itself.

But here it mentions that it is free for all the cars from skoda side, it doesn't mention that it comes as part of insurance (https://www.skoda-auto.co.in/aid/knowledge-base-sales) :
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Kushaq Review-capture.png  

Skoda Kushaq Review-capture1.png  

Last edited by maverickNerd : 16th July 2021 at 11:12. Reason: Added a link to knowledgebase
Old 16th July 2021, 11:11   #1078
BHPian

Quote:
I will hold out for a few more years and wait till I am able to get an electric car with 400km range (maybe a Telsa )
Then I will take the plunge to electric and upgrade the whole setup.
Haha I get it. Im waiting for a 600km real world range car. Which means the claimed range needs to be 600 miles

600km because pretty much the max I will drive in a day.
Old 16th July 2021, 11:24   #1079
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I will hold out for a few more years and wait till I am able to get an electric car with 400km range (maybe a Telsa )
Then I will take the plunge to electric and upgrade the whole setup.
MG ZS already gives you 420 km range. If someone is looking for a small SUV around 20 Lakhs, another 2 lakhs and you get an EV SUV with negligible running costs!

Last edited by Guna : 16th July 2021 at 11:25.
Guna is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th July 2021, 11:31   #1080
Distinguished - BHPian

First day deliveries of Skoda Kushaq at TAFE Access Ltd @ Bangalore:

volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks