Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2022, 09:53   #1681
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Taigun Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaduri View Post
Hi, I am facing the issue of a slight squeaking noise while braking at low speeds. I have the 1.0 Taigun base model manual. It is only 7 months or so old.

Showed it to my trusted service guy and he got the brakes cleaned of dirt and debris. But the issue remains. I am now concerned.

Has anyone else faced this issue and is there a solution? Is it still safe to drive the car?
I have this issue. It is an unwanted and unpleasant noise like the ones in old cars. Had brought it up to SA and he pretended like it is not an issue at all. Few times I get a whistling noise when car is in reverse gear which again was brushed aside by SA. I was like to even bring it to his notice.
prabhu7944 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2022, 20:09   #1682
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhu7944 View Post
Few times I get a whistling noise when car is in reverse gear which again was brushed aside by SA. I was like to even bring it to his notice.
Have a similar issue in my Virtus GT at parking speeds and was told the brakes were cleaned in the 1000kms service. Only return after a few kms of driving back home.

Last edited by kaushiksudra : 31st December 2022 at 20:09. Reason: Typo
Old 31st December 2022, 20:15   #1683
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushiksudra View Post
Have a similar issue in my Virtus GT at parking speeds and was told the brakes were cleaned in the 1000kms service. Only return after a few kms of driving back home.
My car is due for 15k servicing next week. Hopefully should be resolved
prabhu7944 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2022, 20:36   #1684
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhu7944 View Post
My car is due for 15k servicing next week. Hopefully should be resolved
I didn't notice the braking noise much or the whistling sound on the reverse gear. But do let us know how your service goes. I got the 1st year service done couple weeks ago and hit 8000 Kms last week.

My list of open issues - The driver window issue is still unresolved, ASC has no clue when it will be resolved. The overall noise of the car's structure on non-smooth roads is not mitigated by the tape fix they did. AC still remains a sore point when in Auto mode, even though we can manage it in manual mode.
Old 1st January 2023, 06:26   #1685
Senior - BHPian

While I am Overseas; my Family just put down a payment yesterday, for Taigun 1.5 GT Plus 1.5 Tsi DSG MY23 Wild Cherry Red as a replacement for our Faithful 2013 Polo 1.2MPi which has done about 47K in the last 9 years. The car is reaching the dealership tomorrow and Delivery is expected on Wednesday.

As I have understood, MY23 1.5 GT Plus now comes with Cooled seats; Are there any other changes apart from this?
akshay4587 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2023, 11:54   #1686
BHPian

30k km update. I got the 30k km service done last month after 10 months of vehicle purchase. I had just one complaint - grinding sound when slowing down from speeds over 80kmph at a speed breakers after driving for over 100km. The front brake pads had worn out - these were replaced - costed Rs. 6500 including labour for 4 brake pads - 2 each for the front wheels.

Work done included the above, engine oil change, oil filter, air filter, cabin filter, AC cleaning, Wurth wiper washer liquid (totally forgot to ask them not to add this since I anyway use the product from proklear). In total the service costed Rs. 17xxx.

There was one issue post service though. They have in house alignment and balancing, on one of the wheels they had fitted the tyre in the wrong direction. This particular tyre had a puncture 2 days following service when The boys at Madhus noticed this. I brought it to the attention of VW service and they apologised for the same.

In general I’m disappointed with the stock Goodyear tyres though, all tyres have had at least one puncture so far, one of them has had 3. In fact this particular tyre had a puncture which was repaired by VW service and that gave way damaging the tyre further after which I got a heat patch repair done by Madhus.

I’m really not ready to replace tyres this soon, hopefully they will survive another 20k km after which I am planning to switch to Ceat or Apollo whichever has 205/55R17.

A little off topic, due to this pattern of usage of 3500km a month, I’m afraid I may not be able to keep my car for the planned 7-10 years due to fear of crossing over 1.5lakh km - because of this we just purchased an Ather 450x for daily hospital commute alone for which I travel alone (over 50-60km per day). Also to curb the guilt of burning so much fuel. Repenting selling my 12 year old R15 in 2020.
Osteon206 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th January 2023, 14:53   #1687
BHPian

Hi all, Quick question.

Does anyone see anything wrong in the light pattern seen in the photos below? This is how the light throw is seen in low beam. When driving at night, it becomes even more apparent in dark areas, making me feel that RHS headlight is misaligned and the 'throw' is reduced compared to the LHS headlight.

Or is this by design? Any thoughts?

Thanks,

During day time, in my parking lot.

Volkswagen Taigun Review-img_20230104_142831.jpg

2 more photos, taken at a different time when it was dark outside.

Volkswagen Taigun Review-img_20221217_003144.jpg

Volkswagen Taigun Review-img_20221217_003153.jpg

Last edited by asmr : 4th January 2023 at 14:56.
Old 4th January 2023, 20:55   #1688

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekz View Post
Had purchased GT+ in this new blue colour and took delivery in November. This has been available since a month, I guess they took some time to update their website and materials. In addition to the colour, they added ventilated seats and LED reversing lights in GT+ (I guess LED lights in other variants as well).
Blue was available only in 1.0 version, as I understand.
Old 4th January 2023, 22:17   #1689

Background

Having been born and brought up in a lower-middle-class family in Mumbai, we could not afford a car, nor did we need one given the awesome Mumbai public transport system. I never even learned to drive till very late in life.

Many years later having moved to Pune (via Bangalore) with a family of my own, I was really scared of taking my newborn in PMC buses and autos. Time was ripe to buy my 1st car, which was Maruti Alto K10 , what else? Learned to properly drive this car and took the car all the way to Goa from Pune other than a few other trips. Dealing with Hinjewadi traffic made me a PRO

After about 3.5 years, I realized that Alto was not going to be sufficient for us, as my son was growing up and upgraded to VW Ameo, Highline, and Diesel. SA from VW brought an automatic vehicle for the test drive as the manual one was not available, and I was hooked on it. Personally, it was by far the best decision w.r.t cars as it eased my daily commute. I had tried a few other vehicles, but there was something about VW, which clicked and I purchased Ameo. In 6 years and 60K, I took Ameo on road trips to Indore, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, and Goa other than numerous trips to Mumbai from Pune. Ameo was regularly serviced and tyres were changed at 50K

Present Day

By now, my son has grown up to a 9 YO. I am now a petrol-head and so is my family, esp my son. We are really interested in checking out new vehicles and were turning our necks at the sight of a new car. There were numerous occasions of considering a change in the car, inviting a strong rebuttal from the wife, as Ameo was still good and can serve for a long time. But, due to eternal inquisitiveness, had test-driven XUV 700, KIA Seltos, Nexon electric, and Skoda Kushaq, and nothing was looking like a perfect replacement for AMEO. Of course, I was very excited about Taigun and had seen its launch LIVE on YouTube. Was very excited about Taigun, when I saw the 1st one on road.

My mum has been complaining about ingress and egress from Ameo being a bit of pain off late, with age. We used to see numerous videos on YT about Taigun and also its comparison with Creta/KIA. 5 Star rating for German twins was the icing on the cake.

Cut to mid-Dec 2022. VW (BU Bhandari, Pune) completes annual servicing and sends a brochure /advt of exchange offers for year-end. I casually call up VW and check what the offers are. BU Bhandari, Pune was quick to respond. SA called up and they arranged for a test drive immediately. It was a GT Plus 1.5 TSI Petrol vehicle and it was as expected comfortable to ride. I found the interiors better than that of Skoda Kushaq. My mum found it easier to get in and out of Taigun, compared to Ameo, which had sealed the deal anyways. SA was cheerful and assured that the best price will be given for Ameo for exchange and additional discounts of Loyalty Bonus, Exchange bonus, and corporate bonus will be provided. I was earlier given a quote of about X Lakhs for Ameo, during my visit to another VW showroom (close to 6 months ago) to check out Taigun (didn’t test drive then as it wasn’t available).

When the SA asked for my selling price, I quoted (X+1) Lakhs. A senior evaluator was sent promptly to my house to evaluate the car and the price they offered was (X+2) Lakhs, which was a pleasant surprise that sweetened the deal + bonuses.

On Road Price of TAIGUN 1.5 TSI GT Plus AT was quoted to me at Rs. 229843.

Stars aligned. Wife relented. Colour was selected as Carbon Black Steel after much discussion within the family and VW Taigun 1.5 GT Plus Automatic - Carbon Black steel was booked. SA from BU Bhandari/VW was really helpful in the entire process and aligned very well and was a pleasure to deal with. I went for PDI (using the Team-BHP checklist) after it was brought in the warehouse. SA himself drove me to the same and I met with mechanics there, who were already working on upgrading and working on my car. This was the MY23 with Ventilated seats.

Ameo was picked up from my house exactly 6 years later (27th Dec 2016 - 27th Dec 2022) and we went to take delivery of Taigun on 29th Dec 2022, a day after our 12th anniversary. It was a smooth process throughout and absolutely no hassles of any kind from SA and/or VW. I think we in Pune are blessed to have BU Bhandari chaps as dealers. In my association with them over the last 6 years, I never had any issue with them and that is also another reason to confidently go ahead with Taigun, besides obviously liking the drive and feel of the car.

I did not buy the accessories pack from VW as none of them were useful, IMHO. I purchased the floormats from them separately, which I found were of the best quality compared to the ones I saw in the few accessories shop near my house. Also purchased a car door protector strip.

After bringing it home, I sent it to 3M Car care, Baner, Pune for a Ceramic coating and part PPF (Paint Protection Film) and was happy with the outcome. I was satisfied with the service I received from them too.

Thus having bought Taigun partly for my mum and family and partly for the driving pleasure (with all the latest technologies, which weren't part of Ameo) with the heart winning over my head I look forward to longer ownership of Taigun and many more road trips!

P.S.: This is my first attempt to write a longish (purchase) experience. Excuse me for any mistakes.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Taigun Review-img20221231wa0016.jpg  

Volkswagen Taigun Review-img20221231wa0017.jpg  

RohanDeshmukh is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 5th January 2023, 08:07   #1690
Senior - BHPian

And She is here; I won't see her till the end of this month.
MY 23 GT Plus DSG with Manual but Ventilated front seats.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Taigun Review-f9786b5c7fd144969f7306c2b528534d.jpg  

akshay4587 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th January 2023, 09:04   #1691
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RohanDeshmukh View Post
I was earlier given a quote of about X Lakhs for Ameo, during my visit to another VW showroom (close to 6 months ago) to check out Taigun (didn’t test drive then as it wasn’t available).
If you don't mind sharing, what was the exchange price for Ameo? I too have a Ameo Highline DSG that is 6 years old but run just 26k km.
mtnrajdeep is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2023, 13:38   #1692

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
If you don't mind sharing, what was the exchange price for Ameo? I too have a Ameo Highline DSG that is 6 years old but run just 26k km.
Hmm. 6L. 6 Years & 60K+ Obviously good condition
RohanDeshmukh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2023, 15:23   #1693
BHPian

Folks,

Need help in routing rear-dash cable in Taigun.
Looked around in the other thread (dashcam install in 6 airbag..) and couldnt find any suitable pointers.

Could any of You share pics of the cable routing please.

Thanks.
Old 6th January 2023, 22:47   #1694
BHPian

Hello Team BHPians

Anyone here upgraded their Taigun tyre profiles from 205/55/R17 to 215/55/R17 or anything bigger than that?

Any suggestions on whether its safe to upgrade the tyres OR whether the current top model tyres are more than sufficient ?

Thanks and Regards
OceanWaves is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2023, 09:12   #1695
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Not so simple.

During the initial media previews, Skoda-VW had claimed that this platform cannot take wider tyres and hence they were limited to 205/55 17 spec. You can find this repeated in a couple of Youtube videos.

May need to recheck if the 215 tyres are touching the sidewall during lock to lock turns.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newtown View Post
Width of the Taigun being equal to the UK T-Cross, the top end SEL version has a wheel specification of 215/45 R18. Maybe the week itself won't take the additional 10 mm. But as you mentioned, yes has to be checked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanWaves View Post
Hello Team BHPians

Anyone here upgraded their Taigun tyre profiles from 205/55/R17 to 215/55/R17 or anything bigger than that?

Any suggestions on whether its safe to upgrade the tyres OR whether the current top model tyres are more than sufficient ?

Thanks and Regards
I have quoted a couple of posts this every thread related to the tyre upsizing just for context and reference. I have not come across any posts from Taigun owners on upsizing their tyre but here is one post (Škoda Kushaq 1.5 TSI MT Ownership Review | My Crossover Story) from Jan 03, 2023 where a Kushaq owner has done the upgrade to 215/55/R17 and it seems to be working out just fine after driving 5K Kms on those. Given Kushaq and Taigun are almost exactly same in terms of design and spec, I would think that upsize would be fine to do. But just curious, any specific reason as to why you wanted to upgrade the tyres?

My Nov 2021 manufactured Taigun came with MRF Wanderers, and as of yesterday I have driven 8.2K Kms on those. I haven't had any major concerns but doing turns at slightly higher speeds felt less confident in the early days. Given the state of roads in Chennai interiors, I was contemplating downsizing to a R16 but decided not to do that for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmr View Post
Hi all, Quick question.

Does anyone see anything wrong in the light pattern seen in the photos below? This is how the light throw is seen in low beam. When driving at night, it becomes even more apparent in dark areas, making me feel that RHS headlight is misaligned and the 'throw' is reduced compared to the LHS headlight.
Using this chance to bump up my previous post with a question on the light pattern to see if anyone has any feedback.

I also have a general question for all members. I seen a few posts on people upgrading their headlights, fog lights, tyres, adding extra horns, adding noise reduction pads in the doors, adding tints to windows (this is more about legal issues) etc. Wouldn't these impact warranty? With a 6yr warranty in place, I don't know if I would want to risk voiding warranty on a few parts (or the whole) by making such changes but that's more due to me not being familiar with such things.

Last edited by asmr : 7th January 2023 at 09:27. Reason: Added additional questions

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks