Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2022, 14:30   #2176
BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq Review

Hi,
Has anyone got a permanent solution for door rattling noise? When I called up the service center they said we need to apply some chemical and keep the car for 4 hrs. Is that the only fix?
Old 21st January 2022, 15:42   #2177
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq 1.0 TSI Ambition MT Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by njaustin123 View Post

Now some pics of my 'Graphene Dark Edition' Kushaq
Congratulations. Those are some really lovely pictures - definitely the best of Kushaq I have seen so far. Skoda should buy them from you :-)

Looks are subjective and usually it's the VW that has more understated designs but in the case of Taigun, VW certainly deviated from their family look and attempted to please local market. Kushaq remained true to the family look of Skoda cars and came out better in my opinion.
androdev is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st January 2022, 16:38   #2178
BHPian

Quote:

Now some pics of my 'Graphene Dark Edition' Kushaq
Nicely done mods. The car looks very nice. Did you get the alloy wheels painted in black or is it some kind of wrap on it?
Old 21st January 2022, 18:04   #2179
BHPian

Quote:
After making my mind for Taigun, I started observing Taiguns and Kushaqs on the road. Most of the time Taigun felt more car-ish than an SUV. Mainly the front looks, which makes it look like a bigger Polo. The backside too though youthful with full LED strip, didn't appeal me much (Sorry all current and future owners of Taigun, no offense meant - just my taste). But with the exact same dimensions and most parts shared, Kushaq looked bigger and more masculine - mainly with the typical Skoda grill. It looks like a smaller Karoq or so. Back side also is more classy than Taigun.
Totally agree, I also feel Kushaq looks better than Taigun. Even interiors are more or less the same except the digital MID. Skoda front grill is more classy and gives you an appeal of a bigger car. Silver and carbon steel are my favorite colors. You have taken great pics and would like to wish you many miles ahead!
Old 22nd January 2022, 12:58   #2180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeeBeeR View Post
As I'm single and my family already has a Honda City, I would be even okay in getting a Sonet GTX+ if I can somehow prepare myself to go for a less structurally sound vehicle. I can at least end up saving a lot of money that way and probably get a better one couple of years down the line.

The sad reality is that a couple of weeks ago we thought the Monte Carlo would come with panoramic sunroof, a digital cluster and some good interiors. Now, it seems that the most important feature in the Monte Carlo would be the electrically foldable mirrors.
Also, with the semiconductor shortage and the focus on Slavia, I don't think we'll get a Monte Carlo till Q3.
I was willing to live with the Seltos 3* safety, but the ride felt too harsh compared to the others I drove (Taigun, Harrier, compass). Does the Sonet have a better ride?
Old 22nd January 2022, 13:06   #2181
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid3091 View Post
I was willing to live with the Seltos 3* safety, but the ride felt too harsh compared to the others I drove (Taigun, Harrier, compass). Does the Sonet have a better ride?
The Sonet is slightly better than the Seltos, while still being on the stiffer side.
If you're okay with a sedan, the Slavia would be a great option for you.
Hope this is not going off topic for the mods.
Old 22nd January 2022, 13:28   #2182
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
Now I am looking for the Rapid Monte Carlo's wheels (16x6J), if only someone decides to sell them
Saw this picture on the Kushaq FB page. Active variant with Rapid Monte Carlo alloys -

Skoda Kushaq Review-fb_img_1642787149879.jpg
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2022, 13:30   #2183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Saw this picture on the Kushaq FB page. Active variant with Rapid Monte Carlo alloys -

Attachment 2263504
This is a mod done by someone. Nice mod but I personally like the 17inc Style variant alloys.
Mickey1986 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2022, 21:34   #2184

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbyte View Post
Would it possible for you to show how to identify GEN03S vs GEN01S ? It will help the rest of us identify such problems. Not all of us are blessed with honest dealers.
I got the door beadings replaced today, the whole process took about 3 hours. Attaching the images that i clicked of the new beadings fitted. I hope it will be helpful.

It seems to have solved the problem for now, will see how it goes in upcoming weeks.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Kushaq Review-e7fd9513b29a4015a2ee7a6bef8de3d6.jpeg  

Last edited by 2wheelerhoot : 22nd January 2022 at 21:51.
2wheelerhoot is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2022, 00:43   #2185

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramsudhir View Post
Nicely done mods. The car looks very nice. Did you get the alloy wheels painted in black or is it some kind of wrap on it?
It is black glossy paint. The cladding all around is also painted in glossy black. Finally there is a graphene coating too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
Congratulations. Those are some really lovely pictures - definitely the best of Kushaq I have seen so far. Skoda should buy them from you :-)
He he, thank you androdev

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejithkk View Post
Congrats Austin for the new car and the awesome first post here. The external mods are really tasteful. Wish you many more wonderful kilometers with the Kushaq.
Thank you, sreejith

Update:
Took the car to EVM Skoda Kochi Service for the Skoda Connect not working issue today. As guessed by the CRM in my call with them, it was a problem with the JIO dongle not properly inserted. The people at the Service were polite and friendly and fixed the issue in 10 mins. Not sure how much I am going to use the connected features. But yes, it started working. Along with this I also got the AIr Filter replaced by the Carbon one which I had bought as an additional accessory. Also I had issues with searching/installing apps from Skoda Play in the car. This got fixed by a System Reset.

Somebody here was asking about the Navigation App (Sygic) Voice disabling. Could not find that option. But could see there is an option to disable notifications in the App's Settings->Navigation Options ->Notifications. You may please try disabling notifications.
njaustin123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2022, 11:56   #2186
Senior - BHPian

Kushaq vs Kicks drag race, its 150hp + DSG vs 156hp + CVT.

Venkatesh is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2022, 14:03   #2187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2wheelerhoot View Post
I got the door beadings replaced today, the whole process took about 3 hours. Attaching the images that i clicked of the new beadings fitted. I hope it will be helpful.

It seems to have solved the problem for now, will see how it goes in upcoming weeks.
Thanks for this. Quick question, does this go on the door or on the body?
When I got mine changed, the SA mentioned only the body one is changed and not the door ones. So, wanted to confirm that.
Old 23rd January 2022, 14:44   #2188
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Kushaq vs Kicks drag race, its 150hp + DSG vs 156hp + CVT.
Can't help but notice how clean and elegant the kicks' dashboard is.

I wish they did the drag with MT variants though. 150 bhp on small crossovers has become a norm today. 5 years ago, 154 bhp on a 2 tonne storme was seen as something special.

PS: Did these guys actually drag race a Polo tsi with a XUV700?

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 23rd January 2022 at 14:52.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2022, 14:57   #2189

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridehard View Post
Thanks for this. Quick question, does this go on the door or on the body?
When I got mine changed, the SA mentioned only the body one is changed and not the door ones. So, wanted to confirm that.
I’m not quite sure about it, but they had removed the inner door pads so I believe it was both. I was not allowed to stand there and observe, but I requested them to show the part to me before installing to which they obliged.
Old 23rd January 2022, 16:00   #2190

Hello friends ...

I owned a 2009 model red color honda city ivtec and 2018 model hyundai i20 white colour.

Took a test drive of Kushaq 1.5 tsi manual and the sound of the turbo engine in the first gear and low revs made me decide that this is THE car to buy.

Initially, i planned for carbon steel color to trade in my red honda city.
However, the ivtec being the engine of all times and the carbon steel color in my personal opinion made the kushaq look smaller in comparison to same car in white colour(though this holds for all cars).

So, i went ahead and traded in my white hyundai i20 for the white kushaq 1.5 tsi manual style variant.

so i have now two 1.5 liters - one NA and one turbo.

Can i get advice from you guys please if i should go in for ceramic coating for white colour kushaq.noticing swirl marks despite using wet 3m microfiber cloth all the time for cleaning the car.
btw I have not done any coating on my now nearly 13 yrs old red colour honda city. just been doing normal polish and wax. and the color is still good.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks