Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2021, 10:41   #646
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Taigun Review

If you have seen the MD's interview. He says he is content with 3% marketshare, but that 3% must stand for the very best products and service from VW. Customers must experience that 'premiumness'. They're OK with the number
Quote:
Originally Posted by VRSriram View Post
Company which wants 10% market share and which committed strategic blunder already by not bringing the diesel is beset now with such quality issues along with EPC (for now it is Skoda). This is not VW to say the least. They have managed to kill the solidity. 'Managed' because it was not possible to kill the solidity of VW earlier
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2021, 10:49   #647
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
If you have seen the MD's interview. He says he is content with 3% marketshare, but that 3% must stand for the very best products and service from VW. Customers must experience that 'premiumness'. They're OK with the number
Referring to this article/link.
"Volkswagen India on Thursday said it is targeting around 10 per cent market share of the mid-size sports utility vehicle (SUV) market by next year"

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.the...31448.ece/amp/
VRSriram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2021, 11:05   #648
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
The Taigun Vs. Kushaq confusion?

Attachment 2211548

Attachment 2211549
What extra stuff does one get in kushaq Style 1.5 MT when compared to taigun GT 1.5 MT for the extra 1.2L?

Would there be any misses as well?
Old 25th September 2021, 11:25   #649

First I visited VW showroom in Bhikaji cama place Delhi. They had white and yellow colour Taigun cars. Both cars carried grey+silver interior color.

Since I had booked Carbon steel grey colour for 1.5 Dsg. Hence had to visit Gurgaon to check grey model of DSG 1.5L.

Final nail in my VW buy plans... All 1.5 DSG versions are blessed with an interior with Red + grey.

Red color would get you specific set of customers only.

No me. Bye bye VW
yadavsunil is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th September 2021, 11:33   #650
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
For example look at the spare-wheel footwell of the showroom display model and the one in our review. No paint there now. So changes have been made.
This is poor ethics from Skoda-VAG.

While most brands cut features post launch these days, these guys seem to have done cost cutting right after the media batch of cars.

Same was pointed out for the Kushaq as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
What extra stuff does one get in kushaq Style 1.5 MT when compared to taigun GT 1.5 MT for the extra 1.2L?
  • Side and curtain airbags
  • Cruise Control
  • LED headlamps instead of halogens.
  • 17 inch nice pattern alloys instead of smaller, 16-inch, plain-silver alloy wheels with 205/60 R16 tyres
  • Ventilated seats
  • Music system with subwoofer
  • Auto-dimming IRVM
  • Auto headlamps
  • Rain sensing wipers
  • Sunroof
  • Keyless entry

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 25th September 2021 at 11:59.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th September 2021, 12:36   #651
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek_hch View Post
Not only the enthusiast but the safety conscious as well. The number of people who did not board the Kia-Hyundai bandwagon on this count is significant I would guess. For this enthusiast and/or safety conscious, they have a much needed option regardless of how well or badly these two cars ultimately end up doing.

I also wonder that if they had planned to clone Kia-Hyundai on all strategical counts why would have anyone bought their cars given Kia Hyundai have a far greater reach and a roomier cabin. Looks would then have been the only differentiator.
Define significant please.

Given that the Creta + Seltos retail 20,000 units on an average and the Kushaq has reached a max of 3k so far (and that's the peak, it will only go down consistently after that) I fail to understand where this "significant market is".

And feature loading is not cloning Kia Hyundai or MG or MM.

That's the norm. At least in this market.

The mass market eNthUsiasT market might be maybe 3-4k units per month at best. And the taigun + Kushaq will be stuck at this number imho
Stribog is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th September 2021, 13:20   #652
BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (9)

I don't know if this helps but saw a bunch of GT variants parked at the service center at Lucknow as I was visiting to get the lock carrier and engine guard changed.

Looks quite big in person and the Yellow potty colour is quite striking.

Volkswagen Taigun Review-b63835e94e784e3084f2e55640809ce0.jpeg

Volkswagen Taigun Review-333ad86b59ef46dc8b1e50489a433a51.jpeg

Volkswagen Taigun Review-282cd6656db8403a95e6789f2ba18713.jpeg

Volkswagen Taigun Review-8ed777a05e224f298b376452c9a4d5d7.jpeg

Volkswagen Taigun Review-8529d8a2d930423b90f3bbbd1309adc0.jpeg

Volkswagen Taigun Review-20963f92e4b948fe955f7c1d9ed54cab.jpeg

P.S. Couldn't resist taking a picture of this super hot zombie B8 Passat. Definitely a zombie because the DSG stick panel was open for manual unlock

Volkswagen Taigun Review-b0c0f0a2fb7f4f8daf1aeced187bce93.jpeg
vredesbyrd is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th September 2021, 14:09   #653
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yadavsunil View Post
Red color would get you specific set of customers only.

No me. Bye bye VW
Is it the red color or red lighting? The yellow 1.5DSG I have seen, both had grey interiors with red lighting as a GT theme
Old 25th September 2021, 14:27   #654
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD150 View Post
It was already known that Taigun would be priced at a premium, as Kushaq was launched at 10.5, it was very unlikely that VW would launch the Taigun at lower price. Infact they have launched at exact same price, which is surprising.
When Hyundai launched the new gen Creta, it had priced the base Petrol and Diesel models below ₹10 lac just a year ago. Earlier, Kia did the same for Seltos. The base Petrol and Diesel variant were differing in price by just ₹20k or so. Such was their agression. I had just hoped Skoda and VW would also price the base variant just below ₹ 10 lacs as an introductory price. In my opinion, the Korean twins understand Indian market dynamics better than the German twins.

At around ₹10.50 lacs ex-showroom price, I would prefer the Honda City base variant (similar spec) if not for the reported low ground clearance (Agreed that it is different segment).
DImPo is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th September 2021, 14:41   #655
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stribog View Post
Define significant please.

Given that the Creta + Seltos retail 20,000 units on an average and the Kushaq has reached a max of 3k so far (and that's the peak, it will only go down consistently after that) I fail to understand where this "significant market is".

And feature loading is not cloning Kia Hyundai or MG or MM.

That's the norm. At least in this market.

The mass market eNthUsiasT market might be maybe 3-4k units per month at best. And the taigun + Kushaq will be stuck at this number imho
Creta sells 12,500 units a month, 60% of which is diesel. So their petrol sales is around 5,000 units a month. They have a dealer network which is 6-7 times higher than Skoda. If you see in this perspective, getting to 50% sales of Creta is significant.

It's as clear as day that Indian market is obsessed with price, features & fuel efficiency. It's not as if this feature loading is not coming at a cost. There are tradeoffs with all cars, even with runaway successes. The feature loading is coming at the cost of a poorer shell structure - which should have been the last thing to be compromised.

And I personally do not understand why a buyer should bother much about how much a car sells every month. As long as he/she is happy with the car & the manufacturer is able to keep itself afloat & not shut shop, it doesn't matter much.

Skoda-VW have a long path to cover on outreach and ASS satisfaction front, especially the latter. Let's see where that goes.

Last edited by abhishek_hch : 25th September 2021 at 14:47.
abhishek_hch is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 25th September 2021, 14:43   #656

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitbarve View Post
Is it the red color or red lighting? The yellow 1.5DSG I have seen, both had grey interiors with red lighting as a GT theme
Its proper inserts of Red on the interiors, which is in addition to the red lighting.

Yellow and white exterior color car has silver inserts on the interiors.
Old 25th September 2021, 15:41   #657
BHPian

Well just went to check out all the colors in the Taigun at the dealer stockyard. I was also skeptical about the red inserts but it does not look that bad. The GT model has minor red inserts in the seat and it goes well with the dashboard & red ambient lighting.
Some pictures attached of the Taigun in all the colors.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Taigun Review-whatsapp-image-20210925-1.19.36-pm.jpeg  

Volkswagen Taigun Review-whatsapp-image-20210925-1.19.35-pm.jpeg  

Volkswagen Taigun Review-whatsapp-image-20210925-12.54.02-pm.jpeg  

Volkswagen Taigun Review-whatsapp-image-20210925-1.09.30-pm.jpeg  

Volkswagen Taigun Review-whatsapp-image-20210925-1.00.59-pm.jpeg  

TJ02 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th September 2021, 19:39   #658
BHPian

Hi everyone,

Great to be joining in on the discussion here. I've been keenly following this thread as I'm looking for an uppgrade to my 2015 Creta 1.6.

I was slightly disappointed by the prices of the 1.5, and am currently waiting on the delhi dealers to recive 1.0 AT vehicles for TD so that I can take a final decision (other options being the Astor and XUV700)

I also have a few concerns:

1. From the images and videos I've seen till now, it appears that it might a slight downgrade to my Creta in terms of size.

2. Based on the specs of the 1.0 Tsi, I might end up missing the grunt of the 1.6 CRDI in the Creta.

3. The mid variant seems extremely stripped down for something called the "Highline". Atleast getting the set of LED lamps would have been a saving grace. The XUV700 is even offering a panoramic sunroof on the mid AX5 variant!

While I'll still go for a TD and see for my self what all the fuss about VW build quality is about, I think the above reasons might be dealbreakers for me given the other options.
nasir88 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2021, 21:45   #659
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasir88 View Post
Hi everyone,

Great to be joining in on the discussion here. I've been keenly following this thread as I'm looking for a uppgrade to my 2015 Creta 1.6.

I was slightly disappointed by the prices of the 1.5, and am currently waiting on the delhi dealers to recive 1.0 AT vehicles for TD so that I can take a final decision (other options being the Astor and XUV700)
I think your reviews will help the forum to clear a lot of air as you own a Creta which is the current leader in sales and since you are planning to buy the Tiguan your observation would not be biased and will be blunt rather in what you experience and feel first hand while you TD the vehicle.
I hope your review will also clearly define the differences in both the vehicles(The Good, The Bad, The worst)
Eagerly waiting for your review.
Artyom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2021, 00:09   #660
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yadavsunil View Post
Final nail in my VW buy plans... All 1.5 DSG versions are blessed with an interior with Red + grey.
The Yellow and White DSGs are the only two colours that do not have red inserts. The others have them.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks