Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2023, 15:41   #1756
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Taigun Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGearBox View Post
Bumping a related query of mine...I've read about the idling rule to ensure the longevity of turbo engines. ....Is it ok to just turn off the ignition at this point? Or is it better to press the clutch, let the Start-Stop system disengage and then switch off the ignition?
The short answer is - It Depends.

If you have driven the car hard and the Idle Stop Start System (ISSS) kicks in, you should turn off the ISSS and idle the engine for 1 to 2 minutes before switching the car off.

Conversely if you have done city driving where your turbo barely gets a chance to spool up and become really hot, you can switch off the vehicle immediately and you don't need to deactivate the ISSS before doing so.
Old 15th February 2023, 13:33   #1757

anyone know what is the latest ECU update version for Taigun 1.0 AT ? i dont think the service center is doing update unless you ask them to.
Old 20th February 2023, 16:45   #1758
BHPian

I was enquiring about the Taigun 1.5 GT manual vaiant and the SA told me they have instructions from VW to not accept bookings for MY 2023 cars. All he can offer are the MY2022 stock they already have.

Is VW really going to kill the Taigun 1.5 MT GT variant?

I will not surprised if this is true as the Virtus already offers the 1.5 TSI EVO with DSG transmission only, but I just want to confirm.

Has anyone else received the same feedback?
Old 20th February 2023, 20:01   #1759

Hi,

I own a Taigun 1.5 DSG Dec2021 model in Bangalore.
After a year of pleasant driving experience, I started getting below sporadic errors
1. While coming to a halt in my parking, I put in Parking and the console showed
"Error: Please put gear lever in P mode". Due to the error, I was not able to either lock the car or start the car. After half an hour, the error went away. I was in Mangalore at the time on a short trip and I immediately went to the Service centre. The guys found some errors in Diagnostic tool and they did a reset of mechatronics unit. All the sporadic errors went away. I didn't know whether it would have helped or not but as per their assurance, I continued my trip and came back to Bangalore.

2. After a month of above experience, last week a series of errors came up on the console while I was driving. "Error: ESC failure", "Error: Transmission, Keep driving in D mode until the engine is off". The errors flashed twice and then went away. The ESC error came while I was taking the turn on Electronics City expressway. The Transmission error came while I was coming down the ramp from expressway.

I gave my car to Service centre on 17th Feb and waited for their response. Then SA told me that they encountered the same error (Point 2 above) while testing.
Today SA told me that the battery is weak and the issues happened due to it. They have fully charged it and problem is solved.
Now do I really believe the SA explanation? My car is driven almost daily and still weak battery? Most importantly, are the errors related to battery at all? I am not able to find their explanation satisfactory.

Help me out guys with your opinions.
Old 21st February 2023, 19:16   #1760

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romeo_Mike View Post
I was enquiring about the Taigun 1.5 GT manual vaiant and the SA told me they have instructions from VW to not accept bookings for MY 2023 cars. All he can offer are the MY2022 stock they already have.

I will not surprised if this is true as the Virtus already offers the 1.5 TSI EVO with DSG transmission only, but I just want to confirm.

I too received the same reply from my dealer here in Bangalore. I started enquiring about the Taigun GT manual variant in December last year. At that time, what they offered me was a January 2022 manufactured model which they had lying in their stockyard. Since it was quite old, I was not interested. I asked them for a recently manufactured vehicle, which I could not get. The sales guy mentioned that I need to wait till January 2023 end, when manufacturing will commence again, and then there is a probability of getting it.

He contacted me last week saying that, VW is planning to stop the manufacturing of the GT 1.5 manual variant. It is not yet officially announced by VW, as multiple dealers have still unsold 2022 vehicles. After which, most probably company will announce it. This is what the sales guy mentioned. However, I am still skeptical about this, as they may be saying this just to get the vehicles sold. So I have decided to wait further, as of now . Request other members, if anyone has any info on this, please post.
deepakr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2023, 20:47   #1761
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakr View Post
At that time, what they offered me was a January 2022 manufactured model which they had lying in their stockyard.
Funny exactly the same case here, only 3 days ago. The SA said only one of those Jan 2022 manufactured GT manuals remains in their stock now.

He was somehow hopeful I might consider it and was quite unabashed about admitting it when I asked "doesn't it sell at all?"
Old 22nd February 2023, 05:53   #1762
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensibledriver View Post
Hi,

Today SA told me that the battery is weak and the issues happened due to it. They have fully charged it and problem is solved.
Now do I really believe the SA explanation? My car is driven almost daily and still weak battery? Most importantly, are the errors related to battery at all? I am not able to find their explanation satisfactory.

Help me out guys with your opinions.
Well that’s interesting. Would suggest you download and use the VW connect application. It has a battery voltage read out so you can check if it’s a voltage related issue which might be the reason the errors are popping up. Other than that there is no way to understand why this might be happening unless we have a scan tool.
Old 24th February 2023, 09:55   #1763

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreak View Post
Well that’s interesting. Would suggest you download and use the VW connect application. It has a battery voltage read out so you can check if it’s a voltage related issue which might be the reason the errors are popping up. Other than that there is no way to understand why this might be happening unless we have a scan tool.
Thanks for the advise. I did that and found battery voltage to be 12.7

An update: I took my car back yesterday after SA's assurance. Within half an hour the errors popped up on the console. They are sporadic but thinking if the car stops in the middle of the road, scares me.

And it happened eventually today morning on the way to work. The car stopped showing me "Error: Transmission. Keep driving in D mode until the engine is off". I turned the car off for a minute and started. No errors and I drove the car home.

Tomorrow morning I am again taking the vehicle to SC. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Last edited by Rehaan : 24th February 2023 at 10:59. Reason: Adding some paragraph spaces :)
Old 26th February 2023, 13:19   #1764

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romeo_Mike View Post

I checked with my dealer regarding this. He says they are only reducing the production of 1.5 GT MT as opposed to completely stopping it. Not sure what to believe. Fact is, it is selling very few units a quarter. I wouldn't be surprised if VW discontinued it. IMHO, They might pull the plug and may be introduce a GT MT with sunroof and digital cockpit towards the year end similar to Kushaq 1.5 manual.
Petronius is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2023, 10:49   #1765
Senior - BHPian

Volkswagen Taigun GT Plus gets ventilated front seat option

Volkswagen is now offering ventilated front seats on the Taigun. This feature is available on the top-spec 'GT Plus' trim for a premium of Rs 25,000.

Volkswagen Taigun Review-2021vwtaigun01-6.jpg

Besides ventilated seats, the Taigun GT Plus variant also comes equipped with a 10-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, a digital instrument cluster, wireless charging and an electric sunroof.

The top-spec Taigun is powered by a 1.5-litre turbo-petrol engine that comes with idle start/stop tech. It develops 148 BHP and 250 Nm and is paired with a 7-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission.

Earlier, ventilated front seats were offered on the Topline trim. That being said, it is an optional feature on the top-spec GT Plus variant.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 1st March 2023 at 10:53.
TusharK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st March 2023, 12:58   #1766
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Any possible way to get this from VW for the guys who have GT Plus without the ventilated seats?
omranga98 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st March 2023, 13:08   #1767
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
This should have been standard from day 1. Considering the weak AC of VW cars, all the more reason to have it from day 1.
Old 1st March 2023, 17:58   #1768
BHPian

I had taken my Taigun to a reputed Tyre shop which also does alignment/balancing etc. They helped to "almost" remove the left drag of the car and now the car runs straight when the steering wheel is "visually" aligned to keep the car straight.

However, the technicians made an interesting comment. They said in Taigun, 2 of the Toe, Camber and Caster parameters are fixed and can't be changed. I don't remember as to what was the variable parameter, but is there any truth to the statement?
asmr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st March 2023, 20:14   #1769

Ventilated seats on GT Plus variant was launched in December 2022 itself and has been available on official website since then. Not sure why is the news published now ?
designatedriver is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2023, 09:55   #1770
BHPian

If you live in a city like Mumbai this feature is worth every paisa of the 25,000. What is more important is to figure out if VW will offer this feature to existing owners or if in someway the retrofits for this will hit the market, it will definitely be a smash hit.

Hopefully though, VW India doesn't make this a habit to add an 'options list' to skimp out on providing features in the top-trim models from the get-go. Still a positive news!

Most Viewed