Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2021, 13:11   #1096

Re: Skoda Kushaq Review

The whole decision of AT style not getting 6 airbags and tpms doesn't make any sense. There have been various comments saying they may have intentionally held up the feature so as to provide the same in a monte carlo edition but then the same could have been not provided in the MT version of style. Also, they could have kept the same gap between MT and AT version in ambition for the style variant and without removing anything since the only major difference between AT and MT would have been gearbox. Cost cutting doesn't make any sense because a person who is paying for the top variant will not hold of his purchase for maybe a marginal increase in ex showroom price for the 4 airbags. No wonder ambition variant is shown as the most booked version till date (%) This strategic misjudgement on Skodas part may result in major of the booking cancellations or sales drop in future. Hope some sense prevails and they correct their mistakes sooner than later.
Sammy1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2021, 13:12   #1097
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickNerd View Post
No, Autocar is not always right, check this video, you can see 0-100 1.0 TSI in 12.5 sec multiple times
Autocar tests using GPS based data-loggers which measure true speeds as compared to the speedometer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by any23 View Post

It is not any brands fault, i feel they are trying to satisfy customers, we all wanted Skoda to do a Creta/Seltos and they tried, why we all complaining that it is not up to the mark with Skoda standards, we wanted a Creta/Seltos with a Skoda badge, here it is.
A Creta/Seltos with a Skoda badge should be sized and specced like a Creta/Seltos. A small premium for the brand is justified only if they have the size, space and features to match the competition. Right now they don't, so the premium is not justified. Members are grumbling about the price as it disappoints as a total package for the asking price. Of course, some will see value in it and buy the car anyway.
nitkel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th July 2021, 14:01   #1098
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitkel View Post
A Creta/Seltos with a Skoda badge should be sized and specced like a Creta/Seltos. A small premium for the brand is justified only if they have the size, space and features to match the competition. Right now they don't, so the premium is not justified. Members are grumbling about the price as it disappoints as a total package for the asking price. Of course, some will see value in it and buy the car anyway.
Even if Skoda could have copied the Creta/Seltos, rebadged it and kept in showrooms the customers would not have been satisfied, customers then might have said drive & dynamics is missing, the car is not solidly built- it doesn’t have that thud anymore etc. the same customer might have been heard of saying why skoda didn’t stick to their DNA of ride and handling.

My neighbour purchased creta base model and spent almost 2 lakhs to upgrade it’s featutes where as Kushaq base model is fairly equipped you don’t even have to go outside to fit a infotainment system leave aside some basic safety features. Buyers who find panoramic sunroof, disco light and that bling will go for Creta/Seltos, those looking for drive,handling, built, age well design will go for Kushaq.

Personally out of the three cars Kushaq, Creta, Seltos i like Seltos interiors the most. , but if one can get used to the way present gen. creta (first gen. creta was my favourite SUV, if i am in market to buy a SUV and first gen. is available i will buy it any day, even over Kushaq) looks then there is no doubt that over a period of time one can get used to the interiors of Kushaq.

Last edited by any23 : 17th July 2021 at 14:04.
any23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2021, 14:36   #1099
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by any23 View Post
My neighbour purchased creta base model and spent almost 2 lakhs to upgrade it’s featutes where as Kushaq base model is fairly equipped you don’t even have to go outside to fit a infotainment system leave aside some basic safety features. Buyers who find panoramic sunroof, disco light and that bling will go for Creta/Seltos, those looking for drive, handling, built, age well design will go for Kushaq.
The thing is we enthusiasts often forget that those bling features really uplift the overall ambience of the car and help in generating that premium feel. A driver may not care much, but passengers really do care about those features! Also, people don't buy SUVs for ride and handling, they buy it for the high GC, imposing looks, visibility and space. For everything else, there are sedans and sports cars. As for build quality and design, only time will tell. The Kushaq already looks old IMO, especially in the Active variant.

Last edited by nitkel : 17th July 2021 at 14:38.
nitkel is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 17th July 2021, 17:21   #1100
BHPian

I saw this picture on MarketWatch website today (picture was in the context of fear of a looming stock market crash), but it seems like a perfect picture which Skoda can use to justify their action of skipping airbags in "the build" vs "number of airbags" debate i.e. sometimes build matters more than airbags.
On a side note, my respect for Toyota increased up a notch after looking at this
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Kushaq Review-123.png  

Old 17th July 2021, 18:22   #1101
BHPian

On the name Kushaq

https://twitter.com/MisraNityanand/s...210016259?s=19

Skoda Kushaq Review-screenshot_20210717182013.png

Skoda Kushaq Review-screenshot_20210717182021.png
maxratul is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 17th July 2021, 21:18   #1102
BHPian

Quote:
The thing is we enthusiasts often forget that those bling features really uplift the overall ambience of the car and help in generating that premium feel. A driver may not care much, but passengers really do care about those features! Also, people don't buy SUVs for ride and handling, they buy it for the high GC, imposing looks, visibility and space. For everything else, there are sedans and sports cars. As for build quality and design, only time will tell. The Kushaq already looks old IMO, especially in the Active variant.
After taking TD of Kushaq i told my wife our Rapid is much better, we still like the way Rapid's interior feel, it feels premium, you don't end up leaving finger touch marks all over the place, all touch points feel premium, and the black and beige interiors makes the cabin alive. And it has nothing to do with being a enthusiast, i would like to highlight that even alto's, wagonR's overtake me on highways

As i said the bling will last for initial days, and the feature lists like the ambient light, disco light are not something that ads to the premium. And it is not like Kushaq interiors are not premium, they are premium, but you will have to maintain it well as it incorporates lot of shiny plastics, and whatever cars we are seeing in TD are not maintained top notch, if one have to take feel of the cabin one must go and feel the vehicle ready for delivery.
any23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2021, 09:04   #1103

When I bought the Rapid, it was just after a test drive of Duster and the Rapid. The Rapid felt more robust, more 'SUV' than the Duster, which felt lightweight, relatively fragile. That was a strong factor in going for the Rapid. What you say about the Kushaq makes sense. The best thing to do is to test drive. Then go with your priorities.
Mkone is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th July 2021, 10:21   #1104
BHPian

Quote:
Autocar tests using GPS based data-loggers which measure true speeds as compared to the speedometer.

Just like everyone is looking at Seltos owner's manual and their quote, Kushaq's manual shows manual 0-100 timing as 10.6 sec and auto 11.7 sec.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Kushaq Review-pxl_20210717_121021139.jpg  

maverickNerd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2021, 11:00   #1105
Team-BHP Support

With the bigger brother, the Skoda Karoq -

Skoda Kushaq Review-screenshot-20210718-10.53.19-am.jpg

Skoda Kushaq Review-screenshot-20210718-10.51.53-am.jpg

(Source - 'Shyjal Raazi' on Youtube)

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 18th July 2021 at 11:07.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 18th July 2021, 18:31   #1106

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxratul View Post
On the name Kushaq

Attachment 2180424
I had raised this question a month ago, but I wasn't sure, though. Looks like it turns out to be correct! I wasn't surprised by the ignorance of our media, considering their incompetency in fact-checking more important news. https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post5084127 (Skoda Kushaq | A Close Look & Preview)
pocketaces is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th July 2021, 23:29   #1107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
With the bigger brother, the Skoda Karoq -

Attachment 2180610

Attachment 2180611

(Source - 'Shyjal Raazi' on Youtube)
The blacked out grille looks total mafia.
Old 19th July 2021, 10:36   #1108
BHPian

Took a TD of 1.0MT variant at Tafe access, Mangalore last weekend and it was a superb experience overall. Knowing Skoda dealers and being Kushaq a newly launched one, I had set my expectations a bit low, however to my surprise except for a couple of folks, the showroom was nearly empty. SA was assigned in few mins and got to spend nearly 2 hours checking the car which includes a fairly long 20kms TD. SA was only 7 months into the job except for a goof up on valet mode I was super impressed with his knowledge level.

I have fairly little experience driving different kinds of cars. So my thoughts are basically from the experience of driving Ford`s for almost a decade. My TD route included full of dirt and potholes and a mix of highway and city driving conditions. So I think I am eligible enough to comment on few aspects of the car, particularly from my current steed Ecosport`s perspective.
I felt the interior is definitely a premium one, although there are hard plastics everywhere the moment you step in you will feel the upmarket cabin experience. One quick observation though, unlike in Ecosport, you can`t change the ambient light colour in Kushaq. Overall cabin experience, fit and finish is definitely an upgrade. Coming to driving dynamics, I felt suspension is well sorted and unlike ecosport this one gallops uneven surfaces and bad roads with ease. I will exclude the handling part for now and I expecting to get a fairly long TD in my city this Friday, so I will reserve my comments until then. Now coming to the engine, it was my first drive with turbo petrol and having driven turbo diesel for more than 2 lakh km, I am always kind of uncomfortable to drive NA petrol but this one turned out to be a comfortable one to drive. As expected this one was eager to pull right from 1700rpm, the exhaust grunt you feel while upshifting is so addictive. The car just glides through speed breakers in 2nd gear without making any fuss. However, one thing I am eagerly looking to check is the car behaviour in fully loaded conditions in ghat sections.
Overall I felt this can be a potential upgrade for Ecosport owners. Although Skoda`s infamous service and costlier spare parts are still a downer, the car ticks the right boxes for me to consider upgrading. But having owned Ford for almost a decade, I am just spoiled by Ford`s service quality and peace of mind. With Ford`s future in India is still in limbo, I will wait till I drive 1.5TSI to take a final call.

For those who have booked, I see the essential accessories kit is priced at Rs 18799 and it includes the below items which I felt is an absolute rip off. My dealer informed me that they don`t have a price breakup of the items packaged as a part of the kit as Skoda is yet to provide the official accessories pricing, so as a result, they can`t sell it as a separate item.
Skoda Kushaq Review-whatsapp-image-20210719-09.24.22.jpeg

Last edited by DragonHawk : 19th July 2021 at 10:38.
DragonHawk is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th July 2021, 12:13   #1109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonHawk View Post
Took a TD of 1.0MT variant at Tafe access, Mangalore last weekend and it was a superb experience overall.

I test drove the 1.0 MT style and booked a 1.5MT style. This test kit is a total rip off. What is this "safety key"?

Last edited by Aditya : 19th July 2021 at 18:14. Reason: Quoted text trimmed
Old 19th July 2021, 12:30   #1110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lina View Post
I test drove the 1.0 MT style and booked a 1.5MT style. This test kit is a total rip off. What is this "safety key"?
I guess it is a corona safety key similar to the one you will find as accessory for other Skoda cars.

Name:  Untitled.png
Views: 2941
Size:  80.9 KB

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks