Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2022, 11:15   #1651
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Taigun Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDx View Post
Lastly driving pleasure so far has been a mixed bag. Sometimes the car feels peppy other times it has to be pushed. I have been driving diesel cars for the last 10 years and last one was 1.5L DSG. Could that be the reason. Diesel Vs Petrol experience?
Hello,

I had written a post Link (Volkswagen Taigun Review) a few days/weeks back on this topic which would be helpful for you.

Cheers.
Tanu3000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2022, 11:58   #1652
SDx
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by designatedriver View Post
Hi SDx, can you tell us how much did it cost along with discount breakup please? Did you get complimentary Svp for 4 years as well?
I got 60k discount and 4yr SVP free of cost. Year end discounts might be higher. My quote was for INR, 16,06,649 (excluding insurance). This included TCS of INR 14,359 and INR 500 for Fastag.
Plus 30k Insurance, I took the car on Company lease hence the insurance was done by them at corporate rate.

PS: I didn't receive the discount breakup. After final negotiations, SA offered 60k discount in total. Originally, this included a rebate of 15K for manual AC however discount did not change later. I was clear from the start that I am not interested in manual AC and will only take the delivery if it comes with smart touch.
As per my SA, mine was the only Highline AT they received with Touch AC others which were delivery with it or after came with manual AC.

Last edited by SDx : 5th December 2022 at 12:12.
SDx is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th December 2022, 20:11   #1653

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
I'm quoting my post from another thread, please give it a read. I am reading 4 year service package including in offer as well in many advertisements, ask about that. My friend who has booked Kushaq Ambition is getting 40k cash discount on ex showroom, accessories package free, car seat covers free, and insurance for 31k. Calculate your price according to that offer. You can even look at Kushaq, it has projector headlamps which Taigun doesn't.
Thanks for the headsup, I will go over to Skoda tomorrow and find out
Old 9th December 2022, 10:52   #1654
BHPian

A general enquiry from the experts as well as the Taigun 1.0 automatic owners, regarding the issue of ac in bumper to bumper traffic, whether the tripping of the ac compressor has been solved or not. Planning to change wife’s 2017 Ignis Zeta AMT, which has covered around 55000km, and running fine except for a lot of rattles, and the interior has started to appear worn out. And she daily covers around 25km on a 2 lane highway, with fast moving traffic, so need a safe car, and only Taigun and Kushaq come to my mind. Hope the ac issue in the 1 litre engine has been solved, via software updates.
Old 9th December 2022, 17:08   #1655
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsratta View Post
A general enquiry from the experts as well as the Taigun 1.0 automatic owners, regarding the issue of ac in bumper to bumper traffic, whether the tripping of the ac compressor has been solved or not.
I can confirm for the Virtus 1.0 that this is not an issue. Being the same engine setup, I would expect that it applies to the Taigun 1.0 as well.
Newtown is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2022, 21:15   #1656
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsratta View Post
A general enquiry... Hope the ac issue in the 1 litre engine has been solved, via software updates.
I haven't seen this tripping issue with my 1.0 AT Topline when driving in Chennai's peak hour traffic. However, the inefficient cooling when in Auto mode is still not resolved, I think, even though there was a lot of noise on messages from VW Support team on Twitter and such.
asmr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th December 2022, 10:23   #1657
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmr View Post
I haven't seen this tripping issue with my 1.0 AT Topline when driving in Chennai's peak hour traffic. However, the inefficient cooling when in Auto mode is still not resolved, I think, even though there was a lot of noise on messages from VW Support team on Twitter and such.
Agreed on this. AC at best is average but not unmanageable. There was some tweet of software update solving this issue however seemed to be fake. There are other aspects on which car does better. Having said that i think VW will be really careless if they don't sort this out.
prabhu7944 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2022, 20:31   #1658

Re: New cars that are readily available, without any wait period

I am looking to buy an automatic sub-compact or compact suv/crossover. I liked the Nissan Magnite but sunroof is missing in it. It’s turning radius is great at 5 metres. I test drove the Taigun , their brochure mentions it’s turning radius at 5.05 m. When I visited the Skoda showroom, they mentioned the Kushaq’s turning radius is 5.3 m. Both Kushaq and Taigun are 4.2m long. Anyone can clarify on the turning radius figure for these 2 cars? Thanks.
Old 12th December 2022, 21:35   #1659
BHPian

Quote:

During this drive, I did face one issue. The steering wheel, when centered (visually, aligning to the side stalks) saw the vehicle drift to the left. I then started noticing that I had to hold the steering 2 or 3 degs turned to the right to keep the vehicle straight. Is this the same as the left drag issue that people have been complaining about? or Something that got to do with wheel alignment? I had checked the tyre pressures and they were fine. Any guidance would be appreciated.
This is a known issue on VW cars coming out of Factory these days. The Pune VW Factory either has a horrendous Wheel Alignmnent setup or the technicians performing the same are pathetically unskilled or just lazy.

The fix is :
1) Get a Proper Wheel Alignment & Wheel Balancing from a reputed Shop in your locality and make sure they have the Values of VW Taigun stored/updated on their systems and not use the values of VW Vento/Polo/Ameo/Jetta/Passat etc. And, please make sure that the technician sits in the car while he locks the Steering Wheel to make sure SW is straight with respect to the driver, before he adjusts the Toe. If the SW is locked Off-Centre, the SW will remain Off-Centre after the Wheel Alignment.

2) Most important final step is to get the Steering Angle Sensor Calibrated at a VW Service Centre after Wheel Alignment which is absolutely necessary on cars equipped with ESC (Electronic Stability Control). This is to match the steering angle to the vehicle's new thrust line. Unfortunately VW Service Centres in India do not have enough knowledge about this and they don't consider this to be a necessity. Be adamant and get this crucial step done. It's done with a VCDS. Otherwise, your Steering Wheel will never give the intended feel and feedback with respect to the tyres. All the above steps will hopefully help in reducing the pull to a great extent on your vehicle. Check this link if it could be of any help. https://www.hunter.com/media-center/...-sensor-reset/
teja030 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th December 2022, 15:53   #1660
BHPian

Not sure if this has been shared or what the split is about the discounts. Saw this today though.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Taigun Review-img20221215wa0003.jpg  

rejeen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th December 2022, 21:06   #1661

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDx View Post
I got 60k discount and 4yr SVP free of cost. Year end discounts might be higher. My quote was for INR, 16,06,649 (excluding insurance). This included TCS of INR 14,359 and INR 500 for Fastag.
Plus 30k Insurance, I took the car on Company lease hence the insurance was done by them at corporate rate.

Sorry, which city is this in? When did you get the delivery? in how any days?
What was the total discount you received?
Old 16th December 2022, 00:23   #1662
SDx
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RohanDeshmukh View Post
Sorry, which city is this in? When did you get the delivery? in how any days?
What was the total discount you received?
Rohan, I am from Delhi.
Booked the car on 14th October and it arrived at the dealership on 6th November. Unfortunately, I was only able to take the delivery of the car on 25th November. It got delayed due various issues and delays by my leasing company.

As I mentioned in my previous post total cash discount received was 60 thousand.

Last edited by SDx : 16th December 2022 at 00:25.
SDx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2022, 19:49   #1663
BHPian

Has anyone else noticed frequent notification beep when using Android Auto in your Taiguns? It interrupts any other audio that's playing via Android Auto... Audible, Amazon Prime etc. Something that sounds like "kanakanak". I started noticing this only from October, during my drive to Madurai. I even disabled all map related alerts but it didn't make any difference.

Does anyone know what causes that jingle sound? Is there a way to disable that?
Old 21st December 2022, 20:38   #1664
SDx
BHPian

Quote:
Has anyone else noticed frequent notification beep when using Android Auto in your Taiguns?
No... but I disabled everything except Google maps and Spotify .

All those notifications were such a distraction, drive is so much more peaceful since I turned off all the unnecessary apps from Android auto.
SDx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2022, 17:12   #1665
BHPian

Late Post!

Thank you all BhPians for the suggestions and inputs. Special thanks to Pannags who was a great help throughout my purchase process.

So, I finally decided to go with the Kushaq 1.0 Ambition AT and took the delivery on 4 Dec. After considering and shooting down Hyryder, Creta, Seltos and Astor, it was finally between Taigun and Kushaq. My family liked and felt the Kushaq had better road presence and the tail-lights looked a little bit more matured. The small differences in the screen didn't really bother me.

It was really difficult as the Taigun topline price was very attractive from a Hyd dealer with just a lakh more than the Kushaq mid Ambition 1.0 AT that I was paying for. And these were My23 models(Oct onwards). I didn't go ahead with that as we firmly decided on the Kushaq. I can share the details privately if anyone is interested.

Drive Experience so far on the 1.0 AT was amazing. Should be on different on the Taigun 1.0 AT too.
The FE is around 6-6.5kpl in the city and 12.7kpl on the highway as of now with 1000kms done. Heard from other users that this will improve slowly. The 1000kms included a drive from Bangalore to Hyderabad which was total fun without pushing it too much. Even after the long drive, I was comfortable and had no body pains. My parents who travelled along had no complaints too. The AC worked fine in the hot sun. The steering felt sturdy throughout and the braking was spot on (there were couple of occasions where I had to brake hard and the response was impressive).

Initially you may feel the braking is too sharp. If you are driving it after a while, you may hear the brake noise for a bit, but after braking a few times, it disappears. It takes a bit of getting used to the car to brake smoothly.

Thank you all again.
aashikf1 is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks