Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
  Search this Thread
2,779,243 views
Old 13th January 2024, 23:12   #2086
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2023
Location: KA01/KL13
Posts: 91
Thanked: 137 Times
Re: Volkswagen Taigun Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atharva14 View Post
Yeah, about to do that as well! Just not finding enough time for it. Also wrapping the alloy wheels, it has only been a month now plus not sure how it will hold in the rains. Also wrapping was just because I could get back the original looks or modify it otherwise whenever needed. If you are sure about black alloys, you can definitely prefer painting.
Makes sense. I got the chrome bits painted a few months back. Might as well paint the alloys
drive.helios is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2024, 08:54   #2087
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 4
Thanked: 0 Times
Re: Volkswagen Taigun Review

Request anyone to post a screenshot of their ICE software latest version.

Thanks.

Last edited by Axe77 : 23rd January 2024 at 04:09. Reason: Poorly typed post. Please review the forum rules before proceeding.
dreamBHP is offline  
Old 14th January 2024, 21:01   #2088
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: Tirunelveli
Posts: 11
Thanked: 17 Times
Re: Volkswagen Taigun Review

Is anyone facing AC issues on Nov 2023 Taigun GT? Took delivery of my 1.5 GT TSI last month. My AC stopped cooling after 2 weeks of running.

The car has been checked at VW and there is nothing to suggest rat bite. Was told AC gas was low. Filled gas after checking for any leaks and returned. The problem recurred in 24 hrs. What could be the issue? Any similar complaints in new cars?

Last edited by Axe77 : 23rd January 2024 at 04:12. Reason: Poorly typed post. Please review the forum rules before proceeding. Thank you.
drpras is offline  
Old 18th January 2024, 19:51   #2089
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 64
Thanked: 127 Times
Re: Volkswagen Taigun Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpras View Post
Is anyone facing ac issues on Nov 2023 taigun gt. Took delivery of my 1.5gt tsi last month. My ac stopped cooling after 2 weeks of running . The car been checked at vw -nothing to suggest rat bite , was told ac gas was low -filled gas after checking for any leaks and returned . The problem recurred in 24 hrs. What could be the issue ? Any similar complaints in new cars ?
I had a similar issue with my polo in 2015. AC stopped working in a month after delivery. In my case it was a extremely dirty AC filter (Either due to my parking being open in an extremely dusty neighborhood, or a defective factory fitted AC filter). Post replacement, the AC cooling issue was fixed for good. You could check the same.

My Taigun GT (May 2022) hasnt had any such issues.

Cheers.
Tanu3000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2024, 10:58   #2090
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: Tirunelveli
Posts: 11
Thanked: 17 Times
Re: Volkswagen Taigun Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanu3000 View Post
I had a similar issue with my polo in 2015. AC stopped working in a month after delivery. In my case it was a extremely dirty AC filter (Either due to my parking being open in an extremely dusty neighborhood, or a defective factory fitted AC filter). Post replacement, the AC cooling issue was fixed for good. You could check the same.

My Taigun GT (May 2022) hasnt had any such issues.

Cheers.
Thanks. After extensive checking, I have been informed by the service center that the issue is related to a leak in the cooling coil hose (after the car spending 48 hrs at the center). They have offered to replace it but can source parts only after 3 days, as this is a new occurrence for Taigun, which means the vehicle stays there until then.

I have written to VW asking for more clarity and quick redressal of the complaint, and they have also been communicating with my service center, from what I was told.

Anyways, I have no choice but to stay put and hope this is a one time thing. So much for choosing VW over other cheaper alternatives

Last edited by Axe77 : 23rd January 2024 at 04:16. Reason: Poorly typed post. Cleaning up.
drpras is offline  
Old 22nd January 2024, 22:22   #2091
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2023
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 14
Thanked: 4 Times
Re: Volkswagen Taigun Review

Found this glass chip on my new Taigunís window. It came like this, I discovered it today. Itís the third day of car.

Sent the picture to SA. Waiting for response.

What kind of resolution to expect or what to request them for? I would like the glass to be replaced. So disappointed to to find this. I dis check up on things on delivery day, this was missed.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Taigun Review-2cd194ca313f4ccd866623aa0accf46c.jpeg  

theoldcamper is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2024, 01:16   #2092
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2023
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 31
Thanked: 37 Times
Re: Volkswagen Taigun Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoldcamper View Post
Found this glass chip on my new Taigunís window. It came like this, I discovered it today. Itís the third day of car.

Sent the picture to SA. Waiting for response.

What kind of resolution to expect or what to request them for? I would like the glass to be replaced. So disappointed to to find this. I dis check up on things on delivery day, this was missed.
Looking at the chip and general Service Center behavior, the SA in all probability will ask you to claim insurance and replace the glass.
car_aficianado is offline  
Old 26th January 2024, 09:56   #2093
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2023
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 5
Thanked: 0 Times
Re: Volkswagen Taigun Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpras View Post
Got my Taigun GT plus delivered yesterday. Found a strange noise during acceleration and noticed the Cerence dongle to be oscillating and making a strange noise. (Pic attached).

Anyone else had the issue? I found it to have a double side glue stuck to it (which was dried up). Is there any other slot for the dongle that I am missing?

Attachment 2548484
I had asked service centre guys to fix it. Its been fixed in my Virtus
vw_fanbwoy is offline  
Old 26th January 2024, 12:22   #2094
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: Tirunelveli
Posts: 11
Thanked: 17 Times
Re: Volkswagen Taigun Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpras View Post
Thanks. After extensive checking, I have been informed by the service center that the issue is related to a leak in the cooling coil hose (after the car spending 48 hrs at the center). They have offered to replace it but can source parts only after 3 days, as this is a new occurrence for Taigun, which means the vehicle stays there until then.

I have written to VW asking for more clarity and quick redressal of the complaint, and they have also been communicating with my service center, from what I was told.

Anyways, I have no choice but to stay put and hope this is a one time thing. So much for choosing VW over other cheaper alternatives
Update on the above issue.
The entire cooling coil hose system had to be replaced (as per the SA). The parts took 3 days to arrive .
The car is yet to be delivered to me. Since they had to dismantle the dash and steering setup , the new excuse now is they need time to update the programme and software which they are unable to do due to server issues. It has been more than week now that my vehicle has been in service. I have written multiple mails to VW only to be met with automated responses. The dealer now promised me delivery of vehicle tomorrow (27/1/24). I have no choice but to wait.
I wanted to know the members opinion - Do i have solid grounds to proceed legally and demand a compensation or replacement of vehicle ?
(since it is hardly a month old -350km on ODO)..
drpras is offline  
Old 1st February 2024, 13:13   #2095
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1
Thanked: 0 Times
Re: Volkswagen Taigun Review

What VW app are you guys using? I believe the VW Connect Plus app is not available on the Play Store anymore.
spiritual_salad is offline  
Old 8th February 2024, 17:05   #2096
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2023
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 9
Thanked: 7 Times
Re: Volkswagen Taigun Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritual_salad View Post
What VW app are you guys using? I believe the VW Connect Plus app is not available on the Play Store anymore.
It's back on the play store now. I also could not use the app on my android device and the showroom guys were clueless as to why it's not there on the play store. Had to use my wife's iPhone to track the car stats.
0raZe0 is offline  
Old 13th February 2024, 10:45   #2097
SR7
BHPian
 
SR7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Chennai
Posts: 83
Thanked: 188 Times
Re: Volkswagen Taigun Review

So I have finalized a White Taigun GT Plus DSG ES (MYí24-VINí23) and have pushed for nearly a couple of weeks to get max discounts - final price offered for car is ~22.85L OTR. With added extended warranty, SVP & accessories, the gross total is working out to 23.55L OTR. DOA devise of this a good price as it is one of their few models left in white in the MYí23-VINí24 category.

I want to do a PDI of the car before processing the bank loan & making balance payment by bank trf.

Iíve got the T-bhp checklist ready and since it had been a while since we purchased our last car, Iím a bit out of touch

This gets ventilated & electric seats for both front passengers, and amplifier & sub-woofer also.

Can the Taigun community let me know whatís specifically I should look for in a Taigun during the PDI? Any software update issues that I should sort out before delivery due to updated features? Since it is discounted, donít want any nasty surprises later on.

Additionally, will be getting a fancy number, so i require the car chassis # & VIN to get the necessary allotment from the Road Transport Authority, so would be a tedious process to swap the car later on.

Kindly help me peeps
SR7 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2024, 21:17   #2098
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Location: Chennai
Posts: 102
Thanked: 109 Times
Re: Volkswagen Taigun Review

Folks Does hardwiring of dashcam void warranty of the car? Pls guide
prabhu7944 is offline  
Old 16th February 2024, 01:43   #2099
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2022
Location: Chennai
Posts: 68
Thanked: 241 Times
Re: Volkswagen Taigun Review

Am experiencing a kind of whistling sound from my engine bay, and the sound seems to be predominant when the aircon is running, turning it off cuts off the sound, but when you press the gas pedal it reappears. Has anyone else faced similar issue?

I had given it to the SC, who immediately on the mention of the sound labelled it as common noise from the wheels and changed his story when i told him the noise is there even when the vehicle is stationary and that then shifted changed his story to its the oil pumps pushing oil and i asked him how long that lasts he told me that it was 8-10 seconds, told him again the whistling sound is there all the time more predominant when the A/C is running. Literally had to plead to get them to check the noise.

So now they told me that they have a slew of vehicles and it would take them 2 days, i was ok with it since i needed the car only the following week for a trip. Initially they told me that the actuator had water in it and asked me if I had driven the car in water, I told them no since the Vehicle was in Kerala since sept and all through the Chennai floods , it was brought back to Chennai only at the end of December.

Finally after repeated follow-ups they told me that they found the issue and it was from the turbo and they have arrested the noise, got the car delivered on the previous night of my journey, only to find the noise still there, lower than earlier but still present.

We needed the car so took it drove it to Bangalore and back with no issues or warnings other than the whistling sound, let the SC know that the issue wasn't fixed and I would send the car back once I return to Chennai.

If any of you have face this issue your insight could help me ask the SC to check the relevant parts, as the SC seems to be clueless on how to fix the issue.
al90 is offline  
Old 16th February 2024, 07:58   #2100
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Chennai
Posts: 403
Thanked: 254 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: Volkswagen Taigun Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR7 View Post
So I have finalized a White Taigun GT Plus DSG ES (MYí24-VINí23) and have pushed for nearly a couple of weeks to get max discounts - final price offered for car is ~22.85L OTR. With added extended warranty, SVP & accessories, the gross total is working out to 23.55L OTR. DOA devise of this a good price as it is one of their few models left in white in the MYí23-VINí24 category.

I want to do a PDI of the car before processing the bank loan & making balance payment by bank trf.

Iíve got the T-bhp checklist ready and since it had been a while since we purchased our last car, Iím a bit out of touch

This gets ventilated & electric seats for both front passengers, and amplifier & sub-woofer also.

Can the Taigun community let me know whatís specifically I should look for in a Taigun during the PDI? Any software update issues that I should sort out before delivery due to updated features? Since it is discounted, donít want any nasty surprises later on.

Additionally, will be getting a fancy number, so i require the car chassis # & VIN to get the necessary allotment from the Road Transport Authority, so would be a tedious process to swap the car later on.

Kindly help me peeps
Which dealer are you discussing with SR7 ? I am in the midst of discussion as well and looking to pick one via lease and not getting much discount
bharanidharang is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks