Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2023, 12:37   #1801
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Taigun Review

Could any Taigun 1.5 GT DSG owners share their experience on mileage please so I have some concrete data when I go to service center?

On a recent mileage test where I drove about 30 km at 80 kmph, I got 19.5

Last edited by thirdmainroad : 26th March 2023 at 13:04.
Old 26th March 2023, 17:55   #1802

Booked VW Taigun 1.0L TSI MT Topline....Waiting for the delivery

Hi,
I just booked a Taigun 1.0L TSI MT Topline with the VW dealer in Mysore.
The Delivery is expected on 31st March. It is an upgrade from Ford Figo 1.4L Duratorq Diesel which is a 2012 model. Two of its injectors were failed and had to be replaced. Cranking motor also developed some snags. The ODO clocked 91K. But I still love that car. It's a fun to drive car still. I still use it for my office commute in Mysore and once in a month trip to my home in Calicut, Kerala through the Bandipur, Nagarhole, Muthumalai sanctuary stretch and Thamarassery ghat sections....The upgrade was necessary because of the growing safety concerns. I will share my VW purchase experience with felow TPHPians as I too have benefitted a lot from this website with the forum discussions. Thanks.
bijumgopal is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th March 2023, 20:50   #1803
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdmainroad View Post
In the city, I get between 7.5 -9 KMPL, On the highway, when I drive fast, I am getting 12-13 KMPL

On "mileage tests" where I drive sedately over 50 or 100 km, speed under 80-90 KMPH, I am getting 15-16 KMPL.

Thanks for your time!!
On a 1.5L version, those numbers do seems to be slightly on the lower side. How is your driving style? I know for sure that my 1.0L is a "thirsty" engine. In the city with calm driving (no sudden speed up, braking or unnecessary revving), I get approximately 10Kmpl.

On the highways, depending on driving style, it varies from 12-16Kmpl. Note that these are tank full to tank full numbers which means it is a mix of highways and (mostly heavy) city traffic.

Quote:
Could any Taigun 1.5 GT DSG owners share their experience on mileage please so I have some concrete data when I go to service center?

Was this 19.5Kmpl reading on the MID or based on a tank full to tank full method? The MID read out is more of mileage estimated as of that point in time and is error prone, in my experience.

The tank full to tank full method is more accurate over a period of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhu7944 View Post
I have done 16k with 1.0 AT. Am getting avg of 10 in city and minimum of 16 on highway... 90% of fueling is done from IOC coco or reputed bunks.
That sounds about right. I have done 10200Kms till now and I see pretty much similar numbers. I have tried out different petrol varieties but have come to the decision that XP95 from a reliable outlet is the best option.

This was a good trigger for me to record my mileage update on my thread (VW Taigun 1.0L Topline AT | Ownership Review).

Last edited by asmr : 27th March 2023 at 21:11. Reason: To avoid multiple quotes and also to add a graph
Old 27th March 2023, 21:55   #1804

Re: Booked VW Taigun 1.0L TSI MT Topline....Waiting for the delivery

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijumgopal View Post
Hi,
I just booked a Taigun 1.0L TSI MT Topline with the VW dealer in Mysore.
The Delivery is expected on 31st March. It is an upgrade from Ford Figo 1.4L Duratorq Diesel which is a 2012 model. Two of its injectors were failed and had to be replaced. Cranking motor also developed some snags. The ODO clocked 91K. But I still love that car. It's a fun to drive car still. I still use it for my office commute in Mysore and once in a month trip to my home in Calicut, Kerala through the Bandipur, Nagarhole, Muthumalai sanctuary stretch and Thamarassery ghat sections....The upgrade was necessary because of the growing safety concerns. I will share my VW purchase experience with felow TPHPians as I too have benefitted a lot from this website with the forum discussions. Thanks.
I received this VIN Number for my booked vehicle MEXK22CW4PT000369.
Could anyone help me in decoding this. Should I transfer the full amount before PDI? What to do if the showroom insist for payment before PDI and invoicing?
Old 27th March 2023, 22:21   #1805
BHPian

Quote:
Could anyone help me in decoding this. Should I transfer the full amount before PDI? What to do if the showroom insist for payment before PDI and invoicing?
Suggest you check the below link:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buyin...cture-vin.html (ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN))
Old 27th March 2023, 22:23   #1806
BHPian

Quote:
This is a November 2022 manufactured vehicle. K for November, 22 is the year. They will call this Model year 23 vehicle as it is manufactured after September 2022.
mtnrajdeep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2023, 22:24   #1807
BHPian

Quote:
You car is from October 2022, the purpose of the PDI is to verify that everything is okay with the vehicle. Only then you are supposed to proceed with the payment and the invoicing. Once you pay the dealer and the car is invoiced to your name, there's nothing much you can do.
yesyeswe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2023, 00:20   #1808
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
This is a November 2022 manufactured vehicle. K for November, 22 is the year. They will call this Model year 23 vehicle as it is manufactured after September 2022.
Pardon my ignorance but what is model year 23? Looks like a foreign terminology. If it's manufactured in 2022, it is 2022 model for us Indians for all practical purpose, isn't it? For eg. on RC records, during resale etc.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 28th March 2023 at 00:46.
Old 28th March 2023, 09:55   #1809
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive.helios View Post
Took Helios to the 7500 campaign / check up today to Phoenix VW, Kannur Kerala and came back disappointed. They have the new software update but not the tools to connect to the car. Apparently they don't do it using OBD.
Got this one done last week from Bengaluru. VW sent out a message about the update being available. Don't see a considerable improvement yet. Due for a 1K km long drive this coming weekend and should be able to take notice if any.

Quote:
Next up : get in touch with drcodemyvw again and get the few tweaks done, possibly a 400x2 kms drive in 2 weeks to kochi and back.
Still pending.
Old 28th March 2023, 10:52   #1810
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
Pardon my ignorance but what is model year 23? Looks like a foreign terminology. If it's manufactured in 2022, it is 2022 model for us Indians for all practical purpose, isn't it? For eg. on RC records, during resale etc.
True, but international manufacturers like VW follow the Model Year nomenclature and sales persons use this freely to convince buyers

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Model_year
Old 28th March 2023, 14:42   #1811
BHPian

Quote:

My Taigun GT+ has completed 4k kms, I'm getting anywhere between 9-12 kmpl in heavy rush-hour Bangalore traffic. Light traffic and feather foot has given me 12-13+ kmpl in city traffic too. To get the best figures, 95 octane is recommended, I get lower numbers using 91 RON fuel. Ofcourse, shorter trips mean high fuel consumption. All numbers mentioned here are with 100% AC set at 21-22°C with 2 adults (including me as driver) and 1 toddler.

In highway, depending on my speeds, I have seen anything between 13 (heavy foot, high speeds, 91RON) to 20 (cruise control set at 80-90, low traffic and 95 RON).

It is quite easy to get a decent FE figure, you need to get a feel for the engine and will be able to modulate the throttle to get the ACT kick in. However, just like most petrol turbos, high RPMs mean lower numbers. DSG is quite quick to upshift and the bucket loads of torque help quite a lot too
Grease_Monkey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2023, 08:25   #1812
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Taigun 1.5 GT DSG 2.5 months 7500 KM review

Quote:
A friend of mine who is in the automobile industry also suggested that I get a VW Vs a a Skoda for after sales.
+1 on this. My friend bought the Kushaq 1.0 MT style variant just a couple of months after I bought my Taigun 1.0 MT topline after being the passenger in the airport run we did from Mysore for pick him up from KIAL. The reason he chose Kushaq over Taigun was because himself and his family liked the exterior and interior design of the Skoda more than the VW.
We did a cost comparison of the 15k km service. At VW it costed Rs. 6700 for me, for him Skoda charged Rs. 13000. This came as a shock when it was the engine oil that was more expensive at Skoda, don’t both cars get the same engine oil?
My 30k km service costed Rs. 13500 - along with the engine oil change, one major addition was changing of the brake pads which was Rs. 6500 including labour. He is yet to get the 30k service done.
In a couple of months I’ll be getting the 45k service done, will post the cost soon.
Osteon206 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2023, 11:38   #1813
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grease_Monkey View Post
My Taigun GT+ has completed 4k kms, I'm getting anywhere between 9-12 kmpl in heavy rush-hour Bangalore traffic. Light traffic and feather foot has given me 12-13+ kmpl in city traffic too. To get the best figures, 95 octane is recommended, I get lower numbers using 91 RON fuel. Ofcourse, shorter trips mean high fuel consumption. All numbers mentioned here are with 100% AC set at 21-22°C with 2 adults (including me as driver) and 1 toddler.

In highway, depending on my speeds, I have seen anything between 13 (heavy foot, high speeds, 91RON) to 20 (cruise control set at 80-90, low traffic and 95 RON).
This is about right for me as well. Agree with you 100%. I have completed just over 10,000 kms and so far have filled only 91 octane.
Old 2nd April 2023, 21:50   #1814
BHPian

Quote:
Got this one done last week from Bengaluru. VW sent out a message about the update being available. Don't see a considerable improvement yet. Due for a 1K km long drive this coming weekend and should be able to take notice if any.
Was on the road today for 9 hours from 8:30 AM and I'm convinced that whatever software update that came for the AC is of no good. Infact, I'm convinced that for Taigun it's more of an air cooler and not an air con. The cabin never cooled enough. The AC vents sure blew out cold air as long as they were on. I'll possibly end up breaking a silly law that shouldn't have been there ideally by installing tints on all 6 windows. I've been considering this for a while and today's experience is just the deciding call.

Curious to know from others who got the AC update, have you tried taking the car out in the noon for a highway ride? How does the AC delivery?

On the other side, still a fun car to drive. Did the Bengaluru mysuru highway today and handled it very well. Should have got the 1.5 DSG
Old 10th April 2023, 13:14   #1815
BHPian

I have no AC issues whatsoever. I am in Chennai, spending most of my days on the Highway and its burning hot outside. But I did get the best heat resistant sunfilms installed on all windows. Cars cant handle our weather without high grade sunfilms!

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...s-chennai.html (Why I spent Rs 40,000 on Sunfilm at Speedfreaks, Chennai)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newtown View Post
This is about right for me as well. Agree with you 100%. I have completed just over 10,000 kms and so far have filled only 91 octane.

There is a HUGE and VERY perceptible difference in power as well as mileage between 91 and 95 octane. I am very surprised that a "mere" 4 octane increase gives such a big difference. Power is easily 15 -20% more 95 octane.

Last edited by thirdmainroad : 10th April 2023 at 13:19.
thirdmainroad is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks