Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2022, 00:01   #1546
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Taigun Review

Hello BHPians, reaching out for help regarding making a final buying decision.

My father is in the market for a Petrol CSUV to replace the anemic Polo 1.2 TDI with following requirements
- Engine with good pickup & performance (it is a must as he is a spirited driver)
- Good NVH levels (again a must as Polo is quite noisy)
- Reverse camera (good to have)

Based on our budget, we have finally shortlisted Taigun 1.0TSI Comfortline & Creta 1.5P EX. He loved the Taigun for its engine & understated looks but we are not able to get Creta 1.5P manual for a test drive.

Creta on paper seems to be a better proposition as it has a better service network, supposedly better NVH levels, also has a camera.
On the other hand Taigun is a 5 star rated car, looks better than Creta (personal choice), drives way better & is quieter than atleast our Polo.

It will be really great if anyone with experience of Creta's 1.5P engine or who may have tested both cars can weigh in.
Old 18th October 2022, 01:08   #1547
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CafeRacer16 View Post
It will be really great if anyone with experience of Creta's 1.5P engine or who may have tested both cars can weigh in.
Have a Taigun 1.0 MT Highline at home and have Seltos 1.5P Manual in extended family, and a friend has Creta 1.5P IVT. Having driven all of the cars, I like my Taigun the best.
The Korean 1.5 petrol engine is amazing and smooth, but VW's 1.0 has it's own fun. Korean will feel boring, German will always have a smile on your face.
adigup is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th October 2022, 09:45   #1548
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuelrack View Post
Hi,
Paging Thane & Navi Mumbai VW2.0 car owners - I have observed that Android auto always disconnect when I pass through this stretch. Has anyone else experienced the same? There was a similar problem reported earlier in this thread but could not find it now.
Attachment 2367949
It's not limited to the area you've highlighted. Apple carplay on my car disconnects on the nearby Kapurbawdi flyover on the exact stretch that's visible in the map. Once I'm out of it, I have to manually reconnect.

In Pune, this happens in Bavdhan, once you enter Bavdhan from Chandani Chowk.

Next time you're on that stretch, try wired Android Auto and let me know if you're facing disconnection issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmr View Post
Hey all!

I have been meaning to purchase a decent tyre inflator + puncture kit. I have gone through the thread here (Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump) plus a few other threads.

Has any Taigun user been using a inflator that is run using the onboard 12V socket without any fuse blowing, short wire, or nozzle fit issues? I am quite open to use a manual one but somehow the electric one seems more appealing, though lot more noisier, based on the videos.
...!
https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B08...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hey asmr, I've been using this product. I've had it for 2 months but ended up using just once, an hour before starting to Mumbai from Pune. I set the pressure to 35 psi and while undoing the nozzle, the air does leak till the contact is broken.

My colleague who drives a Kia Sonet has found his tyre inflater useful on two occasions where the cars tyres were punctured.

Hope this helps.

Quote:

My father is in the market for a Petrol CSUV to replace the anemic Polo 1.2 TDI with following requirements
- Engine with good pickup & performance (it is a must as he is a spirited driver)

Based on our budget, we have finally shortlisted Taigun 1.0TSI Comfortline & Creta 1.5P EX. He loved the Taigun for its engine & understated looks but we are not able to get Creta 1.5P manual for a test drive.

Do also check the steering feedback on turns. I've felt the Hyundai steerings don't give much feedback while the VW's weigh up on high speed turns.

I'm not much for features but, I've loved how Hyundai provides a button to toggle the rear camera. I wish there was a way we could do this on the Taigun.

Last edited by throttleflick : 19th October 2022 at 10:02.
throttleflick is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2022, 12:00   #1549
BHPian

Quote:
Have a Kushaq 1L manual and have also driven Creta 1.5 NA of a friend, would rate the 1L better than 1.5 NA if city drive is less. 1L from VAG is miles ahead in performance when you hit open roads, never makes you feel it lacks power even a bit.

But incase usage is more in city then it will require you to downshift quite often when compared to the NA engine. Driving feel and spirited driving- Taigun 1L hands down . The engine is a pocket rocket - have driven my Polo 1.2 TDI for approx 1.5L KMs so the remarks might be more in sync with your requirement.

Hope that helps!
tsi_niks1989 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2022, 16:32   #1550
BHPian

Quote:
I drive the i20 N Line, and have had it for an year now. Purely chiming in here from an overall build quality perspective of the Hyundai cars. One word - poor. While the interiors are great and fully loaded with all the possible creature comforts, the exterior build quality of sheet metal, and paint quality is just plain bad. And the cars don't score high on crash safety ratings either. My two cents will be to avoid Hyundai just for build quality (rather the lack thereof).
Wageabond is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th October 2022, 19:23   #1551
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

For the highlighted point alone, I would suggest Taigun 1 TSI. Hyundai 1.5 P is honestly a lethargic engine for spirited driving.

Last edited by sunikkat : 19th October 2022 at 19:24.
sunikkat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2022, 19:31   #1552
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Turbocharged petrols are known to drink like crazy when driven in a spirited manner. Although mileage is never part of the criteria, as understandably the Polo diesel is known for its mileage, you may want to keep your dad informed of the 1.0 TSIs heavy drinking habits to have proper expectations.

A Vento 1.0 TSI AT owner I know currently gets 9-10 kmpl in the city when driven carefully.
Turbohead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2022, 19:46   #1553
BHPian

My father actually got to test drive Creta yesterday & ultimately he liked Taigun's performance better which was the point on which we were confused.

Since his running is not much, he is okay with the mileage so we went ahead & finalised Taigun 1.0TSI MT, with delivery promised by Diwali.

Thanks a lot everyone for your feedback.
CafeRacer16 is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 20th October 2022, 08:04   #1554
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttleflick View Post

Hey asmr, I've been using this product...

Hope this helps.
Hey throttleflick, thanks a lot for the input. Curiously I didn't get any notification on your response!

I had called up the ASC yesterday to check on availability and cost of the VW genuine accessories TPMS and the inflater. The internal TPMS costs Rs.8000 but they didn't know the price of the inflater. It was not in stock as well.

When I queried about the power rating of the 12V socket, the response left me a bit confused. They said it is rated for 4.8A max current! That's 60W or less on max power output, which is one half or one third of the peak power requirement for any inflaters available in the market.

Last edited by asmr : 20th October 2022 at 08:28. Reason: Correcting for content
Old 20th October 2022, 09:21   #1555
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmr View Post
I had called up the ASC yesterday to check on availability and cost of the VW genuine accessories TPMS and the inflater. The internal TPMS costs Rs.8000 but they didn't know the price of the inflater.
Can this one be integrated in the Infotainment system and/or Instrument cluster? And I wonder why they are giving an indirect TPMS in Taigun which is not so useful and cumbersome !
Old 20th October 2022, 09:41   #1556
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-g-p View Post
Can this one be integrated in the Infotainment system and/or Instrument cluster? And I wonder why they are giving an indirect TPMS in Taigun which is not so useful and cumbersome !
I don't think so since the description seems to be that this can be seen on a mobile. But I have read on the other threads that integration via android auto or even direct integration is possible.
asmr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2022, 09:31   #1557
BHPian

Has anyone observed seepage of little bit of rain water under fuel tank lid. I feel the design of fuel tank lid is to be blamed. Have never had this issue in any other car.
Old 22nd October 2022, 12:59   #1558
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhu7944 View Post
Has anyone observed seepage of little bit of rain water under fuel tank lid. I feel the design of fuel tank lid is to be blamed. Have never had this issue in any other car.
I think its a design issue. I own a Taigun, I have noticed this in it. It was also there in my older Polo. Never had any issues with it though.
Tanu3000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2022, 13:06   #1559

Quote:
Water does enter, but only remains around the lid. Most of the water entering drains out through the hole near the fuel cap.
MismatchD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2022, 19:36   #1560
BANNED

Quote:
Could you please share the picture with the issue you are facing. I don't think it is an issue if the water is not entering the fuel tank. There should be a passage through which it drains out. It should be happening in all vehicles especially during pressure washes and heavy rains unless they have air/water tight fuel lid.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks