Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2021, 11:58   #1456
BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq Review

Hey Karan,

Congrats on your new car. White color looks really good. I am also planning to buy Kushaq in a month. Will look forward to your ownership reviews.
TJ02 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2021, 21:32   #1457
Distinguished - BHPian

Earlier today took delivery of my Skoda Kushaq 1L TSI A/T (Style) & here are some pics;

Skoda Kushaq Review-img_3357.jpeg

Skoda Kushaq Review-img_3348.jpeg

Skoda Kushaq Review-dcb7356f66e1414aa8eba80c94fbd6ab.jpg

The dealership was Mody Skoda and they all did a good job right from booking to the delivery

Quote:
Originally Posted by M A D over CARS View Post
Waiting for your detailed ownership review as always.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ02 View Post
Will look forward to your ownership reviews.
A Delivery experience video has been filmed & will upload once its ready

Last edited by karan561 : 9th September 2021 at 21:34.
karan561 is offline   (35) Thanks
Old 9th September 2021, 22:29   #1458
Team-BHP Support

Clutch kit for the Kushaq costs 15k/-

Courtesy - This user who burned through the clutch within 150 kms of ownership, while trying to reverse the car up an incline to his parking.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 9th September 2021, 22:54   #1459
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Earlier today took delivery of my Skoda Kushaq 1L TSI A/T (Style) & here are some pics;

Attachment 2205016

Attachment 2205015

Attachment 2205014

The dealership was Mody Skoda and they all did a good job right from booking to the delivery

A Delivery experience video has been filmed & will upload once its ready
Congratulations! Had to read it again to confirm you picked 1.0 AT over 1.5 DSG.

Also by now you have developed a signature-way to look at your cars :-)
androdev is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 10th September 2021, 12:32   #1460
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
This is in comparison with which other vehicles ? which car did you have in mind as the reference, which led to this takeaway ?

I am asking only because,

This is exactly the point where many others who have posted on this thread, have given the polar opposite feedback - that noise insulation is very poor, and not commensurate with brand 'Skoda' or what is expected from a vehicle in this price category.
In comparison to Seltos iMT Petrol
Old 10th September 2021, 20:42   #1461
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
Congratulations! Had to read it again to confirm you picked 1.0 AT over 1.5 DSG.
Androdev,

Thanks for your kind words. Well, this car will be used for short distance city runs & mostly in bumper to bumper traffic hence buying the 1.5L - DSG combo was not justified so took the practical decision & went with the 1L - Torque Converter combo

Quote:
Also by now you have developed a signature-way to look at your cars :-)
karan561 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th September 2021, 14:45   #1462
Senior - BHPian

Skoda Kushaq 1.5 TSI against Hyundai Creta Turbo

Venkatesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th September 2021, 20:40   #1463
BHPian

Why Zac is not releasing % of ultra high strength steel used in this car and they are not willing to release the steel composition diagrams either.

After a lot of EPC breakdowns, I'm unable to trust this brand.
anto1212 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2021, 20:50   #1464
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anto1212 View Post
Why Zac is not releasing % of ultra high strength steel used in this car and they are not willing to release the steel composition diagrams either.

After a lot of EPC breakdowns, I'm unable to trust this brand.
No offence, but I don’t remember any other brand to be releasing % of UHSS in their vehicles either.
Candy$Cars is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th September 2021, 20:54   #1465
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Clutch kit for the Kushaq costs 15k/-
The clutch kit for Polo 1L TSI as shown in VW service calculator in Gurgaon is 13560 INR without taxes so yes those prices should be applicable for 1L TSI variants of all cars from VW/Skoda. Significant reduction from what we were getting few months before.
tsi_niks1989 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th September 2021, 12:30   #1466
BHPian

Test drove the Kushaq and the TRoc on Saturday. Brief:
1. Kushaq Style 1.5 DSG vs TRoc
2. Kushaq 1.5k vs TRoc 5.5k on odo. Felt like Kushaq had done 10k and TRoc 2k.
3. Kushaq feels like a compromised car. TRoc definitely worth the premium over the Kushaq. Only advantage of the Kushaq over the TRoc are the ventilated seats and the rear illusion of space due to the slightly better legroom and height.

No VFM IMO. Fear the Taigun will be the same.
Floyd de Souza is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th September 2021, 12:47   #1467
BHPian

I have been an avid follower of this thread from day 1 and despite some of the evident cost cutting (which has been discussed at length by many), I was quite sold on the drive. Initially booked the 1.0 MT Style variant before shifting to the 1.5 MT once that test drive was available here in Chennai in early Sep.

But the multiple EPC issues and experiences made me rethink, and with the senior members on this forum asking to wait it out rather than take the plunge, have now cancelled the booking.

Hoping Skoda realizes the negative impact that recent issues have had. It will take a concerted and transparent effort by the management to win back trust lost in this process.
shekar.ca is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th September 2021, 15:25   #1468
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd de Souza View Post
Test drove the Kushaq and the TRoc on Saturday. Brief:
1. Kushaq Style 1.5 DSG vs TRoc
2. Kushaq 1.5k vs TRoc 5.5k on odo. Felt like Kushaq had done 10k and TRoc 2k.
3. Kushaq feels like a compromised car. TRoc definitely worth the premium over the Kushaq. Only advantage of the Kushaq over the TRoc are the ventilated seats and the rear illusion of space due to the slightly better legroom and height.

No VFM IMO. Fear the Taigun will be the same.
Agree with most points apart from boot space. Coupe shape in TROC means that there is limitations in way the boot space can be best used.

Secondly legroom in the back is lot better in both Taigun and Kushaq compared to TROC.

Thirdly Volkswagen has removed features in 2021 Vs 2020 TROC and hiked prices. Personally if you look TROC as standalone product it doesn’t offer much value but when pitched against Taigun or Kushaq seems better value. This is why TROC sales have picked up recently. Sales advisor at Volkswagen also confirmed that they are receiving lot of enquiries and test drive requests.

TROC has nil discounts and once honeymoon period is over for Taigun / Kushaq there will be discounts, which would be the right time to assess the value offering.

One big factor that most of the folks have missed is that TROC will get a facelift next year. Substantial changes expected in styling and interior. As these are CBU and if VW sticks to bring through the import route, we are looking at one of the last pre facelift versions being sold here .

Resale value of TROC 4-5 years down the lane will only hold up if Volkswagen still continues to offer the product in market else the depreciation will be much higher.

Make a wise decision it’s your hard earned money.
CircleOfLife is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th September 2021, 16:59   #1469
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CircleOfLife View Post
Make a wise decision it’s your hard earned money.
Very well written. Also, Troc is more expensive than Kushaq by almost 5-6 lacs onroad, and this by no means is a small amount. If that's the case, you can add another 5 lacs to Troc's price and have the choice of Compass mid and top variants which is a much bigger and better car.

I have always felt that comparison should be between closely priced cars, otherwise we end up getting confused and make decision making more complex.
RD150 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th September 2021, 22:08   #1470
Distinguished - BHPian

My Skoda Kushaq: Delivery Experience !

My Skoda Kushaq, Delivery Experience Video;

^ The Video captures all the excitement from the Delivery/Collection Day of my Skoda Kushaq. It also includes a quick Walkaround discussing the Exterior/Interior, Platform, Engine/Gearbox, Tyres etc. & also explains my buy decision.

Buy Decision/Booking;

This car was booked without checking her out in the showroom & without a Test Drive. In fact the first time I saw/experienced a Kushaq was in my car on the day of the PDI. Special thanks & credit goes to TEAM-BHP Official Review which helped me go ahead with this choice without having the need to go check her out physically or requiring a Test Drive

Dealership Experience;

Skoda Kushaq Review-img_3386.jpg

I had 2 dealers (JMD & Mody) in mind & I had given both of them the opportunity. JMD was not really interested to sell & at the same time i had got to know what one of their dealerships in New Mumbai had recently shut down hence it was not really confidence inspiring for me to put my money at JMD hence naturally i picked Mody as it was a newer (Opened in early 2021) & more responsive dealership.

The Corporate Manager at Mody Skoda was very professional and kept most communication via email & always available over phone too. Mody Skoda did not charge me any extra money for things like vehicle handling charges or compulsory accessory kits etc. Insurance too was very high at first as per Skoda Insurance but they matched my quote and also allowed self registration without unnecessary arguments but did verify data/facts to seek official permission. Extended Warranty Payment is still pending & as per Mody Skoda i will receive a link to pay the extended warranty amount online (Other Kushaq owners may want to confirm this).

Overall my experience with Mody Skoda right from Booking to PDI to Delivery process was Very Satisfactory.

Driving Experience;

Skoda Kushaq Review-screenshot-20210913-7.51.16-pm.png

Car Delivery/Collection days are always filled with excitement but for the Kushaq it was a bit more exhilarating as it was the 1st time i was driving the Kushaq & i am happy to report that just after a few kms of driving the Kushaq through multiple road/traffic conditions i felt reassured of my buy decision.

The 1L TSI Engine with 115 HP & 178NM felt good enough for Mumbai traffic & local highways with enough overtaking power to maintain a healthy pace. Haven't really pushed the engine so far as obviously would like to adhere to the running in guidelines as much as possible.

The Aisin (AQ250) Gearbox too was smooth enough for bumper to bumper traffic again reassuring my decision to not to go for a DSG (Dual Clutches dont like traffic scenarios) as this car will be used mostly in City/Traffic Conditions for short distance runs. I am aware about the unfortunate EPC issues faced by many Kushaq owners, hoping for a trouble free ownership for my car & also hoping Skoda India resolve this for everyone.

Overall the place where the Kushaq really shines is the ride quality. The ride was really good for a newly delivered car, I not confirm if the PDI team had reduced tyre pressures to normal levels post transit, however wasn't sure how to check the TPMS (or may be its missing) hence cant confirm what the pressures were.

Braking is adequate (Still running in) for the 1L TSI upfront. Will reserve my comments on the handling performance as yet to really experience good corners or mountain roads (plus the tyres are also very new). The new 2 spoke Steering Wheel is extremely well designed and finished, hope i could say this about the whole interior.

Miscellaneous Observations;

- Love the way the Skoda Kushaq looks. Front is aggressive at the same time athletic looking. The Side profile is clean & sticking to the European roots of the brand which i love. Rear feels upright thanks to the positioning of the taillights & gets a sense of being wide with S K O D A lettering spaced out.
- Infotainment is not the most friendly system I've used, but the touch sensitivity is good & lag free.
- Digital Cluster would have been welcome, probably Skoda India has reserved that for the facelift.
- 17" Atlas Rims look striking in person & were my main reason to pick the Style variant.
- Being a new comer the Kushaq is attracting eyeballs & has a good street presence.
- Missing out on the rear disc brakes in favour of the drums is visually disturbing.
- The creep function in the D Mode is a bit too aggressive/eager for my linking.
- Paddle Shifters have been given which is nice. (Miss them in my 1.4 Seltos)
- Yet to use the My Skoda App, so will reserve my comments on that.
- Camera Quality is Above Average & I Miss the 360 Deg. Camera.
- Ambient lighting needed more colours (Gets only white)
- Power window operation/sound is noisy & feels cheap.
- Dont really miss the Driving Modes (Sport, Eco Etc.)
- The Horn is Non German tone, a bad move/miss.
- Music System (7 Speakers) does sound good.
- The glovebox is large & very accommodative.
- 6 Airbags for M/T & Only 2 for A/T, Why ?
- Would have preferred 215mm wide tyres.
- Rear Boot space is surprisingly good.
- Rear Seat space is good, not great.
- Powered Seats are missed.

This is my preliminary review / report with a few days into ownership. I Shall surely start a new thread soon with a full blown ownership review once I have processed all my thoughts. Thank you all for reading

Last edited by karan561 : 13th September 2021 at 22:37.
karan561 is offline   (75) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks