Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2021, 14:16   #1231
BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
Saw the Kushaq yesterday on the sea link. The car's road presence is very very.....well low!

The Sonet has equal if not better road presence than the Kushaq. Slightly disappointed with the same.

I feel the Polo is as good as the Kushaq, while costing almost 50-60% of the price.
+1 to that. I saw it in a mall's parking lot. Looks more like a Nexon in height and a venue in terms of width ( you know what I mean - it's quite low slung to be called a SUV). Road presence is closer to Kiger/Magnite than Ecosport/Sonet/XUV300.

But- looks way better than any cars in CSUV segment. Clean lines, good paint quality and proportionate size overall. If one is not so keen on bloated size and "butch looks", THis is one of the better options in this segment.
Nav-i-gator is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2021, 16:04   #1232
BHPian

Quote:
I feel the Polo is as good as the Kushaq, while costing almost 50-60% of the price.
Features aside , the only bugbear in the Polo room is the abysmal rear seat space . As I found out over the years , the rear seat gets more and more important as the family grows. The second issue which creeps up is when seniors get more 'senior' and struggle with ingress and egress.

That's where the Kushaq / Taigun twins come in. In the 1.0 trim , they will offer as much as the Polo in terms of ride/handling/performance, and then add that dose of practicality through a relatively spacious rear seat and better ground clearance.

What price you put on that practicality depends on individual needs, and how one sees those needs evolving in the medium term.
JishD is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2021, 18:15   #1233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarBorne View Post
The saving grace in case of Kushaq is the option to buy a fully kitted car even for the smaller engine - Seltos doesn't offer this. The performance engines are out of budget in either case.
That would be the Sonet. That’s the fully lifted car with a smaller engine and also a bit compact too. Kushaq has just been kept at >4 mtrs to make people believe it’s in the Seltos / Creta segment. Well the 1.5 should be, but the 1.0, naaahhh. Just marketing gimmikery
armumbai is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2021, 22:33   #1234
BHPian

Quote:
On the similar lines, I feel Rapid(especially Rider) has much better value proposition than Polo. Except for low-slung seating, everything is perfect with Rapid. Lets not forget that 460L boot space.
ramki.grandhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2021, 13:59   #1235
BHPian

Didn't quite like the seats on my Ambition so went ahead and got the seats done and also installed floor lamination. Not everyone might like the color and camera definitely isn't doing justice to how good the red is looking. I anyways intend to change the color once again after a year or two, so thought of getting matching interiors just for the heck of it. Was planning tan before. But then went with this. It kinda grows on you. Looks beautiful at night.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Kushaq Review-img_20210804_1345502.jpg  

Skoda Kushaq Review-img20210804134629.jpg  

Skoda Kushaq Review-img_20210804_134559.jpg  

Skoda Kushaq Review-img20210804134044.jpg  

Skoda Kushaq Review-img20210804125729.jpg  

varun_ro is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 4th August 2021, 16:49   #1236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddleShifter View Post
So, my final choice would have been Kushaq (if budget no issue) or S-Cross (when budget is given a strong consideration).
Is it just me that thinks that the Seltos has a very bumpy ride and should be a factor when deciding between the two? Or have I just been spoiled by the Ecosport and the duster.

Last edited by vb-saan : 5th August 2021 at 08:50. Reason: For better reading experience (especially from smartphones) please do not quote the whole post. Thank you!
sid3091 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2021, 17:22   #1237
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid3091 View Post
Is it just me that thinks that the seltos has a very bumpy ride and should be a factor when deciding between the two? Or have i just been spoiled by the ecosport and the duster.

The Seltos has a firm ride for sure, However, I would not say that it is 'very' bumpy.
I found it's ride on bad roads, to be slightly more absorbent than my old Polo.
On smooth roads, at higher speeds, it felt settled, just like the Polo.

P.S. Tyre pressure was 38PSI on the Seltos.
abhishek46 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2021, 06:45   #1238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek46 View Post
The Seltos has a firm ride for sure, However, I would not say that it is 'very' bumpy.
I found it's ride on bad roads, to be slightly more absorbent than my old Polo.
On smooth roads, at higher speeds, it felt settled, just like the Polo.

P.S. Tyre pressure was 38PSI on the Seltos.
I think i need to drive it more. I'm mostly the rear passenger in the seltos.
Old 5th August 2021, 20:15   #1239
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapis_lazuli View Post
Excellent review, except, I could not but wonder why they left out the underbody protection plate exposing the sump and the oil filter! And what's with this plastic sump ? Even in my Superb, the sump is plastic! It seems like similar material to me, or am I mistaken? Not done then! Absolutely not done!

https://www.team-bhp.com/carpics/202...-kushaq-13.jpg
Guys, the sump is not made of plastic. The same engine is installed in the Taigun too and it is made of metal. Can confirm it.
Gannu_1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2021, 09:15   #1240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varun_ro View Post
Didn't quite like the seats on my Ambition so went ahead and got the seats done and also installed floor lamination. Not everyone might like the color and camera definitely isn't doing justice to how good the red is looking. I anyways intend to change the color once again after a year or two, so thought of getting matching interiors just for the heck of it. Was planning tan before. But then went with this. It kinda grows on you. Looks beautiful at night.
Looks fantastic Varun. Where in Mumbai did you get it done from, how was your experience and what was the cost?
Old 6th August 2021, 09:24   #1241
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulvv View Post
Looks fantastic Varun. Where in Mumbai did you get it done from, how was your experience and what was the cost?
Thank you. Got it done in Borivali. I know the guys since years. Cost of the seats including labour was 9500 and that of the matting for the entire car was 3600. They took three days to get the seats ready as they first uninstalled the seats and took it to their warehouse for getting them fitted with the covers.
Old 6th August 2021, 10:23   #1242
Distinguished - BHPian

Skoda Kushaq opens its sales figures in July-21.

Though not much in numbers it is the best seller for the group. Expect figures of ~ 2000 once the 1.5 TSI starts its deliveries.

Skoda Kushaq Review-1.jpg

Source: Auto Punditz

Last edited by volkman10 : 6th August 2021 at 10:25.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2021, 11:00   #1243
BHPian

After weeks of see-sawing, decided to book the Kushaq basic model (Active). Thought it had the best VFM for my usage in the 1.0 engine category and other two are definitely over-priced by a lakh and a half atleast, in my opinion. Did think about the Ambition but was put off by the alloys it was offering.

Hoped that the Taigun presented a better option but its looks are hideous from the rear and may may not stand the test of time with the excessive chrome and those rear bulky and unappealing C lights.

The Kushaq style model does need some after market additions to bring it upto par and thus wanted an opinion.
1. Electric ORVM’s are a must. The switch for the Ambition and Style ORVM seems to be the same. Is it just additional wiring and motors required for an after market upgrade? Any thoughts how easy this would be?
2. Climate Control - Guess have to live with the regular aircon controls.
3. Rear wiper - How easy would this fitment be?
4. Alloys - Can be done
5. Shark fin antenna - Assuming this is simple and need it as I have a low roof parking.
6. Rear camera - Would assume this cannot be fitted into any existing LCD consoles.

Thoughts appreciated....
yeggina is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2021, 11:11   #1244
BHPian

All those who are planning to buy Kushaq, do sit at the rear and check the comfort levels on speed breakers. In my test drive, I felt that the ride was very stiff for city. In a city of speed breakers (Bangalore), it can be a deal breaker.
Old 6th August 2021, 11:23   #1245
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeggina View Post
1. Electric ORVM’s are a must. The switch for the Ambition and Style ORVM seems to be the same. Is it just additional wiring and motors required for an after market upgrade? Any thoughts how easy this would be?
2. Climate Control - Guess have to live with the regular aircon controls.
3. Rear wiper - How easy would this fitment be?
4. Alloys - Can be done
5. Shark fin antenna - Assuming this is simple and need it as I have a low roof parking.
6. Rear camera - Would assume this cannot be fitted into any existing LCD consoles.

Thoughts appreciated....
1. Electric OVRMs - You should buy the entire Electric OVRM as a set (Not only the motors, as it is not known if the motors will fit in the non-motorized model), along with switch & wiring harness.
2. Rear Wiper - Avoid. You will have to make substantial modifications which include drilling holes at multiple places in the metal tailgate & spoiler area.
You will have to retrofit water piping for the spray as well.
3. Rear Camera - This is probably the easiest mod. If you are planning to upgrade the HU, then go for one which supports rear view camera, and you are good to go.
abhishek46 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed