Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2022, 10:10   #1591
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Taigun Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by steadfast View Post
Need advice:

I want to buy Taigun basically for city use. Should I go for TC or DSG ?

Are DSG errors now of the past ?
Three points to consider here.
(1) Do we need the power of 1.5 litre engine Taigun for predominantly city use ?
(2) Fuel efficiency would not be so great with 1.5 L in city as cylinder activation technology of this particular engine would not kick in city driving conditions.
(3) Though DSG gears have improved a lot in newer cars, it would still remain a concern in start stop traffic, particularly for the variant of DSG used in Taigun.
Unless there's some highway driving, no incentive in DSG equipped 1.5 litre variant over 1.0 TC from practicality point of view. Bonus : you can save some bucks !!
d-g-p is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th November 2022, 15:43   #1592
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by steadfast View Post
Need advice:

I want to buy Taigun basically for city use. Should I go for TC or DSG ?

Are DSG errors now of the past ?
The TC gearbox comes with the 1.0 TSI and the DSG comes with the 1.5 TSI. I would suggest you test drive both of them and see which one you prefer more. Both the engine options are very good, but they have their own characteristic nature. The TC and DSG are very similar in performance. The DSG is obviously better in shift point and timing, but in isolation the TC is good enough.

DSG concerns are a lot less than what they used to be a few years back. But they are not absent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-g-p View Post
Three points to consider here.
(1) Do we need the power of 1.5 litre engine Taigun for predominantly city use ?
(2) Fuel efficiency would not be so great with 1.5 L in city as cylinder activation technology of this particular engine would not kick in city driving conditions.
(3) Though DSG gears have improved a lot in newer cars, it would still remain a concern in start stop traffic, particularly for the variant of DSG used in Taigun.
Unless there's some highway driving, no incentive in DSG equipped 1.5 litre variant over 1.0 TC from practicality point of view. Bonus : you can save some bucks !!
1) You will not use the power (150 HP) of the 1.5TSI in city. But power is not the main thing in this case, the torque is (250 NM). The massive amount of torque available makes the engine extremely easy to drive. You can drive the car in the city without any stress either on your self or the engine. I own a Taigun GT+ and I barely ever need to rev the car beyond 2000 rpm. The drive is effortless.

2) The ACT cuts in at any speed above 30kmph. Its pretty seamless and you wont notice it at all. Along with the idle start stop system you should get fuel economy in the double digits very easily. Truth be told, the 1.5 TSI is more fuel efficient even compared to the 1.0 TSI (ARAI rated). For a 150HP/250NM engine, that is remarkable.

3) You are right here. DSGs generally dont perform well in continuous and heavy bumper to bumper traffic. But there are ways to cope with such a situation (Going to manual mode, avoiding constant creep etc).

The DSG is not a practical choice. The pros and cons of the gearbox are both substantial. You buy a DSG car because you want to, not because you need to

Cheers.
Tanu3000 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th November 2022, 17:31   #1593

Hi Bhpians,
This is my first post. I have been a silent user of TeamBHP for a while now. Have been on the lookout from Feb 2022. Finally have decided to go with Taigun Topline MT. But, one another confusion, I have now is regarding the dealership in Bangalore.

Have enquired the prices with Apple Auto (VW Whitefield- closer to my home) and PPS Volkswagen. Based on the prices Apple Auto is quoting a lesser price( around 56k). But I do have misconceptions about Apple Auto ( The famed quote where they gave 22L quotation for a 11L car). Also, Google reviews are not that good for VW Whitefield. But incase of PPS Volkswagen in Hennur, the reviews are very good.

Can folks in Bangalore help me regarding this? Do I book the car and do servicing in VW Whitefield or try negotiating as much as possible with PPS VW and service with them?

This will be my first car. Have been driving my dad's Ertiga intermittenly until now. So, Your inputs will be really helpful.
Old 8th November 2022, 18:44   #1594
BHPian

Hello everyone!

I came across a standard maintenance/service schedule for VW in this post (VW Polo - Maintenance and Service cost and dos/don'ts).

Does anyone have an updated version of the sheet, specifically applicable to Taigun? The picture shown in that post is 11yrs old.

If anyone has the updated version and can post it here for reference, it would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
Old 8th November 2022, 20:55   #1595
BHPian

The brochure mentions about rear fog lamps standard across all variants. I couldn't find in mine(Jan22 mfg), anyone who has got the rear fog lamps? If yes, please share pictures. Volkswagen Taigun Review-img20221108wa0013.jpg
Old 8th November 2022, 22:39   #1596
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moto_noob View Post
Hi Bhpians,
This is my first post. I have been a silent user of TeamBHP for a while now. Have been on the lookout from Feb 2022. Finally have decided to go with Taigun Topline MT. But, one another confusion, I have now is regarding the dealership in Bangalore.
From my experience of buying 2 vw cars I would suggest you also look at vw Palace cross. Very experienced and stable dealership.
EaurougeatSpa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2022, 08:56   #1597

Quote:
Originally Posted by EaurougeatSpa View Post
From my experience of buying 2 vw cars I would suggest you also look at vw Palace cross. Very experienced and stable dealership.
But VW Palace Cross is a bit far (22 kms) from my place. Add bangalore traffic to the same. It is almost 2 hrs drive to it.
Old 9th November 2022, 15:31   #1598
BHPian

Quote:
Can folks in Bangalore help me regarding this? Do I book the car and do servicing in VW Whitefield or try negotiating as much as possible with PPS VW and service with them?
I am in a position to help you out. I reside in Bangalore and have owned 2 VW vehicles (Polo - Purchased Sep 2014, Taigun GT+ - Purchased May 2022).

My initial polo purchase was from VW Whitefield (Appleauto). I had an exceedingly good sales experience, and went there for my Polo's service subsequently. It was good in the beginning but I did see it degrade over the years. For my 4th year regular service, they kept my car for 4 days quoting high volume. That was the last straw. I shifted to VW Hosur Road (Elite Motors) for my service.

My initial Taigun GT+ booking was with VW JP Nagar (Elite Motors). As I had a service relationship, I thought it would be better to have a purchase there as well. But Elite motors was unable to get a GT+ allocation for 5 months. Finally I ended up getting my Taigun GT+ from VW Thanisandra (PPS Motors). I plan to still use the VW Hosur Road (Elite Motors) for my service

I would suggest to consider PPS Motors for your purchase. Its a bigger dealership and gets better allocation from VW. I had bookings at Elite motors, PPS motors and AppleAuto before PPS motors finally delivered.

I have had a decent service experience at Elite Motors (VW Hosur Road). They do a decent job, turn around time is decently quick and they dont focus on over charging for every small thing. Only issue I have had is they dirty the car at times. But as long as they take care of what they are supposed to take care of. I am fine.

Hope my view helps.

Cheers.
Tanu3000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2022, 16:16   #1599

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanu3000 View Post
I would suggest to consider PPS Motors for your purchase. Its a bigger dealership and gets better allocation from VW. I had bookings at Elite motors, PPS motors and AppleAuto before PPS motors finally delivered.
Thank you! This did help. Will proceed booking with PPS motors.

On a different note, Now that I had a look at Virtus, I am confused if I should go with Virtus or Taigun. Planning to take a TD on Virtus as it saves ~2L in the onroad price for the topline variant.

Is there any one else who had the same confusion before and had made a decision?
Old 9th November 2022, 16:17   #1600
BHPian

Hi, does anyone know if there is any pause button option on the steering controls for music, or some other method? I can't seem to be able to figure it out and its a very essential feature.
Bluestallion is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2022, 20:39   #1601
SDx
BHPian

Quote:
Is there any one else who had the same confusion before and had made a decision?
I was in the same boat for a while however went ahead and booked Taigun in the end, though Virtus rides better IMO. Coming from a sedan it's felt more at home.
Initially I was in the market for a sub 4 meter AT car (no AMT, DSG or DCT) for city use but didn't enjoy driving any of the available options. That extra 300+ mm of length drove me away from Virtus.

I would suggest you to test drive both vehicles back to back before making the final call.

Last edited by SDx : 9th November 2022 at 20:42.
SDx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2022, 08:56   #1602
BHPian

What is the status of the AC in the 1.0 TSI models? There have been lot of complaints from owners in the various social media forums about AC not being very effective in the 1.0 litre models of Taigun. Some users have been saying that the AC problem is acute in the manual transmission models and not in automatics.

Is it the same in Virtus too?

And, is MY23 GT manual getting any extra features?

Last edited by Vipin Kumar : 10th November 2022 at 08:59.
Old 10th November 2022, 11:40   #1603

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipin Kumar View Post
What is the status of the AC in the 1.0 TSI models? There have been lot of complaints from owners in the various social media forums about AC not being very effective in the 1.0 litre models of Taigun. Some users have been saying that the AC problem is acute in the manual transmission models and not in automatics.

Is it the same in Virtus too?

And, is MY23 GT manual getting any extra features?
From my understanding, there was a coding issue on when the AC compressor would cut-off on low RPMs. Thus, people complained about the AC "tripping" during bumper to bumper traffic. Other than that, I found very few complaints of people not finding the cooling adequate if the AC wasn't tripping.

There has been a SW update for this issued in September which claims to solve this tripping issue. AC compressor keeps running at idling RPMS of ~1K also. The compressor obviously turns-off if you have start-stop system switched on, so when the engine is killed, so is that compressor.

I can corroborate that the AC on my Oct'22 1.0 Taigun hasn't tripped in bumper to bumper traffic. I can't comment on the cooling efficacy since Delhi temperatures are very mild right now, so AC cooling is barely needed. Guess I'll have to wait till March - April to know for sure. But my sense is that VW has been working on customer feedback well and I'm confident we won't be left hanging with a shitty AC in peak summers next. Or that's what I hope for
tabadhtodh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2022, 11:43   #1604
BHPian

Hi Everyone,

I'm on the verge of closing with the Highline 1.0 AT but the Kushaq is still on my mind.

Kushaq is now costing more after the Oct price hike. I'm currently getting a quote of 18.2L for Ambition 1.0 AT. It comes with touch ac and led headlamps which the Highline 1.0 AT doesn't offer (oh yes, but the Taigun does have a 10'screen vs the 8" on Kushaq).

Is there any difference in the cooling of the cabin with the manual AC knobs compared to the Touch panel? The SA told me that the new one are all coming Manual AC and they are cooling better :|

Also, any dealer suggestions would be great. Bhpian Malyaj said Apple Auto Mahadevpura gave a good quote of 17.5(with exchange 20k and loyal bonus20k). I'm yet to visit them.

However, Palace Cross Jayamahal gave me a cost of 18.01L and PPS around 18.18L(still on the higher side). I'll negotiate a little harder.

Regards,
Aashik
Old 10th November 2022, 12:17   #1605
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aashikf1 View Post
Is there any difference in the cooling of the cabin with the manual AC knobs compared to the Touch panel? The SA told me that the new one are all coming Manual AC and they are cooling better :|

However, Palace Cross Jayamahal gave me a cost of 18.01L and PPS around 18.18L(still on the higher side). I'll negotiate a little harder.
I'd anyday recommed knobs to a touch panel. It's better on usability and is far less distracting too. I was struggling to use the all-touch AC controls on a Taigun I test drove some time back.

BTW, if you are happy with Palace Cross, I have a senior staff member who has been very helpful. DM me if you need the details.
pannags is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks