Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2021, 15:57   #1831
BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeeBeeR View Post
Thanks KapilD. I, perhaps, didn't state my predicament correctly.
I will only book the Kushaq. It's a question of booking it now and getting a Jan 2022 manufactured model without any potential updates or wait till end of Q1 2022 and hopefully get a better interior and sound system.
I liked Slavia, but the Kushaq has my heart. I work in B'lore so just like you, I also prefer a slightly more compact vehical.
I would suggest you to wait a bit, if you can afford to, as Kushaq will be seen with better roof-liner for sure, in the next few weeks. You can book it now, and wait for delivery of the updated one, as you can easily refuse taking delivery if you are offered prior to that. This way, you can stay ahead of the queue.
K.grg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2021, 16:28   #1832
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.grg View Post
I would suggest you to wait a bit, if you can afford to, as Kushaq will be seen with better roof-liner for sure, in the next few weeks. You can book it now, and wait for delivery of the updated one, as you can easily refuse taking delivery if you are offered prior to that. This way, you can stay ahead of the queue.
Thanks k.grg. What you said, makes sense.
I guess that's what I need to do now. Anyway I'm waiting for the BH registration in Karnataka, so I can very well wait for couple more weeks to take the delivery. I hope to complete my booking in a day or two.
Old 26th November 2021, 18:22   #1833
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KapilD View Post
As for the waiting period, I guess not many people opting for 1.5 MT. So, for me, booked/dealer placed order on 18 Nov, started transit update received and the car arrived in stockyard on 25 Nov.

Others waiting for 1.0
Congratulations on your new car, wish you miles of happiness with it.

I can relate to this, I booked on 10th November and they had a White color in 1.0 Style AT readily available, when I did the PDI I found it was August manufactured, hence I politely said no to that car, anyways I was compromising on color for earlier delivery.

I then told them please order a red color & I will wait for it, still waiting

Can anyone who did the booking please confirm, if they got any booking reference number or email with booking details?
EmpyreanKnight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2021, 20:38   #1834
BHPian

Quote:
…, as Kushaq will be seen with better roof-liner for sure, in the next few weeks….
I don’t know if the new roof liner is going to be like Astor quality. If so then it’s worth the wait but I have a big doubt on that.
It would most probably be a minor improvement on the fabric quality, could be at par with current gen polo, which anyways I haven’t felt/touched in last 7 year.

But this one is not a deal breaker for me. To each his own.

However, if there is anything major I would defer. Let me know if you got any other info than this.

Else i’m good to go!
Old 26th November 2021, 21:59   #1835
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KapilD View Post
I don’t know if the new roof liner is going to be like Astor quality. If so then it’s worth the wait but I have a big doubt on that.

However, if there is anything major I would defer. Let me know if you got any other info than this.

Else i’m good to go!
Let me clarify on this right away, I am not privy to the quality of Kushaq's internal roof liner. But seeing the quality of Astor's roof liner, I am very sure that Astor's interior quality is at least one or two notches above the segment.

You need to take a call based on your waiting appetite and interests my friend.
Old 26th November 2021, 23:57   #1836
BHPian

Hello fellow petrol heads, I have been largely silent member of the T BHP community. Ever thankful for the detailed reviews & the ownership experiences.

I currently drive a i20 1.2 Petrol, while I know it is not a car for driving pleasure, my 8 years of ownership have been fantastic & memorable. I never felt the need for an upgrade as all the cars I test drove did not seem to be offering anything substantially more than my i20 which has all the feature I need.

This was until I took a test drive of Kushaq 1.5 DSG today. I am super impressed to say the least. The ride quality over bad roads, power & handling are easily class leading. The moment you floor the pedal it is pure ecstasy.

I do not see any issue with the flimsy roof liner of AC vents, when the main aspects of ride, handling, power & safety are so well taken care of.
I am ready to put my my down & get a carbon steel 1.5 DSG home ASAP, only problem being wife is not too happy with the interiors. Feeling that they feel cheap & cramped.

Any experience from the existing owners regarding the interior space & quality. How much of an issue it is in the ownership experience?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 27th November 2021 at 08:04. Reason: Spacing between paras for better readability.
nickelniks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th November 2021, 07:45   #1837
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickelniks View Post
I do not see any issue with the flimsy roof liner of AC vents, when the main aspects of ride, handling, power & safety are so well taken care of.
I am ready to put my my down & get a carbon steel 1.5 DSG home ASAP, only problem being wife is not too happy with the interiors. Feeling that they feel cheap & cramped. Any experience from the existing owners regarding the interior space & quality. How much of an issue it is in the ownership experience?
If your wife's unhappy with the interiors then it would be rather unwise to buy a Kushaq! Check out the Taigun to see if the slightly better interiors can do the trick or upgrade to the Tiguan if budget permits. You could even wait for the Slavia to launch and then take a call.
nitkel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th November 2021, 13:44   #1838
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmpyreanKnight View Post
:
Can anyone who did the booking please confirm, if they got any booking reference number or email with booking details?
You will be provided with an email from the Sales about confirming the model, spec, Colour which is then followed by a call from Škoda customer centre for verification. Also, the booking receipt has a reference number but I think that’s only for the dealer’s benefit.
roadlover1705 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2021, 17:08   #1839
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Any experience from the existing owners regarding the interior space & quality. How much of an issue it is in the ownership experience?
Depends on who the primary driver is. It is obvious that you are much more interested in the driving experience - the power, the handling and the ride quality. You do not seem to care too much about the interiors. So, if you are the one who's going to be using the car 80% of the time, I would say you should go ahead with the Kushaq. If on the other hand, it is your wife who will be the primary driver or spend a lot of time in the car, then you should definitely not go ahead. For people who do care about interior quality, it is the first thing you notice every single day when they turn on the ignition. If they do not like what they see, it is not going to be happy ownership experience.

On the other hand, someone like me, when I turn on the ignition I only care about how powerful, torquey and eager the driving experience is going to be. While I may glance at the interiors once in a while, is not going to be preoccupy me. So I'd much rather prefer the Kushaq to say something like a Creta or Seltos which have much nicer interiors but still have the poor driving dynamics of a Hyundai group car. Though much white-washed over earlier cars from the stable through constant improvements they have made, it still can't hold a candle to the VW group's core driving genes, even with the slight dilution through the MQB-IN localisation. If you are like me and you are going to be using the car most of the time, you will definitely not like to compromise on this core of what driving is all about, just for some good looking panels and liners around you.

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 27th November 2021 at 17:12.
84.monsoon is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th November 2021, 00:21   #1840
BHPian

Quote:
If you want to wean off the better half from the Seltos , just take a test drive fast over bad roads. Seltos is a great car , but the ride is abysmal compared to Kushaq.

Interior space is not remotely a challenge in the Kushaq as long as you are going max 4+1. Nor is quality (none in this segment have soft touch interiors across the board). I feel the interior design is sophisticated enough, but Seltos is better. All versions of Creta except the top end has the same blue highlights as the i10 ! And the ACC is hideous - so the Creta went out of my consideration set there itself ( even if I ignore the disconnected exterior design)

But this is nitpicking - all three are great cars for urban environments. If you are going for the top end versions, Seltos and Creta might be better value (especially if you are not gunning at every redlight). But the Kushaq and Taigun packages are far superior at around the midrange 15L ex showroom mark.
Old 28th November 2021, 00:36   #1841
BHPian

Quote:

I am ready to put my my down & get a carbon steel 1.5 DSG home ASAP, only problem being wife is not too happy with the interiors. Feeling that they feel cheap & cramped.

Frankly speaking roof liner is an non issue. Yes the quality should have been better but if I think about it dont remember if I ever touched or felt the roof liner of any of my vehicles. Regarding interior space it has one of most comfortable seating for 2 passengers in the back thanks to the seat contours and generous legroom.

If interior quality is one of the major factors in the decision making process then do look at the Astor 1.3 turbo. You get atleast a segment higher interior quality and the 1.3 turbo petrol is no slouch either.
Old 28th November 2021, 07:53   #1842
BHPian

I booked the Kushaq 1,0 AT Ambition. Yesterday they shared the VIN which says it’s a September manufactured car. The Sales guy said that the chassis has a two month wait period. After the booking they customise it to the variant trim the customer has booked. I found the explanation a bit weird. However want to check if it’s ok to go ahead with the PDI or should skip this and ask for a fresher lot
Old 28th November 2021, 08:04   #1843
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by askicode View Post
I booked the Kushaq 1,0 AT Ambition. Yesterday they shared the VIN which says it’s a September manufactured car. The Sales guy said that the chassis has a two month wait period. After the booking they customise it to the variant trim the customer has booked. I found the explanation a bit weird. However want to check if it’s ok to go ahead with the PDI or should skip this and ask for a fresher lot
That's plain BS from your SA! Must be unsold stock or a damaged car! Do a thorough PDI and if everything is fine then bargain hard to get discounts on it. As it is nearing year end and nobody will pick a September 2021 car in 2022 at MRP, the dealer will be desperate to sell it.
nitkel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th November 2021, 09:20   #1844
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Depends on who the primary driver is. It is obvious that you are much more interested in the driving experience - the power, the handling and the ride quality. You do not seem to care too much about the interiors. So, if you are the one who's going to be using the car 80% of the time, I would say you should go ahead with the Kushaq. If on the other hand, it is your wife who will be the primary driver or spend a lot of time in the car, then you should definitely not go ahead. For people who do care about interior quality, it is the first thing you notice every single day when they turn on the ignition. If they do not like what they see, it is not going to be happy ownership experience.

On the other hand, someone like me, when I turn on the ignition I only care about how powerful, torquey and eager the driving experience is going to be. While I may glance at the interiors once in a while, is not going to be preoccupy me. So I'd much rather prefer the Kushaq to say something like a Creta or Seltos which have much nicer interiors but still have the poor driving dynamics of a Hyundai group car. Though much white-washed over earlier cars from the stable through constant improvements they have made, it still can't hold a candle to the VW group's core driving genes, even with the slight dilution through the MQB-IN localisation. If you are like me and you are going to be using the car most of the time, you will definitely not like to compromise on this core of what driving is all about, just for some good looking panels and liners around you.
Considering your love for the driving experience let me suggest something that’s very off beat. Try out the Nissan Kicks XV 1.3 Turbo either CVT or MT. At 154Bhp and 254 Nm Torque it’s is a really great powerful drive. NVH levels are unbelievable and suspension beyond belief smooth. The cons are that it’s feature list is a bit outdated. Has everything that you’d sensibly require but no glitz like Sunroof or Ventilated seats. Interiors are nice though not stand out. Take a TD and fall in love with its power, smooth and silent drive. If you want a “modern” powerful car go with the Kushaq at 113bhp power and 178nm torque

The Koreans aren’t the only alternative to the Germans even though the Japanese are not trying to have any day in that battle.

I am today going to TD the 1.0 AT Style once again after August. At that time I wasn’t aware of the Kicks. I already have a booking in place for a Sonet GTX+ D-AT, which with every passing day I’m more inclined to cancel. So now I’m stuck between a contemporary but slightly underpowered Kushaq, relatively of course and a not at all popular, dated but superb powerful driving machine in the Kicks. Just cannot make up my mind which to go for.

Incidentally the Kushaq 1.0 Style AT is going for a good discount ₹18.0 L net On Road Mumbai for the 2 airbag version and & ₹18.70 L on raod Mumbai for the 6 airbags+ TPMS version. That’s super pricing I think. The Kicks after all discounts is ₹17.0 Lac OTR Mumbai for the XV Pre 1.3 CVT, just to give a comparison.

Last edited by Aditya : 29th November 2021 at 05:19. Reason: Back to back posts merged
armumbai is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th November 2021, 10:43   #1845
BHPian

Quote:
..But seeing the quality of Astor's roof liner, I am very sure that Astor's interior quality is at least one or two notches above the segment.
Touché.. I test drove the Astor as well. I loved the seat fabric and the rest of materials incl. roof lining. But it turns out they are sharing parts bin with the VW group. All the switch gears feel like the global VW quality and the boot opening flip logo as well.

So yeah, the Astor on quality is superior to the A0 IN models and for that matter others in this segment as well.

I fell there is no chance that VW group would add such quality to the fabric to the Kushaq and Taigun. So anything in between is just still a compromise after having seen good quality products by VAG.

Most Viewed