Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2023, 14:46   #1741
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Taigun Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by erichurricane View Post
Only irritating thing is that interior lights do not come on automatically when the engine is turned off. Never thought a 20 L car would miss out on such a simple feature.
Happy mile munching with your new car!

I my VW Golf, the interior lights will be switched on when remove the keys from ignition lock which is logical because I do not want the lights to be switched on as soon as I turn off the engine because I may still sit in the car and do something. I hope its same in Taigun also.
Old 8th February 2023, 15:55   #1742
BHPian

Folks - I was reading the Kushaq forum where someone mentioned that a sound/heat insulation shield is available for the bonnet. Is the same available for the Taigun? If you happen to speak to your service center on this, could you please let know what they said.

I spoke to the service center in Mumbai and they did not have one for the Taigun. However, they do have this for the Virtus!

Cheers!
Old 8th February 2023, 18:39   #1743

Hi Folks, I would like to know if any of you have installed a rear bumper on Taigun. Thinking of installing one(due to the fear of getting rear ended by bangalore fiery drivers). I am unaware of the consequences though. Please enlighten me on the same.

A Random Rear Bumper Installation Video

Last edited by moto_noob : 8th February 2023 at 18:41.
moto_noob is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2023, 19:10   #1744

Also Folks, My Taigun has recently crossed 2k kms. Also as my birthday is approaching, I would like to gift myself with the below mods done on Taigun.

Volkswagen Taigun Review-screenshot-20230208-7.07.53-pm.png

Can someone throw light on the costs involved to get these done and the recommended vendors?
Old 8th February 2023, 20:27   #1745
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moto_noob View Post
Also Folks, My Taigun has recently crossed 2k kms. Also as my birthday is approaching, I would like to gift myself with the below mods done on Taigun.

Attachment 2416244

Can someone throw light on the costs involved to get these done and the recommended vendors?
My cousin got it done from "dr code my vag" for 6000,
Everything is working perfectly, he is happy with the service and the results.
Old 8th February 2023, 21:15   #1746

Ohh.. Seems he has increased his price. dr code my vag quoted 7.5k. I negotiated to 7k.
Its time we get some discount for teambhp members
Old 9th February 2023, 10:57   #1747

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ02 View Post
There is a simple toggle switch you can access near the reading light. No manufacturer can ever miss this feature.
No option for this particular function. Confirmed with the Service Advisor too today morning. Having to park in a basement daily, I would have really liked this function. Sad!
Old 9th February 2023, 14:55   #1748
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by erichurricane View Post
No option for this particular function. Confirmed with the Service Advisor too today morning. Having to park in a basement daily, I would have really liked this function. Sad!
Near the reading light just keep the position of the switch in Middle, or you may refer the manual.
Old 13th February 2023, 11:08   #1749
BANNED

1 LTR TSI AT owners, what is the city mileage you are getting? What are the options in VCDS tweaks? Can the mileage improve if we tweak the vehicle?
How much is the service cost? Will it increase down the line?
Will the Taigun be reliable further down the line?
Old 13th February 2023, 13:09   #1750
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piyush Kanthak View Post
1 LTR TSI AT owners, what is the city mileage you are getting? What are the options in VCDS tweaks? Can the mileage improve if we tweak the vehicle?
How much is the service cost? Will it increase down the line?
Will the Taigun be reliable further down the line?

Hello friend - I got my new Taigun 1.0L AT 10 days ago. Mileage with Bangalore hovers around 7 kmpl, with an average speed (since the refill) of around 12-13kmph. Odo is around 900 km for now. I seriously hope these figures would improve in future.

Having said this, the vehicle is a gem. Performance is really good for a 1L engine. Driving is engaging and is a pleasure. for the engineers here.

One pathetic miss for me in this 20L+ INR car is the lack of a normal 'trip meter'. A simple, resettable trip meter would have jut sufficed. I did go thru the user manual and online forums- could not find the details on this. Can anyone help here, please.
Old 13th February 2023, 13:18   #1751
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hi Folks, I would like to know if any of you have installed a rear bumper on Taigun. Thinking of installing one(due to the fear of getting rear ended by bangalore fiery drivers). I am unaware of the consequences though. Please enlighten me on the same.

A Random Rear Bumper Installation Video
https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=VhIZk6dYUvs
Please don't waste money and spoil the clean VW looks with such horrendous rubbish mods.

They will transfer large impact hits to the frame below and do more damage. You have rear bumpers of plastic for a reason and not made of metal.
Vid6639 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 13th February 2023, 20:18   #1752

Hello guys, I have run into P0106 error on my Taigun 1.5 Manual (Run 9k kms). An engine check warning is shown on dash. Error description on VW connect app reads “Manifold Absolute Pressure/Barometer Pressure Circuit Range/ Performance Problem”. Anyone has any prior experience with this error and any possible solution? SVC is little far from my place and hence I will only be able to take my car there in a day or two. Is that alrite? Any help is appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Taigun Review-b269149730a942929ee945600dd667fc.jpeg  

Volkswagen Taigun Review-fc9b44eebdb34449a7da7bd7a644e3fc.jpeg  

Old 13th February 2023, 21:43   #1753
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It's not advisable to make modifications that could render the vehicle road-illegal, this could also result in a Challan/fine. The purpose of bumpers is to absorb energy during an impact and redirect it in a way that minimizes damage to the car. So please don't waste you money on such accessories.
tj123 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2023, 11:55   #1754
BHPian

Dear owners with a Taigun or a Virtus with the Start/Stop feature - It is my suggestion to deactivate it most of the time.
  1. The fuel savings are miniscule
  2. It puts a lot of load on the starter each time it restarts which will certainly reduce lifespan
  3. The battery used in the DSG is not an AGM battery from what I was given to understand from the dealer. While I understand that the electronics provided to us even in the top variants pale in comparison to top speced models abroad, in my opinion this still needs an AGM battery.

Hence, please use the start stop button judiciously and just turn it off most of the time.
Old 14th February 2023, 12:58   #1755
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newtown View Post
Dear owners with a Taigun or a Virtus with the Start/Stop feature - It is my suggestion to deactivate it most of the time.
Bumping a related query of mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGearBox View Post
Question about the Auto Start-Stop system

Is it ok to turn the ignition off while the Start-Stop system is engaged?

I've read about the idling rule to ensure the longevity of turbo engines. So what I do at the end of my drives is leave the car in neutral for a while after parking. Once I do that and let go of the clutch, the Start-Stop system turns off the engine. My question is: Is it ok to just turn off the ignition at this point? Or is it better to press the clutch, let the Start-Stop system disengage and then switch off the ignition?

Most Viewed