Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2021, 03:33   #1171
BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Few pictures of the Kushaq Active in Tornado red, that we saw at the showroom today.
I believe Sir, you are having quite regular visits to the Skoda showroom
Red looks ravishing on kushaq, but I think If I have to buy it, I would go with either white or silver colors, as they are more neutral and also no more color discussions in family.

About the looks, as I have previously mentioned, it looks classy, I like how beautifully they have done the back.

I had a look at Jeep Compass longitude and really liked it, it is costing approx 24.5 lacs on road and kushaq is costing 17.5 lacks on road for the top end 1.0 TSI manual, I don’t think paying 7 lacs more is something I can afford right now, and also it’s quite hard to convince my family that even after paying 7 lacs more, Jeep will still accommodate 5 people only

I am the first car enthusiast in my family, so it’s hard to justify things you love about car.

I am waiting for VW Taigun to launch, will visit the showroom and do a TD before I finalise kushaq.

For me positives for Taigun are digital cockpit, and integrated touchscreen and may be a bigger sunroof
and on negative side, well first could be the pricing and the second could be it ends up looking polo on steroids. Waiting eagerly for them to finally launch it now.
EmpyreanKnight is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th July 2021, 16:43   #1172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Well let me try to explain this based on my experience with the Yeti earlier. Basically what Skoda uses in its compressors is a VRF (variable refrigerant flow) compressor in which the refrigerant flowing through the AC system is regulated by the Temperature sensors and the AC control module. There are two issues here which happen:
Can any owners confirm AC performance?

Based on the video, it's cooling well even when idling. It was 47.3c in the cabin and within 5 mins, the temperature dropped to 33.5C.

And inside the AC vents, it was 6.2c

Last edited by Sheel : 29th July 2021 at 21:25. Reason: Please quote selectively. Thanks.
anto1212 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2021, 17:07   #1173
Senior - BHPian

Gagan Choudhary's Kushaq review is out.

Praises-
Handling
High speed ride
Build quality (also says it's not as good as previous Skoda cars)
Performance

Criticizes-
Space utilization for 5 adults and larger adults not being comfy in front seat
Missing equipment
Interior quality of materials
Steering feedback
Low speed ride quality
Refinement WRT Koreans

Miscellaneous-
1) Wireless charging was not working
2) MID stopped working in video
3) AC stops cooling at higher rpms (4K+)
07CR is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 27th July 2021, 18:07   #1174
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anto1212 View Post

Based on the video, it's cooling well even when idling. It was 47.3c in the cabin and within 5 mins, the temperature dropped to 33.5C.

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=g5Nb...nel=BunnyPunia
I think this video itself show how the AC is less effective that other cars! The norm for cars like Ford / Hyundai is a 4-5 degree Celsius Ac vent Temperature when car is run for 30 min (idling)
When the grill temperature is 6-7 degrees the effectiveness is lower.
I remember in my Yeti it was 7 degrees and it was very ineffective. Later on they replaced the compressor with a higher capacity one and also increased idle rpm by 50 (from 720 to 770) which could generate 4.5 degree grill temperature.
But the Yeti had a 2 L diesel engine which had sufficient power. In case of the Kushaq with the 1L engine it may not have sufficient power at idling to run a higher capacity compressor. The 1.5 L engine should though.
Behemoth is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 27th July 2021, 19:25   #1175
BHPian

Quote:
I think this video itself show how the AC is less effective that other cars! The norm for cars like Ford / Hyundai is a 4-5 degree Celsius Ac vent Temperature
Thanks for the clarification. Does this apply to Taigun as well? Does VW use the same VRF compressor for all its cars?

Last edited by Sheel : 29th July 2021 at 21:27. Reason: Please quote selectively. Thanks.
Old 27th July 2021, 19:44   #1176
BHPian

Have been driving the car around since two days As I’m home for my week offs. Drove 70 odd kms within my suburb in mumbai in the morning, afternoon and night as well. In the afternoons, leaving the AC in Auto and Lo cools the car within no time and the AC cuts off in five minutes. In the evenings, it takes no time to get the cabin cooled.

So far, I have loved how the car handles in the pothole filled roads of Mumbai. Did some short sprints on open roads late last night with 4 people on board and she pulls just as good As a one liter pot should pull. My friends who were with me and who own other CSUVs loved the NVH levels as well as the rear legroom. Android Auto worked like a charm with the Oneplus Nord 2 and I am very happy with Skoda Sound speakers. The sound system gives a very premium feel to the ears. Mine is the Ambition variant, so it doesn’t have the subwoofer, but the bass from the speakers is more than enough for my taste.

I’m pretty disappointed in the rear camera quality cos I’ve seen much better ones in other cars in this price range, but it gets the job done. Active guidelines would have been a boon. Also, I wish there was a way the DRLs turn on when the car unlocks. And god knows what Skoda were thinking when they decided to go ahead with such small mirrors on the OVRM. They should have been 20% bigger.

Have placed an order for seat covers and leatherette lamination on the entire flooring. Will post some pictures once they are on.
varun_ro is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 27th July 2021, 21:41   #1177
BHPian

Are there any 1.0 Automatic owners? What’s the real-time mileage in the city? How’s the NVH levels? Any vibrations on the door or steering wheel?
Old 28th July 2021, 11:01   #1178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anto1212 View Post

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=g5Nb...nel=BunnyPunia
Quote:
I think this video itself show how the AC is less effective that other cars! The norm for cars like Ford / Hyundai is a 4-5 degree Celsius Ac vent Temperature when car is run for 30 min (idling)
+1 @Behemoth

That's actually somewhat disappointing performance from the AC of Kushaq. I had checked out kind of a similar video for AC performance of Ecosport, from the channel Left lane driver. Before starting the AC, temperature inside the ecosport was at 63 degrees, which came down to 32.9 degrees in just 1 minute 22 seconds. Kushaq in the above video took 5 minutes to cool down from 51 degrees to 33 degrees! That's roughly more than 4 times better cooling than the Kushaq. Similar conditions for Ecosport, where driver did not rev the engine. It could be because of the bigger engine of Ecosport (1.5D), and Kushaq 1.5 might fare better here.

Last edited by 07CR : 28th July 2021 at 11:10.
07CR is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 28th July 2021, 13:34   #1179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
Before starting the AC, temperature inside the ecosport was at 63 degrees, which came down to 32.9 degrees in just 1 minute 22 seconds. Kushaq in the above video took 5 minutes to cool down from 51 degrees to 33 degrees!
You can check the video here
Worth noting that EcoSport is operating at max cool with max fan speed , while Kushaq is at medium fan speed. Its also known that , Ford uses better AC compressor than the rest of its competitors in any segment. Maruti is a close second.

As long as the Kushaq offers similar cooling to existing post 2012 VAG cars , it will be liveable imo. As per my experience on the test drive car , it works well enough if it is set at 17 , but cuts out a bit early at 22
Old 28th July 2021, 17:07   #1180
Senior - BHPian

Zac Hollis regarding AC performance in Kushaq.

Skoda Kushaq Review-smartselect_20210728170559_twitter.jpg

Skoda Kushaq Review-smartselect_20210728170613_twitter.jpg

Skoda Kushaq Review-smartselect_20210728170624_twitter.jpg

Link

Last edited by Venkatesh : 28th July 2021 at 17:09.
Venkatesh is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 28th July 2021, 18:03   #1181
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Zac Hollis regarding AC performance in Kushaq.

Link
I must say that the way in which social media warriors treat brand representatives is inappropriate. While OP had a genuine question, the SAVAGEBATMAN handle went really aggressive for no apparent reason. Respect to Zac for his patience and customer centric approach.
rahulvv is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 29th July 2021, 21:24   #1182
Team-BHP Support

Came to know from the dealership that the 17-inch alloys from the Style variant costs 8500/- per piece.

Active / Ambition owners wanting to upgrade should factor in the additional cost of tyres as well.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th July 2021, 21:45   #1183
BHPian

Planning to buy the Kushaq 1.0 AT in the next few weeks - however am thoroughly confused whether to buy the Ambition or the Style variant. There is a difference of about 2L onroad and I don't really need the sunroof.
The alloys on the Ambition are very plain Jane , so I would end up spending around 40k for an upgrade.

Question is - does the interior trim , kessy, auto irvm, ventilated seats add much value to justify the additional outlay ?
JishD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2021, 00:39   #1184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JishD View Post
Planning to buy the Kushaq 1.0 AT in the next few weeks - however am thoroughly confused whether to buy the Ambition or the Style variant. There is a difference of about 2L onroad and I don't really need the sunroof.
The alloys on the Ambition are very plain Jane , so I would end up spending around 40k for an upgrade.

Question is - does the interior trim , kessy, auto irvm, ventilated seats add much value to justify the additional outlay ?

That's not even the main difference in my opinion. At least Carwale website shows that the Style gets 6 airbags and hill hold confrol as well.

I'd personally place the 6 airbags and ventilated seats quite high. These are not mods I can do aftermarket and hence if they are important, it's worth paying the premium.

Kessy, sunroof, auto headlamps etc are just additional luxuries that you can easily live without.
krishnakumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2021, 06:29   #1185

Quote:
Originally Posted by JishD View Post

If you are on a budget go for an Ambition, you get most of the must have features.

Most of the things being lost can be retro-fitted, namely:
1. Leather seats and door pads
2. Alloys
3. Amplifier and Woofer
4. Auto IRVM

Things that cannot be fitted:
1. Sunroof which you don't need anyway
2. Ventilated seats
3. Kessy

BTW, both Ambition and Style only get 2 airbags in automatic.
heartonwheelz is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks