Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2022, 11:50   #1501
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Taigun Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-g-p View Post
First increase price and then offer discount, this has now become a trend
Between, are these discount amount applicable on the "anniversary edition" of Taigun ? Anniversary edition was spared a price increase, I guess !
Anniversary Editions have become affordable by almost Rs. 30,000. read this on Zigwheels "https://www.zigwheels.com/news-features/general-news/volkswagen-virtus-taigun-and-tiguan-prices-upped-by-upto-rs-71000/47266/"
_Piyush_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2022, 19:26   #1502

Been a long car search and I'm pretty much down to either the Taigun or the Kushaq - 1.0 TSI AT top end variants both ways. No anniversary edition or Monte Carlo for me. I want to get away a bit from exterior design and interiors - no clear winner or loser for me either way and that's maddening - and ask for opinions on:

1 - Resale value: All else being equal and purely extrapolating from today, would the VW garner a significantly higher resale price than the Skoda n years down the line?

2 - Would folks from Bangalore have any thoughts on the recent quality of the ASS? I've heard the old horror stories and am hoping (blindly) that that's in the past. Would you recommend one 'brand' over the other from a service point of view. I'd probably take full EW and some sort of service package for what it is worth.
Old 9th October 2022, 20:30   #1503
BHPian

Completed 5000 kms with my Taigun Highline AT within 3 months.

Observations so far:
  • No issues with AC. I have got manual AC instead of touch one.(Received 15k discount from VW for this) Personally manual knob for AC works better for me instead of touch.
  • No door rattling noise.
  • Roof liner has been much improved.
  • Superb driving dynamics and composed highway manner.
  • Feels rock solid and planted at high speed.
  • Never felt underpowered at some of the ghat sections with 5 adults and fully occupied boot.
  • Getting 10-11 kmpl in city B2B traffic. Hopefully it will get improved after 1st service.
  • Able to extract ~16 kmpl in highway while cruising at 85-95 kmph.
  • I am using RON 95 as recommended in manual.
  • Throw of halogen headlights are pretty good. Dint feel the urge to upgrade to LED.

Some pics of my steed.

Volkswagen Taigun Review-img7960.jpg

Volkswagen Taigun Review-img8107.jpg

Volkswagen Taigun Review-img7575.jpg

Volkswagen Taigun Review-img8111.jpg
Deadpool is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 10th October 2022, 14:27   #1504

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osteon206 View Post
Front wiper : 24" & 18"
Rear wiper : 12"
Brand : Hamaan
Price : Rs. 1000 for all 3 wiper blades put together

has anyone put the 13 inch Bosch Clear Advantage frameless wiper blade on the Taigun rear window ? I dont see 12 inch in frameless available. I'm wondering if the 13 inch will fit as well
Old 10th October 2022, 18:58   #1505
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepss1980 View Post
has anyone put the 13 inch Bosch Clear Advantage frameless wiper blade on the Taigun rear window ? I dont see 12 inch in frameless available. I'm wondering if the 13 inch will fit as well
The wiper blades on my Taigun need replacement soon. I’m planning to try the Bosch ones, will update once I change them. So far in 8 months the car has run 26k km.
Osteon206 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2022, 15:47   #1506
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Piyush_ View Post
Anniversary Editions have become affordable by almost Rs. 30,000. read this on Zigwheels "https://www.zigwheels.com/news-features/general-news/volkswagen-virtus-taigun-and-tiguan-prices-upped-by-upto-rs-71000/47266/"
They have not reduced the prices on Taigun Anniversary edition. Instead prices remains same (Increased) like regular version. You are offered a discount like whatever is applicable for corresponding Topline 1.0. You do get the Anniversary edition kit worth 29k free. This can be confirmed from their website and I have confirmed with dealership. How come this information got circulated in so many media publications wrongly ?
d-g-p is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2022, 17:54   #1507
BHPian

Hey all!

I have been meaning to purchase a decent tyre inflator + puncture kit. I have gone through the thread here (Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump) plus a few other threads.

Has any Taigun user been using a inflator that is run using the onboard 12V socket without any fuse blowing, short wire, or nozzle fit issues? I am quite open to use a manual one but somehow the electric one seems more appealing, though lot more noisier, based on the videos.

I have observed that the indirect TPMS doesn't really work with detecting non-flat air losses. I have seen tyre pressure reduce from 36 to 30 or so between refills (a long one at that) and since the car is mostly been running in city traffic, it is not showing any indication I suppose. I am planning for a long trip in a couple of weeks and want to get a direct TPMS installed on all 5 tyres.

I would love to hear opinions from Taigun users on direct TPMS systems that have used. Senseairy, Treel, Skyshop are the names I picked up from the relevant thread. Any recommendation from actual users who have used it in their Taiguns?

Interestingly, VW seems to provide both the TPMS and the Inflator as accessories for a price, which is of course not mentioned. Has anyone purchased both, used them and found them good enough?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Old 12th October 2022, 21:53   #1508
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmr View Post

I have observed that the indirect TPMS doesn't really work with detecting non-flat air losses. I have seen tyre pressure reduce from 36 to 30 or so between refills (a long one at that) and since the car is mostly been running in city traffic, it is not showing any indication I suppose.
I didn't follow. Are you saying gradual air loss across all tyres that is not detected? What I do, is once a month get air pressure checked no matter how much car has run and that should suffice.
neel911 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2022, 22:24   #1509

Can one upgrade to LED headlights in Highline AT variant. If someone has got it done through VW service how much did it cost. I think if the cost of replacement is reasonable enough it is worth upgrading. Any thoughts?
Old 13th October 2022, 06:38   #1510
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
I didn't follow. Are you saying gradual air loss across all tyres that is not detected? What I do, is once a month get air pressure checked no matter how much car has run and that should suffice.
Yes, it doesn't detect that gradual loss. I thought it was a one off event, but GTO has posted something similar long while back.

As for the monthly air check, I do that too when I refill fuel, but would love to actually see those psi numbers real time, especially when driving on longer trips. Consider this more of a safety investment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abiswas27 View Post
Can one upgrade to LED headlights in Highline AT variant. If someone has got it done through VW service how much did it cost. I think if the cost of replacement is reasonable enough it is worth upgrading. Any thoughts?
My dealer ASC absolutely discourages any changes to hardware as such (and I even asked for a downgrade to halogens)! I would not recommend upgrading to stock LEDs that is found on the Topline. It is bright and all, but when driving at night with lot of oncoming traffic in the other lanes (Bangalore to Chennai highway runs), I couldn't see the road in many places. This is just my opinion.

Now, if someone else has done changes to headlights, to make them more useful for night drives, I would love to hear from them here!
asmr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2022, 08:53   #1511
BHPian

Hi all, is the AC issue been resolved for the Taigun? When I test drove the vehicle a few months back, i found the cooling very unsatisfactory and subsequently i found that this is a common compliant across VW and Skoda.
Old 13th October 2022, 09:10   #1512
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by contentedbloke View Post
Hi all, is the AC issue been resolved for the Taigun? When I test drove the vehicle a few months back, i found the cooling very unsatisfactory and subsequently i found that this is a common compliant across VW and Skoda.
When I enquired with a VW sales person regarding the same, I was informed that the quality issues like rattling, AC issues and EPC etc were taken care in cars manufactured after April/May 2022. This should be same for Skoda also. Can the owners who purchased Taigun or Kushaq after this period confirm about this ?? This should apply to Slavia and Virtus as well.
d-g-p is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2022, 17:08   #1513
BHPian

Quote:
When I enquired with a VW sales person regarding the same, I was informed that the quality issues like rattling, AC issues and EPC etc were taken care in cars manufactured after April/May 2022.
I had taken delivery of my Taigun GT+ in the end of May 2022. I can confirm that the roof liner, AC issues etc are not present in my car. Regarding EPC issues, as far as I understand VW never faced them. At least they werent as widespread in the Taigun as compared to the Kushaq.

I do get door squeaks occasionally over bad roads. But they arent too much of an annoyance, and I dont notice them much over the wide grin that I have revving the 1.5 TSI :-)

Needed some advice on the usage of the start stop function in the Taigun GT+.

As per the popular consensus on this forum, I too found the start stop function to be too aggressive and a touch annoying. So for the first few months I would switch off the function as soon as I started the car. But I have realized, idling the 1.5TSI (At a signal, in traffic, waiting in the car etc) absolutely murders its fuel economy.

Recently I have started using it (the start stop function) and only switching it off in critical situations as I see fit. I have seen a 1.5-2 Km/L improvement on my fuel economy post doing this.

My question is: What impact does this function have on the battery and its longevity? I have combed the manual and there is no mention of how this function impacts the car's battery. Is it safe to use on a long term? I actually wince whenever the battery cranks the engine every few seconds, especially in peak traffic.

Thanks.

Last edited by Turbanator : 13th October 2022 at 17:26. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Quoted post trimmed.
Tanu3000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2022, 17:24   #1514
BHPian

Quote:
When I enquired with a VW sales person regarding the same, I was informed that the quality issues like rattling, AC issues and EPC etc were taken care in cars manufactured after April/May 2022. This should be same for Skoda also. Can the owners who purchased Taigun or Kushaq after this period confirm about this ?? This should apply to Slavia and Virtus as well.
My cousin purchased Kushaq Active a month ago and he hasn't reported any issues till now, all new products comes with some issues and they get fixed with time as the company comes to know about them.

Thar, XUV700, Ola scooter, and every other new launch had some issues, the real testing is done by us the customers and within a year most of them get fixed. Taigun comes with 4 years of standard warranty and you can opt for 2 years of extended warranty for peace of mind.
yesyeswe is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th October 2022, 19:53   #1515
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanu3000 View Post
I can confirm that the roof liner, AC issues etc are not present in my car. Regarding EPC issues, as far as I understand VW never faced them...
I do get door squeaks occasionally over bad roads...

My question is: What impact does this function have on the battery and its longevity? I have combed the manual and there is no mention of how this function impacts the car's battery. Is it safe to use on a long term? I actually wince whenever the battery cranks the engine every few seconds, especially in peak traffic.

Thanks.
I am very happy to know that the roof liner, door squeaking and AC issues are not there in the newer lots. Now I can bug my ASC about them more (unsuccessfully!).

On the question of Engine idle start stop, I was initially super thrilled that they have included and was looking for a retrofit in my Taigun Topline AT. But then I started doing some 'research' and found that it's not that simple.

There's a thread here on Team BHP on it. A popular YT video was referenced (Idling auto-start / stop | Yay or Nay?) in it too. Interestingly, I found a counter to the video linked in that post.

This is very detailed too. It is not about Taigun in specific but it does cover various aspects, including battery impact, I thought. Looks like there are better ways to save money on fuel after all.

Last edited by asmr : 13th October 2022 at 19:53. Reason: corrected link
asmr is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks