Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2021, 21:42   #1201

Re: Skoda Kushaq Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by JishD View Post
That is correct - I do not gain anything from a safety perspective since both Ambition and Style have 2 airbags.

As it stands , the only gains I see are the ventilated seats , alloys , auto IRVM, rear LED lights. My current Polo alloys (Momo revenge) are a direct fit, so I can swap them out. I don't like the leatherette seats on the Style. And the chrome trims on the outside are more a negative than a positive.

I love ventilated seats , and auto IRVM is a boon - but finding it hard to justify paying additional 2L for just these two features.
Hi JishD,
My 2 cents. How long do you intend to keep the vehicle ? If its for 6-7+ years , and if money is not really a problem. If its only about " VFM" , i would say its subjective.

I had bought by Figo Exi in 2010. The top variant had Bluetooth and I felt whats the need when I can connect an AUX cable and listen to music. I had no real money issues. Turns out , I still miss foregoing a Bluetooth system in the Figo for a few thousands..

In the subsequent launches across car companies, Bluetooth became a given and I felt all the more handicapped.

It dint have airbags too and each time I took my car on the highway, I wasn't fully confident of safety and hesitated crossing speed of 80-90. This has happened for 11 years now ! How do you put a price tag on that?

Agreed Bluetooth and airbags weren't commonplace then but soon my car started looking dated.

I would readily put a premium on factory fitted top of the line variant instead of after market hassle and fear of something going wrong. Affects resalebility too at times.

I am not a big fan of aftermarket fitments as I have heard couple of stories from friends where they felt something amiss , even from reliable garages.

So my take is if you really want a feature and going to keep the car for long, its worth it. For all you know, ventilated seats ( its only going to get hotter in the coming years!!) and Auto IRVM might be must have features couple of years down the line even in base models of CSUVs and that is when you rue your decisions. With new launches of other companies lined up, its a real possibility.

The alloys are diamond cut and clearly differentiate this as the top variant. The rear LEDs look really cool in the videos I have seen. I feel its a big differentiator. No ? What about TPMS too?

You might not need a sunroof but you never know when you might need one to be "appreciated". "Wow "sunroof ( a kid who sits in your car for the 1st time or someone who hasn't experienced it before like a relative / friend / colleague). What premium do you put on that feeling of pride ? Or the other way round - someone asking " Why dint you get a sunroof ? " !

A sunroof makes the cabin look roomier / less claustrophobic. You can keep it closed when you dont need it and forget about it.

Choose the best of what ever is available if money is not a concern. A 12-13% increase in what you are shelling out is worth it if you want a feature / would need it in the future. Instead of justifying your " logical " purchase each time to your self.

If the leatherette and chrome bothers you beyond a limit, its a different story.

A stupid but important point :

Not sure if it matters to you / your family but :

A Style variant will give you understated bragging rights as well?
Kaunsa variant liya hai aapne ? "Top wala" ( in a subtle manner) will be your answer each time to lesser knowledgeable souls !

Cheers !
AB84 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th July 2021, 22:09   #1202
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Please confirm if the alloys are of 100 mm PCD. I suspect they are of 112.5 mm PCD. If you visit the showroom again, just keep a paper besides the wheel and mark the centre of the bolt head/cap and check the PCD.
Alloys are 100mm PCD. I have checked ETKA database for VAG.
agambhandari is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th July 2021, 22:44   #1203
Senior - BHPian

Seeing a base variant Kushaq in Orange shade regularly. To be honest, it appears smaller as the smaller size debate/ comments are etched on my mind.

While the fit & finish does look acceptable, to me it looks apt for market runs & nuclear families than ferrying 3 gens (with 3rd gen being kids) together.
CARDEEP is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2021, 07:56   #1204
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
to me it looks apt for market runs & nuclear families than ferrying 3 gens (with 3rd gen being kids) together.
This is true. Kushaq is targetted at urban 20-30's buyer who is either a bachelor or has a small family 2+2. If you are looking for a family of five large size adults who frequently does long journeys, you are better off with Korean twins/MG Astor.
07CR is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2021, 09:30   #1205
Senior - BHPian

I entered contact details to express interest in Kushaq few months back. Now a days I get 1-2 marketing calls everyday from them and so far received ~25 calls. As some of you know I pre-booked Kushaq and cancelled it. Do any of you face this problem? It is becoming really disturbing.
Old 31st July 2021, 09:42   #1206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
I entered contact details to express interest in Kushaq few months back. Now a days I get 1-2 marketing calls everyday from them and so far received ~25 calls. As some of you know I pre-booked Kushaq and cancelled it. Do any of you face this problem? It is becoming really disturbing.
This is precisely the reason I never share my contact details either online or at the dealership, when I am merely evaluating a product. The never ending calls are a nuisance. 25 calls is a bit too much - bordering on harassment!
Old 31st July 2021, 10:08   #1207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
This is true. Kushaq is targetted at urban 20-30's buyer who is either a bachelor or has a small family 2+2. If you are looking for a family of five large size adults who frequently does long journeys, you are better off with Korean twins/MG Astor.
Kushaq is definitely a 4+1 vehicle - but we need to dispel the false aura that the Korean twins are comfortable 5 seaters. Stick to the Safari/Harrier/Hector if you need to travel 5 large adults regularly.

If you travel 4+1 , Kushaq has more actual rear kneeroom than Seltos or Creta.
JishD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2021, 10:11   #1208
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
I faced quite the opposite. We needed a smaller car for home use, and I wanted the Kushaq. Contacted the Skoda dealer here to find out on delivery times, and it seemed it would take too long. Then enquired about the Rapid 1.0tsi, and got the price list etc. Post that, not a single follow up (till date), while in the meantime the Vento 1.0tsi was more vfm than the Rapid and we ended up getting one.
Old 31st July 2021, 10:15   #1209
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JishD View Post
Kushaq is definitely a 4+1 vehicle - but we need to dispel the false aura that the Korean twins are comfortable 5 seaters. Stick to the Safari/Harrier/Hector if you need to travel 5 large adults regularly.

If you travel 4+1 , Kushaq has more actual rear kneeroom than Seltos or Creta.
I found the Legroom marginally better in Kushaq, than Seltos/Creta. However the interior width of Koreans is significantly better than Kushaq. Ofcourse Hector/Harrier are in a different league, but IMO Seltos/Creta are great 5 seaters for people with average build.
07CR is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2021, 12:41   #1210
BHPian

Which is more fuel-efficient 1.0 AT or 1.5 DSG in city conditions?

Heard 1.0 AT is the least fuel-efficient variant!
Old 31st July 2021, 13:27   #1211

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousnewbie View Post
Similar story. Went ahead with Harrier XZA+ DT. Should get it by this Friday. Maybe I’ll buy a ŠKODA EV in the future.
Online booking amount gets credited to dealer’s account. JMD ŠKODA (Thane) confirmed that and the dealer will issue the cheque for refund.
Thank you so much for your input. I reached out to the dealership and they have refunded the booking amount.
vbd316 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2021, 17:43   #1212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anto1212 View Post
Which is more fuel-efficient 1.0 AT or 1.5 DSG in city conditions?

Heard 1.0 AT is the least fuel-efficient variant!
In city conditions , expect both to give between 8-11. Highway trips, if cruising between 60-80 can result in some insane FE numbers from the 1.5 .
Old 1st August 2021, 00:58   #1213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Absolutely loved the 1.5L TSI motor, fantastic 6-speed MT (best manual I've shifted in a long time), solid build and perfect suspension tune.
I wish the 1.0 TSI AT and MT were reviewed in as much details as you have the 1.5 TSI. I know there’s a line or two in your report but considering that the 1.0 would attract most, would have loved to read your review of those two

I am still vacillating between cancelling my Sonet booking and going for one of the 1.0 TSI offerings. A good incisive report on both/either would be just what I need to nudge be in the right direction at this stage
armumbai is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st August 2021, 08:03   #1214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by armumbai View Post
I wish the 1.0 TSI AT and MT were reviewed in as much details as you have the 1.5 TSI. I know there’s a line or two in your report but considering that the 1.0 would attract most, would have loved to read your review of those two
I second this. The official review, as always, was comprehensive but the drive comments were mostly (or only?) on the 1.5. Would love to hear the Team BHP official, expert take on the 1.0 which is definitely going to be the segment that the majority would be eyeing.

Hope this request can be taken up...for both the 1.0 MT and AT. Thanks.
RPM1706 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st August 2021, 12:39   #1215
Distinguished - BHPian

ŠKODA Kushaq opens its sales account in the monthly sales chart. Sells/dispatches 1800 units in July. Bookings cross 6000.

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 1st August 2021 at 12:54.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks