Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2021, 20:12   #1606
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq Review

Serious discounting has started so early in the product life cycle. Skoda is paying for the errors it made with the launch. My guess is cancellations are coming in due to the EPC scare and Skoda is responding with the most blunt tool available to get sales back up - heavy discounting. This is bound to get existing customers even more

I wonder if this is, after all, the "exciting news" Zac is going to share tomorrow!
Attached Images

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 6th October 2021 at 20:15.
84.monsoon is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 6th October 2021, 20:19   #1607
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Serious discounting has started so early in the product life cycle. Skoda is paying for the errors it made with the launch. My guess is cancellations are coming in due to the EPC scare and Skoda is responding with the most blunt tool available to get sales back up - heavy discounting. This is bound to get existing customers even more

I wonder if this is, after all, the "exciting news" Zac is going to share tomorrow!
Since its mentioned discounts are for automatics only, is it because they are launching top end automatic with 6 airbags and TPMS and people are now waiting for that? If I am in the market for Kushaq definitely will wait for the model with added features
Old 6th October 2021, 20:59   #1608
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post

Sorry to label your comments as clickbait but It is only for the automatic versions (with the 2 airbags) , so it is a sort of a stock clearance exercise. Considering that most buyers of this car are well informed of an updated variant in pipeline, no prizes for guessing there will be hardly any takers for the older one.
There's no such offers on any other variants or the updated AT variants.
agambhandari is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th October 2021, 09:07   #1609
Distinguished - BHPian

Call it the semiconductor shortage, EPC issues, or parts shortage, Skoda Kushaq shows a negative growth!

Name:  1.JPG
Views: 1486
Size:  20.9 KB

Source:Auto Punditz
volkman10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th October 2021, 09:21   #1610
Senior - BHPian

Things are only going to go downhill from here. Chip shortage will impact other manufacturers as well. In fact, the chip shortage might be good for Skoda/VW as many competitor cars might be having high waiting periods, thereby pushing some sales to VW/Skoda.Imagine the situation when XUV700 and Astor deliveries are going to start at full pace.
Skoda/VW cars like Polo/Vento/Rapid did decently well, though they were never the segment toppers in terms of features. But, they had a certain USP - solid build, great ride and handling and a sense of quality and premium-ness, compared to the segment. I'am afraid the Indian-ization of the MQB-A0 platform and blatant cost cutting has resulted in them losing their 'quality' USP, but with no apparent benefit.

I strongly believe that in this segment a slightly expensive fully loaded good quality car will easily outsell a slightly cheaper but half-baked product. I guess the Skoda/VW India management didn't get the pulse of the Indian market right.

Last edited by adimicra : 7th October 2021 at 09:22.
adimicra is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th October 2021, 09:41   #1611
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Call it the semiconductor shortage, EPC issues, or parts shortage, Skoda Kushaq shows a negative growth!
VW & Skoda both are using the same factory for production, 1461 Taiguns were also dispatched last month so it might be that they have some production constraints due to semi conductor chips.
Hopefully both brands would be able to sell 5000 a month in times to come.
tsi_niks1989 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2021, 15:22   #1612
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunikkat View Post
Since its mentioned discounts are for automatics only, is it because they are launching top end automatic with 6 airbags and TPMS and people are now waiting for that? If I am in the market for Kushaq definitely will wait for the model with added features
If you are in for Style variant of 1.5L Turbo DSG then yes you may get two additional features of 6 Airbags and TPMS at the same price. The current stock in absence of said features are being offered at a discount. The Question remains whether you find the variant with given features value for money?
Old 7th October 2021, 20:20   #1613
VEA
BHPian

I don't know what they are doing at the VW/Skoda plant. Polo is also in short supply. Dealers are not very keen to take a booking for an automatic Polo. Reason cited is that the plant is committed to manufacturing Kushaq/Taigun. Now my brother who wanted a Polo is going for the i20. One way or the other VAG manages to scare away customers to the Koreans.
Old 7th October 2021, 20:52   #1614
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEA View Post
I don't know what they are doing at the VW/Skoda plant. Polo is also in short supply. Dealers are not very keen to take a booking for an automatic Polo. Reason cited is that the plant is committed to manufacturing Kushaq/Taigun. Now my brother who wanted a Polo is going for the i20. One way or the other VAG manages to scare away customers to the Koreans.
They are probably switching over capacity for the forthcoming Virtus/Slavia
ajmat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2021, 22:54   #1615
BHPian

Below statement sums the current condition aptly. It is a challenge that VW, Skoda will be not be immune to.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Kushaq Review-e970d883ee3e400fbf052c7ec0582c00.jpeg  

Old 11th October 2021, 12:40   #1616
BHPian

Does anyone know how the TPMS system works in Kushaq?
Old 11th October 2021, 14:07   #1617
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ02 View Post
You fill up your tyres with the pressure you want them to be at. In the Infotainment, to go Tire Settings & click on the button SET. The system memorizes these air pressures and warns you if they decrease within some percentage of the pressure that was set.

This is loosely how the TPMS works for cars that don't have the actual pressures displayed on the dashboard.
NevGin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th October 2021, 14:24   #1618
BANNED

Quote:
There are special contraptions/adaptors acting as a cap over the Tyre Nozzle which keeps sending pressure signals to the infotainment system having a microprocessor-controlled circuit for sensing the same and giving a digital readout.
kapursaket is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2021, 14:34   #1619
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevGin View Post
You fill up your tyres with the pressure you want them to be at. In the Infotainment, to go Tire Settings & click on the button SET. The system memorizes these air pressures and warns you if they decrease within some percentage of the pressure that was set.

This is loosely how the TPMS works for cars that don't have the actual pressures displayed on the dashboard.
So that means no special care is required while getting tyre inflated. Also the tyre pressure to be maintained is 33PSI all tyres?
Old 11th October 2021, 14:50   #1620
BHPian

Quote:
So that means no special care is required while getting tyre inflated. Also the tyre pressure to be maintained is 33PSI all tyres?
The special care is always go to a place that has an accurate gauge. It is always better to buy your own tire inflation device and use that. It comes in very handy on trips as well. 33 Psi is what it says on the door unladen but I would recommend 35 Psi.
NevGin is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks