Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2021, 15:25   #1636
BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq Review

Took a test drive of the 1.0L Kushaq & Taigun back to back today.

Some differences I noted:
- The ride quality. Kushaq is definitely better, the sharp drops and bumps are damped well. The Taigun thuds around a bit
- Kushaq corners so well
- Interior layout is nicer on the Kushaq, but fit and finish is better on the Taigun
- Rear seat felt a bit more spacious on the Taigun than Kushaq. Could be placebo!
- Better exteriors and paint quality on the Kushaq
- AC was a chiller on the Taigun. The Kushaq's AC was really bad. I mean I had put the AC on auto at full blast, sunroof closed, it struggled to cool the cabin. It wasn't better than what my 8 year old Amaze manages.

It was a white car, out under the hot Chennai sun. But that cannot be an excuse, I would say it's a deal breaker.
Did any one notice this? Could it be a test drive car thing?

Last edited by ridehard : 17th October 2021 at 15:27.
ridehard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2021, 18:44   #1637
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridehard View Post

Some differences I noted:
- The ride quality. Kushaq is definitely better, the sharp drops and bumps are damped well. The Taigun thuds around a bit
- Kushaq corners so well
- Interior layout is nicer on the Kushaq, but fit and finish is better on the Taigun
- Rear seat felt a bit more spacious on the Taigun than Kushaq. Could be placebo!
- Better exteriors and paint quality on the Kushaq
- AC was a chiller on the Taigun. The Kushaq's AC was really bad. I mean I had put the AC on auto at full blast, sunroof closed, it struggled to cool the cabin. It wasn't better than what my 8 year old Amaze manages.

It was a white car, out under the hot Chennai sun. But that cannot be an excuse, I would say it's a deal breaker.
Kushaq AC is not different from Taigun, which clarifies all your doubts.
Old 17th October 2021, 19:04   #1638
BANNED

Activated My Skoda Connect powered by jio on my Kushaq today. The Vehicle has a Jio router fitted on the 'OBD' port right under the driver side Dashboard. Vital vehicle parameters are available on the Mobile App. including vehicle tracking, geo and time fencing. Highly recommended for all Kushaq owners to receive alerts of malfunctions and vehicle whereabouts.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Kushaq Review-img_20211017_185521.jpg  

Skoda Kushaq Review-img_20211017_185421.jpg  

Skoda Kushaq Review-screenshot_20211017_175910.jpg  

kapursaket is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2021, 21:19   #1639
BHPian

Quote:

My Civic has a black paint shade, has no sunfilms and the heat infiltraion is quite high due to the humongous glass area. A sunny noon with the ambient temperature crossing 34°C, the AC set at 22°C, the cooling was sublime with a passenger beside.

The AC on the 1.5 Kushaq sporting tinted shades, was a disappointment even on an overcast evening, though the temperature being set to 21°C. I can assure you that both the 1.0 & 1.5 Kushaq will be the same since both has the same quantity of refrigerant in the system (0.460 kg). Haven't driven a Taigun yet!
eccentric is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2021, 21:33   #1640
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eccentric View Post
My Civic has a black paint shade, has no sunfilms and the heat infiltraion is quite high due to the humongous glass area. A sunny noon with the ambient temperature crossing 34°C, the AC set at 22°C, the cooling was sublime with a passenger beside.

The AC on the 1.5 Kushaq sporting tinted shades, was a disappointment even on an overcast evening, though the temperature being set to 21°C. I can assure you that both the 1.0 & 1.5 Kushaq will be the same since both has the same quantity of refrigerant in the system (0.460 kg). Haven't driven a Taigun yet!
Thanks! Sort of confirms my doubt.
Just to clear this, I will try to do another test drive with another showroom/car..
Old 17th October 2021, 23:43   #1641
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks! Sort of confirms my doubt.
Just to clear this, I will try to do another test drive with another showroom/car..
Sure, would love to hear again. Yesterday, I drove the Renault Duster in the morning and the Nissan Kicks in the late night. Both were turbo petrol versions. The AC performance of both the cars were good, almost on par with the Civic but it's also a rainy day. What sets them apart from the Kushaq is the cabin width.

While, the cabin of the Kushaq felt longer, the cabin of the Kicks is wider! It definitely eliminated the sense of crampedness, I felt in the Kushaq. I witnessed all the windows of the Kicks fogging up when the AC was set to Low, within few minutes after starting the car. I fell in love with the Kicks, it reflected minimalism. Handled well, the steering just speaks like the Civic, was able to hold 120 KMH in the sweeping corners of highways, masked the pathetic broken tarmac very well, NVH levels were good, offered a broad sense of space albeit the dull interiors and some ergonomic flaws like cramped foot well, fouling armrest and the tall seating position!

The Duster may seem more VFM yet it's terrible inside. Steel flats for fastening the seat base and door sheet metals were all exposed! The doors too felt skinny! Ruled out.

Would insist you to TD the Kicks as well. It may not surpass the Kushaq in the electronic features, cosmetics, creature comforts and European finesse, but, it satiates your need.

Last edited by eccentric : 17th October 2021 at 23:58.
eccentric is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th October 2021, 09:56   #1642

Quote:

I find the AC of my Kushaq 1.0 Ambition absolutely normal. Car has been run through 5 states Delhi, UP, Bihar, Jharkhand and West Bengal in past 2.5 months with full occupancy and has witnessed all kinds of weather including very high humidity at temperature around 36 deg C. No complaints from any occupants when AC is set at 22 deg C. Most of the times was asked to increase temperature as it was chilling.
Abhishek.ckt is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th October 2021, 17:06   #1643
BHPian

Personal Opinion on Kushaq 1.0 TSI AT Style Test Drive
  • I start the engine, wife is standing outside: her reaction when I get out - IS THIS A DIESEL? It grumbles so much.
    Me: meh reaction. - Strike 1
  • Going for the first few hundred meters, wife says: it RUMBLES when you are moving slowly! 3 pot engine note.
    Me: meh again - Strike 2
  • Lets overtake the slow moving bus - slot to S mode, floor the pedal - result - BOOM note from engine, power/torque push tapers at the higher rev, slow overtake (compared to our Polo 1.2 GT TSI).
    Me: Disappointed reaction - Strike 3
These are absolute essentials from our current generation VW car (if we are to upgrade), hence, we didn't find it a worthy successor to our car.

Also, my observation is that the test drive car gives a relatively good assessment of ageing of the car, esp. the engine and suspension, since they go through various kinds of harsh treatment in a short period. So, the note of the 3 pot engine on the long term is another takeaway (to stay away from it) for me. Suspension, however, felt superb after 4000+ kilometers on odo.

We will need to assess the 1.5 TSI DSG but showroom didn't have it at that moment.

I had conveyed my likes and dislikes earlier on the forum for the overall car on initial TD of 1.0 L Manual. So not going over them again.

So my hunt for a successor of 1.2 GT TSI continues... I think I need a T ROC (thinking out aloud)
KapilD is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th October 2021, 18:23   #1644
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KapilD View Post
[b]
We will need to assess the 1.5 TSI DSG but showroom didn't have it at that moment.

So my hunt for a successor of 1.2 GT TSI continues... I think I need a T ROC (thinking out aloud)
Try 1.5 TSI DSG you will come out smiling. I can relate very well when it is bench marked against 1.2 TSI.

Have driven both 1.0. 1.5 TSI and my feedback to sales advisor was that if i had to put my money on this vehicle it would be 1.5 TSI DSG. From 1.2 TSI to 1.0 TSI feels a downgrade.

1.0 TSI is a delight in city traffic though.

Other note: VW Troc is getting stock out at many dealers. If back seat and boot space is not a big selection criteria then you will surely like it. CBU build quality is clearly evident. Additionally one need to overcome is the hesitation of those scratchy plastics for the price point.
CircleOfLife is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th October 2021, 13:05   #1645
Team-BHP Support

Those waiting for the 6 airbags Style AT version announced in September, later postponed to mid-October, will now need to wait another month for the launch -

Skoda Kushaq Review-screenshot_20211020130134_twitter.jpg
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2021, 15:52   #1646
BHPian

Quote:
Since I moved from the 1.2 TSI to the 1.0 TSI I can confirm that most of your observations are correct - the 1.0 is noisy when accelerating hard in D Mode.

Surprisingly when you are in S Mode at the same rpm and accelerating , the engine is noticeably quieter.

Generally the 1.2 tsi is more responsive all around, but the 1.0 has an edge when trying to overtake around 70. This is more due to how the DSG is programmed. Since the 1.2 engine is spinning at 1200 rpm in D7 , way out of the powerband , it needs a strong kickdown to get a move on.
Old 21st October 2021, 21:53   #1647
BANNED

Quote:
  • I start the engine, wife is standing outside: her reaction when I get out - IS THIS A DIESEL? It grumbles so much.
    Me: meh reaction. - Strike 1
  • Going for the first few hundred meters, wife says: it RUMBLES when you are moving slowly! 3 pot engine note.
    Me: meh again - Strike 2
  • Lets overtake the slow moving bus - slot to S mode, floor the pedal - result - BOOM note from engine, power/torque push tapers at the higher rev, slow overtake (compared to our Polo 1.2 GT TSI).
    Me: Disappointed reaction - Strike 3
These are absolute essentials from our current generation VW car (if we are to upgrade), hence, we didn't find it a worthy successor to our car.
Surprises me, as the engine in my Kushaq 1.0L AT is super silent while idling and needs to be reminded that it is switched on. NVH in Kushaq in my view is best in its class. One needs to own Kushaq to feel its driving comfort and super silent cabin.

FE of Kushaq while returning to Delhi from my farm in Karnal Haryana, while driving on NH44, Eastern Peripheral Expressway, Merrut Expressway then wading through Peak traffic in Noida and Delhi. The FE is incredibly good and will leave many Kushaq critics dumbfounded.

Skoda Kushaq Review-img20211021wa0004.jpg

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 21st October 2021 at 22:07. Reason: Mod note inline
kapursaket is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2021, 23:03   #1648
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapursaket View Post
Surprises me, as the engine in my Kushaq 1.0L AT is super silent while idling and needs to be reminded that it is switched on. NVH in Kushaq in my view is best in its class. One needs to own Kushaq to feel its driving comfort and super silent cabin.
Depends on how high your bar of NVH is. If you're coming from a diesel car then sure the 1.0 tsi is pretty good, but coming from a 1.2 TSI, 1.0 sounds a bit more noisy and that just gets worse as the revs rise.
agambhandari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2021, 23:08   #1649
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapursaket View Post
FE of Kushaq while returning to Delhi from my farm in Karnal Haryana, while driving on NH44, Eastern Peripheral Expressway, Merrut Expressway then wading through Peak traffic in Noida and Delhi. The FE is incredibly good and will leave many Kushaq critics dumbfounded.
Nice FE, for the average speed shown.
What's the FE you typically get for 80-100 average speeds?
Old 22nd October 2021, 10:49   #1650
BANNED

Quote:
Nice FE, for the average speed shown.
What's the FE you typically get for 80-100 average speeds?
I am not exceeding 80Km/hr in run in period

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks