Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2021, 19:09   #406
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Taigun Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ02 View Post
The other thing I asked was regarding the EPC error and he said for the Taigun this has been taken care from the first day of production.

Attaching some pictures from the event which might be useful:
Boot space in the Taigun

Attachment 2205914
Seriously what does it mean? Oh boy, did he just throw Zac under the bus . Skoda if you are reading this, it means your cars weren’t taken care of during production from the same plant.

In all honesty, I don’t believe they have cracked the issue yet. It would be good if Mr Ashish would have said I will replace your car if you encounter EPC issue. That’s what I would like to hear.

These suitcases disappeared from the event during the second half of the event. Thanks for sharing the pictures. This one was absolutely helpful to get a perspective on how much it can gobble up.

Last edited by GTO : 15th September 2021 at 07:40. Reason: Poorly Typed Posts
Old 12th September 2021, 19:29   #407
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GautamJ View Post
1. 205/55 R17 GoodYear TripleMax tyres! Odd size with no other brand available and GoodYears are known for tyre bursts.
Very odd size indeed.

A good upgrade would be the Michelin Primacy4, 215/55 R17. This will change the ride height of the car by about 5.5mm which is well within acceptable limits. The extra 1 cm contact patch will make the car dynamics even better
Newtown is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2021, 21:06   #408
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newtown View Post
Very odd size indeed.

A good upgrade would be the Michelin Primacy4, 215/55 R17. This will change the ride height of the car by about 5.5mm which is well within acceptable limits. The extra 1 cm contact patch will make the car dynamics even better
Not so simple.

During the initial media previews, Skoda-VW had claimed that this platform cannot take wider tyres and hence they were limited to 205/55 17 spec. You can find this repeated in a couple of Youtube videos.

May need to recheck if the 215 tyres are touching the sidewall during lock to lock turns.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th September 2021, 21:16   #409
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Not so simple.

During the initial media previews, Skoda-VW had claimed that this platform cannot take wider tyres and hence they were limited to 205/55 17 spec. You can find this repeated in a couple of Youtube videos.

May need to recheck if the 215 tyres are touching the sidewall during lock to lock turns.
Width of the Taigun being equal to the UK T-Cross, the top end SEL version has a wheel specification of 215/45 R18. Maybe the week itself won't take the additional 10 mm. But as you mentioned, yes has to be checked.
Old 13th September 2021, 11:27   #410

Quote:
Carbon steel grey color which has come in flesh for the first time. (Apologies for not getting a clear picture).
Thanks for the pictures. I have booked the Carbon Steel Grey, and I am very much interested in what colors the interiors come in.

As per the VW website's 360 view, it's red dash linings with the Carbon Steel grey, but as the picture was not clearly showing the interiors, could you please tell us the exact interior color?
Old 13th September 2021, 11:49   #411
BHPian

Apparently Taigun has more than 9000 bookings all across India even before price reveal.

Old 13th September 2021, 11:51   #412
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivingaddict07 View Post
Thanks for the pictures. I have booked the Carbon Steel Grey, and I am very much interested in what colors the interiors come in.

As per the VW website's 360 view, it's red dash linings with the Carbon Steel grey, but as the picture was not clearly showing the interiors, could you please tell us the exact interior color?
This was 1.0 TSI but as far as I know it will be non red. That is just their website issue.
Old 13th September 2021, 13:32   #413
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Attaching some pictures from the event which might be useful:
Boot space in the Taigun
Awesome!
Thanks for capturing and sharing what is an excellent demonstration of real boot capacity (while I would never travel with 4 stroller bags on a road trip, rather have multiple soft duffels)

Loaded to within legal height with a smart, colourful set of bags
GeeTee TSI is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2021, 14:13   #414
BHPian

Quote:
Apparently Taigun has more than 9000 bookings all across India even before price reveal.
Most of the big dealerships have been given stiff target of 900-1000 bookings before price reveal. There is so much pressure that current bookings are being accepted for as less as 1000 rs/- .

Looks like more of marketing push. We have received so many XXXXX bookings to project it is a success well before the price reveal. Year end the marketing executives at Volkswagen would be able to put this as a brownie point. Might be also the heat of XUV 700 already felt at the higher level.

I am for one keeping existing bookings and see how this plays out between Volkswagen Taigun vs Mahindra XUV700 vs MG Astor.

Post 23 September and October 2nd will be good if Volkswagen will release number of cancellations request received
Old 13th September 2021, 15:54   #415
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CircleOfLife View Post
Seriously what does it mean? Oh boy did he just threw zac under the bus . Skoda if you are reading this it means your cars weren’t taken care during production from the same plant.

In all honesty I don’t believe they have cracked the issue yet. It would be good if Mr Ashish would have said I will replace your car if you encounter EPC issue. That’s what I would like to hear.

These suitcases disappeared from the event during second half of the event. Thanks for sharing the pictures. This one was absolutely helpful to get a perspective on how much it can gobble up.

They definitely haven't cracked it yet. VW dealers claim that they have, but without acknowledging/ explaining the issue in the first place. As many senior BHPians have pointed out, it is likely the Taigun could also face similar issues and hence it is better to wait and watch for a few months.

I cancelled the Kushaq booking earlier today. Even after multiple issues cropping up, Gurudev Skoda kept telling me that the issue is noticed only in states which have harsh winter and never for the 1.5! No answer when pointed out that it wasn't factually right, so I had to decide for myself.
shekar.ca is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2021, 16:39   #416
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shekar.ca View Post
As many senior BHPians have pointed out, it is likely the Taigun could also face similar issues and hence it is better to wait and watch for a few months
I really think VW won't take the risk of initiating deliveries of Taigun without fixing these EPC issues. Doesn't make any sense as Kushaq issues have already raised questions about VW's project 2.0. There is a lot of pressure of "competive pricing" as well due to XUV700 and Astor. Considering all this, VW will think 10 times before taking the jump.( Delivering Taiguns without the EPC fix)
RD150 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2021, 16:44   #417
BHPian

Quote:

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=OHr81H2dn04
9000 bookings for Taigun looks good atleast on paper given the number of EPC issues being reported on Skoda 1L TSI variant. VW has got the late mover advantage here over the Kushaq and hopefully they would deliver cars with the issue fixed.
I don't see the car doing 5000 sales number as expected but it can certainly do 3500 a month if the EPC issues are fixed before customer delivery. It has good proportions coupled with one of the best segment dynamics and comparatively lesser waiting period (important factor).
Old 13th September 2021, 19:09   #418
BHPian

Quote:
9000 bookings for Taigun looks good atleast on paper given the number of EPC
The dealers are offering bookings for as low as 5000 (got a call from VW Safdarjung), which is why the number of bookings might be so high. A lot of them might eventually get cancelled owing to XUV700/Astor/Premium positioning (or whatever new term Mr. Ashish comes up with )
Old 13th September 2021, 22:10   #419
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklitex View Post
The dealers are offering bookings for as low as 5000 (got a call from VW Safdarjung), which is why the number of bookings might be so high. A lot of them might eventually get cancelled owing to XUV700/Astor/Premium positioning (or whatever new term Mr. Ashish comes up with )
Agree on the point that XUV 700 pricing along with Astor launch would have good impact on potential Taigun buyers but all will translate to those cars is also not true. Not everyone has the luxury to drive bigger footprint car like XUV 700 in our traffic jams, some like mid-size fun to drive crossovers where Taigun would pitch in.

For Astor, let's wait for the drive reviews and the initial impressions to come in, it sure looks premium and feature loaded but how well it is to drive is to be seen. The more powerful 1.3 Turbo coming won't have any manual which is again a downer when it comes to enthusiasts who like taking the control themselves. So Taigun would still have customers like the 10 year old Polo gets if they deliver cars with issues sorted out.
Old 14th September 2021, 11:34   #420

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Not so simple.

I am using Michelin 215/55/17 on my kushaq from day 1 without any problems related to tyres. So it will work on taigun too as both are the same cars mechanically.
Rahul9229 is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks