Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2021, 15:47   #1711
BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq Review

I certainly hope not. Hoping to add one to the count soon.
Also, does anyone else also feel that it has become incredibly difficult(in the last few months) to find the individual sales figures for a cars in the usual news articles. Two things that seem to have disappeared of late:
1) MoM comparisons(mostly)
2) Model wise breakup
Old 2nd November 2021, 20:25   #1712
BHPian

Booked a Kushaq 1.0 TSI Style (AT) variant in the Honey Orange shade. Didn't go for the bigger engine as this car would mainly do bumper to bumper duties in the city.

Net net managed to get 50K of the original quote (including Loyalty bonus, Exchange Benefit, Diwali discount etc). So the total OTR comes to about 17.9L

Planning to take the delivery tomorrow or the day after.
Aaroah is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2021, 22:55   #1713
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KharbandaKartik View Post
  • I have a feeling that the airconditioning is slightly weak for our tropical climate
Happy to know you've moved ahead from that scary mishap and congratulations on your new buy. Regarding the weak AC, have you given any thought to the 3M CR70 film on all glasses? A number of bhpians swear by it especially in the NCR.
Old 3rd November 2021, 07:07   #1714
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentstorm View Post
Happy to know you've moved ahead from that scary mishap and congratulations on your new buy. Regarding the weak AC, have you given any thought to the 3M CR70 film on all glasses? A number of bhpians swear by it especially in the NCR.
Yes I am planning to get a sunfilm too, thank you for suggesting 3M CR70, I’ll check it out.
Old 3rd November 2021, 15:18   #1715
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Kushaq's October sales/dispatch number nosedives, does 2413. Volkswagen's Taigun is too in a similar number at 2551.
Discounts in the offing ?
I don't think they will offer big discounts immediately. Though the big shots kept repeating numbers like 10K per month etc, 5000 per month (together between Taigun & Kushaq) seemed to be a reasonable expectation (for any sane person). So, I don't think the companies will be surprised with this.

And I feel that it would have been tough for them to double this number (say to 10000 units per month) and manage and sustain the same with their existing sales/service network (keeping the ownership experience similar or better), hence I think they went for the more pragmatic approach of over-pricing their cars so that with lower numbers that we are seeing, they can try to break even faster. [Tata seems to be making a profit of 45K per unit of vehicle sold, so you can extrapolate what VW would be making and see when they can achieve break-even point for their 8000 crore investment]. And Taigun/Kushaq is their first model from this investment and each future model (Slavia, Virtus, ...) is going to be more profitable and aid in the faster recovery of this investment.

This number also help them to keep the "halo" around the product by publicising the "3-4" months wait time (which appears to be a sweet spot which a VW admirer will be ok to accept). If they had gone faster, the waiting time would be so low, which may in turn result in people dubbing these models as flop.

So, the key think would be to see whether they can sustain these numbers over few years and build on top of this with new models. (I feel they should be able to do this if they can bring an upgrade immediately when the initial pace of booking starts showing some downward trends - they can draw more people by addressing some of the glaring issues in the first version "cheap" interiors, lack of some "fancy" features etc.)
Old 5th November 2021, 10:15   #1716
BHPian

Hello folks. any idea if the skoda is offering a special festive discount on the Kushaq? My SA sent me a whatsapp that said special festive offers but when I replied asking what the offer was, he said no offer sir. Slightly confused.
Thanks in advance
Old 5th November 2021, 10:52   #1717
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Thanks to the Team-BHP fan (he prefers to remain anonymous) who sent this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this page!

Quote:
Unverified : Skoda-Volkswagen has started silent replacements of the rear wheel bearing at their dealerships for Kushaqs and Taiguns sold so far.
GTO is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 5th November 2021, 17:58   #1718
BHPian

Picked up the car two days back. My dealership experience was very smooth (from booking to delivery) and my SA happily obliged our request for a late-night delivery. Have taken up the extended warranty and the service pack also for peace of mind.

TBH deciding between this and the Taigun was very very difficult. My LKO VW dealership denied having any allocation for the T-ROC else that would have further increased the confusion.

Personally, for us, the Kushaq scored in the exterior looks departments whereas the Taigun had slightly better interiors due to the digital instrument cluster (even if it wasn't the full-fledged virtual cockpit). VW straight away gave me a 2 month waiting period for the Reflex Silver color and 4 months for the Carbon Steel color.
Our Brio (which this car replaces) had done 75k kms in 9 years and was on its deathbed due to its rough use. So we wanted a car ASAP and couldn't wait for the Taigun hence decided to proceed with Kushaq. Since it will be used for doing daily chores and bumper-to-bumper duties we didn't feel the absolute need for 6 airbags in the Taigun either.

The dealer had two colors in the style variant - White and Honey Orange. My family felt that they would get quickly bored of the white color so we went for the Honey Orange color. After using the car for two days I now feel that this was the right decision and the car indeed looks very graceful in this color.

The dealer also gave me a very fair price for my Brio considering the condition the car was in plus gave me a 15k in exchange bonus. Taking into consideration the exchange bonus + loyalty benefits + Diwali discounts, I managed to get 50k of the quoted price. So the landed price came about 17.9L

Skoda Kushaq Review-kushaq.jpeg

Will try to do a detailed write-up after I spend some more time with it. One thing is for sure though that it doesn't feel like a proper Skoda from the inside. It has a lot of rough edges and Creta / Seltos offer much better interior quality than this. But the heart wants what it wants
Aaroah is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 5th November 2021, 20:08   #1719
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaroah View Post

TBH deciding between this and the Taigun was very very difficult. My LKO VW dealership denied having any allocation for the T-ROC else that would have further increased the confusion.

But the heart wants what it wants
Hearty congratulations and wishing you many miles on a fantastic car with that eye catching signature orange color. More the time you spend with this car more it grows on you. I had the privilege (pun intended) to spend couple of days in a Skoda showroom from dusk to dawn for a different reason all together. More I saw Kushaq better it looked. Before this had test driven Kushaq multiple times but never had that first love impression.

TROC vs Kushaq vs Taigun is a classic confusion for many who can extend budgets. Where local siblings score over their imported cousin is the back space and over all cost of ownership. Imported sibling is way more fun to drive though even with same 1.5 engine.
CircleOfLife is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2021, 17:28   #1720
BHPian

Hey folks. Happy to inform that I am getting the below beauty on coming Wednesday. It's 1.5 TSI.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Kushaq Review-img20211106wa0001.jpg  

Last edited by arunramaswamy : 6th November 2021 at 17:44.
arunramaswamy is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 6th November 2021, 18:04   #1721
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunramaswamy View Post
Hey folks. Happy to inform that I am getting the below beauty on coming Wednesday. It's 1.5 TSI.
Congrats, Arun! Remember, once we were in the same boat to acquire an 1.3 HR13DDT and then Nissan did royally mess up! Good that you've opted for the 1.5 TSI. BTW, whether it's a manual or a DSG? Also, kindly share your experience with the Kushaq vs the Kicks in the coming days.
eccentric is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2021, 18:05   #1722
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CircleOfLife View Post
TROC vs Kushaq vs Taigun is a classic confusion for many who can extend budgets. Where local siblings score over their imported cousin is the back space and over all cost of ownership. Imported sibling is way more fun to drive though even with same 1.5 engine.
Speaking of budget - owners should also keep in mind the long term maintenance.

Maintaining a CBU is a different game compared to the localized cousins, especially if it is the primary vehicle in the family. Some of the rare spares and also body panels (in case of a mishap) etc may take a lot longer to procure.

For those looking at the Taigun/Kushaq as a second or third vehicle in the family - it makes good sense to consider the imported TRoc instead.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th November 2021, 18:13   #1723
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

Maintaining a CBU is a different game compared to the localized cousins, especially if it is the primary vehicle in the family. Some of the rare spares and also body panels (in case of a mishap) etc may take a lot longer to procure.
Spot on. Even the refrigerant in the HVAC system of the T-ROC is different! IMO, the ASC needs decidated/standalone equipments for servicing the system.

While these aren't imminent, as a buyer who looks onto hold the vehicle for 10 years or more, it's a matter of concern.

Last edited by eccentric : 6th November 2021 at 18:15. Reason: Spacing :)
Old 6th November 2021, 18:15   #1724
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eccentric View Post
Congrats, Arun! Remember, once we were in the same boat to acquire an 1.3 HR13DDT and then Nissan did royally mess up! Good that you've opted for the 1.5 TSI. BTW, whether it's a manual or a DSG? Also, kindly share your experience with the Kushaq vs the Kicks in the coming days.
Thank you my friend

Yeah. My heart still skips a beat when I see Kicks. If only Nissan had not messed up, I would now been a crazy happy owner of Kicks.

I opted for the manual since I am sceptical about the dry clutch DSG. Plus I found the gear changes to be slick, smooth and precise. I am yet to take a good ride on the 1.5 TSI. Will post my views once I accumulate miles in the 1.5 TSI.
arunramaswamy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2021, 02:16   #1725
BHPian

Not even completed 100 Kms but have started to notice some kat-kat sound from the armrest console when the car goes over some bad bumps. Not really sure how the interior is going to hold 4/5 years down the line more so if one uses it a bit rough / as a beater.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks